• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 - Filling Up

"A-are you sure he's okay?" Spike asked, standing nervously on the bed beside an unconscious brown earth pony lying on the very same bed.

"He's gonna be fine, Spike," Applejack replied with a frown as she looked at Ponyville through the open window of the room they were in. If she were to be honest, she didn't know if the brown earth pony's really going to be okay, but right now, that wasn't concerning her. 'Why Mac? Just...why?' She fought hard not to let a single tear run down from her eyes. She was successful, but she failed to stop herself from sniffing.

"A-Applejack?" Came Spike's concerned voice.

"Ah'm fine...!" She immediately said, keeping her back on the purple dragon. She found Apple Bloom, and to her greatest relief it was to know that she was okay. But, she also found her big brother. She was also suppose to feel at ease, now that she know that he's still breathing. 'He won't be when Ah get d' chance to see 'im again!' Applejack thought angrily as she walked out of the room, leaving the confused baby dragon and the unconscious brown earth stallion within.

Applejack came out of the barn, and ignored a few calls of the other ponies in the area as she trotted towards town with no real goals in mind. As she reached the edge of town however, she found that the ponies there were working extra hard for... "What's goin' on 'round here?" She asked to nopony in particular. She eyed a certain rainbow-maned pegasus, and started approaching her, who was looking like she was having an argument with a few bulky pegasi stallions.

"Just give me another chance!" Rainbow Dash cried. "I swear to do better this time! Just...please!" She begged, but her actions were against showing it.

Applejack stopped a respectable distance from the group of pegasi ponies before the supreme-looking one, who was standing before the cyan-coated mare, spoke. "Do not make me repeat what I've just said, Commander." He glared at the slightly trembling form of Rainbow Dash. "You have failed, and you are no longer needed."

Rainbow really looked like she had something to say, but she choked instead. Recovering after a few coughing fits, she spoke, but failing to make eye contact, "T-that's not fair!"

"Nothing's fair in this war, Commander." He turned to the other pegasi stallions and nodded. As soon as he did, the others behind him flared their wings and flew away. He returned his attention to the trembling mare. "But if you really wish to be useful once again," at that, the rainbow-maned pegasus lifted her head, and managed to make eye contact, "then stay here if you'd like." With that, he flared his wings and flew off.

Rainbow dropped her gaze on the ground and fell on her stomach. She let her hoof play on a small grass sprout, ignoring the grunts of ponies around her. "This..." she whispered, barely audible, even for her own ears, "...isn't fair..."

Applejack stopped beside the cyan mare, but wasn't sure of what to do or what to say. She wasn't really sure why Rainbow Dash was feeling so down. In fact, she'd never seen the mare so down. Though, she hasn't really been talking to other ponies, aside from her family.

"Leave me alone," Rainbow Dash said lowly as she stood back on all her four hooves. Applejack was about to say something when the pegasus suddenly and angrily kicked the ground with her hind hooves; immediately throwing herself up as she flared her wings and flapped with haste, bringing herself into speed in the air.

Applejack was left alone. Without thinking, she shook her head. Why was she trying to ease the cyan-coated pegasus anyway? More importantly, why is she here in town? She looked around and sighed after not providing herself with an answer. With her head hanging low, she trotted back to the apple orchard slowly.

---

"I see," I said lowly before taking a sip of water from the cup that Spike offered me. My pony body is still feeling quite sore from the smashing that unicorn did to me though.

"That's just what Applejack told me after she got back though," Spike said with a little shrug. "That pony's still under the weather about her brother and all..." He glared at the water in his cup. "Macintosh," he whispered icily.

Oh well... Anyway, if I wanted to get rid of the black clouds in my world, I need this pony body of mine to recover. And soon, hopefully...

---

She has heard about it, and has worked hard to achieve it, and finally, she was able to crawl out from that empire of horn-headed ponies. After making sure that nopony else noticed her outside, and after covering her tracks, the pink earth mare quickly yet quietly worked her way towards the nearby forest, where she could provide herself the protection she needed from the horn-headed ponies, if necessary.

Reaching the edge, she wasted no time to enter the forest, and started galloping towards the direction where she thought might be able to help her. For all those years, she'd wanted to go out of that damn place. However, she was losing hope each passing year, each passing month, and each passing day... But after she heard of a certain brown earth pony, who managed to escape the empire, her hope was brought back to life, and now that she was out and inside a forest, she'll stop at nothing to get to her destination.

Author's Note:

If there are misspelled words, or grammar errors, please let me know. Thanks.

PreviousChapters Next