• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,935 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,935

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 15(The Hay Fever Virus)-1: The pressure of being a Princess

Author's Note:

A note to readers: I came up with this arc involving one of the main characters getting seriously sick  prior to the start of the Coronavirus Pandemic.  Even though we’ve been through a huge chunk of the pandemic, I still chose to write this to remind you that viruses can still be a dangerous thing, and they should be taken seriously.  No one deserves to go through what we all had to go through.

Please, don’t take the virus like it’s a hoax.  We’ve been through a lot of hell and we don’t want to endure more.  Like I said, no one deserves to succumb to any virus.

Arc 15: The Hay Fever Virus

The pressure of being a Princess

“Princess Celestia, this matter is far more important than your trip down to Saddle Arabia.” Those words came from an angry Silver Banks as Princess Celestia sat in a nearby office at the Equestrian Senate hall. Silver Banks slammed down a set of papers as Gold Banks and Senator Twinkle Wish stood near the door.

“I appreciate you trying to bring this to my attention,” Princess Celestia said. “But the vote for this vanity wall has been held to address other issues, like the homeless crisis and our negotiations with King Myrrh of Saddle Arabia.”

“Making up excuses, I take it?” Gold Banks said with a laugh. “You do realize that because of the attack on Mount Aris, demand for a new border wall has gone up. The ponies of Equestria demand protection.”

“I did not see any polls regarding a border wall this morning,” Celestia said. “How do I know my people demand a border wall?”

“Do you question the integrity of the ponies of Equestria?” Senator Twinkle Wish yelled. “I’ve already had to put up with that little monster of yours. The last thing I need is more disgusting creatures roaming through the streets.”

“We do have a trade with the Hippogriffs of Mount Aris,” Princess Celestia replied.

“All the more reason why we need that wall up,” Senator Twinkle Wish said.

“Actually,” Gold Banks said as her smile lit up. “Princess Celestia has a point. We do have a trade with those seadogs in Mount Aris. And what good is the economy if we choose to put a border wall that prevents them from coming in?”

“But even if we have foreign invaders,” Princess Celestia said. “What good will that do if they turn out to be in disguise? Like a changeling?”

“Hogwash,” Silver Banks yelled as he slammed his hoof on the table. “Now you will sign that emergency order before you even think about stepping hoof outside this room.”

“But I have to prepare for tomorrow’s flight to Saddle Arabia with my sister,” Celestia said. “I don’t have time for these shenanigans.”

“Tough,” Silver Banks snorted as he slammed an ink bottle and a feather onto the table. “You don’t get to leave this office until you sign that emergency order. Do I make myself clear?”

Princess Celestia was sweating from Silver Banks’s tone of voice. She was about to pick up the quill with her magic when Silver Banks slammed his hoof on the desk again, scaring the elder alicorn.

“I SAID, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” Silver Banks yelled.

“Alright, alright,” Princess Celestia said. “I’ll do it.”

Princess Celestia picked up the pen with her magic and dipped it into the ink bottle. She moved the ink-covered quill and signed her name onto the parchment. Once she lifted the feather pen off the paper, Silver Banks swiped the paper off of the desk and took a good look at it.

“That will do,” Silver Banks said as he rolled up the paper with his magic and placed it into a saddlebag on Senator Wish’s back.

“Now that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Gold Banks said with a smile. “Maybe you and your sister should learn not to be so impatient.”

“It’s about time the wall can now become a reality,” Senator Wish said. “No more creatures crossing the border and doing what they want with our land.”

Senator Twinkle Wish opened the door and walked outside with Silver Banks following behind. But not before he turned his attention to Princess Celestia.

“As a reminder,” Silver Banks said. “Your work here in this nation comes above those brats you look after, even while you’re away to negotiate with King Myrrh. Never forget that, your majesty.”

As Silver Banks walked out the door, Gold Banks walked towards the doorway and turned to face Princess Celestia, who’s mane looked extremely frazzled.

“By the way,” Gold Banks said as her smile never left her cheek. “If you see my disgrace of a daughter, tell her to come home, this instant. Fraternizing herself with commoners is ridiculously uncouth.”

As Gold Banks walked out the door, Princess Celestia got up from her chair and jumped out a nearby window, flying away from the office in frustration.

“The nerve of those Banks,” Princess Celestia said to herself. “All I have to do is to prepare for our trip to Saddle Arabia tomorrow. But they had to use this opportunity to force me to sign a document that I strongly disagree with, especially after coming off that painfully long speech in the Senate about the Storm King’s invasion. What I wouldn’t do to just get away from this place?”

Princess Celestia flew off towards the castle as the sun began to set on Equestria.

Meanwhile, at the castle, Wanda Young and Sunset Shimmer were playing ring around the rosie with a cheerful tone in the main hall. Abigail danced on the couch, meowing really loud.

“I can’t believe it,” Wanda said. “We’re going to have a slumber party with our friends at Twilight’s house.”

“Well while mother is away,” Sunset Shimmer said. “We all get to play.”

“Everyone is going to be there,” Wanda said. “Twilight, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Pinkie Pie and even Golden Lace will be there.”

“And so will big sister,” Sunset said as the two girls continued to spin around in a playful dance.

“Yay, Big sister,” Wanda said.

But as the two continued to play ring around the rosie with Abigail bouncing on the couch, Princess Celestia came emerging from the front, slamming both doors to the side with her magic.

“AHHHH!” The sound of both doors slamming onto the wall caused Sunset Shimmer to lose her grip on Wanda while Abigail screamed and hid under the sofa. The man’s cub went flying right into a nearby table, knocking over a vase onto the floor, which only bounced a bit before lying down on the side. Princess Celestia looked at the mess Wanda made and her face went into complete shock. She marched over to Wanda, who picked herself up.

“WANDA YOUNG!” Princess Celestia yelled. “What exactly are you thinking?”

Wanda’s eyes shrunk down as she looked up at Princess Celestia.

“Mommy,” Wanda said, shaking heavily. “We were waiting for you to come home and….”

“That is no excuse for you to be that reckless,” Princess Celestia snarled. “You should be ashamed of what you did.”

Wanda’s eyes began to fill up. She cried really loud and ran off in the opposite direction. Sunset Shimmer and Abigail ran up to Celestia as she saw Wanda into a nearby room.

“Mother,” Sunset said. “What were you thinking? This isn’t like you to lash out at Wanda.”

Celestia’s face turned south as she saw Wanda run off into the room. She looked down at Sunset Shimmer, who glared at her adopted mother.

“Oh dear,” Princess Celestia said in a somber tone. “I overdid it again.”

“Yes you did,” Sunset Shimmer said. “We were startled by you when you opened the door like that. You’re letting your time as Princess get the best of you.” Abigail looked at Celestia and nodded her head no.

Princess Celestia’s eyes filled a bit with tears. She looked at the room Wanda ran into and took a few steps towards there.

“You’re right, Sunset,” Celestia said. “I overdid it. I allowed the Banks to get into my head and I took it out on my Darling Wanda. I should be ashamed of what I did.”

Princess Celestia slumped towards the doorway where Wanda ran in and tapped the door frame with her hoof.

“GO AWAY!” Wanda yelled.

Sunset looked at Princess Celestia and nodded to her. The elder alicorn walked through the doorway, where Wanda was crying on a nearby table.

“Wanda,” Celestia said as her tone remained somber. “I think I owe you an explanation for my attitude.”

“I don’t care,” Wanda cried. “You scared me.”

“What I said to you was no excuse for what I did,” Celestia said. “I went rough on you because the Banks forced me to sign a document, and they pressured me into doing so.”

Wanda just ignored Celestia’s plea as she cried on the table.

“I know it won’t make you feel better, my darling,” Celestia said. “But there was a part of me that wanted to cry on the table because of what I had to go through. Even so, that was no excuse for what I did.”

Princess Celestia turned around and started to walk towards the doorway as Wanda began to raise her head up.

“When you’re ready to accept an apology from me,” Celestia said. “I’ll be waiting.”

As Princess Celestia stepped outside the doorway, Wanda looked outside from the dining room she’s in. Everything felt lonely and cold as she wiped a tear from her cheek.

Outside, Princess Celestia walked out as Sunset Shimmer saw the look on her face.

“What happened?” Sunset asked.

“It will take some time before she wishes to accept my apology,” Princess Celestia said. “Until there, there’s nothing more I can do.”

“Mommy.” Princess Celestia and Sunset Shimmer turned around to see Wanda standing outside the doorway. The little human child stood there before she ran up to Princess Celestia and jumped into the air before proceeding to give the big alicorn a big hug.

“Wanda,” Celestia said as she allowed Wanda to land in her arms.

“Please don’t leave me,” Wanda cried. “I’ll be good.”

“No Wanda,” Celestia said as she comforted her daughter. “Like I said, it’s my fault that I scared you like that. I’m sorry for doing that.”

“Apology accepted,” Wanda said as she continued to cry right into Celestia’s chest.

Sunset Shimmer and Abigail watched on as mother and daughter embraced each other.

“Mother’s really going to need a vacation from all this madness,” Sunset said to Abigail. “But both La Maresa and Mount Aris had their tragedies.”

Abigail said nothing but a simple meow as Sunset Shimmer patted her on the head.

“Seems the Banks are getting under your fun, sister.”

Those words came from Princess Luna as she was packing a suitcase with some clothes. Princess Celestia just placed one piece of clothing at a time into her suitcase as she let out a sigh.

“Even so,” Princess Celestia said. “That was no excuse for me to yell at my own daughter. I could have traumatized her for life. Imagine what would have happened if she got the Hay Fever Virus while we were gone.”

“Sister,” Princess Luna said. “It will be alright. Twilight Velvet, Night Light and Princess Cadance have agreed to watch over Wanda and Sunset whine we’re away for a few days. And she will have her friends by her side while we negotiate a treaty with King Myrrh.”

Princess Celestia let out a sigh and said “Okay. I’ll take your word for it. Besides, if Wanda did come down with the Hay Fever Virus, our doctors at the Canterlot Hospital will be able to take care of her.”

“What did I tell ya?” Princess Luna said. “Canterlot was meant to accommodate Wanda, her sisters and her friends. No matter what happens, they will be there when we are not.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Princess Celestia said as her optimism jumped. “Let’s pack up and get ready for the big day in Saddle Arabia.”

As Princess Celestia and Princess Luna continued to pack, they heard a knock at the door.

“Come in,” Princess Celestia said.

The door opened as Majordomo Kibitz stepped in.

“My ladies,” Kibitz said “The wagons are almost primed for tomorrow’s trip to Saddle Arabia. And we have selected two wingmen to accommodate you both.”

“Excellent,” Princess Celestia said. “We’ll be ready when the time is right.”

“I’ll go ahead and let them know,” Majordomo Kibitz said. “It’s too bad I can’t watch over the younglings.”

“I know,” Princess Celestia said as she shut her suitcase tight. “But we need you to ensure that the negotiations are going smoothly. Besides, who knows how to write great speeches better than you?”

“Your majesty,” Majordomo Kibitiz said with a chuckle. “Let’s not overdo it on the complements. Remember to be humble.”

“Yes yes,” Princess Celestia said. “I will.”

“Then I will leave you both to your packing,” Majordomo said as he stepped outside the door frame.

“Oh hold on,” Princess Luna said as she ran after Kibitz. “I think I forgot to pack a spare toothbrush and other toiletries.”

But as Princess Luna stepped out of the room, Princess Celestia’s beaming face turned back into sorrow and worry. She stared down at the floor, looking at if she were staring straight into the void.

“What if Wanda does get the Hay Fever Virus?” Princess Celestia said to herself. “I remember when they gave her the vaccine when she was young. But she developed a nasty case of hives and only got fifteen percent of the immunity. What will I do if Wanda does truly come down with the Hay Fever Virus? All I can do is wait and hope for the best.”

Princess Celestia looked out the door and saw Wanda looking at her. The man’s cub just waved playfully at Princess Celestia as she cracked a smile on her face.

“No,” Princess Celestia said. “Luna’s right. I know Princess Cadance and Twilight Velvet will do a great job at looking after Wanda, Sunset and the other kids. I have faith in them.”

The next day in the afternoon, class at the School for Gifted Unicorns had ended as Wanda Young, Sunset Shimmer and Abigail Albright came running out the door, jumping into the air and landing on the ground, fully excited. Right behind them were Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer and Golden Lace, who just casually walked right behind them.

“Seems those three are excited for our slumber party tonight while Princess Celestia is gone,” Starlight said.

“You have no idea,” Twilight replied. “Mom’s been anticipating the day where she gets to look after the three daughters of Princess Celestia.”

“And I have to thank her for allowing me a place to stay after what my parents did,” Golden Lace said.

“Lace,” Twilight said. “What the Banks did to you was just plain cruel. I know you consider it a sign of freedom. But even you deserve far more than what you had to put up with.”

“I know,” Golden Lace said. “But at the same time, I don’t know if I deserve it, considering what I’ve done to you all in the past.”

“What’s past is past,” Starlight said. “The fact that you chose to atone for what you did says a whole lot.”

“I...I don’t know what to say,” Golden Lace said as she cracked a smile.

“Hey you chumps,” Sunset Shimmer yelled. “Come on. We don’t want to be late for our important date.”

“Coming,” Twilight yelled as she, Starlight and Golden Lace ran down the steps and towards Sunset, Wanda and Abigail.

Later that day, Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Golden Lace, Sunset Shimmer, Wanda Young and Abigail Albright were walking down the streets of Canterlot. Despite the calm environment, there was a hint of excitement within all six individuals. Wanda however, turned her head towards Twilight.

“Hey Twilight,” Wanda asked. “Where’s Spike?”

“Moondancer wanted to look after him for a bit,” Twilight said. “She along with Sunburst and Pinkie Pie will be at the house when we get there.”

“Aww,” Wanda said. “Abigail wanted to play with him.”

Abigail let out a silly meow as the group continued to walk down the street.

Suddenly, a water balloon flies out of nowhere and pegs Sunset Shimmer on the side. Everyone turned around to see Danged Spell levitating another balloon with his magic.

“Hello there, ladies,” Danged Spell said with a grin on his face. “Up for a bout?”

Before anyone could answer, Danged Spell levitated one of the buckets full of water balloons and placed it in front of Twilight, Sunset, Starlight, Golden Lace, Abigail and Wanda. Sunset shook the water off of her body before turning her face towards Danged Spell.

“Okay Spell,” Sunset said as she picked up one of the balloons with her magic. “You asked for it.”

WIth a flick of her horn, Sunset sent the water balloon flying right at Danged Spell’s face. The smug colt raised a magic shield and watched as the balloon splashed right over it.

“My turn,” Danged Spell said as he picked up a water balloon with his magic.

But before he could toss the balloon, Twilight and Starlight were quick to grab their own balloons and proceeded to hit Spell with them. Danged Spell was soaking wet as he aimed his water balloon right at Golden Lace.

“Come on,” Danged Spell said. “You think you’re so tough?”

Danged Spell flung the water balloon right at Golden Lace at a high speed. Lace saw the water balloon flying right towards her and immediately grabbed it with a levitation spell, stopping it in place.

“Clever,” Danged Spell said as he pulled out another water balloon. “Quite clever.”

Danged Spell looked at Twilight, Sunset, Starlight and Golden Lace, who all held their stance as they kept their eyes on the arrogant colt. Spell turns his head and eyes Wanda Young, who just stood there scared stiff. Abigail growled at Danged Spell, who’s smile grew deeper.

“Hehehehe,” Danged Spell said as he held the balloon close. “You’ll be fit to be soaked, Wanda.”

Danged Spell winds up and shoots the water balloon right at Wanda, sending it flying towards her face. Wanda looked at the balloon as her frightened face turned into a clever grin before she ducked under, causing the balloon to fly over her.

“What the?” Danged Spell said. “That’s not fair.”

Danged Spell watched as he saw the water balloon fly away from Wanda. He looked further down and saw Chancellor Cinch walking down the street. His face turned into sheer horror.

“Oh no,” Danged Spell said. “Not again.”

But before anyone could react, the water balloon stopped in mid-air, suspended over the ground by magic. Chancellor Cinch turned towards Danged Spell as her usual stern look turned into a sinister smile.

“You really need to watch where you’re throwing that balloon, young stallion,” Chancellor Cinch said as she pointed the balloon at Danged Spell, who could do nothing but stand there in horror. “You’ll never know who you might hit.”

Chancellor Cinch pulls back the tail end of the balloon with her magic and releases, sending the balloon zipping past Wanda at high speeds, and smacks a helpless Danged Spell right in the face, splashing him with water. Chancellor Cinch’s smile never left her face as she readjusted her glasses.

“Let that be a lesson to you,” Chancellor Cinch said as she let out a subtle chuckle . “The next time you pull that stunt, I may consider buying a Super Soaker just to drench you real good.”

As Chancellor Cinch walked away, Twilight, Starlight, Sunset, Golden Lace and Wanda all laughed at Danged Spell. The young colt just glared at Chancellor Cinch all while steam shot out from his ears.

“COME BACK HERE YOU WICKED WITCH!” Danged Spell yelled. “I WON’T LET ANYONE MAKE A MONKEY OUT OF ME!”

Suddenly, Danged Spell was pelted by a few more water balloons. He turned to his right and saw Wanda and Starlight chucking water balloons in his face. Danged Spell could do nothing but run away in the opposite direction.

“CURSE YOU SNEAKY LITTLE GIRLS,” Danged Spell yelled as he ran for it. “YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!”

As Danged Spell ran off in the opposite direction, Wanda and Starlight laughed really hard as they gave each other a high five. Twilight, Sunset, Golden Lace and Abigail just watched the two enjoy themselves and smiled.

“I have never seen my little sister have this much fun in her life,” Sunset said.

“Well when you have friends,” Twilight said. “They can really lift your spirits.”

“Is that the reason why Friendship is full of magic?” Sunset said.

As Wanda and Starlight danced around, Golden Lace just looked at the duo. Though her smile remained on her face, there was a bit of unease within her soul. Sunset and Twilight turned their attention towards Golden Lace, whose smile was starting to fracture.

“Lace?” Twilight said. “Are you alright?”

“I know what’s going on with you,” Sunset said. “You’re still worried about your past when you were a mean-spirited brat.”

“Yes,” Golden Lace said. “I remember when I said those horrible words towards you all. Especially towards Starlight and Ditzy. But that’s not the only thing.”

“It’s because of your parents,” Twilight said. “By choosing kindness over cruelty, you wound up getting kicked out of the house.”

“And that resulted in me distancing myself from them,” Golden Lace said. “If it means I end up having to live with you, your big brother and Starlight, then I’d rather take what I have now over what I used to have.”

“What matters is that you chose to change for the better, Golden Lace,” Sunset said. “You proved that you were willing to atone for what you did and we were willing to let you. Most importantly, Aunt Novo was able to make you realize the error of your ways.”

“And that’s saying a lot compared to three bullies that you had to encounter,” Twilight said.

“Twilight and Sunset are right, Golden Lace.” The moment those words came out from out of nowhere, everyone turned around to see Princess Celestia hovering over them with a warm smile on her face.

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight said as she took a bow.

“Mother,” Sunset said as she ran up to Princess Celestia.

“Mommy,” Wanda yelled as she ran up to Princess Celestia and gave her a big hug.

“I wasn’t gone for so long, my dear,” Princess Celestia said as she cuddled Wanda.

Sunset turned to Starlight and said “That’s my sister. She’s too attached to mother.”

Starlight Glimmer walked up to Princess Celestia and Wanda Young, and tapped Celestia lightly on the hoof. Celestia and Wanda looked down at little Starlight.

“Aren’t you supposed to be heading towards your carriage so you can fly to Saddle Arabia?” Starlight Glimmer asked.

“Oh that is true, little Starlight,” Princess Celestia said. “But I asked the guards to park it in front of Twilight’s house. You see, I promised I’d walk you over there. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are already waiting for you all.”

“Ohhhh,” Starlight said. “Now I get it.”

“It was something that mother promised all of us, Starlight,” Sunset said as she reached over and rubbed Starlight on the top of her head.

Wanda jumped off of Princess Celestia as the elder alicorn walked up to Golden Lace. Lace just turned her head in shame, prompting Celestia to place her hoof under the youngling’s chin.

“Lace,” Celestia said. “I heard about what happened between you and your parents. I’m terribly sorry that it had to come to this. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it for the moment. But what matters is that there are others who are willing to look after you, to at least care for you.”

“I appreciate everything you’ve done for me, even after all I’ve done,” Golden Lace said. “But at the same time, I wish I could stay with them permanently.”

“I wish for that as well,” Princess Celestia said. “But the Banks are still registered as your parents. In fact, I did try to push to adopt you, or allow another to take you up. But even with the fact that the Banks kicked you out, they managed to block any court in Equestria from taking the case.”

“That’s pretty typical of them,” Golden Lace said as she slumped away from Princess Celestia.

Sunset tapped on Princess Celestia’s arm, causing the alicorn to reach down towards her adopted daughter’s place, where Sunset raised her muzzle towards Celestia’s ear.

“I have a feeling this has been going on since before she came to Equestria,” Sunset whispered.

“Considering that the Banks hold more political power than anyone,” Princess Celestia said. “It’s not a surprise that they can get away with this.”

As Golden Lace began to walk away, Twilight, Starlight, Wanda and Abigail ran up to the golden filly and walked alongside her. Lace looked at Wanda’s face and struggled to turn her head away.

“Hey it’s going to be okay,” Wanda said. “You have us now, and we look after one another.”

“Are you really sure about that?” Golden Lace asked. “What would happen if my parents decided to pull me out of Canterlot and put me in some private school?”

“No matter what,” Twilight said. “We will always be friends to the very end. And nothing is going to change that. Promise?”

Golden Lace let out a sigh, took a deep breath and let out her hoof before she said “Promise.” Twilight Sparkle smiled and grabbed onto Lace’s hoof.

Starlight looked at the two and let out a smile of relief, while Abigail leaped onto her back.

“I sure hope that our friendship doesn’t shatter completely,” Starlight Glimmer siad.

“It won’t,” Wanda said. “As long as we have each other, then that’s what matters the most. Not just Twilight, Sunset, Lace, and the both of us, but also Danged Spell, Sunburst, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Ditzy Doo, Trixie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Unca Bright Mac’s daughter Applejack.”

“Especially Trixie,” Starlight said. “I can’t wait to show her my cutie mark. And maybe your cutie mark as well.”

Wanda blushed and said “Well, let’s not get too carried away.”

As the four younglings walked down the street, Princess Celestia and Sunset Shimmer just watched on with smiles on their faces.

“You’re fortunate to have great friends, including your sisters, Sunset,” Princess Celestia said.

“Yeah,” Sunset said. “But we’re all going to miss you while you’re gone. I sure hope nothing bad will happen to you.”

“Nothing will,” Princess Celestia said. “This is going to be a short trip to Saddle Arabia between me and Princess Luna. Afterwards, we’ll come back and bring you all home. You have my word on that.”

Sunset leaped into the air and cheered really loud, attracting the attention of Wanda, Abigail, Twilight, Starlight and Golden Lace. Sunset looked at her friends in front and just blushed in embarrassment.

“Now now, Sunset,” Celestia laughed. “Let’s take you and the others to Twilight’s place so you all can spend some time with Princess Cadance and the others.”

To Be Continued in….

Saddle Arabia Blues

PreviousChapters Next