• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 113 - Unconscious

Cadence summoned a fierce beam of mana towards Spike and the three Cutie Mark Crusaders. Despite their tired states, they were able to scatter and evade the fast stream of mana that threatened to end them.

‘She's powerful!’ Sweetie Belle said through telekinesis, as she ran alongside Scootaloo. ‘Her magic felt really really powerful!’

Cadence then charged her horn as her gaze followed Spike and Apple Bloom, who ran on the opposite direction.

‘I bet it has something to do with her being an alicorn and all...’ Scootaloo rolled her eyes as she sharply turned towards the alicorn with haste.

Cadence quickly flared her wings and gave a mighty flap that instantly sent her in the air, dodging Scootaloo's powerful slamming attack in the process. Aiming, she quickly fired a powerful beam towards the startled pegasus.

“Gah!” With exhausted concentration, Sweetie Belle managed to grab the pegasus with her magic and pulled her away from the attack mere seconds before impact.

Cadence clenched her teeth and flapped her wings, making her fly to her right to evade a green lance that flew towards her. She locked her eyes on the purple dragon and quickly tilted her angle, diving towards him.

‘We can't beat her like this...’ Spike tiredly thought, though he has no idea if his thoughts channeled towards the three young mares. He quickly created another lance as he jumped to the side to avoid Cadence's hooves. Turning, he quickly saw the alicorn flying pass the edge of the circular platform.

Cadence then made a sharp turn to return. In doing so, she managed to dodge three thin beams of mana that were fired by the white unicorn crusader. She reached the platform again, hovering meters above the floor. She flew over the baby dragon as she summoned magical aura around him, and pulled him with her. She made a full stop near the pedestal, and swayed her head viciously, throwing Spike towards the yelping unicorn mare.

Grunting, Scootaloo braced herself as she arched her full body towards the alicorn. With haste, Apple Bloom summoned all her remaining strength on her hooves as she ran and used the pegasus as a ramp. The earth pony mare kicked her hind hooves on the pegasus' shoulders, sending her flying towards the alicorn.

Quickly, Scootaloo kicked her hooves and flared her wing. She then twisted her whole body, slamming her wing on Apple Bloom's hind hooves, giving her more boost towards the alicorn.

Sensing the danger, Cadence spun, but she was too late. With a mighty shout, Apple Bloom delivered a powerful tackle on Cadence's side.

Pound. Punch. Kick. Apple Bloom managed to land powerful blows on the alicorn before she was surrounded by a magical aura.

Still hovering, Cadence, breathing sharply, summoned a powerful jolt of mana, instantly throwing the earth pony like a cannonball.

Quickly, Sweetie Belle summoned her own magic aura around her tossed friend. She gasped as she was dragged towards the edge of the platform as well. She was meters away from the edge when a green burning lance landed in front of her. She grabbed the lance to hold her steady as she pulled her friend back, but the alicorn's toss was too powerful, and she soon lost her grip on the lance. She was pulled towards the edge, and a sharp pain on her rear made her cry, which almost made her lose her magical grip on Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo had grabbed the spear as soon as she bit the unicorn's tail. She endured the pain on her mouth and neck as she tried to stop the force of the pull. Finally, after seconds of enduring the pain, her head went down, following the unicorn and the earth pony. Grunting, she began to pull them back to the platform.

While the Cutie Mark Crusaders were busy saving each other on the edge of the platform, Spike was dealing with Cadence, throwing smaller spears and evading her powerful beams of mana. He continued doing this until he saw Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle finally managed to pull Apple Bloom back on the platform. However, that little distraction was enough for Cadence to surround the dragon with her magic.

Lifting him up, Cadence immediately slammed Spike back down on the platform, immediately extracting the air in his lungs as he fell unconscious. She flapped her wings, allowing her to hover higher to dodge a thin jolt of electricity.

“This ends now!” the alicorn said with a mighty shout as her horn glowed fiercely. She fired a powerful beam of mana towards her right, and then turned her head to her left, creating a powerful exploding sweep that the three mares were unable to evade the attack.

Smoke and dust filled the battlefield as the alicorn flapped gently as she hovered lower and lower beside the pedestal. Finally, she landed on the ground. She winced as her hooves shot powerful waves of pain.

The alicorn took deep breaths to calm herself down. She could no longer sense the four's consciousness. As the smoke and dust started to fade, the alicorn sighed. Did she really jumped to conclusions? She might have been, but she knew what she has heard. First was that the purple dragon had clearly mentioned that Sombra was in another dimension, and then they planned to send the crystal heart there. For whatever reason, she didn't know, however, it was clear that the heart could easily fall to the dark equine. Only she and the crystal ponies are able to use the heart properly.

As the smoke and dust finally cleared, she saw before her the three unconscious mares. Turning, she saw the purple dragon, also unconscious. Turning once again, she was now staring directly at the lifeless crystal heart. She was about to take a step towards the pedestal when her vision dimmed. Blinking, she looked around, and noticed that everything dimmed.

She then sensed the large heart-shaped magic hovering above the castle was fading. The heart's large amounts of pure magic was decreasing in a rapid rate. It only took seconds before the energy finally vanished. The snowy clouds then took it's place.

Sighing, Cadence summoned mana on her horn, making it glow in the process. She then approached the pedestal as her eyes were locked on the faintly-glowing crystal heart. She stood inches away from the pedestal as she channeled her magical energy towards the heart.

After a few minutes, the heart finally managed to lift itself, flowing and spinning slowly on top of the pedestal. Smiling, Cadence then grabbed a hold of the crystal heart with her magic.

She pulled it towards her. However, as soon as the heart left the pedestal, the entire platform shook, startling the alicorn in the process. Then, as quick as the shaking started, large chunks of tall and black crystals began to encase the pedestal, along with the alicorn.

Gasping, Cadence quickly spun to flee, however, a sharp black crystal grew under her hoof, sending jolts of pain to her brain. She yelped and lost her magical grip on the heart, that managed to roll away from her and managed to roll in between large black crystals.

As the tremors stopped, the crystal heart still kept on rolling, until a purple scaly tail blocked it's path. Finally, the crystal heart then fell on top of the tail, owned by an unconscious purple dragon.

PreviousChapters Next