• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,669 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,669

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 65 - Draconic Beast

'She knew all along!'

Gold Blitz immediately tackled Fluttershy while she was still thrown from the impact of his first attack. He prepared is skull before delivering a powerful headbutt on the yellow pegasus' chest.

'Yet she didn't said anything!'

Fluttershy landed on the hill-like gemstones where the dragon's huge head was resting on. The sharp gems stabbed her back, and she gasped and screeched in pain. Wincing, she flapped her wings and went airborne just in time before Gold Blitz's hooves could land on her.

Fluttershy braced herself as she hovered low, preparing her two front limbs to catch or block Gold Blitz's attack, but it didn't happen. She just then realized that the earth pony was working his way towards the head of the resting dragon. Each of his steps were difficult for the gems were occasionally falling like a land slide each time his angry hooves presses down, but even so, he did managed to get closer.

The pegasus quickly flapped her wings and gave the earth pony her own version of a tackle. She pinned him down, and didn't got off of him as the gems rolled down, bringing the earth pony sliding down as well.

Gold Blitz hissed from the pain of sharp gems stabbing him. Before he reaches the ground however, he kicked his four hooves up, lifting him and the pegasus diagonally in the air. He twisted his body vertically, and delivered his front hoof on the startled pegasus mare's face. The pegasus was thrown further, and as the two landed, Gold Blitz was panting, his head hanging low, and he could see his own blood dripping from his chest and stomach. Snarling, he rose his head and saw Fluttershy was lying on the ground, just a few feet away from the frozen baby dragon.

'She was even using Spike just so I would turn back!'

'But it's all my fault!'

'No! It's not my fault! How could it be! I didn't know!'

'Fluttershy knew! She knew about baby dragons! But she didn't say anything about it!'

Fluttershy's world was spinning, but she knew she needed to snap out of it. Shaking her head, her vision was cleared and focused, but her face is aching. As she brought herself on her hooves, she felt a small stream of blood flowing out from one of her nostril. She wiped it with a hoof before fixing her gaze on the earth pony, who was already climbing up the hill of gems.

Flaring her wings, she flapped rapidly and flew straight towards the earth pony, her two front hooves ready to pin him down once again.

However, Gold Blitz's ear twitched after hearing her quiet flaps. He lowered his body and jumped in time, and Fluttershy crashed on the gems instead. Gold Blitz immediately pinned her down, and now they were sliding down while Fluttershy cried from the pain of the sharp gems stabbing her lower body.

When both reached the ground, the earth pony got off of the wincing pegasus mare, crying quietly while staring at the few gems that got stuck on her, and her own blood flowing out. Gold Blitz felt pity, but reminded himself of how cold-hearted the mare was for letting him and Spike coming here.

Realizing that there are no longer any obstacles in his way, he started climbing up the hill of gems, his angry gaze locked on the closed eyes of the resting dragon—

—which suddenly opened its eyes, its red large eyes reflecting the shocked features of the brown earth pony who was merely a foot away.

The dragon let out a low growl as it lifted both its wings and front limbs. With its large claws open, the dragon pulled both down on hills of gems to lift itself up while flaring its wings and locking its gaze on the shocked earth pony, who was already sliding down towards the ground, and stopped a few inches from a very familiar pegasus mare, who is not moving. Seeing the pegasus was bleeding, the dragon's tired eyes instantly became fierce. It exhaled a fume of black smoke through its nostrils as it slowly opened its mouth, showing large numbers of white, large, and sharp sets of teeth.

Gold Blitz gulped, sweated, and gulped again. "Uh... Boss battle?"

The mighty dragon dove its head and roared in front of the earth pony. Gold Blitz was shocked momentarily before snapping himself back into his senses. He quickly turned around and ra—stepped on a sharp gem, making him fall on the ground and roll twice before stopping.

The cavern shook, and Gold Blitz realized that the dragon took its very first step towards him. He dared looking up and saw the dragon just made its second step as it folded its wings to avoid the few large and thick stalactites that were poking out from the black blanket of smoke on the ceiling. What was worse, yellow bright fumes of fire were escaping the dragon's mouth.

Gold Blitz bit the gem that was stuck on his hoof, pulled it off, spat it out, jumped back into his hooves, and ra—ducked in time as the fiery hot blaze flew above him. Opening his eyes, the flames was still going, and was burning the ground in front of him...where Spike was lying on!

His eyes opened wide at the horrific fiery scene he was seeing. Spike was burning, but all he could see was yellow, orange, and red flames. And when the fire stopped, the earth pony quickly jumped back on his hooves and dashed straight towards the burned baby dragon. He disregarded the earth-shaking steps of the large dragon behind him as he stared at the charcoal-black body of the baby dragon...

His vision became misty as another heavy step came from behind. He lost his breath. He lost his strength to even stand up. He slowly extended a shaky hoof and touched Spike's head as another heavy step shook the cavern, making the small stalactites fall around the place. The cavern was then filled with a predatory growl, mixed with the quiet sobs of the earth pony.

A final step, and the dragon's mighty head was above the sobbing earth pony. Growling, it opened its large mouth, pulled its head back, and dove for the ki—the earth pony spun in time to punch the side of the dragon's head, directing its route to the side and crashed its head and opened mouth on the hard ground instead.

The back of a claw quickly appeared in front of Gold Blitz's startled eyes, and it immediately swept him towards the wall of the cave, where his back took the impact. He lost the air in his lungs as he fell on the ground. He coughed as the entire area shook from claws rapidly closing in on him.

'Jump to the side!'

He heard the voice inside his head shouting too loudly for comfort, but he didn't have the time to complain, and instead, followed what the voice had told him to do. He jumped out of the way of an opened mouth. This time however, the dragon had learned from its mistake earlier, and instead of crashing directly on the cave's wall, it quickly turned its head towards the pony, making the dragon's side to absorb the impact from crashing on the wall instead of its head again.

It closed its mouth and exhaled a fierce wave of fire, but Gold Blitz was able to jump out of the way in time. He saw a gemstone. He grabbed it, aimed, and threw it directly towards the dragon's exposed eye. But the dragon stopped breathing fire and ducked its head to avoid the projectile. It brought its head back and roared at the fleeing pony.

The dragon gave chase, and almost stepping on the baby dragon. Gold Blitz ran towards the hills of gems, and started grabbing a few and tossed them at the dragon, but it did little to no effect whatsoever. He gave up and concentrated on running instead.

He climbed up on a hill of gems with difficulty. He left a few gems flying down in his wake, making the dragon stop momentarily from following him.

Reaching the top, Gold Blitz turned, and yelped after seeing how quick the dragon crawled up and its head already in front of the startled pony. The head pulled back and breathed out a fierce flamethrower.

Gold Blitz ducked in time, but started sliding down on the other side. He looked up, and saw the dragon was already chasing after him. Thinking quickly while still sliding down, he decided to kick a few gems with his front limbs towards the dragon chasing him. His first try managed to slice the dragon's left eye.

The dragon yelped and roared in pain. It lost its balance and started rolling down quickly towards the ground. Seeing this, Gold Blitz spun and started running down, ignoring the sharp stabs on the gems on his hooves.

As he got on the ground, he jumped quickly in time before the large body of the dragon would crush him. However, while still on the air, the dragon flailed its claws, managing to push the earth pony hard on the ground, and shoving him away with great force.

Gold Blitz was seeing yellow and red, but he quickly closed his eyes and shook his head viciously. Opening them once again, his vision returned clear, and he quickly ran and climbed on the dragon's back, and worked his way on its neck. He gave the neck a mighty embrace with his four hooves, planning to choke the monster to death.

The dragon yelped after realizing what is happening. It quickly disregarded its dizzy state as it tried to flail its head to shake the pony off. After a few tries and no success, the dragon started reaching with its claws, but they were an inch or two short from reaching the pony. Flapping its wings to desperately get rid of the nuisance, it started standing on its hind legs, wobbling in the cavern, and even bumping on the caves walls until it decided to flap its wings hard until both the dragon and the pony realized that they were already soaring in the air.

---

"Nnnggghhh...uh..." A weak voice echoed in the cavern. A black claw was suddenly lifted and turned to scratch a black head. Groaning, green weak eyes came out from black eyelids.

After the wake-up task of scratching his head, Spike lazily lifted himself into a sitting position as he rubbed both his eyes with both claws, and letting out a pretty large yawn. He sniffed, and stopped. 'Something's burning. Or something is burned.'

He removed his claws from his eyes and started looking around himself. 'Huh, I must have fallen over a campfire or something...' Satisfied with his initial conclusion of the burned mystery, Spike stood and brought his claws together to stre— 'Why are my arms black?' He looked at himself. 'Why am I all black all of a sudden?'' He brought a claw on his chin to try and solve this weird mystery, but he stopped after hearing a faint whisper.

Turning from the source, he saw a familiar pegasus lying helplessly on the ground, bleeding. "Oh my gosh, Fluttershy!" He rushed towards her.

PreviousChapters Next