• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,932 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,932

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 12-3: A reunion under the sea

A Reunion under the sea

“Mother. Hey Mother. Are you alright?”

Princess Celestia awoke to find Sunset Shimmer right on top of her. The elder alicorn sister slowly got up as Sunset leaped off her chest. Celestia turned her body around and saw Queen Novo holding her paw out for her.

“Queen Novo,” Celestia said as she grabbed onto Novo’s paw. “You’re alive?”

“I am, old friend,” Queen Novo said as she pulled Princess Celestia up. “I’m not going to let a tyrant like the Storm King get the best of me or my people.”

“The Storm King?” Princess Celestia said as she got up on her four hooves. “Here in Equestria? And we already have our own problems with the Windigo’s Guild.”

“Mother,” Sunset said as she tapped on Celestia’s hoof. “What’s the Storm King?”

Celesta looked down at Sunset and felt at a loss for words. Queen Novo walked towards Sunset Shimmer and placed her paw on the filly’s cheek.

“That is something I will explain in further, little sunflower,” Queen Novo said. “For now, I’ll take you to Wanda.”

Queen Novo turned around and walked towards the doorway, with Celestia and Luna following right behind her. Sunset Shimmer and Abigail quickly ran up to Princess Celestia, following Queen Novo through the doorway. But as they went through, Sunset turned towards the other younglings and waved.

“Come on,” Sunset yelled. “Wanda might be worried about us.”

Twilight Sparkle nodded as she, Spike, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Golden Lace ran up behind her through the doorway.

“Don’t you worry, Wanda,” Sunset said. “We’re coming.”

The moment every pony ran through the doorway, Sunset ran in behind the group as the stone door slowly closed shut.

Inside, the entire room looked dark. But a small patch of light shined at a small pool of water. Celestia and Luna watched as Queen Novo walked towards the pool.

“Just so you know,” Queen Novo said as she touched her claw on the pool. “I’ve enhanced the water to allow you and your class to explore underwater without fear of drowning.”

“Oooh, let me try,” Pinkie Pie yelled as she ran towards the pool at breakneck speed.

:”PINKIE,” Sunset yelled. “WAIT!”

But Pinkie Pie paid no attention to Sunset Shimmer. The party pony jumped into the air and dove right into the pool. The other students watched in shock as Pinkie Pie disappeared into the pool.

“Wha?” Twilight said, completely spooked. “What just happened?”

A few moments later, Pinkie Pie emerged from the pool, looking even more excited than when she jumped in.

“You guys have got to see this,” Pinkie Pie yelled. “Not only can you breathe underwater, but you also transform into a sea pony.”

“A sea pony?” Sunset said.

Pinkie Pie bent backwards and raised what appeared to be a fishtail into the air. The younglings were mesmerized by Pinkie’s metamorphosis as Queen Novo walked towards Princess Celestia.

“I almost forgot to mention,” Queen Novo said. “When I said explore, I mean with the agility of a fish, like what we hippogriffs now resort to.”

“I am not so sure about this,” Celestia said as she slowly inched towards the pool. “But if it means reuniting with Wanda then…”

“I WANNA TRY IT OUT,” Princess Luna yelled as she flew towards the pool before diving right in, causing a splash that poured right onto Twilight, Starlight, Rainbow Dash, Sunset, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Golden Lace, Abigail and Spike. Most of the younglings looked really annoyed as they were drenched in water.

“Aww come on, you big palooka,” Danged Spell yelled. “What do I look like, a sponge?”

Princess Luna emerged from the pool before proceeding to flick her mane, splashing more water on the younglings. She looked down and saw that her legs had been transformed into a fish tail.

“Wow,” Luna said as she gazed in awe. “I really am a sea pony.”

“Guess that makes the two of us,” Pinkie Pie giggled.

Still drenched from the last two splashes, Golden Lace slogged towards the pool and just looked down at it.

“I’m supposed to dive into this?” Golden Lace said as she just stood there while Sunset Shimmer walked up behind her.

“We’re already completely wet,” Sunset said with a smug. “So what do you have to lose? Or are you chicken?”

Sunset took a few steps back before dashing forward and jumping into the pool. When she emerged, she looked down at her new fish tail that took the place of her legs.

“I’ll show you who’s chicken,” Golden Lace yelled before she took a few steps back. She dashed forward before slipping on a wet surface, causing her to slide right into the pool, splashing water in Pinkie Pie, Princess Luna and Sunset Shimmer’s faces.

“Now that was a total wipeout,” Pinkie Pie giggled.

“You said it,” Sunset said as she couldn’t contain her laughter.

Golden Lace emerged from the pool before she shook off the water from her mane. She looked down and saw that her legs turned into a fish tail. But instead of being angry, she was mesmerized by her transformation.

“Wow,” Golden Lace said to herself. “Is this what I have been missing throughout my entire life?”

As Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer splashed around in the pool, Princess Celestia looked down and had a smug look on her face.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Queen Novo said to Celestia. “You’re eager to jump in there and reunite with Wanda.”

“And to think,” Celestia said. “We were about to cancel our trip here when this incident happened. I know Princess Skystar owes me an apology for taking Wanda. But she did do one thing right.”

“And what would that be, Princess?” Twilight said as she walked up to Princess Celestia.

“Learned on what happened to the hippogriffs,” Princess Celestia said.

Back underwater, Wanda swam alongside Princess Skystar with Silverstreak riding atop the Man’s Cub’s mermaid tail. Though the two kids were having a great time, Wanda felt sad on the inside, like something wrong happened. Princess Skystar stopped and took notice of Wanda's face.

“Is….something alright?” Princess Skystar asked.

“It’s nothing,” Wanda said.

“Are you sure?” Skystar asked as she swam up to Wanda. “Because I could tell something’s up with that face of yours.”

Wanda let out a sigh and said “It’s because of what happened early ago.”

Skystar’s ears drooped down as her smile turned into a frown. She turned around and said, “I know. It’s my fault that I got you in this. It was one thing to face the wrath of my mama Queen Novo. But I also fear what Princess Celestia would say to me. What if she’s as harsh as mamas? What if it's worse?”

“It will be alright,” Wanda said. “Even after what happened.”

“But how can you be so sure?” Princess Skystar asked. “Even after I took you from Princess Celestia?”

“I’ve been through a worst situation back in La Maresa when the Windigo’s Guild struck,” Wanda said. “Plus, I’ve met your mama back in Canterlot.”

Princess Skystar turned her head away in shame. Wanda tried to swim up to the young sea pony, but Skystar kept turning her head away. Baby Silverstream tried to swim up to Skystar, but the young princess turned away from her cousin.

“I know what she did was wrong,” Wanda said to Silverstream. “But I feel sorry for her. It’s like she doesn’t want to be forgiven for what happened.”

“It’s not the first time she’s been through this kind of trouble, smallfry.” Wanda turned around to see Queen Novo, now transformed back into a sea pony, hovering over her.

“Aunt Novo,” Wanda asked. “What can be done about Princess Skystar?”

Queen Novo just smiled and said “I believe your mother may have the answer.” She then moved to the side as Princess Celestia, now transformed into a sea pony, entered the room. Wanda looked at the transformed princess of the sun and her face beamed with excitement.

“MOMMY!” Wanda cheered as she swam up to Princess Celestia and gave her a big hug, crying right into her chest.

“My darling Wanda,” Princess Celestia said as she gently rubbed Wanda on the head. “I thought I lost you.”

As Wanda cried into Celestia’s chest, she felt two hugs right behind her. Wanda lifted her head and turned around to see Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer with their arms wrapped around the Man’s Cub-turned Mermaid. The two fillies had transformed into sea ponies, now bearing fish tails instead of pony legs. Wanda giggled as Sunset and Starlight glomped onto her.

“I was worried about you, little sis,” Sunset said as she snuggled Wanda. “I thought you were a goner.”

“You’ve been a great friend to me and to everyone else,” Starlight said as she cried on Wanda’s left dimple. “If something really bad happened, I don’t know what I would have done.”

Wanda let go of Princess Celestia as she turned to embrace Sunset and Starlight. Though tears flowed from Wanda’s eyes, she cracked a smile at both her older sister and her close, twin-tailed friend.

“I don’t know what I would have done if I lost everyone,” Wanda said as she snuggled with Sunset and Starlight.

Princess Celestia smiled as Wanda, Sunset and Starlight hugged each other before turning her attention towards Princess Skystar. The Sea Pony Alicorn’s face turned to disappointment as she swam up to Princess Skystar, as the young sea pony looked up to Princess Celestia in shame.

“I’m sorry I took your daughter without your permission, Princess,” Princess Skystar said as she bowed towards Princess Celestia. “She looked so cool to have as a friend, and I wanted to show her Seaquestria. Please don’t banish me to the moon.”

Princess Celestia looked down at Princess Skystar with a cold scowl on her face as Skystar looked like she was about to cry.

“What you did was wrong,” Princess Celestia said with a stern tone. “You took my daughter away from me without any warning whatsoever and dove into the ocean with her. I thought I was going to lose one of my daughters, and Sunset Shimmer would lose a good sister. Yes, I am disappointed in you, young lady.”

Skystar looked down in shame as she kept her tear-filled eyes closed. “I know. Mama had to give me a harsh reminder of my foolishness.”

“But regardless of your recklessness,” Celestia said as her scowl turned into a smile. “You at least did something that did bring a bit of hope in my eyes.”

“I did?” Skystar said as she looked up at Princess Celestia.

“You at least confirmed that the hippogriff kingdom is alright,” Princess Celestia said. “When I came here, I thought your kind was wiped out by an invasion of some sorts. And I feared it was the Windigo’s Guild who did this. At least with the events that played out today, I can rest easily knowing that your mother, your own people and you are safe and sound. So I forgive you.”

Skystar’s face beamed as she reached out and gave Princess Celestia a big hug.

“Thank you,” Princess Skystar said. “I won’t forget this.”

“But,” Princess Celestia said. “Promise me you won’t do that again. Do you understand?”

Skystar raised her head and said “Yes. I promise I won’t kidnap any of your children again.”

“Good,” Princess Celestia said as she rubbed Skystar on the head. “You’re off the hook for that incident. And besides, I don’t banish delinquents to the moon.” Celestia let out a giggle before Skystar lets go of her.

As Celestia and Skystar laughed with Wanda, Sunset and Starlight hugging each other, Queen Novo smiled at the sight of joy coming from all five individuals. Princess Luna, having been turned into a sea pony, swam up beside Queen Novo.

“It’s moments like this that I wish I brought a camera with me,” Princess Luna said.

“Sometimes, you don’t need a picture of some sort to remember these fond memories,” Queen Novo said. “All it takes is a warm moment to make it unforgettable.”

Right beside Queen Novo and Princess Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Golden Lace, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike and Abigail swam up right next to the two adults. Everyone’s legs had been transformed into their own unique fish tail, making most of them sea ponies. Spike had become a sea dragon of some sort, and Abigail was transformed into a catfish. Abigail rubbed her paw on her face as Spike sucked on his own thumb.

“I guess in the end,” Twilight said. “Everything turned out okay.”

“Even after what that sea pony did to your friend?” Golden Lace said in a bit of a stern tone.

“Not to compliment you, Lace,” Moondancer said with a smirk. “But you should have been in La Maresa when the Windigo’s Guild attacked. That makes this incident look tame in comparison.”

Lace let out a sigh and said “I’m beginning to wonder what I have been missing out.”

Danged Spell let out a chuckle before he said “You’re telling me? We’re already in a really fishy situation. Get it?”

“Danged Spell,” Every sea colt and filly said before bursting out in laughter. Even Golden Lace was giggling, causing Danged Spell to take notice.

“Lace?” Danged Spell said. “You’re not one who laughs at my puns.”

Lace just looked at everyone and blushed in embarrassment.

“You uhhh, didn’t hear nothing,” Lace said as she covered her mouth.

As most of the students laughed it off, Queen Novo swam up to the top of Seaquestria. She cleared her throat and threw her hoof up high.

“Now that everyone is together at last,” Queen Novo announced. “I believe it’s time to tell you all why we took the form of the sea ponies.”

The words of Queen Novo caught the attention of Wanda, Abigail, Spike, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Golden Lace, as they grouped up together, looking upwards at Queen Novo. Princess Skystar swam up beside Wanda as the Man’s Cub-turned-Mermaid cuddled up, all while Silverstream sat atop Wanda’s head.

“This is something that made us afraid of the outside world,” Princess Skystar whispered.

“And it wasn’t because of the Windigo’s Guild?” Wanda asked.

“We never heard of them,” Skystar replied.

As Princess Celestia and Princess Luna swam up behind the younglings, Queen Novo waved her arms up higher as images formed around the walls of Seaquestria, consisting of Hippogriffs, Mount Aris, and what looked like giant yetis. Queen Novo swam up to an image of the Hippogriffs flying around Mount Aris.

“Not long ago,” Queen Novo announced in a booming voice. “We were once the mighty Hippogriffs who resided in Mount Aris. Allies to your kingdom of Equetria, we’ve bartered together for a least a millennium.”

The younglings ooohed as the hippogriffs in the image flew around the illustration of Mount Aris.

“Man,” Rainbow Dash said. “Wouldn’t it have been cool if those Hippogriffs paid a visit to La Maresa every once in a while?”

“You’re telling me,” Pinkie Pie said. “They might be great party animals.”

Queen Novo swam away from the drawing of the hippogriffs flying around Mount Aris to an image of a slender yeti-like creature with a sinister scowl on his face.

“But one day,” Queen Novo said. “A dark ruler known as the Storm King invaded the land. He brought along his army to invade Mount Aris, all for our magic.”

“I don’t like the look of that meanie,” Starlight said as she hid behind Sunburst.

“It’s okay,” Sunburst said as he rubbed Starlight on the head. “He won’t come for any of us.”

Queen Novo swam up to an image of her holding what appears to be giant orbs in the air, all while Mount Aris was burning.

“As much as I wanted to stand and fight,” Queen Novo said. “I didn’t want to risk the lives of my people, nor did I want the Storm King and his minions to take the magic of the Hippogriffs.”

Danged Spell looked steamed. He pounded the sand underneath him and swam up a bit.

“That rotten Storm King,” Danged Spell seethed. “Let me at em. I’ll make him go SPLAT!”

But before Danged Spell could swim even further, Moondancer grabbed him from behind and held him up.

“LET ME GO!” Danged Spell yelled. “I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH THE STORM KING LIKE I DO WITH THE WINDIGO’S GUILD!”

“Calm yourself you little Scrappy,” Moondancer said as Danged Spell struggled to break free. “The Windigo’s Guild pale in comparison to the Storm King and his minions.”

As Queen Novo watched Danged Spell struggle to break free from Moondancer’s grasp, she swam up to an image of Seaquestria and the Sea Ponies who danced around.

“But we have survived thanks to our quick thinking,” Queen Novo said. “We sealed ourselves away from the Storm King and hid out under the sea, taking on the form of Sea Ponies. Since then, we vowed to keep the sacred magic safe from his grasp, and we hope that one day, we could emerge from our exile to enjoy life once more.”

As the younglings continued to observe Queen Novo, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watched on with a hint of worry in their faces. They turned to each other, disturbed by the story of the Hippogriffs and the Storm King.

“Why didn’t we know about this?” Princess Luna asked.

“That’s what I want to know,” Princess Celestia said. “Had we known that the Storm King attacked Mount Aris, I would have cancelled the field trip right off the bat and sent our soldiers to drive them off.”

“When this field trip is over,” Princess Luna said. “I am going straight to the San Di’Neighgo base and have a word with the one in charge.”

“Good idea,” Princess Celestia said. “And I think I have a lot to explain to Queen Novo on why our soldiers failed to act on the Storm King.”

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna swam up to Queen Novo and whispered something in her ear. Novo’s face lit up as she turned towards the younglings.

“Will you excuse me for a sec, little ones?” Queen Novo said. “Princess Celestia wants to have a word with me.”

“She does?” Wanda said, surprised by Novo’s words. “What does mommy want with you, Aunt Novo?”

“Don’t you worry, small fry,” Queen Novo said as she swam up to Wanda and rubbed her on the head, all while Silverstream swam off. “Whatever it is, we’ll get this settled.”

As Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Queen Novo swam out of the room, the classmates just stood there, completely anxious. Even Golden Lace, who stood out as a snob, felt bothered by Novo’s statement.

“Mother always told me that we shouldn’t be involved in the non-pony races,” Golden Lace said. “But something like this doesn’t add up.”

“That’s a rather surprising statement coming from you,” Twilight said.

“Well you all did have an encounter with the Windigo’s Guild at La Maresa,” Golden Lace said.

“And I hate to say this as a complement,” Sunset said. “But I’m glad you didn’t come with us on our last field trip. Imagine the look on your parents' faces when they found out what happened.”

“Yeah,” Wanda said as she swam up to Golden Lace. “You may be a big meanie. But even I think you don’t deserve to be terrified by the bad Windigos.”

“Well that’s reassuring,” Golden Lace said in a sarcastic tone.

“You know what?” Danged Spell said as Moondancer lets him go. “This whole thing stinks. First the Windigo’s Guild attacked us at La Maresa, and now this Storm King laid waste to Mount Aris? What next? Discord appearing out of nowhere? A Civil War in Equestria?”

“Oh please,” Pinkie Pie said as she swam right up in Danged Spell’s face. “I don’t think you have a lot to worry about. You basically live in the safest place in Equestria, and I know you kept bragging about driving the Windigo’s Guild out of Canterlot. Besides, I’m the reincarnation of Discord.”

As Pinkie Pie swam off, Danged Spell just stood there completely dumbfounded as Rainbow Dash swam up behind him.

“Was that supposed to reassure me?” Danged Spell said.

“That’s how Pinkie Pie rolls,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Besides, if you had wings instead of a horn, you would have been a great Wonderbolt by now.”

“I appreciate that kind of comment,” Danged Spell said. “But right now, I’m still disturbed at the fact that we have this...Storm King to worry about.”

Princess Skystar swam up to Danged Spell and said “Well I know a way for all of you to relax and unwind.”

“You actually do?” Starlight said as she swam up to Skystar.

“Yeah,” Skystar replied. “I’ve got some musical instruments nearby. You all want to try them out?”

“Oooooh,” Pinkie Pie said, swimming around in excitement. “I wanna see what you got.”

“Yeah,” Wanda said. “After all we’ve been through, I’m ready to have some fun.”

Princess Skystar swam out of the room as Wanda Young, Abigail Albright, Spike the Dragon, Silverstream, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie followed from behind. Golden Lace just stood there as she watched the others swim out of the room.

“All the danger that the Hippogriffs and my so-called classmates went through,” Golden Lace said to herself. “And all they want to do is have fun? What are they thinking? In fact, what were my parents thinking in putting me in this kind of privileged life, sheltering me from this outside world? But as much as I want to call them out for this, I will be at risk of being grounded if I do.”

As Golden Lace pondered for a bit, she noticed a bright light shine from another doorway. Lace turned her attention in that direction, attracted by the warm glow.

“What is that?” Golden Lace said as she swam towards the light. “It feels so...cozy.”

Meanwhile, in another, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sat at a table across from Queen Novo. The two alicorns-turned-seaponies looked uneasy, as if they felt responsible. But Novo seemed calm.

“We should have known that the Storm King would invade your lands,” Princess Celestia said. “Why we didn’t get the alarm from one of our own disturbs the both of us.”

“Princesses,” Novo said as she raised her hoof up. “I know you wanted to protect us, but we preferred to stand and fight. We were raised this way. But that being said, we also foresaw the Storm King’s invasion, and we had to prepare to dive underwater to ensure that they don’t take our magic.”

“Unfortunately,” Princess Luna said. “It’s how my sister acts. She's been the worry wart of the both of us ever since she became Daybreaker.”

“I know, but let me explain,” Queen Novo said as she put her hoof on Luna’s snoot. “I think the one mistake I made was that I forgot to inform you all of our intent to hide just to keep safe from the Storm King. Because of that, I put all of you in grave danger.”

“I appreciate your concern, Queen Novo,” Princess Celestia said. “But it was still my fault that we didn’t get the warning about the Storm King. What if he invaded San Di’Neighgo or any other part of the Ponyville Providence?”

“It is rather surprising,” Princess Luna said. “Considering that the Storm King was after the Magical Orbs of the Hippogriffs, that’s saying a lot.”

Queen Novo’s eyes lit up. She swam off as she said “Thanks for reminding me. I just remembered that there is a certain someone you told me about before you came here.”

As Queen Novo swam off, Princess Luna stood there, completely dumbfounded.

“Sister,” Princess Luna asked. “What exactly did you mean by that?”

“In the event that we had to bring along Golden Lace to Mount Aris,” Princess Celestia said. “I was hoping that she could talk some sense into her. Even if it meant putting the magical orbs at risk. And don’t worry. It was her idea.”

Princess Luna just smiled as she said “This won’t end well with the Banks. But if she can see the error of her ways, then there might be hope for Golden Lace

To Be Continued in…

One Small Thing

Author's Note:

So what do you think will happen to Golden Lace in the final part of this arc? Stay tuned.

PreviousChapters Next