• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - Dream Message

I admit: watching the new episodes really...made me feel happy inside, and I can't really explain why. Meh, must be my broniness squealing with joy inside of me. Lighting Dust is a good antagonist. Heh, I wonder if there will be fanfics about her when I'll visit FIMFiction sooner or later. Aw well.

I went to the kitchen to prepare lunch, or dinner, whatever we call it at this hour, while Claire and Kronz were in the living room, talking about ponies. I rolled my eyes at that with a smirk. Heh. While I'm waiting for the fish to be fried, I began setting up the table. I texted my younger brother half an hour ago if he's joining us for lunch, but I am yet to receive a reply from him... I took a breath and exhaled through my nostrils. I still don't get why my younger brother became like that... He used to be so darn jolly and friendly and good with his family...

My family isn't really perfect, and I have seen this family struggle in my years. My mom always wants to go around places, and that is why she isn't here at the moment, or maybe she's just at work. My dad...my dad... My dad almost ruined this family, because he... I think I need to flip the fish now...

---

We ate peacefully, exchanging a few words here and there, mostly related to ponies. But as we were about to finish eating, the conversation went about the weird storm. Speaking of which, it was raining so darn hard now.

It was just only the three of us here... As I collected the plates and brought it to the sink, I saw Claire cleaning the table. I asked her to stop, but she insisted: stating that it was the least she could do. I rolled my eyes as I started washing the dishes. I don't know, but being the eldest, I feel like it's my responsibility to do everything around here. Seeing Claire cleaning the table made me feel like I've lost a few of my purpose here inside the house.

I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I continued washing the dishes until I felt my phone vibrating. I wiped my hands dry and took my phone. I got a new message. I was about to open it when I suddenly stopped. What if it's another blank message? From Equestria? I don't want to go there again. I'm home now, but the last time I ignored the message, I was still sent back, and that was while I was in the bus.

I sighed as I opened the text message, but to my relief, it was from my mom. She won't be able to get back home, not with this strong downpour. My mom works inside a factory where she weaves baskets. The factory's located in the edge of town, quite far from home though. I replied with a simply 'ok', and I continued washing the dishes.

A very very loud and earth-shaking boom of thunder roared from the heavens, and instantly, the power was out. Great... Wiping my hands dry again, I took my phone and enabled it's flashlight feature, and then I went back on washing the dishes.

---

I am seated on the sofa in the living room. Sitting in a comfortable position, I closed my eyes and let out a relieved sigh. Claire and Kronz were busy browsing whatever with my bro's laptop, so they left me all alone, which is perfectly fine for me. Oh, how I missed sitting very comfortably here on our sofa.

I didn't care about the heavy sounds of rain outside, or the thunder roars, or the loud hisses of the wind, or the gentle flows of the flowers, the soft breeze of the wind...wait, what?

I opened my eyes instantly, and I found myself seated on a hill full of flowers. Gasping, I turned and saw Luna, staring blankly at me. "No," I said in panic, bringing my ho---hand? I stared at my own two hands, confused.

"Thou would clearly see the effects in thou world as well..." Luna spoke ever so lamely... I blinked in confusion, making the lunar princess sigh as she gently shook her head. "Thou would have noticed the clouds, yes?" I nodded slowly. "Tell us thy observation then..."

I rubbed my head, easing this confusion, but whatever I may try to do, I can only come up with one conclusion... "Those clouds are from your world, huh?"

Luna slowly nodded. "Indeed they are, but what have caused it to reach to thy world," she shook her head, "we have no clue."

"So..." I spoke, "why are you telling me this?"

"Me thinks that you may be the key to bring forth harmony back -- if not in both our worlds -- then at least one."

I opened my mouth to say something, but instead, I let out a sigh. "Look, Luna," I spoke, avoiding her gaze, "what could," I turned to look at her, "a human -- or an earth pony -- do?"

Luna shook her head. "That, I do not know." She looked and stared at the vast flowery hills. "But, me thinks that there must be some sort of reason of why you are able to connect to our world."

I am fighting the urge to tell her that her world was just a made-up cartoon, but I don't think that's a good idea at the moment. But really though, what can I possibly do? I have no wings, and I have no magic powers, and I am through telling this to myself a few...hours ago. And I'm tired of going back and forth in two different dimensions or worlds or whatever. And what is more: why me? Why only me? Of all humans...why me? I turned to the princess, and going to ask her of all those questions in my head, but she was no longer there. Blinking, I looked around, and the flowery hills were quickly being consumed by the darkness. This ain't looking good. I was about to run when I couldn't move my own feet. I looked down, and saw the shadowy-rope-thingies wrapped around both my two feet. I gasped as the shadowy-strings climbed up towards me with haste. I closed my eyes in defeat, but, I found them open instead, and I am staring at Kronz's and Claire's confused looks.

I took few quick breaths to calm myself down, and once I achieved that, I leaned back, and focused my eyes on the screen of my brother's laptop, since it was turned to me. "Big bro," Kronz's voice broke through the stillness of the room as I couldn't believe what his laptop was showing me, "I think you need to explain this..."

His laptop was showing a full-screen image of me and Luna on the flowery hills. It flickered once, twice, until the image crashed and closed.

PreviousChapters Next