• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,935 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,935

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 17-5: Even More Trouble at the Gala

Even More Trouble at the Gala

Outside in the garden, Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst ran as fast as possible while the animals were running right behind them in fear of their lives. The duo ran underneath a hollow tree stump and hid while the animals ran off around the stump.

“What’s gotten in with Fluttershy?” Starlight said. “I know she’s an animal lover. But this is ridiculous.”

Sunburst looked outside and said “What’s even more ridiculous are all these animals. Who would they want to be near us? Aren’t they supposed to be afraid of us ponies?”

As the animals ran from the tree stump, Fluttershy ran through the garden, marching her hoof through the dirt beneath her. Starlight and Sunburst hid deeper in the stump while Fluttershy makes her way through.

“Come back here my little cuddly-wuddlies,” Fluttershy said with a hint of insanity in her voice. “I wanna hug you and squeeze you and love you to itty pieces.”

As Fluttershy ran off, Starlight and Sunburst stuck their heads out, watching as the filly pegasus ran off towards the animals.

“Wow,” Starlight said. “That is something out of my own nightmares, and that’s saying a lot.”

“Your own what?” Sunburst said.

“Believe me,” Starlight replied. “I once had a nightmare involving encountering something like that, except she’s a human like Wanda without the wings or magic and she had strength that could rival a bear.”

Sunburst gulped hard. He turned to Starlight and said “That is something I don’t want to see at all in my dreams.”

As Starlight and Sunburst hid in the tree stump, a few squirrels popped out nearby, shaking really hard as they looked outside.

Nearby, in the garden, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire walked through. Their mood was still sour and they stared at the grass.

“I can’t believe Airazor is still held up by fans,” Rainbow Dash said. “Doesn’t she have the time for La Maresa’s savior?”

“She hasn't had the time for me, either,” Spitfire said.

“You as well?” Rainbow Dash said as she came to a stop.

“Yeah,” Spitfire said as she sat down at a nearby bench. “Ever since I was accepted into Airazor’s junior Wonderbolt academy, I always dreamed of leading the Wonderbolts. To be the very pony Airazor’s been. But lately, too much dedication towards the fans has dug into schedule. She’s barely had the time to be on the field as a Wonderbolt, let alone pay any attention to me.”

Rainbow Dash got up on the bench and sat right next to Spitfire. She approached the junior Wonderbolt and said “Wow. I didn’t know about that.”

“It’s been like that for more than six months,” Spitfire said as she kicked her legs into the air. “There’s a part of me that wants to quit this program and go start up some random independent stunt group. Maybe call it the Washouts or something like that.”

Rainbow Dash put her arm around Spitfire’s back, causing the junior Wonderbolt to look up at her.

“Hey, we get frustrated by these kinds of things,” Rainbow Dash said. “I bet you’re not alone in this world, considering that I still have to show my skills to Airazor. In fact, I have a feeling our friends aren’t having the best of times in that Gala.”

“How so?” Spitfire asked.

“I’ve been hearing word about what’s going on throughout the Gala,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Word has it that Princess Celestia’s telescope was busted down by a crazed fan. Rarity is having a hard time with Prince Blueblood. And there is word going on about Senator Twinkle Wish’s mistreatment towards Wanda. Gossip flies faster than I can fly.”

“Wow,” Spitfire said. “I guess we all feel neglected in this day and age.”

Rainbow Dash got up on her four hooves and said “Tell ya what. If you want, I can show you the true power of Rainbow Dash. Without resorting to a Sonic Rainboom.”

“Yeah, I know,” Spitfire said. “Princess Wanda breaks down in pain when that happens.”

As Spitfire got back up on her four hooves, she noticed Baby Silverstream flying towards her and Rainbow Dash.

“Hey Rainbow,” Spitfire said. “Is that a baby hippogriff flying towards us?”

Rainbow Dash looked up and saw Silverstream. She turned towards Spitfire and said “That’s Queen Novo’s niece Silverstream. I think she has a message.”

But before Silverstream could fly closer, three blurs flew out of nowhere and grabbed the little hippogriff before flying off with a menacing laugh. Rainbow Dash and Spitfire jumped off the bench and landed on the ground.

“What just happened?” Spitfire said.

“I know what happened,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Hoops, Dumbbell and Score. Three of the nastiest bullies who were banished from La Maresa for their pranks. They took Silverstream away.”

“Then come on,” Spitfire said as she scratched her hoof on the dirt. “Let’s send those goons into a tailspin.”

Spitfire and Rainbow Dash extended their wings and flew upwards as Hoops, Dumbbell and Score looked down at the duo. Hoops held Baby Silverstream with his arms, causing the hippogriff to cry out.

“Hey boss,” Score said. “What do you suppose we should do with this chicken?”

“Well this chicken is capable of flight,” Hoops said. “Why don’t we show her how real ponies fly?”

Hoops, Dumbbell and Score laughed really hard as they extended their wings and descended downwards towards the castle. Rainbow Dash and Spitfire chased after the two in hot pursuit.

“Give back the niece of Queen Novo,” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“You want the bird back?” Dumbbell yelled. “Come and get us, Rainbow Crash.”

“Ooooh,” Rainbow Dash said. “Those jerks always peeve me off.”

Rainbow Dash and Spitfire zoomed as fast as possible, inching closer towards the three boys. Hoops looked behind and nodded to his group as they turned upwards and flew towards the sky.

“Oh no you don’t,” Rainbow Dash said as she and Spitfire followed the group upwards.

Hoops, Dumbbell and Score flew as high as possible, all while Hoops kept a tight grip on Silverstream. The baby hippogriff cried out loud as Hoops laughed really hard.

“So you want to stick by your principles and not perform a Sonic Rainboom,” Hoops said. “Well fate says you have to.”

The moment Hoops, Dumbbell and Score reached above the clouds, then began to descend downwards towards the castle, falling as fast as possible. Rainbow Dash caught the trio diving downward.

“They’re getting away,” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“After them,” Spitfire said.

Immediately, Spitfire and Rainbow Dash made a hard u-turn and dove after Hoops, Dumbbell and Score, flying downwards faster and faster.

“You give back Queen Novo’s niece you jerks,” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“You want the chicken?” Hoops yelled. “You gotta catch us.”

With that, Hoops, Dumbbell and Score laughed really hard as they dove in faster and faster. Rainbow Dash folded her wings back and began to dive faster towards the group.

“I’m not going to repeat myself again,” Rainbow Dash yelled. “Give her back.”

“You can’t make us,” Score yelled.

“Yeah,” Dumbbell replied. “Why don’t you get lost, ya pair of snowflakes.”

“No pony calls us snowflakes and GETS AWAY WITH IT!” Spitfire yelled.

Rainbow Dash and Spitfire dove faster and faster as they inched closer towards the group. But unbeknownst to Rainbow Dash, a cone began to form around her and it began to close faster and faster. Spitfire took notice and began to freak out.

“Uhh Dash,” Spitfire said.

“Not now,” Rainbow Dash replied. “There’s a life at stake.”

Immediately, Spitfire opened her wings up and began to slow her descent. Rainbow Dash looked at Spitfire and was rather surprised.

“Now why would she want to bail?” Rainbow Dash said.

But as she turned around, she noticed the cone around her was almost completely small. Her eyes shrunk down at the revelation.

“Oh horse apples,” Rainbow Dash said. “Wanda’s not going to like this.”

In an immediate burst, a rainbow shockwave emitted from Rainbow Dash as she took off with a rainbow stream around her legs.

Meanwhile, inside the locked room, Wanda landed on the ground, holding her head in pain and screamed really loud as the entire interior shook violently.

“What’s going on?” Prince Hoofar said.

“Wanda has a weakness,” Golden Lace said. “When the Sonic Rainboom goes off, she breaks down in immense pain.”

“Somehow,” Pinkie Pie said. “I have a funny feeling Rainbow Dash just pulled off a Sonic Rainboom while we weren’t looking.”

“You’re absolutely right,” Cozy Glow said as she looked out the window, seeing the Rainboom go off. “It looked like Rainbow Dash and another pegasi just went after three individuals. I think they might have grabbed Silverstream.”

“You’re kidding, right?” Golden Lace said as she walked up to Wanda and held her tight while Abigail stood by the group.

“I think it’s those three bullies again,” Pinkie Pie said. “Something tells me they tricked Rainbow Dash into pulling off the Sonic Rainboom.”

Prince Hoofar looked up at the window and saw the rainboom go off. Ocellus took Hoofar’s side as they saw the rainboom together.

“I’m scared, Hoofar,” Baby Ocellus said.

“Mother help us all,” Prince Hoofar said.

Back in the ballroom, everyone held down as the room shook for a bit from the rainboom going off. Danged Spell and Moondancer, who had just walked through the doorway, quickly held onto the arch for dear life until the shaking stopped. The two let go and landed on their butts.

“Did Rainbow Dash just….pull off a Sonic Rainboom?” Moondancer asked.

“I’m afraid so,” Danged Spell said. “Even after she knew that would harm Wanda.”

“She’s got a lot to explain about,” Moondancer replied. “A whole lot.”

Outside, Rainbow Dash flew as fast as possible while being surrounded by a rainbow trail. Hoops looked behind her and began to freak out.

“Boys,” Hoops said. “We got an angry pegasus about to approach us. Let’s dump the chicken.”

Dumbbell and Score nodded as Hoops let Silverstream go. The baby hippogriff flew away from the three bullies and towards Rainbow Dash, who came to a complete stop.

“Silverstream,” Rainbow Dash said as the baby grabbed onto her. “Are you alright?”

Hoops glanced coldly at Rainbow Dash as Dumbbell and Score stood right next to him.

“This ain’t over, Rainbow Smashed,” Score said. “We may have succeeded in tricking you into pulling off the Rainboom. But mark our words. We will make sure you never set your sights on the Wonderbolts, or any organization, EVER!”

“You bet on it,” Score and Dumbell yelled.

But as they finished talking, Hoops, Dumbbell and Score overheard someone yell out “SPITFIRE KICK!” The three bullies turned to their left as Spitfire delivered a powerful flaming kick, sending the three flying off into the distance.

“That,” Spitfire said. “Was for endangering a hippogriff baby, and tricking Rainbow Dash into pulling off a Sonic Rainboom when she’s not supposed to.”

Spitfire turned towards Rainbow Dash, who held Silverstream in a warm hug. The bright yellow pegasi flew over to the rainbow-maned youngling, who looked up at the junior Wonderbolt.

“I’m sorry I pulled off the Sonic Rainboom,” Rainbow Dash said. “I can only imagine the pain Wanda must be going through, and how critical everyone is going to be because of that stunt.”

“I know how you feel,” Spitfire said. “But one thing is that we have Silverstream safe with us. We have to get back to the castle and let Queen Novo know about this. We’ll worry about your consequences later.”

“You’re right,” Rainbow Dash said. “Let’s do this.”

Rainbow Dash held Silverstream right as she and Spitfire flew back towards the castle.

Meanwhile, inside the ballroom, Princess Luna, Trixie, Ditzy Doo and Sunset Shimmer approached Senator Twinkle Wish, who was merely taking a bite out of some hor d’oeuvres.

“Senator Twinkle Wish,” Princess Luna said. “What is the meaning of this?”

Senator Wish swallowed the food she put in her mouth, wiped her muzzle clean and said “What exactly do you mean?”

“It’s about Princess Wanda,” Princess Luna said.

“You said some nasty stuff to her, stating that she belongs in Tatarus, or the Deadlands,” Sunset said.

“And you had the gall to wreck my magic act,” Trixie yelled.

Senator Wish just smiled and said “Oh please. You’re going to believe a pair of juvenile delinquents.”

“I believe them far more than I believe scum like you,” Princess Luna said. “So why don’t you explain to me why you did all that?”

“For my own amusement, I shall.” Senator Wish said as she cleared her throat and adjusted the collar on her dress. “It’s true. I did smash up that box that the brats were using for their juvenile magic. And I yelled at that so-called niece of yours.”

Princess Luna and Sunset Shimmer’s jaws dropped to the floor from that revelation. Trixie just fainted with Ditzy Doo proceeding to fan the magician with her hoof.

“Why exactly are you confessing to this?” Princess Luna said. “Do you know what would happen if Princess Celestia found out?”

“Oh I know what will happen,” Senator Twinkle Wish said with a smug look on her face. “She’s going to do nothing. And you want to know why?”

“I’m all ears,” Luna said with a cold tone. “So why don’t you tell me.”

“Oh I shall,” Twinkle Wish said with a laugh. “As a close friend of the Banks, I am also aligned with the number of news networks across Equestria. In fact, you can say we have every news station you can think of. The moment your sister lashes out at me, we’ll humiliate her and her daughter with an attack piece. She’ll be reined in like the good little puppy she is.”

Princess Luna was in total shock. Senator Twinkle Wish just looked at the younger princess with a smirk on her face and began to walk off.

“Oh and by the way,” Senator Wish said. “That was why I confessed to my crime. To rub it in your face that your status as princess means nothing to you. Never forget that.”

As Senator Twinkle Wish walked off, Princess Luna just stood there with her jaw dropped to the floor. Sunset Shimmer, Trixie and Ditzy Doo approached the alicorn and began tapping on her.

“Equestria to Aunt Luna,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Aunt Luna. Are you there?”

Luna shook her head and looked down at Sunset Shimmer, Trixie and Ditzy Doo.

“Sorry about that,” Princess Luna said. “But what that Senator said to me just got under my fur.”

“So there’s nothing we can do about Senator Twinkle Wish?” Trixie asked.

“Aside from a random miracle or a catastrophe, no,” Princess Luna replied.

“So what can we do about it?” Ditzy Doo asked.

As Princess Luna thought really hard on Ditzy’s words, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Princess Luna turned to her left and saw Airazor standing right next to her.

“Airazor,” Princess Luna said. “Where’s Spitfire and Rainbow Dash?”

“That’s what has been concerning me,” Airazor replied. “Rainbow Dash told me that she doesn’t use the Sonic Rainboom because it causes Princess Wanda to collapse in pain.”

“I’m afraid what she said was true,” Sunset Shimmer replied.

“Well I’m afraid I found out Rainbow Dash did use the Sonic Rainboom,” Airazor replied.

“That explains the small quake we felt in the ballroom,” Princess Luna replied.

“That reminds me,” Sunset said. “Where’s Wanda? I thought she was with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.”

“I think Rainbow Dash owes us a big explanation,” Airazor replied. “Spitfire as well.”

But as Airazor turned around, she was surrounded by a number of Wonderbolt fans, who held up their autograph books. Airazor’s face went bleak as she pulled out a pen from her mane.

“On second thought,” Airazor said. “It will have to wait till the Gala ends.”

As Airazor began signing autographs, Sunset Shimmer looked up at Princess Luna, who let out a depressed sigh.

“This night is getting worse and worse,” Luna said.

“Wanda and the others have gone missing,” Sunset replied. “Rainbow Dash pulls off a Sonic Rainboom, Airazor’s pre-occupied with autographs, and Princess Celestia is pre-occupied with introducing herself to the guests.”

“At this point,” Princess Luna said. “I wonder if it was a better idea to cancel the Gala this year instead of going through with it.”

Nearby at the entrance to the ballroom, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem and Gad Zookes came through to see every pony dancing the night away.

“A lovely night this is, my dear,” Buck WIthers said.

“IT sure is,” Lemony Gem said. “But honestly, after seeing what Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle had been going through, I only wish they could just break out of that trance and enjoy themselves here.”

“It’s not that easy,” Gad Zookes said. “Princess Celestia is responsible for greeting each guest at the Grand Gallopin Gala. To convince her otherwise is to neglect her duties as Princess of Equestria.”

“So it looks like they’re going to miss out on the fun,” Buck Withers said. “Honestly, I feel sorry for both of them just for having to go through that nightmare.”

“So how exactly can we convince Princess Celestia to just kick back and have fun?” Lemony Gem asked.

“I don’t know,” Buck Withers replied. “The life of a royalty is starting to become more complicated to understand.”

“Well speaking of which,” Gad Zookes said as he tapped Buck Withers on the shoulder. “Guess who decided to show up.”

Gad Zookes pointed Buck Withers to Prince Blueblood, who was walking through the ballroom with the guests stepping aside. Right next to him was Rarity, who looked more and more anxious.

“That’s Prince Blueblood,” Buck WIthers said. “I heard about him. Not the brightest colt in the family.”

“For a pony who’s Princess Celestia and Princess Luna’s nephew,” Lemony Gem said. “He’s certainly got the stench of the Banks.”

“I feel sorry for that little filly who’s hooked up to that self-centered narcissist,” Gad Zookes said.

“Do you think we should intervene?” Buck Withers asked.

“No,” Gad Zookes replied. “Something tells me that filly is going to snap sooner or later.”

Buck Withers, Gad Zookes and Lemony Gem looked on as Rarity and Prince Blueblood walked over to one of the food tables with Applejack, Bright Mac, Buttercup, Big Mac and Granny Smith.

“Rarity,” Applejack said. “It’s been getting quiet on our end since the Gala started. Not that many ponies have been coming by our food stand.”

“Oh dear,” Rarity said as she looked at all the apple-themed food decorated and untouched on the table. “All that wonderful food, and barely any pony has eaten it.”

“Princess Celestia hired us just to cater to the ponies here at the Gala,” Bright Mac said. “But what point is that if the guests barely take a piece, let alone a bite?”

“Well,” Rarity said. “If it makes you feel better, I might as well have a taste of your delectables.”

“Rarity,” Granny Smith said. “I’ve known you since you became friends with Applejack, and you have always enjoyed the apple fritters I’ve made.”

“But of course, Granny Smith,” Rarity said as she and Applejack took a separate apple fritter from the plate.

“At least good friends are still by your side, Rarity,” Applejack said.

“But of course, Applejack,” Rarity replied as the two tapped their apple fritter in a cheer before taking a bite.

Prince Blueblood looked at the food being offered on the table and picked up an apple crumb cake with his magic.

“How bad can these things be?” Prince Blueblood said to himself before he took a bite.

As Prince Blueblood sunk his teeth into the apple crumb cake, his face began to gag and he spat out the food into a nearby trash can, shocking Granny Smith, Bright Mac, Buttercup, Big Mac, Applejack and Rarity.

“What in my aunt’s name have I eaten?” Prince Blueblood yelled. “This stuff tastes like it belongs at a carnival.”

“Now listen here you distasteful duke,” Granny Smith said. “We poured our heart and soul into these goodies to remind ponies the tastes of La Maresa. Especially after many are hesitant to return after the Windigo’s Guild terrorized our town.”

“Well whatever your soul is when it comes to this garbage,” Prince Blueblood said as he placed the bitten crumb cake on top of Granny Smith’s head. “It pales in comparison to the Manehattan hor d'oeuvres that are being offered.”

Prince Blueblood began to walk off from the apple family as they all stared at that snobby prince. Even Rarity’s face began to twitch in anger.

“Rarity,” Applejack said. “I know you said you wanted to meet your dream prince. But that guy sounds more like a real nightmare.”

“Oh tell me about it,” Rarity said in a cold tone. “I’m about ready to tell this guy off for insulting fare La Maresa.”

As Prince Blueblood walked away, he spied four baskets with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara giggling away. He glanced over at Sweetie Belle and began to pick her up.

“You look like a little cutie,” Prince Blueblood said. “Why hang around with these delinquents and live with a real stallion?”

But as Prince Blueblood held her up, Sweetie Belle began to cry really loud.

“Aww,” Prince Blueblood said. “She’s showing her true affection.”

The moment Rarity saw Prince Blueblood holding up Sweetie Belle, her teeth began to clench and she marched over to that stubborn colt.

“Listen, mister,” Rarity said as her voice began to grow. “I’ve put up with your comments about my friends for a long time. But the fact that you went and insulted the heritage of La Maresa, and have the gall to pick my baby sister up like he’s your child is taking things too far.”

“Why is this taking things too far?” Prince Blueblood said as he held the crying Baby Sweetie Belle “I’m just teaching her that she has a better place in the world compared to your hick town of La Maresa.

Rarity’s eyes shrunk down over what Prince Blueblood said. Applejack, Bright Mac, Buttercup, and Big Mac watched from the table and became disgusted over PRince Blueblood’s choice of words. Nearby, Buck Withers and Lemony Gem’s jaws dropped down while Gad Zookes got a glance at Prince Blueblood.

“So this is where the filly snaps at the charmless prince,” Buck Withers said. “I’m glad I was never raised that way.”

“What do you suppose she’ll do to that spoiled brat?” Lemony Gem asked.

“Perhaps is the time to intervene before things get worse,” Gad Zookes replied.

Immediately, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem and Gad Zookes approached Rarity and stood right behind her.

“Little lady,” Buck Withers said as he stood firm behind Rarity. “We’ll take it from here.”

Rarity held her hoof up at Buck Withers and said “I appreciate the help, Mr Withers. But I’ll take it from here. Not just for my sister’s sake, but for the pride of La Maresa.”

To Be Continued in….

Food Fight at the Gala

Author's Note:

Uh-Oh. This wasn't suppose to end like this compared to the original episode of MLP: Friendship is Magic. And considering what the next part is, well it's going to get a whole lot worse.

PreviousChapters Next