• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,932 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,932

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 1-4: A Mother’s responsibility

A Mother’s responsibility

“Wow. So I did all that?”

Those words came from the young man’s cub, Wanda. It has been many years since Princess Celestia adopted her, and she has grown from a baby to a young girl. Surrounding the young lady was Princess Celestia, Sunset Shimmer and Bright Mac.

“It wasn’t your fault, Wanda,” Princess Celestia said she gave her daughter a warm hug. “You didn’t know the true potential of your powers, and you were still a baby.”

“And besides,” Bright Mac said. “When I found out that Celestia had you as a daughter, I was actually jealous. I kinda wish she would be a part of the Apple Family. Big Mac and Applejack would appreciate her.”

“I wish it were so,” Princess Celestia said to Bright Mac. “But apparently, Wanda is not allowed to leave Canterlot as part of my agreement to raise her.”

“Well that’s just a load of hogwash,” Bright Mac said as he threw his hat onto the ground and stomped on it in frustration. “That’s just treating this city as a prison for her. She deserves far better.”

“Still, there was one bright spot out of all this,” Celestia said as her frown turned into a smirk. “The wall was vetoed, and there weren’t enough votes to override it.”

“Mommy, what’s a wall?” Wanda asked as she tugged on Celestia’s mane, which barely bothered her at all.

“Wanda,” Celestia replied. “Senator Twinkle Wish wanted to build a wall out of Equestria to keep the most dangerous elements of this world away. But I believe we need to reach out to other nations, not keep ourselves isolated. After all, Friendship should be shared to every creature across the planet, including you.”

“Yeah,” Bright Mac said as he playfully put his hat on Wanda’s head. “You’re a bright example of why Friendship shouldn’t just be limited to ponies. You’re a part of the pony family, even though you’re not even a part of this world.”

Wanda playfully giggled as she gave Bright Mac a big hug. “You’re like a big daddy to me, Unca Bright Mac.” She said with a laugh.

“Tell you what, sugar cube,” Bright Mac said. “Let’s go bake that cake together for your big sister’s birthday.”

Wanda turns her head to Princess Celestia, who nods in approval. The only thing that came out of Wanda’s mouth was an “ALRIGHT,” before she ran to the kitchen doorway with Bright Mac following behind.

“She always has a bright smile on her face,” Sunset Shimmer said as she ran to catch up to Wanda and Bright Mac.

Later that night, Princess Cadence came downstairs with a blindfold on her face. Behind her, was Princess Luna.

“I can’t wait for the surprise,” Princess Cadence says in excitement. “I hope they made my favorite Apple Cake.”

“It’s a bigger surprise than you may realize, little Cadence,” Princess Luna laughed as she guided Princess Cadence to the dining room.

Inside the dining room, Princess Luna removes Cadence’s blindfold with her magic. And as soon as Cadence opens her eyes, a loud “SURPRISE” echoes through the room. Cadence looks forward and sees Princess Celestia, Bright Mac, Sunset Shimmer and Wanda Young with an Apple Cake that took up half the table, towering at over six feet tall.

Princess Cadence looked at the size of that cake, and her face beamed in excitement. She looks down and notices that a slice of that Apple Cake was served right next to a number of presents.

“Happy Birthday Cadenza Mi Amore,” Princess Celestia said. “Dig in.”

Princess Cadence rushed up to the slice of cake left for her. She cut off a piece of her cake slice and took a bite. With one taste, her eyes lit up in joy. It was the best apple cake she had ever tasted, like a taste of pure heaven.

“Thank you mother,” Princess Cadence said as she cried tears of joy. “This is the best birthday that you threw for me.”

“Don’t thank me,” Princess Celestia laughed. “Thank your sisters and Bright Mac. They put all of this together for you.”

Wanda walked up to Princess Cadence and said “Big sis, I went through all that trouble to make sure you got that apple cake.”

Right behind the man’s cub, Sunset said “We’re just glad you got your birthday gift.”

Princess Cadence shed a tear of joy and said to both Sunset and Wanda “Thank you. You’re the best sisters I’ve ever had.” And with that, she picked up both Wanda and Sunset with her magic and gave them both a hug. Wanda and Sunset could do nothing, but hug their big sister back.

“You raise a fine family,” Bright Mac said to Princess Celestia. “But Granny Smith is gonna be upset when she finds out I was gone for too long.”

Princess Celestia hands Bright Mac a bag of gold and says “Tell her that’s a little extra because you helped me with Princess Cadence’s birthday. You’ve earned it.”

Bright Mac looked inside the bag of gold, and his face beamed at the contents. Inside, it was filled to the brim with plenty of gold bits. That was enough to surprise Bright Mac, as his face lit up like a firework show.

“Princess,” He said, struggling to get the words out of his mouth. “I...I...I dunno what to say. I can’t accept this.”

“I know,” Princess Celestia said. “But I would rather my subjects be well-off instead of having to struggle to put food on the table.”

Bright Mac tied up the gold bag and said to Princess Celestia “Thank you, your majesty. I will not forget this night….ever.

It was the middle of the night. Wanda had changed into her pajamas . Early that day, she came close to crying over losing those apples. But everything turned out perfect. Cadence got her cake, and she got to spend time with her sisters. It was a moment that Wanda felt pleased with how everything turned out.

“Wanda? Are you here?” That voice came from Princess Cadence as she opened the door. Wanda turned her head and saw Cadence alongside Sunset Shimmer, and another slice of cake resting on a plate.

“Big sis, Sunset,” Wanda said as she saw her two sisters walking towards her. “Why are you here?”

“After what you went through today,” Sunset said to Wanda. “You deserve some tender loving care.”

“I heard about what happened to you early ago,” Princess Cadence said as she handed the slice of cake to Wanda. “It’s not your fault that Chancellor Cinch was angry at you.”

“I know,” Wanda said as she accepted the cake slice. “But she always scares me, and it’s like everything I do makes her mad.”

“We’re here for you, Wanda,” Sunset said as she jumped onto the bed and put her right arm around Wanda. “I don’t care if you’re not a pony. You’re our sister, and that’s all that matters.”

“And if you can’t find Princess Celestia or Princess Luna,” Cadence said to comfort Wanda. “Find me or Sunset. We’ll help you in any way possible.”

“Thank you,” Wanda said as tears rolled through her eyes. “Both of you.” She then picked up the cake and took a bite, chewing with delight.

“Looks like you need to work more on your table manners,” Cadence laughed as Wanda swallowed the cake in her mouth. Sunset couldn’t resist laughing as well. And it didn’t take long before Wanda laughed as well.

Outside Wanda’s room, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Majordomo Kibitz were watching from the doorway, seeing the three sisters interact with each other.

“All she wants is a chance to finally be free,” Celestia said as she worried for Wanda. “But what Chancellor Cinch puts her through is tough.”

“Wanda needs to learn how to survive when we’re gone,” Princess Luna said to her sister.

“She’s right,” Kibitz agreed. “Chancellor or not, Wanda has to learn to survive in our world, through the magic of friendship.

“That’s why I have signed her up to attend my School for Gifted Unicorns,” Celestia replied. “She’ll be the first non-pony student of the class.”

“Is she capable of such a capacity?” Princess Luna asked, showing concern for Wanda.

“She may not be a pony,” Princess Celestia replied. “But she has a magic that is not of this world. Through her learning at my school, Wanda will be able to achieve her inner harmony.”

“Not to mention that the Equestria Education Association has made a rare exception to their rule,” Kibitz added. “Mainly because of who you are, my lady.”

“Thank you, both of you,” Celestia said. “I hope that Wanda will be able to become friends with my other classmates. She understands the importance of the Family. For as a Family, we are united together. But she will learn that beyond family, Friendship is Magic.”

“That’s my sister, always joking about ‘Friendship is Magic’ like we’re some magical land of friendship and harmony,” Luna joked as she couldn’t hold in her laughter.

Celestia could only chuckle, as she said “Luna, there is more to this mysterious magic of friendship, than meets the eye.

To Be Continued in

Arc 2: The School for Gifted Unicorns

The Twilight of the Exam

Author's Note:

So this is how the whole thing started. The idea of a human living in a world full of Ponies not as an adult, but as a child learning from the brightest minds of Equestria. This whole saga is about 94 parts long, divided in a total of 18 arcs.

There will be a lot of difference between this Universe and the one that Lauren Faust gave us. You've seen a couple of them: Sunset Shimmer being Celestia's adopted daughter, Abacus Cinch being the Chancellor of Equestria, and Princess Luna never becoming Nightmare Moon. More differences from Friendship is Magic will pop up as you read the story, which will include new villains and a handful of new characters.

As for the Ending of the End Revised or Be Careful with what you wish for, I will continue to put out more parts to that fanfic, plus there is rumors that I might do two endings. Anyway, I hope you enjoy what I will bring to you in the next few months.

PreviousChapters Next