• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 50 - Retreating The Castle

"RAHHH!!!"

Spike was covered in smoke after Twilight's beam that pushed him to a wall had exploded. It hurt, and it was painful -- he admitted -- but he could take it. Coughing once or twice, he stood and waved his claw to get rid of the smoke that surrounded him. When his sight was clear of smoke, he saw his pony-brother, Gold Blitz, was spinning in place, his mouth biting Twilight's mane as he carried her and spun her along with him.

Gold Blitz let go of his grip on the purple unicorn's mane, sending her flying towards Princess Celestia's crystal case. Her back caught the impact, and she bounced a bit before landing on the table in front of Celestia. The air in her lungs had escaped her, and she just lied there, as she eyed the brown earth pony growling as he slowly makes his way towards her.

"Gold!" Spike shouted, ignoring the ongoing battle in the other parts of the room. The purple dragon ran towards the earth pony, only to stumble back after Gold Blitz turned his head to face him, his angry red and yellow eyes almost petrifying the dragon in fear.

With the purple unicorn down, the morale of the unicorns within the library had lessen, and soon, every unicorn were down on the ground, except for an old stallion who was giving the one-winged pegasus filly a difficult time.

Starfall grinned as he evaded Scootaloo's quick hooves. He has learned her technique by now. He sent a powerful pulse of mana energy, making the pegasus fly towards a bookshelf. The impact caused the shelf itself to fall to the ground, with Scootaloo. Grinning, Starfall took a step towards her, and another, and rope was now wrapped around his neck. He managed to blink before his vision collapsed to the floor. Struggling, he failed to get back to his four hooves when a rope wrapped itself on all his four limbs.

Applejack and Apple Bloom had already taken down their unicorn foes, and they have just finished lasso-ing the old unicorn. Apple Bloom glared at the unicorn as she approached him.

Scootaloo emerged from the mountain of books, and instantly saw Apple Bloom's mighty hooves pounding on Starfall's neck. The old unicorn stallion choked before losing his consciousness.

"Awww," Scootaloo pouted, "I was going to kick that old guy's flank!"

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes, "yeah, sure ya would."

"I'm serious!" Scootaloo looked away angrily as she crossed her front hooves on her chest. "I need no rescue..." She spat.

"Little help guys?" Spike called, taking a few steps back. He took another, and another, until his back was now against the wall. Gold Blitz was staring coldly at him as the stallion took fearful steps towards him, like how a predator corners his prey. "Gold, it's me, Spike! Remember!?"

Gold Blitz let out a quiet growl as he took another step towards Spike, his yellow and red eyes piercing at Spike's emerald eyes.

"Brownie," Applejack spoke as she carried her brother on her back, "stop fooling around! We need tah get outt---!'

Gold Blitz launched himself towards Spike, with front hooves outstretched and mouth wide open. Spike yelped and brought his claws over his head as he closed his eyes in fear. One... Two... Three... Huh, Spike was sure something would be happening by now. Daring to open an eye, he saw Gold Blitz was floating in mid-air inside a bubble of some sort. Meters away, he saw Sweetie Belle, her horn glowing fiercely as she concentrated her magic around the brown and wild earth pony.

Gold Blitz growled and threw his limbs around. Soon, he started pounding the edges of the bubble with his limbs, and even headbutting on it. "I can't hold him much longer," Sweetie Belle whined.

"R-right," Spike said, walking away from the crazy earth pony. "He's the plan," he continued as he reached Sweetie Belle, where Scootaloo and Apple Bloom had gathered along with Applejack.

Scootaloo laughed, "and since when were you the party-planner, huh?"

"Scoots, not now," Apple Bloom warned, earning a groan from the pegasus.

"If you want a plan, here's one: we run out, kick all unicorns' flanks off, and we get out." Scootaloo smiled.

Spike ignored her as he brought his own plan. "Anyway... We'll escape his place, the same way we got here."

"Awww, but that was boring!" Scootaloo whined.

"One more word, Scoots," Apple Bloom glared icily at her pegasus friend, making her flinch in place.

"All right, all right... I'll zip my mouth, sheesh..."

"Thank you," Spike nodded, "now, we escape from where we came. After we reach the ground -- where I'm sure there will be a few unicorns there -- we fight them, only enough for us to make a path towards the hole that Pinkamena had dug." He brought a claw on his chin as he thought of it. "Hm... Applejack and Sweetie will be in the middle. Scoot, you protect the back. Apple Bloom, you take care of the front. I'll be in the middle, since I can deflect their magic beams and all..."

"No need to rub that on our faces, you little---" whatever Scootaloo was going to say next had died inside her throat as Apple Bloom's cold glare had frozen the pegasus' mouth.

"A'right, Ah like this plan an all," Applejack spoke suddenly, a bit faster than usual, after she heard a few running hooves approaching. "But how exactly did yah got here?" And to answer her question, Spike pointed at the open window. Applejack paled. "Y-yer kiddin', right?"

"Nope," Spike replied as he and the others started heading to the window. "Bloom's kick made our climbing ropes reach this floor from the ground."

"By 'ground'," Applejack spoke nervously as she reached them, ignoring the thrashing earth pony inside the bubble, "do ya mean from the base of this ol' mountain, or on the city's ground?"

Spike shook his head. "From the castle's ground, of course. Would be kinda impossible if we did it from the base of the mountain... Now come on."

Everyone nodded, except for Applejack. Apple Bloom climbed out of the window and grabbed the rope with her mouth, and started working her way down. Scootaloo hopped on the window frame. She sighed. "Stupid unicorns cutting my other wing..." She glared at the rope before biting it and working her way down.

Spike was about to tell Applejack to go next when two unicorns had suddenly entered the room. "Darn it," Spike muttered, spitting fire to his claws and forming a green lance from it. He quickly ran in front of them and batted the mana beam that was fired towards them, sending it back to it's sender. "Applejack, could you maybe carry Sweetie as well?"

"Ah see no problem with that," yet she gulped, "b-but, we're so high up...!" She quickly brought a hoof on her mouth as she accidentally spat her fear.

Sweetie Belle arched an eyebrow, even though she was already having a hard time dealing with the thrashing earth pony. "You're afraid of heights? Bloom had told me that you're a very tough pony!"

Gold Blitz brought a mighty pound, managing to make a crack on the crystal bubble. Sweetie gasped and concentrated on her task, as Spike ran towards the unicorns and fought them with his green lance against their swords.

Applejack, realizing that she needed to act now, sighed. "A'right, fine..." She grumbled, carried Sweetie Belle, worked her way out of the window, shivered and gulped, grabbed the rope, and started going down...although slow...with Gold Blitz in tow.

"You're trembling," Sweetie Belle teased.

"Hush," if only Applejack could glare at the unicorn right now. She still hated unicorns. Might as well drop her to the ground?

PreviousChapters Next