• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82 - For The Princess

Thunder roared through the sky as the crimson daylight suddenly turned into the darkness of nights in one blink. The moon glowed brightly as it flew towards the burning sun in the heavens. The clash of horns lit the evening sky back to daylight, where the celestial sun burned brightly at its peak.

The chaotic scene was accompanied by the sun princess' cries of reaching through the cursed body of her beloved sister, but her efforts were completely reaching no goals as another squad of pegasi ponies were struck down to the ground by series of lightning bolts leaping out from the darkened heavens as the stars replaced the sun's position in the heavenly sky.

Unicorns were running in to position below the celestial beings. After the moon struck a powerful kick, the sun princess was thrown back and crashed on the earthy ground of the green pasture. As the sky was slowly being covered by dark-purple clouds, the unicorns flared their horns and fired series of mana beams at the laughing moon.

A moon-white barrier formed around the nightmare, dissolving the beams upon contact. She grinned evilly, and laughed like a maniac as murderous lightning bolts danced from the heavens, striking down to the ground. The unicorns shouted in pain, but as quick as the lightning bolts struck them, so were their lives have left them.

Another squad of pegasi ponies flew quietly above her. The nightmare is aware of their presence, but grinned as she eyed the new unicorns arriving in the scene. As the heavens brighten to give way to the morning sun, the unicorns fired fierce beams of mana. However, the nightmare simply hovered away, and the beams struck the pegasi ponies instead.

She laughed as she let loose another series of lightning, but a bright celestial beam struck her on the head, completely losing her ability of flight. Celestia flew and flared her horn to get rid of the nightmare-ish clouds hovering the day-lit sky.

Celestia gasped as she felt a strong magical presence behind her. She spun and flared her horn brighter than the sun, and the shadow of the nightmare screamed in pain. The shadow screeched as it slowly began to fade, but then Celestia heard a flap. She turned her head, and behind her she saw her sister — the alicorn she desired to save. However, Luna's eyes were glowing black, and grinned as she flared her horn and fired a dark-purple beam towards the gasping sun princess.

“NO!!!” Twilight shouted from the balcony of Celestia's room. The scene was far away, yet the eruptions of powerful waves of magic reached even the Castle of Unicornia. She cried as she eyed the falling sun princess from the air. As the sky quickly changed to night, mana beams flew towards the nightmare.

Beside the crying purple unicorn was a snickering serpentine dragon. He lifted a limb to his eye to wipe an escaping tear as he laughed. “I've never seen Celestia so pathetic!” And he laughed again as the sun broke the evening sky instantly. He then bent down so his head could be of the same level of his unicorn companion. He wrapped a limb around the crying unicorn's neck. “Come now, Twi-twi, I don't remember ever inviting you to watch a drama theater.” He snickered. “This is a comedy, so come on!” He gleefully lifted the unicorn with both his limbs, and then another pair appeared hovering in the air, and stretched Twilight's lips into a smiling curve. “Now there's a face I wanted to see!”

Twilight slapped the floating limbs away and covered her eyes as she sobbed.

Discord frowned at her before he put her back down with a frustrated grunt. “Some date you turned out to be! You can't even enjoy watching one of my favorite shows!”

“This is horrible...” Twilight sobbed, making Discord roll his eyes.

“You know, you're really boring...” Discord said lamely as he eyed the unicorn who's slowly getting back on her hooves and stared at the battle scene.

“Oh, princess...” she hung her head low as she sobbed and sat on the ground, “...I'm sorry... I only wish I could be strong enough to help you...”

Discord arched an eyebrow at the unicorn, and then he turned to the scene, where Celestia was once again falling towards the ground with great speed. He turned back to the sobbing unicorn, and then back at the scene. He repeated the process as his frown slowly becoming into a mischievous grin.

He snapped his fingers excitingly. “Aha! I've got it!” He then grabbed the unicorn again and pulled her back to her four hooves. He lifted her gaze at him. “I think I have the most wonderful idea that will definitely add more enjoyment to what we're having now!” He lifted himself up and brought a limb to his chin as his smile turned into a thinking frown. “Hm... Well, to me at least. Since you—” he pointed at the unicorn “—will be playing a part on this.”

“What are you talking about, Discord?” Twilight asked as she wiped her tears off of her eyes.

“I finally know why you're not enjoying this!” Discord gleefully exclaimed the revelation, making the unicorn throw herself into a sitting position. Discord flashed brightly and appeared beside the unicorn in her height. He wrapped a limb around her neck. “Listen, you want to help your oh so good and loving princess right?” Twilight nodded lamely and sniffed. “And I want to watch a more comedic show! And I know how to do just that!” He removed his limb from her neck and snaked his lips close to her ear. “We...swap...places...!”

Discord giggled like a foal as Twilight eyed him with a tearful glare.

“Just think about it! I'll let you use my body so you can save this, uh, princess—” he air-quoted “—of yours, and I'll use your body to watch a good show! Good idea, right?” he wiggled his eyes.

Twilight glared at him some more, but the air suddenly carried Celestia's painful screams to her ears. She broke her glare and gasped as she turned to the scene. Celestia was weakly struggling to set herself free from the nightmare cloud that was covering her, while Nightmare Moon laughed maniacally. Twilight considered Discord's offer. She turned to him, and saw him with a big toothy grin with an outstretched limb, waiting for her hoof to shake it.

She turned back to the scene, and then at the outstretched limb. She slowly lifted a hoof, and eyed it as it was slowly lifted from the ground.

Discord grunted annoyingly and grabbed her lifting hoof. “Do you want to save your princess or not?” Twilight gasped as he lifted her to his face level. “I'm getting bored here, you know.”

Twilight looked down, still unsure of what to do. “If...if I agree to this...will...” she then eyed him, “we'll swap back after, right?”

Discord annoyingly rolled his eyes. “Who's the one with the power to swap bodies, huh?” He blinked twice and his expression became blank and let the unicorn go, dropping her on the ground. “Hm...” he brought a limb on his chin, deep in thought. “Not swapping bodies... It's more like we're just swapping souls, but meh,” he shrugged, “I don't see the difference.” He then glared at the trembling unicorn. “Make up your mind already! The show's about to end and I haven't enjoyed it to the fullest yet! Do you realize how frustrating that is?”

Twilight bit her lower lip as she looked away. She's not really sure if—

“And yes, we can swap back,” Discord added lamely as he sat down on a chair that just appeared out of thin air.

PreviousChapters Next