• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 139 - Wolf

Crystal blue wolf-like creatures walked out from the thicker parts of the mist. Their vicious growls sent chills in the air and their golden-yellow eyes struck the three human beings and a pegasus.

Rainbow Dash gulped and took a step back, her hind hoof struck the watery surface of the shore. The splashing noise jerked the wolves' ears up, and all eyes fell on her.

A few wolves barked before — one by one — they kicked their legs on the sandy ground and rushed towards the pegasus, who jumped in a gasp and slipped on her hoof.

“Oof—!” Rainbow grunted, but gasped again, “I mean, AHHH!!!”

“Rainbow!” Jay shouted as he began rushing towards the pegasus, but his speed was greatly reduced due to him being on the water.

Rainbow flailed her limbs and managed to crawl back into the water. By the time a wolf was about to dig its sharp crystal claws on the cyan pegasus however, Rainbow managed to kick the ground, sending her into the deeper parts of the water.

“Rainbow!” Jay called as he was about a few feet away from where Rainbow had sunk. Soon, the pegasus emerged, gasping for breath. Jay sighed in relief that the pegasus was okay.

Turning quickly, Rainbow swam towards Jay in a rush, and quicker than a second, the pegasus swam and hid behind the human, who was merely standing there, stared at the shorelines.

“Weird...” Jay whispered as he eyed the huge number of growling crystal wolves, who were standing on the shore. He turned slightly, enough for him to see the other two humans approaching him, and way behind the two was the maroon dragon, who was in the middle of scratching its scaly neck. “Huh...” Jay stared at the dragon for a short while, and then turned his gaze back at the wolves, who were desperately wanting to kill them, but somehow, something was stopping them.

“I was about to fire but,” Bug spoke when he and Xilfer were close enough to Jay and Rainbow, “I guess there's no need?” He shrugged and spun the gun with one finger.

‘I doubt that would even leave a scratch...’ Jay thought as he scratched his neck. Seeing the dragon scratching its neck made his neck a bit itchy.

“What are they doing?” Rainbow voiced out after she finally collected herself and gave herself distance from Jay. She eyed the wolves questioningly. “First, they chased after me like a piece of meat in the middle of a forest, and now they're just looking at us like a live show. I don't get it.”

“Kronz said that,” Xilfer paused for a second, “that the bridge was pulled back down before the mist could reach the city.”

“So, it's clear that the mist hates the water?” Jay asked.

Xilfer shook his head. “More like the salt water.” He looked up. “If it was any water, they would have trouble with this drizzle.”

Jay turned to him, and then looked up at the gloomy sky. “Huh, that's a good point...”

Bug sighed. “Well, that was anti-climatic.”

“Shut up,” Rainbow groaned.

“The other half of Mount Comet is on a beach,” Xilfer explained, “it would be easier to get there if we swim.”

“Can't we just hitch a ride on your dragon?” Bug suggested. “It's a bit cold to swim...”

Jay nodded. “I'll go and talk to her.”

Bug arched an eyebrow as he and the rest stared at him walking towards the dragon. When Jay was out of earshot, he turned to Xilfer. “The dragon's a ‘she’?”

Xilfer ignored his question.


“It sounded like a good idea at first...” Jay groaned as he and the others sat on the dragon's scaly back. “But...” Jay sighed as he eyed the shorelines.

Xelene agreed to carry them all the way to the base of Mount Comet. It would have been easier if she could fly, but her wings were still aching from the electric star-dust that struck her from out of nowhere.

On the shoreline however, were the large number of crystal wolves. They have been following them ever since they swam away from the bridge. Their claws were quietly touching and digging on the sand while the silence were broken by their growls and barks.

“Go away!” Rainbow shouted at them.


“They didn't go away...” Rainbow groaned and sighed.

The group has finally reached their destination, however, the wolves were on the shoreline, and what is worse, they have increased in number.

“Well, this is troublesome...” Jay grumbled.

“Ready the grenades,” Xilfer said, and Bug obliged.

Jay sharply turned to his brother. “The what!?” He jumped to stand when Bug simply tossed a grenade to Xilfer. “Ack! You can't be serious!”

“Any better ideas, bro?” Xilfer stared at him with a bored expression.

“I ah uh...”

“Then be quiet while we clear the path.” Xilfer then stood up and turned to the shore.

“No, don't!” Jay was about to grab his brother's hand, but Xilfer already pulled the pin.

He froze when Xilfer tossed the grenade at the group. It was then followed by another one from Bug.

Rainbow's eyes followed the thrown objects and blinked when it landed and seemingly nothing was happening. “So...uh...what's gonna—”

Two large explosions made her gasp and jump, almost slipping off of the dragon's back. Sand and crystal flew everywhere as smoke and dust covered the area where the wolves were mere seconds ago.

“Ugh...” Rainbow rubbed both her ringing ears. “I swear, t-that was even louder than unicorn heads exploding...”

Xilfer closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, the shore was now absent of smoke and dust, and wolves. Two blackened craters were on the shore, and were slowly being filled by the saltwater. Crystal fragments littered everywhere.

“Again,” Bug smiled as he carried the bag, “anti-climatic...”

“I wouldn't count on it...” Jay mumbled as he eyed a few pieces of blue crystals that were faintly glowing in green. “W-we should probably hurry and get inside the mountain before all of those pieces stack back into more wolves...”

Bug and Xilfer turned to him with arching eyebrows.

There was a faint buzz-like noise. Bug and Xilfer both turned back at the shore, and stared at the glowing pieces of crystals were slowly moving into a spot.

Jay sighed. “Should we move, or should we wait for a ‘climatic’ event?”

“Moving sounds good!” Rainbow hastily replied as she jumped to the water.

PreviousChapters Next