• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,932 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,932

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 18(Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling Invasion)-1: Invasion and Consequences

The Final Arc: Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling Invasion

Invasion and Consequences

Queen Chrysalis laughed hard as her changelings surrounded the guests, the princesses, the guards, the wonderbolts and even the Windigo Cultists. Princess Celestia glared at the Queen as Wanda and Sunset hid behind their adopted mother.

“You won’t get away with this, Queen Chrysalis,” Princess Celestia said. “As long as I still breathe, I will make sure I drive you off from Canterlot.”

“Oh but I already have,” Queen Chrysalis said. “Thanks to your stupidity, and thanks to the foolishness of the Windigo’s Guild, we’ve already won. Canterlot will fall to the hive, and the first thing the news will air tomorrow, is the immediate surrender of Equestria. It’s over. We won. You….lose.”

“You opportunistic witch,” Gold Banks yelled. “When I report this on the news, I will pin this failure on Princess Celestia.”

“Oh please,” Queen Chrysalis said as she placed her hoof on Gold Banks’ mouth. “The only thing those news stations will report is the immediate surrender of this nation, and every pony required to bow before me. That’s the kind of bad news those weaklings deserve.”

Queen Chrysalis then shoved Gold Banks back, causing the entitled mare to stumble backwards into a pile of food. Queen Chrysalis laughed as Gold Banks just growled.

“My Queen,” Inferno said. “What should we do about the prisoners?”

“Round them all up,” Queen Chrysalis said. “I’ll open a portal to Tatarus and lock them away.”

“At once, my Queen,” Inferno said with a salute as he walked towards the rest of the guests.

“Oh what I wouldn’t do to have his voice as a means of lulling myself to sleep,” Chrysalis laughed. “Yesssssss.”

Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator walked over to the other younglings that are near Wanda and Sunset. Cozy Glow looked up at the trio with a glare on her face while Danged Spell bent downwards, growing at them like a wolf.

“What do you want with us?” Cozy Glow said.

“Oh we just want you to come with us if you want to live,” Quickstrike said as he stared down Cozy Glow.

“You varmints have the nerve to ambush us like this,” Applejack said. “When every pony of La Maresa finds out, they’ll..”

“Weak ponies will do nothing,” Waspinator laughed. “They now serve the Great Queen, and they also serve Waspinator.”

“I normally would be afraid,” Starlight Glimmer said. “But you anger me more than you scare me. You’re nothing more than a bunch of greedy cowards who won’t think for yourself instead of being a suck up for your queen.”

“Aww,” Quickstrike said. “Does someone want a bottle? Or maybe a nap?”

“Stay away from her,” Rarity yelled as she stood by Starlight Glimmer. “You ruffians are far worse than that prince who made me look like a fool.”

“Well well well,” Inferno said. “What do we have here? A pony who thinks she’s brave.”

“She’s braver than you’ll ever be,” Golden Lace said.

“I don’t see a brave pony,” Inferno laughed. “All I see is nothing more than a sourpuss who needs to learn her place.”

Rarity’s eyes shrunk down. Her teeth clenched. She stared at Inferno as the ground around her began to shake.

“A sourpuss?” Rarity said. “A SOURPUSS?”

The air around Rarity began to darken as the other youngsters began to back off. Even Danged Spell snapped out of his Wolf’s Breath trance and began to back away from Rarity. Inferno just looked down at the white filly and laughed.

“Uhh Inferno,” Waspinator said. “Perhaps it was a bad idea to taunt the filly bug.”

“Nonsense,” Inferno replied. “It is the duty of a changeling to trigger their prey, all to teach them their place. And furthermore….”

But before Inferno could finish speaking, Rarity pointed her horn at Waspinator and let loose a blast of magic, sending that bug flying right into the upper wall of the ballroom.

“Owww. Why did filly bug blast Waspinator?” Waspinator said. “Waspinator didn’t call her sourpuss.”

Suddenly, Waspinator was hit a few more times from three blasts of magical energy. The third blast sent Waspinator bouncing across the room, screaming like a maniac, until he crashed into a nearby table, collapsing under its weight.

“Oooooh,” Waspinator groaned. “Waspinator not like filly bug.”

Inferno and Quickstrike looked down at Rarity, who growled right at the two predacons.

“Don’t you EVER CALL ME A SOURPUSS!” Rarity screamed. “DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?”

“Aww,” Quickstrike said. “Looks like this one is all upset.”

“Stand back, brother,” Inferno said as he held Quickstrike back. “I’ll make her pay for what she did to Waspinator. Perhaps a little fire will put her in her place.”

Inferno breathed fire into the air before looking down at Rarity, who continued to stare at the red and light blue changeling.

“It’s time for you to burn,” Inferno said.

Suddenly, Airazor flies out of nowhere and rams right into Inferno and Quickstrike, sending them flying across the room and landing near Waspinator.

“I may have lost the respect of my Ex-Junior Wonderbolt,” Airazor said. “But I won’t let you three harm her or anyone else.”

Inferno shook his head as Airazor flew up to her and Quickstrike. He snarled at the Wonderbolt Captain, who looked down at the predacon.

“Something about you feels familiar to me,” Inferno said. “And it makes me want to BURN YOU!”

Inferno breathes fire right at Airazor’s face, only for the Wonderbolt Captain to dodge to the side of the flames. She then grabs Inferno by the leg and tosses him around the room, causing the changeling to crash into a wall.

“Hey NO FAIR YOU CHEATER,” Quickstrike yelled as he got up on his four legs and snapped right at Airazor. “We have the advantage on you.”

Airazor grabbed Quickstrike by the tail, swung him around in the air and threw the predacon out the window. Quickstrike yelled really loud as he crashed into a nearby bush.

“You idiots,” Queen Chrysalis yelled. “Don’t just stand there, get THEM!”

But as soon as Queen Chrysalis finished speaking, Coldnelius Snap blasted her with a blast of pure cold, sending her flying towards the scared guests and freezing her torso.

“I have you now,” Coldnelius Snap said as he looked down at Queen Chrysalis.

Princess Celestia watched on as Coldnelius Snap looked over Queen Chrysalis. He turned her head towards Chancellor Cinch and said “Take Wanda and run. Get as far from the castle as you can.”

“Understood,” Chancellor Cinch said.

Wanda looked up at Chancellor Cinch as the older pony lowered her back down. The Man’s Cub picked up Abigail and handed her to Sunset.

“Please look after Abby,” Wanda said. “Don’t worry. I’ll be safe.”

“Promise,” Sunset said as she pulled Abigail close. The little kitty cried out to Wanda, but the Man’s Cub petted her on the head.

“I’ll be back, Abigail,” Wanda said as a tear fell from her eye. “Once this is over, we’ll be together again.”

Abigail licked Wanda on the nose as she brought her hand away. She pulled a bit of the velcro off her dress and pulled out her slingshot.

“Miss Cinch,” Wanda said. “I’m ready.”

“Then hop on,” Chancellor Cinch said. “I’m getting you to safety.”

Wanda jumped on Chancellor Cinch and adjusted the chest piece of her royal gown. She held on as Chancellor Cinch got up and ran out of the ballroom.

As Coldnelius Snap charged up his horn at Queen Chrysalis, one of the cult members tugged at his robe.

“Your greatness,” the cult member said. “The Princess is getting away.”

“Go after her,” Coldnelius Snap said. “I’ll deal with this pest.”

“Yes sir,” The cultist said as he, along with his fellow guild members, chased after Wanda and Cinch.

But immediately, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna fired a blast of magic, knocking the guild members aside. The two alicorns ran up and blocked the cult members from the exit from the ballroom.

“You won’t go after my daughter, cultists,” Princess Celestia said.

“You’ll have to get past us, first,” Princess Luna said.

The cultists got up and looked at the two alicorns. They pointed their horns at Princess Celestia and Princess, charging up the very cold surrounding them. Celestia and Luna stood their ground, remaining undeterred by the group.

Suddenly, one of them jumped in the air, yelling in pain. The other cult members turned to their right to see a Wolf’s Breath-cursed Danged Spell growling at them.

“It’s that mutt again,” one of the cult members said.

“Let’s put him down,” another one said.

The cult members pointed their horns at Danged Spell, who just looked at them with his eyes glowing and his teeth bare. But before any of them could charge their horns with cold magic, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire rammed right into two members of the group, Applejack kicked another member while Starlight and Sunburst blasts a couple more with their magic.

“Every pony go after the cultists and the changelings,” Starlight yelled “We gotta get the guests to safety.”

Cozy Glow flies towards Starlight Glimmer and picks her up. She flew in the air holding the timid unicorn in her arms as she fired on cult members and changelings alike.

“Are you doing alright?”” Cozy Glow asked.

“I’m fine,” Starlight replied. “But I’m surprised to see you use me as a flying turret.”

“What can I say?” Cozy Glow replied with a smirk. “I always wanted to help save Canterlot, even through more nefarious means.”

“Wow,” Starlight laughed. “That’s devious.” She then regained her composure and said “I mean, I see.”

As Cozy Glow flew into the air with Starlight firing on cult members and changelings, Buck Withers was on the ground, whipping some of the cultists and changelings and flinging them around. Shining Armor stood by Buck Withers as he blasted a few more changelings coming close to them.

“You’ve been in this situation before?” Shining Armor asked.

“This ain’t the first time I’ve had to fight changelings,” Buck Withers said. “Especially those who served Queen Chrysalis and couldn’t think for themselves.”

“What do you see in them?” SHining Armor asked as he blasted one that was coming his way.

“Pity,” Buck Withers replied as he whipped another one out of the sky. “They always talk about how great their queen is and how she will lead them to a new era of prosperity. They don’t need a demagogue to lead them like sheep. They need freedom for themselves.”

“It’s a shame we have to fight them,” Shining Armor replied as he repelled two more changelings. “If we weren’t on such horrible terms, they would have made great friends.”

Buck Withers and Shining Armor continued to defend each other as they fought off the changelings and cultists that were coming after them. Two of the cultists that were about to blast the two, were blasted out of the way by Lemony Gem and Princess Cadance. Buck and Armor turned to face the two girls.

“What?” Lemony Gem said. “We couldn’t let you two boys hold off against the attackers.”

“Yeah,” Princess Cadance said. “This is our home. And we won’t let them get the best of us.”

Shining Armor and Buck Withers nodded at the girls and they looked prime to fight back, when Gad Zookes pointed in another direction.

“Look,” Gad Zookes said. “They’re fighting one another.”

Shining Armor, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem and Princess Cadance looked in the direction that Gad Zookes is pointing in. The Windigo’s Guild members were suddenly fighting the changelings and vice versa. It was total chaos.

“Now,” Shining Armor said as he turned towards Princess Celestia. “While they’re distracted, let’s get everyone out.”

Princess Celestia nodded. She turned towards the Guard Captain and said “Thompson. Escort every guest out of the castle. Do whatever you can to keep them safe.”

Guard Captain Thompson saluted Princess Celestia and said “At your command, my princess.”

As Thompson and the guards ran up to the guests, Princess Celestia turned to Airazor, who approached the alicorn, primed and ready.

“Airazor,” Celestia said. “Have your Wonderbolts provide cover support for the guards and the guests. Also, assign a couple of your squad to get Wanda and Cinch to safety. ”

“We’re on it,” Airazor said with a salute. But before she could turn around, Celestia cleared her throat, catching the Wonderbolt leader’s attention even further.

“And on a side note, disregard the Wonderbolt’s suspension,” Princess Celestia added. “In fact, I’ll let you put on a show next month in Canterlot to make up for what I said.”

Airazor smiled at Princess Celestia and said “Noted, your majesty. And thanks.”

Airazor turned her head towards the other Wonderbolts and directed them towards the guards, who began to escort Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem, Gad Zookes and the other guests from the ballroom. Princess Celestia turned towards Sunset Shimmer.

“Sunset,” Princess Celestia said. “Take the younglings and flee the castle. I’ll have Princess Cadance and the others guide you.”

Sunset Shimmer saluted Princess Celestia and said “You got it, mother.” She turned towards Abigail Albright, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Starlight Glimmer, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Prince Hoofar and Ocellus.

“It’s time to go, is it?” Moondancer asked.

“Yes,” Sunset said. “We’re getting out of here.”

With that, Abigail hopped on Sunset’s back as the unicorn filly ran off towards the entrance. Behind them was Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Starlight Glimmer, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Prince Hoofar and Ocellus. Spoiled Rich held Diamond Tiara tight as she and Filthy Rich watched Golden Lace run through the exit with the other younglings.

“I hope she’ll be alright,” Spoiled Rich said as Diamond Tiara covered her face in her mother’s chest.

“She will,” Filthy Rich said. “We’ve been through this disaster before. We can make it through again.”

Filthy and Spoiled Rich turned to Bright Mac, who was placing Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo into the knapsack that Buttercup had on her back. Granny Smith gathered what was left of their food and placed it into Big Mac’s knapsack.

“Can you handle all that?” Granny Smith asked.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac nodded.

Filthy Rich looked at Princess Celestia, who nodded back to the group. Immediately and without warning, Filthy and Spoiled Rich ran through the crowd and out the ballroom entrance while Spoiled Rich still held onto Diamond Tiara. Right behind them, Bright Mac and Buttercup ran behind while Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo held on to the edge of the knapsack they were riding in. Granny Smith and Big Mac ran to their side as they made their way out the doorway.

“Is that everyone?” Princess Luna asked.

“No,” Princess Celestia said. “We’re still missing Night Light and Twilight Velvet.”

Princess Celestia ran through the ballroom, blasting down any changeling or cultist that got in her way. She ran up to Night Light, who looked at a very worried Twilight Velvet.

“We need to leave this place, now,” Princess Celestia said.

“But it’s my baby,” Twilight Velvet said. “I don’t know if she’s alive or not.”

“We’ll find her the moment everyone is out of the castle,” Princess Celestia said. “Promise.”

Twilight Velvet stood up and said “Please find her. If something bad happened to my Twilight Sparkle, I don’t know what I would do.”

“If anything happened to her,” Celestia said. “I’ll make whoever did this go through hell.”

As Princess Celestia and Princess Luna began to lead Night Light and Twilight Velvet through the ballroom, Prince Blueblood watched from behind the table. His eyes turned from fear to determination as he jumped over the table and began to run.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Prince Blueblood turned his head to see Gold Banks stare down at him.

“Excuse me?” Prince Blueblood said as he stared down Gold Banks.

“You’re not going to let those crow baits get away with it, are you?” Gold Banks said. “After all, you’re the infamous Prince Blueblood, the nephew of Princess Celestia and the head of the Horse News Network. You better get back to Manehattan and air a piece involving Princess Celestia’s temper tantrum.”

“As a matter of fact, I am letting them get away with it,” Prince Blueblood said as he stomped his hoof on the ground. “After seeing what my aunt was capable of, I realized one thing: I was too much of a jerk for my own good. And not to mention we’re under attack by the Changelings and the Windigo’s Guild. So good luck convincing me to approve that stupid story of yours.”

Prince Blueblood turned his head and ran out the doorway, leaving Gold Banks’s jaw dropped to the floor.

“The,” Gold Banks said in complete shock. “The nerve of that traitor.”

“Honey,” Silver Banks said. “We need to go.”

Silver Banks grabbed Gold Banks and led her down a clear path towards the entrance as the changelings and cultists fought each other. The only thing Gold Banks could do is to clench her teeth with anger as Silver led her down.

As soon as Prince Blueblood, Gold and Silver Banks left the ballroom, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Queen Novo, Princess Skystar and Silverstream looked inside. There were nothing but Changelings and Cult Members fighting each other. Queen Chrysalis broke out of her ice entrapment and slid away from Coldnelius Snap, who fired off magical beams of pure cold at her.

“Everyone is accounted for, sis,” Princess Luna said.

“Except for Twilight Sparkle,” Princess Celestia said. “As soon as I reach the city limits, I will go look for her.”

“Princess Celestia,” Queen Novo said. “You should be careful out there. They won’t just aim for Twilight Sparkle, but also for you.”

“I know,” Princess Celestia said. “And I’m expecting it after what I did.”

“Just be careful, okay?” Queen Novo replied.

Princess Celestia nodded as she ran down the hallway and away from the group. Princess Luna nodded to Queen Novo, Princess Skystar and Silverstream.

“You ready to leave?” Princess Luna said.

“Lead on,” Queen Novo said with a smirk.

With that, Princess Luna, Queen Novo, Princess Skystar and Baby Silverstream made a run from the doorway and away from the ballroom.

Back inside, as the changelings and cultists continued to fight each other, Waspinator gets up from the table and began to shake himself off.

“Ooooh,” Waspinator said. “Where are brothers? Where are soft bugs? Waspinator feel lonely.”

Once Waspinator finished speaking, Quickstrike jumped through a broken window and landed right next to Waspinator. Inferno fell down from the wall and landed near his two Predacon brothers.

“That does it,” Quickstrike said. “When I get my hooves on those tin-horned idjits, I’ll kick their keister to Kookamanega!”

“Waspinator with brother Quickstrike,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator want revenge.”

Princess Chrysalis II flew over to the three Predacon Brothers, who lined up and bowed before her.

“Princess,” Inferno said. “Tell the royalty we will pursue the ponies and get them back. And tell her it’s personal.”

“I got a better idea,” Chrysalis II said. “I’m coming with you three so I can scare the fear into Princess Sunset Shimmer and Wanda Young.”

“Then let us depart, Princess,” Inferno said. “We shall do this for the glory of the royalty.”

Princess Chrysalis II ran towards the ballroom entrance with Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator in pursuit.

Meanwhile, Queen Chrysalis did what she could to dodge Coldnelius Snap’s blasts of pure cold. She fired back at the cult leader, who only responded by conjuring up a shield to block off the magic blasts.

“You’re strong,” Coldenlius Snap said with a laugh. “But my magic is superior to yours.”

“You pompous fool,” Queen Chrysalis said. “You don’t know the true power of the changeling hive.”

Queen Chrysalis closed her eyes as she transformed into a giant dragon. Coldenlius Snap looked up at Dragon Chrysalis, who only glared down at the cult leader.

“So you’re here to roast me,” Coldnelius Snap said. “Do your worst.”

As a dragon, Queen Chrysalis breathed a powerful molten flame directly at Coldnelius snap, covering him completely in fire. She breathed as hard as possible as the flame grew brighter and brighter, until it covered her completely.

“Give into despair,” Queen Chrysalis said as the fire covered Coldnelius Snap. “You are nothing but ash in the wind.”

Suddenly, the fire disappeared in a burst of pure cold as Coldnelius Snap emerged without a single burn on his robe or his fur. Dragon Chrysalis was in total shock as Coldnelius Snap dusted his coat off.

“I’m not impressed,” Coldnelius Snap said.

Coldnelius Snap pointed his horn at Queen Chrysalis and fired a powerful ice beam at her. Before Chrysalis could turn back into her changeling form, she was hit badly and went flying to the ground.

“Impossible,” Queen Chrysalis said. “Dragons are the most powerful creatures in Equestria.”

“Even if it is true,” Coldnelius Snap said as he hovered over Queen Chrysalis. “They pale in comparison to the chilling cold of the Windigo.”

Coldnelius Snap pointed his horn at Queen Chrysalis and began to charge up, causing the changeling queen to stare at the cult leader in complete fear.

“Any last words you wish to say?” Coldnelius Snap said.

But just as the magic on Coldnelius Snap’s horn began to grow bigger, Queen Chrysalis’s face turned from fear to calm.

“As a matter of fact I do,” Queen Chrysalis said. “How about an alliance?”

“An alliance?” Coldnelius Snap said as the magic of his horn disappeared.

“Let me explain, “Queen Chrysalis said as she got up on her four legs. “We may differ in ideals. But we have one thing in common. We both desire to make the ponies of Equestria suffer.”

“Is that a fact?” Coldnelius Snap said. “Go on.”

“While we were all fighting amongs each other,” Queen Chrysalis said. “The ponies of Equestria have escaped the castle and are now pouring into the city limits as I speak. Here’s my proposal. We form an alliance and unite our two groups into one. Together, we can bring down Princess Celestia and the rest of those weak, pathetic fools. And soon, the rest of Equestria will fall and we can divide this land, fifty fifty. It sounds like a swell deal, does it not? Yesssss.”

“I like how that sounds,” Coldnelius Snap said. “Best Princess Celestia with your changelings at our side. Very well.”

With that, Queen Chrysalis and Coldnelius Snap held out their hooves and shook it together in a form of friendship. They turned towards the changelings and cult members, who have stopped fighting and turned their attention towards the two leaders.

“Windigos and Changelings,” Queen Chrysalis and Coldnelius Snap said. “We have a new objective. You will work together, capture every pony, and bring down Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Only then, will the land belong to all of us. Now GO!”

The changelings and cultists cheered in the ballroom before they turned towards the ballroom entrance and ran out in two separate files. Queen Chrysalis and Coldnelius Snap looked at the groups and they both smiled with anticipation.

“This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship,” Queen Chrysalis said.

“Oh it is,” Coldnelius Snap said.

The two leaders laughed loudly as their respective groups exited the ballroom until only they remained. As Coldnelius Snap stopped laughing, he noticed Senator Twinkle Wish walk through the back entrance from the garden.

“What just happened?” Senator Wish said as she stepped through.

Queen Chrysalis and Coldnelius Snap looked at each other and grinned. They turned towards Senator Wish and looked down at her. Senator Twinkle Wish could do nothing but stare at them in fear.

“Oh no,” Senator Wish. “The parasites have invaded Equestria.”

“And so they have, yessss,” Queen Chrysalis said.

“Despite the way you bragged about how you will keep the peace and Make Equestria Great Again, you failed,” Coldnelius Snap said. “Soon, all ponies will bow before the Windigo-Changeling alliance.

“A shame that your silly border wall couldn’t keep us out,” Queen Chrysalis said. “My babies are capable of taking the forms of your own kind to keep you from suspecting us.”

“And my cult is capable of overpowering your own troops and your wall,” Coldnelius Snap said. “You call it the best prevention effort. We call it a simple roadblock that can be navigated around.”

Senator Twinkle Wish could do nothing but stand there helplessly as Coldnelius Snap levitated her to a nearby wall. Queen Chrysalis then spewed a bit of muck on the cowering senator’s body, gluing her to the wall with her head sticking out. Snap followed by freezing her lower torso down.

“Thank you for amusing us with your stupid wall,” Coldnelius Snap said.

“Now why don’t you hang right there and think about how stupid of you to think that you could keep us out. Yessss,” Queen Chrysalis said.

The two villains laughed really hard as they turned tail and walked out the front entrance of the ballroom. Senator Wish just looked on, watching the changeling queen and the cult leader laugh it up until they were out of her sight.

“They’re right,” Senator Wish said as she hung her head in shame. “I thought a wall could keep them out, but it was nothing to those two delinquents. Some senator I turned out to be.”

To Be Continued in….

Celestia’s Burden

Author's Note:

The reason why I came up with the idea of Queen Chrysalis and Coldnelius Snap teaming up together is to at least make them a bigger threat to the ponies of Canterlot. But make no mistake. Queen Chrysalis will remain the main antagonist for the entity of this arc.

Also, you are going to see a shift in characterization for Prince Blueblood, especially compared to Friendship is Magic.

Anyway, 13 parts remain.

PreviousChapters Next