• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,935 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,935

PreviousChapters
Arc 18-14(Finale): Friendship is Magic

Final Part: Friendship is Magic

It was a warm night in the city of Canterlot. In the high parts of the castle within Wanda and Sunset’s room, we see Wanda and Sunset gathered on their bed alongside Abigail Albright and Spike the baby dragon. Alongside the four were Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow, Spitfire, Prince Hoofar, Prince Blueblood, Princess Skystar, Baby Silverstream and Baby Ocellus enjoying the night away as they all had slices of pineapple and spiced oat pizza with root beer and cake.

“So then I said to him,” Trixie said. “That’s not my rabbit you’re touching. That’s my butt.”

“Trixie,” Twilight laughed. “When it comes to jokes, you take them to a new level.”

“Well what did you expect from the Great and Powerful Trixie,” Trixie said as he stood up and waved her cape in the air.

“Sounds more like dirty and foul-mouthed Trixie,” Prince Hoofar joked, causing Trixie to glare at him.

“So this is what you all consider fun?” Prince Blueblood asked.

“Yeah,” Starlight replied. “It’s all about having a good time together, just kicking back and enjoying fun with friends.”

“Just out of curiosity,” Rarity asked. “What did you do when it came to parties?”

Prince Blueblood turned his head and said “Well if anything, they’re not as exciting as what you all go through.”

“Then tell you what,” Rarity asked as she reached her hoof out. “How about we just become friends?”

Prince Blueblood let out a single breath and placed his hoof on Rarity’s and said “Friends indeed.”

As Sunburst watched Rarity and Prince Blueblood hold hooves together, he is tackled by Starlight’s hug. The unicorn colt struggled to break free.

“Starlight,” Sunburst yelled. “You’re cutting off my oxygen supply.”

“But I wuv to be around you, Bursty,” Starlight said, causing everyone around to laugh hard.

“Well you know what they say,” Danged Spell said. “When it comes to all of us, and the Magic of Friendship with this New Generation, we sure enjoy the Pony Life. GET IT?”

“Danged Spell,” everyone else yelled before they burst out laughing.

Applejack took a swig of Root Beer as Baby Apple Bloom crawled out from under the bed and towards her big sister. Applejack picked her up and cradled her in her arms.

“You know what’s the best thing about being around friends?” Applejack said as Apple Bloom giggled in her sister’s arms.

“What’s that?” Wanda asked.

“It’s about having the best time of your life together,” Applejack replied. “Be with those you can relate to, or those who are your relatives. I believe Wanda and Sunset said it best when they said ‘As a family, we are one together.’ It means we are stronger both in group and in heart. When you have others who support you while you repay the favor. That’s what makes us one.”

“That makes a lot of sense,” Sunset said. “I mean, without Wanda, mother and the rest of you, I would have remained either an orphan, or worse.”

Wanda looked around the room as her excitement turned to worry. She noticed Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo climbing on the bed and crawling up to her side. Wanda reached out and petted both baby fillies on the head.

"Wanda?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Are you alright?"

"Well that's just that." Wanda said. "Come tomorrow, most of you will be gone. You and your friends will return to La Maresa, Spitfire will help train Rainbow Dash at the new Wonderbolt Academy, Ocellus is going to live with Skystar, Silverstream and Aunt Novo on Mount Aris, Prince Blueblood has to return to Manehattan, Prince Hoofar will head back to Saddle Arabia, and Golden Lace, you're also bound for La Maresa as well."

"That's right," Golden Lace said as she looked down at the floor. "And I am going to miss the rest of the School for Gifted Unicorns co-students."

"We're going to miss you as well," Moondancer said as she put her hoof on Lace's face. "Not long ago you were a big bully. And now, you've changed for the better even in spite of what your mother did."

"But one thing is clear," Fluttershy said. "We are going to help look after you alongside your uncle and aunt. After all, Friendship is Magic and you deserve a piece of that magic."

"Thanks Fluttershy," Golden Lace said. "If anything, I am now looking forward to living in La Maresa."

"But what about your pal Cozy Glow?" Rainbow Dash asked as she pointed to Cozy Glow, who looked like she was about to cry.

"Oh yeah," Golden Lace said as she got up and walked over to Cozy Glow. "Your mother is the Alicorn Magistrate Creme Dream and she has control over you. It doesn't look like you can join me in La Maresa."

"I know," Cozy Glow said. "Once you are gone, I will have to put up with her and my mean sister Majesty."

"I've heard of her," Ditzy Doo said. "And if she is anything to go by, she's a bigger meanie even compared to Gold Banks."

"Tell you what," Golden Lace said. "I'll write to you every week to tell you how life is in La Maresa."

"And we can hold it for you until we can deliver it," Sunset said. "In fact, we can make copies of the letter in case your mother decides to rip them up."

"You really mean it?" Cozy Glow asked.

“Of course,” Golden Lace said as she gave Cozy Glow a hug. “After all, that’s what friends are truly for.”

Cozy Glow said nothing as she wrapped her arms around Golden Lace. Unbeknownst to them both, Baby Diamond Tiara crawled up to the two, making a meek sound to attract them both.

“Oh right,” Cozy Glow said as she picked up the baby filly and held her in her arms. “Didn’t want to forget about you. Now do yourself a favor and don’t get into trouble. You hear me?”

Baby Diamond Tiara nodded as she reached out and gave Cozy Glow a hug. Golden Lace looked at them both and laughed.

Wanda turned her head towards Ocellus and asked “So I heard you’re going to live in Mount Aris from here on out.”

“That’s right,” Baby Ocellus said. “Queen Novo has allowed me and my family to live there as asylum seekers. That means we’ll be safe from Queen Chrysalis and from the slavers that took them away.”

“The idea that slavers exist in Equestria is just appalling,” Skystar said as Silverstream rests on her shoulder. “I mean, why does slavery even exist here when Princess Celestia outright banned it?”

“That’s a really good question,” Sunset Shimmer pondered. “When I asked mother about that, even she was shocked by the presence of slave labor. Honestly, even just thinking about it just gives me a headache.”

“But what matters is that you’ll get to be happy and safe on Mount Aris,” Wanda said. “And that’s what matters to you, right?”

“That is right,” Baby Ocellus said. “And that’s what I want, real happiness.”

“Maybe we can come over to visit one day,” Sunset Shimmer said.”

“And they we can all go for a swim in the ocean of Seaquestria and even enjoy some fish,” Princess Skystar said.

“Wait,” Sunset said with a shocked look on her face. “Eat….fish? Like in a living being?”

“Ohhhh just you wait until you come back,” Princess Skystar said. “You are going to enjoy it.”

“Come to think of it,” Pinkie Pie said. “I’ve eaten fish before and it was delicious.”

Sunset looked at Pinkie Pie and said “Pinkie, you scare me sometimes.” Pinkie said nothing, but laughed really loud.

“Well on the flip side,” Rainbow Dash said. “It’s good that there will be a Wonderbolts training academy above the skies of La Maresa. It means I can train to be the next Wonderbolt all while hanging out with you guys.”

“That may be true,” Spitfire said. “But like what Captain Airazor said: She’s going to put you through some tough trials so you’ll have what it takes to be a real Wonderbolt. And I’ve got to start catching up as a Wonderbolt to make sure you become a full fledged air flyer.”

“Oh you’ll bet,” Rainbow Dash said. “Let’s make this the best tour ever.”

“Indeed,” Spitfire said as she and Rainbow Dash held hooves together in a muscle flex.

“That reminds me,” Ditzy Doo asked. “Why is she called Captain Airrazor when she’s actually a Commander?”

Spitfire turned to Ditzy Doo and said “Oh that’s easy. She likes the name Captain over Commander. Gives her more of a sense of duty and adventure.”

“That actually makes a lot of sense,” Fluttershy said. “Sometimes you like that title over a more advanced title that you seem too powerful to be called Commander. Captain sounds more like a humble name.”

“It may be, and Airazor is one humble Captain,” Spitfire said. “But when it comes to Wonderbolt training, she holds nothing back.”

The younglings laughed out loud as they continued to eat pizza and cake and drink root beer.

“You know,” Twilight said. “When we do meet again, I want to make sure we get a chance to hang out like we are now.” She turned to Spike, rubbed his cheek and said “Isn’t that right, little Spike.”

Baby Spike giggled as he yelled out “Twilight,” catching most of the younglings off guard.

“Twilight,” Rarity said. “I didn’t know Spiky-Wikey could talk.”

“Well he does now,” Twilight said.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of someone saying “Wanda.” The group turned to Wanda Young, who was rubbing Abigail on the back of her neck.

“Did I hear little Abigail talk?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Uhh no,” Wanda said with an embarrassing tone. “You uhhh, didn’t hear Abigail spea….”

But before Wanda could finish speaking, Abigail got on her two legs and said “Wanda.” The other younglings were in total shock.

“Woah,” Rainbow Dash said. “Spike and Abigail know how to talk? This is so…AWESOME!”

Rainbow Dash flew into the top of the room and cheered really loud before she flew back down, where everyone looked at her oddly.

“Well now my little Abby speaking her first word is not as strange as what I saw,” Wanda said with a chuckle.

“Well that reminds me,” Rarity said before she jumped behind the bed and went through a suitcase.

“What exactly is she doing?” Cozy Glow asked.

“Shhh,” Prince Blueblood said. “It’s a surprise.”

Rarity emerged from the suitcase, wearing a dark black and green dress with a gorgeous hat

“For some reason,” Rarity said. “Queen Chrysalis’ color scheme just gave me inspiration for my new design, despite loathing the color green for a dress. What do you all think?”

As most of the younglings looked in awe, Danged Spell looked like he was on the verge of laughing.

“Now you really look like a sourpuss,” Danged Spell said before he covered his mouth in embarrassment.

“WHAT?” Rarity yelled as she began to steam up and her face went all red.

“OH HORSE APPLES!” Danged Spell yelled as he ran out the room.

Rarity chased Danged Spell out of the room in a fit of anger. The moment both colt and filly were out, everyone could hear the sound of Danged Spell screaming in pain, followed by various clashes and clangs with objects flying around in the hall. When the dust cleared, Danged Spell goes flying into the room and slammed right into the nearby wall, sliding down next to Cozy Glow and Golden Lace.

“Oww,” Danged Spell groaned. “When it comes to making comments, no one’s going to look this gifted horse in the mouth.”

Everyone laughed as Rarity walked back into the room, chuckling alongside her friends. Wanda placed her arm around Sunset Shimmer and giggled with her.

“We may be adopted sisters,” Sunset said. “But deep on the inside, we’re the best with friends.”

“You said it,” Wanda said. “I hope we stay together till the very end.”

Outside, as the younglings were having a blast in Wanda and Sunset’s room, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Chancellor Cinch, Captain Airazor, Buck Withers, Bright Mac, Queen Novo and King Myrrh observed from a nearby cliff. Though most of them looked happy and content, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Chancellor Cinch looked worried.

“Still can’t believe we’ve been through a whole lot in a few months,” Bright Mac said. “Especially with what happened in La Maresa, with Wanda being hospitalized for the Horse Fever virus, and with the Gala.”

“And not to mention the Fall Formal Festival,” Buck Withers said. “Time can past faster than any of us can realize.”

“Not to mention how I helped Golden Lace see the better in other ponies,” Queen Novo said. “It’s a shame that her folks aren’t seeing eye to eye.”

“And now,” Shining Armor said. “Little Twili’s a hero in the eyes of all of Equestria. It’s an accomplishment that I’m proud of as her big brother.”

Princess Cadance turned towards Princess Celestia, who unlike most of the group, looked depressed.

“Mother,” Princess Cadance asked. “Are you alright?”

“No,” Princess Celestia said. “I came close to dying early today because I underestimated Queen Chrysalis. And had I lost my life, Wanda and Sunset, and even you, would have suffered emotionally. Some mother I turned out to be.”

“That’s not true,” Chancellor Cinch said. “Even if you did die, Princess Luna and I will always look out for the Man’s Cub and her sister. You have my word.”

“That’s not why we’re worried,” Princess Luna said. “Because of the attack on Canterlot, it feels like we have no place for Wanda to feel safe, even though she has that comfort of being in her castle with her friends. I don’t know where she can truly be.”

“That’s why I’m more worried about Wanda’s well-being,” Princess Celestia said. “She’s no longer safe in Canterlot, not even in the castle. If we can’t keep her safe here, then where can we keep her safe? They will keep coming for her until they take her away and use her to end us all.”

“No choice is easy, Princess,” King Myrrh said. “But at the same time, you must not let fear guide you. You care for your daughters like I care for my son. Even when I lost my beloved, I never gave up on Prince Hoofar. I raised him to be as proud and humble towards my people as he is towards Wanda’s friends.”

“Are you sure, King Myrrh?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Yes,” King Myrrh said as he pointed to Celestia’s chest. “The true value of a parent lies more within his or her heart. You already know how to take care of Wanda and Sunset, like you have with Princess Cadance. Do not forget that.”

“He’s right, Princess,” Queen Novo said. “No matter the danger that you’re in, never lose sight of who you are. After all, you are a dedicated mother towards the smallfry and her sister, and they care for you as you care for them. The moment you stop being a caring mother is the moment you open the doors to a cold and bitter Equestria.”

Celestia’s frown cracked a bit of a smile. She wiped a tear from her eyes and said “I’ll do what I can to keep Wanda and Sunset safe. Even if it does cost me my life, I will do it.”

“That’s the spirit,” Bright Mac said. “And if you need any help, Buttercup and I will look after them for a bit.”

“I appreciate your hospitality,” Princess Celestia said. “But as a mother, I can handle this.”

“And sister,” Princess Luna said. “If you can’t raise your children, I’ll be there to look after them. I’ve been helping you since I saved you from that monstrosity that took you over. And I will continue to help you until our dying breath.”

“Luna, I don’t know where I would be without you,” Princess Celestia said. “Thanks for sticking by me for the past thousand years.”

“On the flip side, “Captain Airazor said. “If you need your daughter to toughen up, I would be willing to train her to be the first human Wonderbolt. What do you say?”

“That does sound like a good idea,” Princess Celestia said. “But, let’s say Wanda’s not interested in being a Wonderbolt. Still, I’ll keep that idea in mind.”

“Noted,” Airazor said with a nod.”

“And I promise this,” Buck Wither said. “When I come back from the next adventure, I will tell the tales to little Wanda and her friends to keep her spirits high. As an adventurer, that is my promise.”

“Well Mr Adventurer,” Princess Celestia said. “I’m looking forward to your next tale.”

“We’ve all had a long journey,” Chancellor Cinch said. “But we’ve barely scratched the surface since Princess Wanda was enrolled in the School for Gifted Unicorns as the first human student. We must be prepared for whatever will come in our path, no matter what.”

“That includes Alicorn Magistrate Creme Dream,” Princess Cadance asked.

“Unfortunately, yes,” Shining Armor said. “I’ve seen her before. An alicorn like Celestia, Luna and you. But much scarier, like she’s a piece of candy from a nightmare.”

Everyone laughed a bit as Princess Cadance reached up and gave Shining Armor a noogie.

“You call that a nightmare?” Princess Cadance joked as she playfully messed up Shining Armor’s mane. “Here’s a nightmare for you, Shining Armor.”

“Now now, Cadence,” Princess Celestia joked. “A real nightmare is one who will mess up your room and tip over your chocolate milk.”

Everyone laughed into the night as they continued to watch over Wanda and Sunset’s room from afar.

But somewhere else outside the city limits, an Alicorn with a light blue coat, a pinkish mane with white swirls and a royal-like scepter cutie mark looked down towards the city. Next to her was an alicorn filly with a white coat, a blue mane and a flower pattern cutie mark.

“Look at the city, my daughter Majesty,” The older alicorn said. “Do you see what I see?”

“Oh yes I do,” little Majesty said. “A city that is no longer safe for any pony, mother Creme Dream.”

Creme Dream chuckled and said “That is right, Majesty. But little do they know that it was I who allowed the changelings and the cultists to sneak into the city. A shame that their operations were ruined by the King of Saddle Arabia. But perhaps this will convince Equestrians to live in fear of these two. And besides, Senator Twinkle Wish has outlived her usefulness.”

“So what else are we going to do, mother?” Majesty asked.

“There is so much we will do, my daughter,” Creme Dream said. “We plan on working with my apprentice Gold Banks to scare Equestria into a state of panic and fear unlike anything they’ve ever seen before. Furthermore, the Windigo’s Guild and the Changelings led by Coldnelius Snap and Queen Chrysalis were useful as our pawns, and they could be useful again.”

“And what about our rebellious sister Cozy Glow?” Majesty asked.

“Oh we will deal with that little alicorn rebel,” Creme Dream said. “She had the nerve to hide her horn from her so-called friends. In fact, why don’t we mess with her new friend Golden Lace and have her transferred to the Daisy Joy Tech academy in Manehattan instead.”

“Oh that will be so sweet,” Majesty said with a vicious, yet happy, tone.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Chancellor Cinch still have their usefulness to us, especially for the former since a thousand years ago,” Creme Dream said. “But when the day comes, they will be overthrown, our new government will be installed, and I will rule as Empress. As for the Man’s Cub Wanda, I believe ether a labor camp in the badlands or a cell in Tatarus will be a new home for the little brat.”

Majesty laughed loudly into the night sky as the moon with a demonic-like Pony of Shadows stood visible on its surface.

End of Life in Canterlot

Coming Soon: Trials of Friendship

Author's Note:

With this, One as a Family: Life in Canterlot comes to a close.

When I started writing this fanfic, I wanted to do a tale about a little girl with her own magic growing up in Canterlot as Celestia's adopted daughter. There were some stories I wanted to tell about Wanda. But I think I have some ideas to do with the sequel fanfic "Trials of Friendship."

Judging by the ending, Wanda's troubles have just begun. I intend on putting her through a harsher sequel, along with her friends both in Canterlot and beyond. Not only does she have the Windigo's Guild and the Changeling hive to worry about, but also an enemy within: Magistrate Creme Dream, her daughter Majesty and even Gold Banks.

What did you like about this fanfic? What did you dislike? Reply below, and stay tuned this summer for the sequel fanfic "Trials of Friendship." In the meantime, I have another fanfic to finish up before I begin work on Trials of Friendship.

Note: Unlike with Life in Canterlot, you will see the parts more spread out in Trials of Friendship.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 9 )

11218470
Their will be a sequel to this right?

11303316
There will. It will be called "Trials of Friendship."

“Well you know what they say,” Danged Spell said. “When it comes to all of us, and the Magic of Friendship with this New Generation, we sure enjoy the Pony Life. GET IT?”

:facehoof:

Why is Life in Canterlot have quotation marks around it?

11428576
It's the name of the first Saga. Same with Trials of Friendship(The current Saga I'm working on)

How many slice of life segments will this story have and how long will they be?

11518759
I'd say alot. But that may be an understatement.

I really want to push this Alternate Universe for those who are nostalgic for Generation 4 Ponies, but with different takes on the characters(Like Sunset Shimmer never became evil, or Princess Luna has yet to be Nightmare Moon).

Furthermore, I'm also willing to adapt in Generation 5 characters(Argyle Starshine was the first to be added), Equestria Girls characters(The Dazzlings), and even other Hasbro franchises(Inferno, Quickstrike, Waspinator and Airazor are all adapted from Beast Wars: Transformers)

Spitfire turned to Ditzy Doo and said “Oh that’s easy. She likes the name Captain over Commander. Gives her more of a sense of duty and adventure.”

Never let them take that rank
...or whatever the quote was for Star trek

Login or register to comment