• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53 - The Video Blog

The box-like machineries were having blinking lights, screens of data, levers, buttons, wires, beeping noises, printed papers, and whatevers. And all of these machinery were under a huge tent-like umbrella, that was standing strong against the strong wind currents here.

My brother was busy with his laptop and as well as observing the machines. He said something about the people here must've been really trying to control the phenomenon, or maybe they were focused on closing the dimensional hole that appeared here. Although he also doubt his own conclusion. He also said that maybe the guys here were trying to control the hole so they could get through the other world? He wasn't sure, but he wanted to include that in his research.

Claire was checking the corpses around. I questioned her about it, but she gave me an offended reply that she took a year and a half in nursing before she could no longer continue her studies. I don't know much about her though, so I couldn't be really sure. Maybe she's working to save enough money to continue her course? Anyway, she asked me to help her gather and pile the dead bodies. Eew... Never in my life have I touched a dead human body...

Aside from me trying my best to control is disgusting feeling of pulling dead bodies, I am hoping not to be included with the dead, since this headache is really really really painful and is killing my mood. I have snarled at Claire and Kronz for more than three times now. I did apologize, and I hope they understood my situation. I don't really understand why I am having this headache in the first place.

Maybe it has something to do with that dimensional hole-thing? This headache did start when we got close to it. Maybe if I go back, this headache will disappear?

I finished piling the dead bodies. There were five of them, and all were wearing the same white lab-like uniforms, except for the three others who were also wearing raincoats... They're probably scientists. Claire checked them, and told me that they received severe scratches and bites that caused their deaths. Gee, if I'm blind, that would have been very informative, but since I'm not, I thanked Captain Obvious. She glared at me for a short while before informing us that they just died recently. Huh, so the timberwolf just arrived?

Claire stood up and started looking at the contraptions that surrounded us. I wonder if these machines are water-proof. Anyway, she bent down and picked up a fallen video camera.

"It's still playing," she said, catching me and my brother's attention. Oh, this'll be interesting.

---

"Log number eight," said a voice as the scene was in a backseat of a car. The two people in the front seats were white-uniformed men. "We have now pinpointed the source of the strange magnetic field that has occurred. We are now on our way to the mountain called Mount Comet, but as you can see," the scene was moved near the window, were vehicles were on a stand-still, "we are caught in traffic." From the scene, there was a guy that moved out of the bus and took his cellphone. "Huh, that guy must be recording that strange storm. Oh yes," the scene was moved to the mountains, where a black blanket of clouds was rolling. "That storm is somehow connected to the strange magnetic field that we have discovered. It'll be interesting to learn more of this phenomenon."

---

"That was you?" Claire asked, ignoring the voice from the recorder. I replied with a simple shrug.

"Let's skip it," my bro suggested. "Jay's not really photogenic, anyway. I might puke..."

"Har har..." I replied lamely as I continued rubbing my aching head.

---

"Log number nine," the guy holding the camera opened the car's door, and went out. "The current time is eleven thirty-four in the morning," but the scene was like it was already evening. There were cars around, and people started going out and lighting their flashlights. The guy tilted the camera up, where the tall mountain and the black clouds came into focus. "Our analysis shows that the source is on top."

---

The scene was now focused on the dimensional hole. "Log number ten, here we are now... Wow... Just...wow... I mean, just look at it!"

The hole was almost invisible, for it was darker than the dark clouds rolling above.

"Huh, okay, it's barely visible through the lens, but you can clearly see it with your own eye---"

"Hey professor!" a new voice called. The scene turned and focused on a young female scientist, who was carrying a metal box. Other scientists were also in the nearby area, busy with the box-like machinery. "Help us out here, will you?"

"I am!" the male voice sounded bright, happy, and excited, which was completely contrasting the frown of the female scientist. "I am recording this very historical phenomenon in science history! And we are a part of it!"

"Give us all a hand or I'll tear you apart myself!"

The male voice sighed. "How could you not see the importance of sharing this discovery to the world!?"

"The only thing I see here is that everyone else here are busy setting things up while you're talking to your lovely camera."

---

The scene was now focused on the dimensional hole. "Log number ten...again. Anyway," a bolt of lightning came out from the hole, and almost hitting the camera, and an explosion sound erupted. "Whoa--!"

"Professor!"

"I'm okay!" he turned and now the scene was focused back on the set of machines. He hurriedly walked towards the other scientists, who were all looking at him with terrified expressions. "I'm okay," he repeated.

"Don't kill yourself yet, prof," a male voice said. The scene was moved and now focused on a black-suited middle-aged man. "We wouldn't want any of you to die just yet. No, not without gathering enough information of..." the black-suited man turned his head at the hole. "...that thing." He then looked back at the one who was holding the camera. "Professor, I suggest you do more research than what you were doing earlier, and now."

"I am logging the events of our research, sir, so we could share this disc---"

"No one should know any of this," he cut him off, with a cold glare. He didn't add anything else as he turned and walked back inside the mouth of the cave.

---

Claire, who was holding the camera, dropped both her hands and left her mouth hanging open. "T-that was..." she spoke through trembling lips, "...t-that was..."

A quiet yet fierce growl echoed from the cave. We looked at the dark cave, and saw a pair of yellow glowing eyes. Two more pairs of eyes appeared from the darkness, making both Claire and Kronz take a fearful step back.

Okay, so where the heck do those timberwolves come from, anyway?

A vicious growl echoed, and soon, the three timberwolves jumped out of the cave and quickly came rushing towards us.

PreviousChapters Next