• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,669 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,669

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 117 - Odd

“Rainbow Dash”


My wing hurts... Okay, not really all of my wing. Just the base. Y'know, on my back. The joint that connects my back and my wings together. Augh, whatever. I'm not good at this whole...uh...watchamacallit.

Anyway, this Kronz dude said something about a “bond” thing. I dunno what he meant, but I think he said it to this Claire girl instead of me. If Claire wants to understand what I'm saying, then she needs to bond with me? Really?

There was a weird ringing noise that suddenly flared in this small weird room. It was an annoying sound, but I was thankful that Kronz stopped it. Apparently, it came from that small rectangle box thing.

Oh yeah, Kronz and Claire are weird creatures that I have never seen before. I mean, they look like monkeys... but taller... less hair...and I really mean that these two have very less hair than a monkey. And they wear clothes. I haven't really seen monkeys wearing clothes before. I guess they count?

Anyway, Kronz placed that noisy rectangle thing to his ear and started talking. I think he's starting to lose it. Whatever...

As much fun as it was hanging with these guys, I had places that I needed to go. Unfortunately, they couldn't understand me, so I am pretty much all alone. I sighed as I turned my attention to the outside world.

What the hay is happening in this place anyway? Why are things so dark here? Is this a part of Unicornia? I shook my head. No, it's probably not. This must be a place that wasn't conquered by neither the unicorn freaks nor the pegasus yet.

And judging from that weird black horn-head from far-away, I'd say that he's making a pretty good job at conquering this place. I mean, what the hay? How powerful is that unicorn!? I've never seen a unicorn able to make large shiny rocks come up from the ground, and still be able to run around!

What is worse, he's the only unicorn doing all the job! Unicornia must be pretty darn confident of his abilities if they sent him and only him...oh wait... He has an army of blue shiny ponies with him... What's with that, anyway? What kind of a cool and evil unicorn brings along blue shiny ponies? Wait wait wait... Did I just said cool!? Augh...

I rubbed my head. Think, Rainbow, think! I need to get outta here. As much fun as it was to kick that dude's flank, I wouldn't last a second without the aid of my wings... Ugh, that stupid wall... I thought it only gave me a headache... It also gave me a wing ache as well... Sheesh...

“You did WHAT!?”

I jumped and quickly turned back to the two monkeys. And no, I wasn't scared or frightened or anything! Yeah, sure, my eyes shrunk and my heart rate increased, but no, I wasn't scared!

I could barely hear their voices now. So I have no idea what's going on. What is worse, Kronz and Claire are talking rapidly at the same time towards that box. What is worst, the loud goings on outside is also making things pretty difficult for me to hear anything.

Hear...anything...huh...

I turned back at the outside world. There's a blue shiny dragon flying through the sky, dodging those fireballs from the flying metal with wings thing.

That dragon, it's crying for help... I wonder why? If it's asking for help, then why isn't that thing just...I dunno, fly away? If it's scared about the things here, and all of that.

“Let go of me!”

I heard a voice down below. I tilted my gaze downward, and saw three hairless monkeys. Two of them wore the same thing. It's probably a uniform. Huh, earlier, the roads down there were packed by those creatures. Now, it's just the three of them down there.

Anyway, those two uniformed monkeys are holding...another one of them...with less clothing.

I...don't know why...but I feel...I really feel like I know that dude. But this is the first time I saw creatures like these! So there's no way I met any of them before. And I have a good memory! Well, I forget things sometimes, but that's not important...

“Sir,” said the other, “this place is dangerous! We're just trying to send you to the police so they can send you to safety!”

“I don't need to! Let me go!”

Finally, after the familiar dude's desperation, he managed to escape his captors' hold. Sheesh, and here I thought that creatures with fingers could hold stuff better than ponies. Anyway, the familiar dude ran forward, stopped, and faced his two captors. What they hay? If you're trying to flee, run! Wait, why am I thinking like this?

“Please listen to me! I know how to stop all of this! But I need to get back to the island!”

His captors tried to catch him, but he was too quick for them. “We don't have time for this!” a uniformed monkey said to the other.

“I need to get back there!”

“This guy is a lunatic! Something must have happened to his mind when he was still in that horse body!”

I blinked. What? Horse body? Uh...no...that couldn't be...

“H-hey, wait!” the familiar dude said, but his captors already ran back towards the chaos.

I stared at him. He doesn't look familiar...but he feels very familiar... Which is...odd...

I looked back, and saw Kronz was still talking to himself, while Claire sat on the ground, sobbing for some reason. I shook my head. Whatever. I needed to be somewhere than here, and who else might be able to do just that?

I turned back and stared at the familiar dude down below. He was pacing around, maybe thinking of a plan. He even didn't mind the rain! Sheesh, I might as well snap him back to his senses.

I brought my front hooves on the frame of the window, stared down, gulped because I was feeling slightly nervous. O-okay, I'm really feeling nervous about this. What if...aw hay. I jumped.

“Look out below!!!”

Gold Blitz stopped and quickly turned his attention at me. Damn, his small eyes went wide in horror at me falling to my doom...

“Rainbow Dash!?”

Author's Note:

It has been quite a while since I wrote a first-person PoV chapter...

PreviousChapters Next