• Published 8th Dec 2023
  • 3,045 Views, 109 Comments

Snap To It - David Silver



Celestia awakens in a strange new place, her back aching with throbbing pain. The diagrams on the wall look like spines, but not pony ones. Was that a place to find help, or was something far more worrying afoot?

  • ...
13
 109
 3,045

Epilogue

The slender unicorn stallion nodded to Celestia. "I have some questions."

"I imagined you would." Celestia brought her hooves together. "Please, I owe you at least that much. Begin when you are ready."

The unicorn was quiet a moment, right ear twitching. "Let me begin with asking what you knew ahead of time?"

"I knew what a human was when I first met you." She leaned in with a gentle smile. "It's why I was so calm about it. You were a skilled touch, beside that."

Samson rubbed a cheek with the flat of a hoof. "And you didn't tell me, why?"

"But I did." She pointed at Samson. "You decided to stay, and I welcome you. The ponies of Equestria are glad to have you, as a pony, and a doctor."

"Well, yes. But I might have changed my mind, knowing." He waved a hoof about vaguely. "Or do you not have a choice? Is it only Equestria that decides this?"

Celestia inclined her head as she sat back. "You made the choice. And I didn't want to put any pressure. You were warned with plenty of time. You could have walked away. I would have been sad, but that would have been that." Her horn glowed as she ruffled Samson's mane. "But you decided to stay."

He laughed at the fussing, leaning into her magical touch. "Yes, I did. I like it here, I like Equestria. I'm a pony."

"And you are welcome to continue calling this your home." She turned a hoof around, flatside up. "It is an unfortunate habit of cross-dimensional travel. Ask Twilight, a student and other princess. She transformed the moment she stepped into another world. It was only through some work, and magic, that we kept you whole for as long as we did."

"That reminds me!" He swung a hoof as if snapping fingers, but he didn't have those anymore. "Lyra said she'd make a fix. Any idea what happened to that? She stopped coming by."

Celestia shook her head. "No. She's busy elsewhere, and I am grateful for her help." She swept a wing wide. "And I am pleased you have enjoyed the benefits of this world." She curled that wing at Samson's head and his new horn. "Speaking of that, the odds of you becoming a unicorn were small. I have a feeling Lyra may have come through in at least one way."

Samson looked up at the horn on the upper edge of his vision. "I'm glad for that, whether she was responsible or not." He lifted a hoof at Celestia. "I'd rather my fingers, truth told, but unicorn magic is a second, at least." He swished his tail thoughtfully. "I miss a lot of things. My sense of smell seems to have improved in some ways. Taste has gotten a little more limited." He sat up, tossing his head. "But I have a tail. And I have friends."

"I'm sorry you didn't keep your fingers." Celestia sank to her belly, then rolled away from him. "I have a selfish request, Doctor. I haven't received an adjustment in quite some time."

Samson nodded and got up onto his hooves, shaking his head out and approaching the alicorn. "Princess Celestia needs an adjustment." He made sure the door was closed, and he checked it for security. "It's been a while since I saw you in my office." He proved his horn's magic was capable of reaching, poking, and twisting just as well as his old fingers had been. The curious part was that he closed his eyes during it, thoughts turned entirely to the act of the work he was doing.

Celestia giggled and squirmed with delight. "Still very good at this. Thank you."

Samson leaned on her side, staring into her eyes. "So, is that it, Princess?"

She pressed a hoof against his snout. "If another pony saw you being this familiar, they'd die of shock." She pushed him back to his own hooves. "But that will do. Mmm, very nice. If you need anything else, I am a letter away, if you can't make the time to come to the castle." She leaned forward, placing a kiss on Samson's forehead. "We'll speak again soon."

Samson nodded with a smile. "You are a lot easier to get along with compared to my old government." He trotted past her towards the door. "She's all done," he called to the guards waiting just beyond the door.

He left the castle and rejoined his new life, curious as it was. "Any new clients, Gabby?"

"Bon Bon at 4pm!" Gabby reached out, ruffling Samson on the way past. "I'm so glad you decided to stay. Means I keep my job, and I like having you around."

Samson rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." He chuckled as he returned to his own office, waving to a few ponies he recognized as he passed. "Welcome home, Samson," he muttered to himself. It only clicked a moment later. "Bon Bon?" Perhaps he'd find out what happened with Lyra? He sat with a nod, looking forward to that appointment. "I'd better snap to it."

Author's Note:

By popular demand, a choice is made, and an epilogue has occurred. I hope this pleases!

Comments ( 9 )

a awesome story ending.

Huh. Guess I was wrong.

I figured this would be the ending, but I think a chapter before the epilogue with Samson and Celestia discussing his staying or going would've been cool, with her revealing all she had known about humans.

11881246
That would render many of her words incorrect, wouldn't it?

Morphy #5 · 1 week ago · · ·

I'd think Lyra might be a little sad to "lose" her human but magic can be quite the biggest cheater in the history of cheating as far as focused, precision physical manipulation goes. Heck, he can probably give Rarity a run for her bits with fine telekinetic control. The closing of his eyes also leads me to believe he's using his aura to see into the patient like a 3D MRI-- trying to view two things in the same location would be confusing at best so cutting off the ocular image lets him focus better (he's not quite good enough at that level of augmented reality yet, heh).

With this ending it opens up an opportunity for another slice of life sequel.

Seems there is still something left to say for this

I thought this was a one shot :applejackconfused:

Got curious why it appeared on the popular list again (not featured).

"That reminds me!" He swung a hoof as if snapping fingers, but he didn't have those anymore. "Lyra said she'd make a fix. Any idea what happened to that? She stopped coming by."

Celestia shook her head. "No. She's busy elsewhere, and I am grateful for her help."

I get the feeling that for whatever reason, Celestia forced Lyra to stop whatever she was doing.

Login or register to comment