• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44 - Cause Of Darkness

As I reached the table, where Twilight was seated the first time I got inside this messy library of hers, Celestia's dark-blue gem-cage-thingy started to glow faintly. And while it was glowing though, I was starting to feel...light...lighter...inside of me... It's like, if you're really having a troubled mind, you just need to go somewhere to cool off, like in a quiet beach. The beach...how I miss that cool and salty breeze...

"Gold Blitz..." Celestia's voice echoed, and as soon as I heard her, that was when I realized that I was closing my eyes. I opened them, and I found myself in the darkness once again, though Celestia's glowing form was a few feet in front of me. She was...frowning... "Must you need to risk your very life to reach me here? And for what purpose, may I ask?"

I frowned. Gee, "hello to you too, Princess," I cleared my throat, "I'm realy in a hurry though, so I'll make this quick. Ahem, well uh, your sister directed me here to ask you how to get rid of the black clouds."

The dark environment around us suddenly changed into the brown field of the War Plains. I could see the Castle of Ca---er---Unicornia from a distance. Turning to the other direction, I saw the white cloud kingdom of the pegasi. I heard Celestia took a gentle intake of breath, which caught my attention. I faced her as she turned her head up, staring solemnly at the black blanket of clouds.

"Are you knowledgeable of dragons?" She asked, still staring at the clouds above.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "Er... Not much. Dragons don't exist in the world where I came from, anyway, so uh..."

She slowly turned her head down to face me. "What do you know of them, then?"

I am not sure if this is needed. I just told her that I am in a hurry, haven't I? Aw well... "Well, they're reptiles, they're huge, they have wings, they breathe fire, they can fly, they eat other animals---" Celestia's eyebrow arched, "---they're strong, and uh..." I blinked a few times, "I guess...that's all I know about them. Why?"

She turned slightly, facing something of her general direction of her sight. I followed her gaze, and saw tall mountains from the distance. From my point of view, those group of tall mountains are...west...from Unicornia. Huh, and out of all those mountains, one of them -- the tallest -- is looking...very thin. And now that I was staring at that specific mountain, I am sure that there are...black...smoke-clouds coming out from that land formation.

"The Smokey Mountains," Celestia's voice echoed, "that is where the source of these black clouds are coming from." O-oh... I think I know where this is going already... Celestia's head slightly turned, enough to give me a side glance. "There, inside the cave on the highest peak of the tallest mountain, is a dragon currently in slumber."

I sighed. Yeah, I knew it... "This dragon's snoring is making all of this, huh?" Celestia nodded with a small hint of surprise. "So, all I need to do is to wake that dragon up and ask it to sleep somewhere else?"

Celestia closed her eyes and shook her head slightly. "If only it was that easy, my little pony." I'm not a pony! Well, I am, at the moment, but uh, oh whatever... "And if the dragon were to comply and sleep elsewhere, the area of it's choice will suffer the same fate."

"Good...point..." I scratched my nape, confused. "So uh," I gulped, "h-how am I to stop the dragon from snoring?"

Celestia's face wrinkled slightly, and it was full of worry. I don't like where this is going... She opened her mouth to say something, but I suddenly felt that I was flying. It was a very weird sensation, but I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my side, as if I was slammed on a wall or something. The instant I opened my eyes though, I found myself lying on the messy library's floor, near the wall. Was I really thrown to this wall?

"Welcome back," I was stunned to hear the voice of the unicorn mare I so did not want to meet just yet. I then found myself being levitated and floated towards the fierce-looking Twilight Sparkle, who was standing on the center of the room, and behind her were the two unicorns who were standing outside. I am suddenly feeling quite tired. That soothing feeling I was having earlier was instantly gone, and was quickly replaced with the feelings I was dealing with a while ago: tiredness, hunger, and more tiredness... Flailing my limbs to break free seems useless though. "You've been a pretty bad pony, Blitz."

"Look who's talking," I snarled. "Let me go!"

"No chance," she grinned as her horn glowed intensely. "You're alone, and nopony will come to help you this time."

That's where you're wrong. But I just wish Applejack would come here now and...oh! There she i---her hooves are tied with ropes as she was dragged inside the room with three other unicorns, and one of them was Starfall. Oh great...

Twilight turned her head towards the newcomers. The instant she did, Big Mac came in with a serious look. "Look's like everpony's present," Twilight grinned, winked at the red stallion, and turned towards my floating self.

"S-sorry Brownie..." I heard Applejack's quiet voice as she dropped her gaze on the floor. She eyed me slightly, and I immediately took it to flash her a small smile. Not like this was all her fault. I planned everything poorly, in all honesty. I should have planned things better than this... I wonder if I'd be able to get back to my human self if Twilight decides to kill me. Gulp... I don't wanna feel how death would be like... What if... Eh? Something was opening the window from outside behind Twilight's direction.

"You made me wait in the castle ground, Blitz, and that is not very nice," Twilight grinned as I rolled my eyes.

"Let him go!" Yelled Spike, as he jumped from the window, and landed on the floor. Twilight, surprised, spun around, as I placed a hoof on my face. Oh goodness...haven't Spike heard of a surprise attack? It could have worked! What's done's done, I guess. Other unicorns turned with different levels of surprised expressions.

Twilight calmed and frowned. "Oh, it's just you..." she said lamely.

Spike grinned as he crossed his arms over his chest. Damn, I miss having arms... "Guess again, Twilight."

From the same window he came in, three pony figures jumped in and landed in front of the small baby dragon. Applejack and Big Mac gasped in unison after recognizing one of the three crusaders. How they got up here from a window, I need to ask that later. The three crusaders wore their small signature capes. Their teen-aged figures may not deliver a threat, but their eyes...they're...fearsome...and scary...

PreviousChapters Next