• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,935 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,935

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 18-6: Crisis at the Castle

Crisis outside the Castle

Sunset Shimmer continued to hold her ground at the Grand Foyer of the Castle, dodging Princess Chrysalis’s blasts of energy. Right near her was Abigail, trying to leap at Princess Chrysalis II’s face, missing every time due to the changeling’s quick movements.

“Give it up, already,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “At this moment, my mother’s horde and the Windigo’s Guild have captured your friends and are going to turn them into fellow changelings.”

“NEVER,” Sunset Shimmer yelled before she fired off a blast of magic from her horn. Chrysalis II dodged the shot and returned fire with her own magic. Sunset was quick to dodge the shot before she jumped behind the staircase.

“You’re getting far too predictable,” Chrysalis II said as Sunset hid behind the staircase. “You’re using the same tactics over and over again. What are you doing? Stalling for time?”

Sunset barely looked up as she looked outside the front gate, with a number of changelings observing the outside. Her eyes also caught Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who stood there watching and waiting.

“Oh and by the way,” Chrysalis II said. “Our special stone blocks out Alicorn magic. That way, your so-called mommy and aunt won’t be able to rescue you or your friends at all. So deal with it.”

Sunset paid no attention to Chrysalis II’s words. She stood there behind the staircase, waiting patiently for Chrysalis II to make the next move. Though she had her eyes set on Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, Sunset Shimmer never made another inch.

“Oh and by the way,” Chrysalis II said. “I have your cat.”

“What?” Sunset Shimmer said as her eyes shrunk down.

“That’s right,” Chrysalis II said. “Your feline friend made the mistake of attacking me when you abandoned her. So you know what I’m going to do? I’m going to point my horn right at her and roast her with my magic. How do you like that?”

Sunset’s tone began to change from calm to angry. She shook violently as she repeatedly tapped the side of the staircase and dug her back hooves into the carpet of the castle.

“It won’t be long,” Chrysalis II said with a laugh. “In fact, it’s been a long time since I had cat flambé. My favorite dish.

“YOU LEAVE MY SISTER’S COMPANION ALONE!” Sunset Shimmer yelled as she jumped out from behind the staircase and fired right at Chrysalis II, who was holding Abigail by the scruff of her neck. Chrysalis II dodged out of the way and immediately returned fire, hitting Sunset square in the face and knocked her to the floor.

“Hahahahaha,” Chrysalis II laughed as she flew over Sunset Shimmer, still holding a scared Abigail by the scruff of her neck. “You were so easy to rile up. And besides. I don’t even like the taste of cat.”

With that, Chrysalis II dropped Abigail right on Sunset’s tummy. Abigail’s claws dug right into Sunset’s fur, causing the filly to scream in pain.

“You double-crossing brat,” Sunset yelled as she winced in pain while Abigail held on. “You did that on purpose so you could lure me out.”

“You’re correct on that,” Chrysalis II said as she pointed her horn at Sunset Shimmer. “But unlike what your feline friend did, my strike won’t hurt much. In fact, you can say that I’ll give you anesthesia before you both become changelings.”

Princess Chrysalis II pointed her horn at Sunset Shimmer and Abigail, glowing brightly with each passing second. Sunset Shimmer just lied there staring at Chrysalis II’s smug face while Abigail glared at the changeling, hissing wildly.

“Savor this moment,” Chrysalis II said. “For when this is over, you both will be reborn.”

Suddenly, Chrysalis II was blasted in the back by a blast of magic, sending her flying and dissipating her own magic. Abigail jumped off Sunset’s tummy area, leaving some scratch wounds on the surface, while she looked up at Chrysalis II. The changeling filly slammed right into a back wall and fell to the ground, losing consciousness upon impact.

“Wha?” Sunset Shimmer said as she looked up at Chrysalis II after the bug princess fell to the ground. “What just happened?”

Sunset Shimmer shifted her head in front of her to see Prince Blueblood walk up right next to his own cousin. Sunset’s own face was in total disbelief.

“C….cousin Blueblood?” Sunset said as her jaw hung open.

Prince Blueblood reached his arm out and said “Here. Let me help you up.”

Sunset Shimmer did not know what to say. She reached out with her hoof and Prince Blueblood grabbed it, slowly lifting Sunset up on her butt. Sunset slowly got back onto her four hooves, paying close attention to the scratch marks on her tummy. Abigail looked up at the scratch marks on Sunset’s tummy and let out a sad meow.

“I...I don’t know what to say,” Sunset said. “Early ago….you were as arrogant as ever. And now, you just saved my bacon from Chrysalis II.”

“Part of it was seeing your own mother lose her own temper in the ballroom,” Prince Blueblood. “And part of it was seeing the changelings and Windigo’s Guild invade.”

“This is going to take some time to get into my head,” Sunset Shimmer said.

“But it won’t take long for any of us to escape.” Sunset Shimmer and Prince Blueblood turned towards the northern hallway to see Prince Hoofar come running down with Captain Airazor by her side. Right behind them were Rainbow Dash with Baby Scootaloo riding on her back along with Spitfire, Danged Spell, Moondancer, Rarity, Applejack, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Pinkie Pie, Baby Ocellus, Fluttershy, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Ditzy Doo, Trixie, Bright Mac, Buttercup with Baby Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Filthy Rich, Spoiled Rich with Baby Diamond Tiara and a number of Wonderbolts leading them through.

“You’re all here,” Sunset Shimmer said. “That means we can break through.” Those words caused the changelings and cultists outside the castle to become a bit nervous.

“Oh break through is an understatement,” Rainbow Dash said as Baby Scootaloo cheered in her seat. “We’re going to knock those goons into next week.”

“And then we’re going to chew them up and spit them out,” Danged Spell said in a mocking tone.

“And then we’ll blast them into Cucamane-ga,” Pinkie Pie said as she pulled out her party cannon and gently rubbed it till confetti burst out of it.

“And we’re going to pulverize them into tiny, itty bitty little pieces,” Fluttershy yelled, causing the entire group to just stare at the little filly like she was completely psychotic. Fluttershy just looked at everyone and said with embarrassment “Uhh, I mean we will escape.”

“Also,” Golden Lace said. “We’re going to give their leaders a piece of our mind. And then…”

Suddenly, Cozy Glow tapped Golden Lace on her shoulder and said “Uhh, not to break it to you. But look outside.”

Everyone took a look outside, looking at the entrance. The changelings and cultists were no longer guarding the front gate, and there was Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and Queen Novo waving to everyone.

“They’re all waiting for us,” Starlight Glimmer said as she waved back. “Come on.”

“Well I’ll be blessed,” Granny Smith said. “We’re finally going to be out of this nightmare.”

Sunset Shimmer and Abigail ran off towards Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and Queen Novo as Rainbow Dash with Scootaloo on her back, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Spitfire, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow, Baby Ocellus, Bright Mac, Buttercup with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Filthy Rich, Spoiled Rich with Diamond Tiara, Airazor, the Wonderbolts and the animals ran after the young princess. But Prince Blueblood and Prince Hoofar looked down at the unconscious Princess Chrysalis II.

“Something’s not right,” Prince Blueblood said. “Those changelings and cultists just disappeared without a trace. It’s like we’re running head first into a trap.”

“Very observant,” Prince Hoofar said. “We must keep close to them in case the trap is sprung.”

Prince Blueblood and Prince Hoofar turned their heads away from Princess Chrysalis II and ran outside towards the rest of the group.

Back inside, a splash of water lands on Princess Chrysalis II’s face as she gets up in a total shock. She jumped up on her bottom area and shook the water off her face.

“Mother,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “What’d you do that for?”

Queen Chrysalis emerged from the shadows and said “My dear daughter. I just wanted to let you know that we’ve lured the princesses and all their friends into a trap.”

“A trap, eh?” Princess Chrysalis II said.

Coldnelius Snap emerged from another part of the shadows with two cultists by his side. He approached the two changeling royals and said “We had to hold back just slightly just to give all of them a false sense of security. Once they unite, we strike.”

“Excellent,” Queen Chrysalis said. “All that is left to deal with is the Man’s Cub, the Chancellor, and Princess Celestia’s Ex-Student.”

“Leave that to me,” Coldnelius Snap said with a devilish grin on his face.

Outside, Sunset Shimmer ran up to Princess Celestia and gave the alicorn a big hug as Abigail leaped atop Celestia’s head. The younglings sans Ocellus, Blueblood and Hoofar ran up and embraced Princess Luna and Princess Cadance, while the adults mingled with the surviving guests.

“Mother,” Sunset Shimmer said as she gave Celestia a big hug. “We all made it.”

“And I’m glad to see that you and your friends are safe, Sunset Shimmer,” Princess Celestia said as Abigail meowed on top of the alicorn’s head.

Baby Ocellus looked at the other younglings embrace Luna and Cadance when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. She looked beside her and saw Baby Silverstream give her a hug while she cooed.

"Hey cut that out, Baby Ocellus giggled. "That tickles."

Queen Novo and Princess Skystar chuckled as Baby Silverstream and Baby Ocellus embraced each other.

"It's amazing that Silverstream is quick to find a friend in that little pipsqueak," Queen Novo said.

"Yeah," Princess Skystar said. "But it's a real shame that Queen Chrysalis considers her an outcast and a traitor. I wonder what we can do?"

"That's a good point, my daughter," Queen Novo said. "Perhaps we might consider adopting her in the event something horrible happened to her parents."

"You really think so?" Princess Skystar asked with excitement.

"But only if she can adapt to our world," Queen Novo said. "And judging by her skills, I believe she is more than capable of doing so."

Danged Spell and Moondancer stepped away from Princess Luna as Buck Withers, Lemony Gem and Gad Zookes approached the two younglings. It didn’t take long for Danged Spell to wave towards the trio as they approached him and Moondancer.

“It’s great that you’re alright, Spell,” Buck Withers said. “You’re a tough pony, through and through.”

“Of course we are,” Danged Spell said. “But truth be told, even with my Wolf’s Breath Curse, I was still scared.”

“We were all scared,” Lemony Gem said. “But I think we’ll all be safe for the time being.”

“Thank goodness,” Moondancer said. “That means no more changelings and cultists to worry about.”

“By Celestia’s majestic mane,” Gad Zookes said. “If any of them were to come around, Buck Withers would knock them to the ground and raze their homes.”

“Now now,” Buck Withers said. “I may be a hero to the kids. But I’m not a barbarian.”

“Whoops,” Gad Zookes said with an embarrassing blush. “Sorry Mr Withers. My bad.”

Rainbow Dash stopped right next to Princess Luna as Spitfire unfastened Scootaloo from her seat belt, picked her up and placed her in Buttercup’s saddlebag right next to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. The three babies embraced each other as Spitfire flew up to Captain Airazor.

“Looks like we all did it, ma’am,” Spitfire said. “Everyone is accounted for.”

“And you and Rainbow Dash did an excellent job in helping out,” Airazor said. “The Wonderbolts would be proud of you both.”

“Well there is someone who does deserve more of the credit,” Spitfire said as she pointed her hoof at Rainbow Dash, who waved back at Airazor.

“And she does,” Airazor said. “Come on.”

Airazor and Spitfire flew down towards Rainbow Dash, who proceeded to stand firm towards the duo.

“Rainbow Dash,” Airazor said. “I wish to personally thank you for helping out tonight. You proved to be more than an ally, but a candidate worthy of being a Wonderbolt.”

“You really mean it?” Rainbow Dash said.

“You bet,” Spitfire said. “In fact, you might want to consider joining the Junior Wonderbolt program.”

“But should you do so,” Airazor said. “I won’t go easy on you. In fact, I will be pushing you to your limits if you join the program. Are you perfectly clear with that?”

Rainbow Dash saluted Airazor and said “YES MA’AM!”

Applejack walked up to Rainbow Dash and said “Well what do you know. Our close friend has become a one of a kind Wonderbolt.”

Pinkie Pie grabbed Rainbow Dash and gave her a big hug before saying “Oooh, I can’t wait to see you become a blue angel to us all, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash struggled to breathe from Pinkie’s hug as she said “Oh...you’ll bet.”

Nearby, Golden Lace looked around the entire group of ponies and noticed something was off. She turned towards Filthy Rich.

“I don’t see my mom or dad anywhere,” Golden Lace said. “Do you suppose they took off without warning?”

Filthy Rich couldn’t figure out what to say. He turned towards the castle entrance to see Silver Banks walking out with Gold Banks right next to him. The latter looked really upset as the former looked depressed.

“I think there’s your answer,” Filthy Rich said as he pointed to Gold and Silver Banks.

Gold and Silver Banks made it across the bridge and touched the soft grass of the front garden. Gold Banks jumped away from Silver and started kissing the ground.

“Oh thank me,” Gold Banks said as she kissed the ground. “I was hoping we would be out of that mess.”

“Honey,” Silver Banks said. “You’re making a complete fool of yourself in front of everyone.”

Golden Lace and Filthy Rich watch as Silver Banks helps Gold Banks up onto her four legs.

“I’ll talk with your father about you moving down to La Maresa,” Filthy Rich said to Golden Lace. “You better go chat with your friends.”

Golden Lace nodded as Filthy RIch ran towards Silver and Gold Banks. The little filly walked up to Spoiled Rich and looked down at Baby Diamond Tiara.

“Well hello there, cousin,” Golden Lace said as Diamond Tiara just giggled in her face. “Looks like you’re going to have to get used to me from here on out when this day’s over. But I don’t think I can get used to living in La Maresa once I say my final good-byes.”

“Well it’s not going to be forever. Besides, you still have some friends by your side.” Golden Lace turned her head to see Cozy Glow flying up to the sad unicorn filly.

“Cozy,” Golden Lace said. “Are you still looking out for me?”

“As I have,” Cozy Glow said as she pointed to Rainbow Dash, Pinkie PIe, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Trixie. “And as I said, you have some friends by your side to at least keep you comfy.”

“I know,” Golden Lace said. “But it’s more like I’m really going to miss Canterlot, no matter how chaotic it gets from my parents, or from these hooligans that gave us a hard time.”

“Like I said,” Cozy Glow said. “I’ll be there for you if you need it. In fact, I think I could convince Princess Celestia to allow Wanda and Sunset to visit you when you need it the most. Maybe the others as well.”

“But what about your mother?” Golden Lace asked.

“You mean Magistrate Creme Dream?” Cozy Glow replied. “I don’t intend on returning to her. I left because I didn’t like how she treated me. And I hope I never have to again. If it means having to live with you in La Maresa, then so be it.”

“Then,” Golden Lace said. “I hope we do get to be true sisters.”

Cozy Glow said nothing as she and Golden Lace hugged each other under the moonlit sky. Spoiled Rich turned her head towards the two youngsters as Diamond Tiara giggled at them.

“Yes my dear,“ Spoiled Rich said. “Soon, this nightmare will be over and we can all return home to La Maresa. Though I hope this doesn’t put a strain on future events.”

Nearby, Prince Blueblood looked up at the night sky, still troubled. Princess Luna walked up to her nephew, noticing his difficult stance.

“I haven’t seen you like this before,” Princess Luna said. “Is something the matter, Prince Blueblood?”

“I’m afraid so, Aunt Luna,” Prince Blueblood said. “Do you recall seeing the changelings and the cultists retreat from the front entrance?”

“As a matter of fact I do,” Princess Luna said. “Along with my sister, Queen Novo and everyone else who was waiting for you all.”

“We suspected that Queen Chrysalis was laying down a trap for all of us,” Prince Hoofar said as he approached Princess Luna and Prince Blueblood. “That explained why they flew the coup when we all approached.

“This doesn’t sound good,” Princess Luna said. “We brought all you out of the castle and now we’ve put you in grave danger. Even worse, neither me nor my sister and Princess Cadance have access to our magic.”

“What matters is that we may have to fight back once the trap is sprung,” Prince Blueblood said. “And knowing how Queen Chrysalis and this Coldnelius Snap character ambushed us in the ballroom, it’s only a matter of time before they launch their next attack.”

“Then something must be done,” Princess Luna said. “Alert everyone. They need to be aware of Queen Chrysalis’s next move.”

Prince Blueblood and Prince Hoofar nodded. The two pointed their horns into the air and fired off a blast of magic respectively. The two blasts combined into one and reached the peak in the sky before igniting, creating a fireworks-like display that caught everyone’s attention.

“This is a warning to everyone,” Prince Hoofar said. “Queen Chrysalis is about to launch another ambush. Everyone, brace for impact.”

The moment Prince Hoofar’s words caught the attention of everyone in the vicinity, Queen Chrysalis’s wicked laugh echoed through the air. The crowd of ponies and hippogriffs began to cower as a blue mist forms above the entrance to the castle. Everyone watched as Queen Chrysalis, Coldnelius Snap and Princess Chrysalis II emerged from the blue mist.

“Queen Chrysalis,” Princess Celestia snarled. “You don’t know when to quit, do you? I’m surprised you didn’t transform into any of our friends and family just to catch us off guard.”

“Now where’s the fun in that, Princess Celestia?” Queen Chrysalis chuckled. “No. I just wanted to see each and every one of you miserable little ponies gathered up like cattle.”

“Who knew collaborating with the queen of the changelings was an ice idea?” Coldnelius Snap said as he leaped from the roof and landed in front of the bridge, shocking the crowd. “When this night is over, your nightmare will truly last forever.”

Buttercup held Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo tight as Bright Mac glared down at Coldnelius Snap.

“Oh I remember you two,” Coldnelius Snap said. “I made your daughter cry when I froze you both back in La Maresa. Nothing like a cold heart giving a filly a broken one.”

“Just who do you think you are, attempting to upstage me?” Gold Banks yelled, catching Coldnelius Snap’s attention. “Do you know who I am?”

Coldnelius Snap just smiled and said “Try me.”

“Oh you bet,” Gold Banks yelled. “I am Gold Milk Banks, the most powerful pony of all of Equestria. You mess with me, and my army of news warriors will make sure you never show your face anywhere again and…”

But before Gold Banks could finish, Coldnelius Snap blasted the entitled mare right in the mouth, freezing it shut.

“Why don’t you do yourself a favor and chill out,” Coldnelius Snap said before he let out a devilish laugh. Gold Banks just stood there, struggling to speak with her lips frozen, all while Silver Banks grabbed her and dragged her out.

“Amusing, isn’t it?” Queen Chrysalis laughed.

“You have a lot of nerve to attack us during the Grand Gallopin Gala,” Queen Novo said.

Queen Chrysalis approached Queen Novo and said “And it’s all while you all had a serious meltdown due to Princess Celestia’s failure to keep the gala civil. You ponies are so hypocritical of yourselves, thinking you’re high and mighty on Canterlot, and thinking you’re so better than the rest of us.”

“At least I’m not a brazen coward who lets her minions do the dirty work,” Queen Novo replied.

“Touche,” Queen Chrysalis said with a sharp grin. “But you know what? I justify this hypocrisy with prejudice.”

Coldnelius Snap turned his head towards Queen Chrysalis and said “The Man’s Cub is still out there, along with Princess Celestia’s ex-student. I will look for them.”

“Very well,” Queen Chrysalis said. “I will keep the guests entertained.”

Coldnelius Snap kicked dust into the air as he ran past the captives, the changelings and his own guild members towards the front gate, all while three members of his own cult followed from behind. Queen Chrysalis turned towards Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator, who emerged from the castle entrance.

“Predacons,” Queen Chrysalis said. “Coldnelius Snap made need some backup in finding the last of those meddlesome fools. Pursue and take prisons.”

“At once, my queen,” Inferno laughed before he, Quickstrike and Waspinator flew off towards the city limits of Canterlot.

As Princess Celestia watched the Predacon brothers fly away from the castle, she walked up to Queen Novo and whispered “Get under her skin. Say something that would anger her. I’ll go rescue Wanda, Twilight and Chancellor Cinch.”

Queen Novo nodded. She walked up to Queen Chrysalis as Princess Celestia began to back off.

“You know, for someone who claims to be queen of the changelings,” Queen Novo said. “You’re unaware that some members of your hive may be plotting to overthrow you just to gain power for themselves.”

“What...did you say?” Queen Chrysalis said as her eye began to twitch.

“You heard me,” Queen Novo said. “You may think your own hive is one hundred percent loyal to you. But deep on the inside, they plan to overthrow you when you least expect it. Maybe even your own daughter plans to upstage you and take over at such a young age.”

“Wait,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “I would never do that.”

“SILENCE!” Queen Chrysalis yelled to her daughter, causing the changeling filly to back off.

“That’s right,” Queen Novo said. “Yell at your subjects like that. Prove that you don’t care for their well-being. Because you’re nothing more than a selfish royal brat who’s full of it. You even treat your own daughter with total disdain.”

“Don’t you DARE BESMIRCH MY DAUGHTER!” Queen Chrysalis yelled as her eyes burned with hate and her horn glowing bright. “I care for my daughter compared to how you care for yours.”

“Do you?” Queen Novo said. “As a mother, I let my own daughter know what is right and wrong, and correct her to make sure she doesn’t do it again. You, on the other hand, see your own child as a means to an end, and when they fail, you resort to lashing out at them. I’ve seen it happen before when you tried to invade Mount Aris months ago. My own troops reported on what you did to your daughter and your Predacons, and you scolded them for not living up to your standards..”

“You STAY OUT OF THIS!” Queen Chrysalis said as she marched closer to Queen Novo.

“Face it, Queen Chrysalis,” Queen Novo said. “For a leader who claims to know best for her own people, you would rather place yourself atop a pillar of gold and demand to be worshipped. You are not a queen, but a sickening tyrant who demands fame and power. The only thing you deserve is to be ridiculed and humiliated for your selfishness.”

“SHUT UPPPPPPP!” Queen Chrysalis yelled as she fired off a blast of magic from her horn at Queen Novo.

Queen Novo just smiled as she ducked the blast from Queen Chrysalis’s horn, watching as it darted over her head and flew right at Waspinator, who was already in the distance with Inferno and Quickstrike flying above Canterlot City.

“Oh no,” Waspinator said as he turned around and saw the blast flying right at him.

With a spark of light, the blast hits Waspinator directly, sending him spiraling downwards towards the city. Inferno and Quickstrike looked back at Queen Chrysalis, who looked like she had gone psychotic.

“Not again,” Quickstrike said. “That’s the fifth time this month.”

“Do not fret, brother,” Inferno said. “We must pick Waspinator back up and continue our pursuit of the Man’s Cub and the filly.”

As Quickstrike and Inferno fly down towards Waspinator, Queen Chrysalis looks from afar with her jaw dropped to the ground. Queen Novo did nothing but smirk at Queen Chrysalis.

“Well what do you know,” Queen Novo said with a smug look on her face. “You really don’t care for your subjects. You just care about yourself.”

Queen Chrysalis roared with anger. She flew right at Queen Novo with the intent of tackling the hippogriff queen. But before Chrysalis could get her hooves around Novo’s neck, Princess Luna flew in from the side and rammed right into Queen Chrysalis, knocking the changeling to the ground.

“We may lack our magic,” Princess Luna said. “But we are no less dangerous than when we had it. Especially my sister.”

Queen Chrysalis got up on her side. She looked up at Queen Novo and Princess Luna, and her face of anger turned to amusement.

“You actually angered me,” Queen Chrysalis said with a laugh. “I’m impressed. Even without your magic, you managed to prove that you still have enough bite left in you. But it’s time I defanged you.”

Princess Luna looked down at Queen Chrysalis and said “You and what army?”

Queen Chrysalis turned towards the changelings and Windigo’s cult members before she yelled out“GET THEM!” She immediately flew away from Princess Luna and Queen Novo, who just stood there with a smirk on their face.

Before long, changelings and cultists descended upon the ponies within the garden, ready to pounce on them. Buck Withers gets out his chain whip and cracks it in the air as ponies gathered to his side.

“To arms,” Buck Withers yelled. “Tonight, we FIGHT FOR EQUESTRAI!”

The crowd cheered as they charged towards the cultists and changelings. Adults and youngsters alike looked like they were about to fight back against the intruders. Night Light, Twilight Velvet, Buttercup and Spoiled RIch hid in the nearby bushes with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara while Silverstream and Ocellus took cover in the moat of the castle.

“Looks like we’re not going to stand around and just be their servants,” Shining Armor said.

“Come,” Princess Cadance said as she extended her wings. “Let’s show them that we mean business.”

As Princess Cadance and Shining Armor ran with the crowd towards the changelings and the cultists, Princess Celestia approached Princess Luna and Queen Novo, who turned towards the elder alicorn.

“We’ve bought you some time, sister,” Princess Luna said. “Now your chance.”

“Find Wanda and Twilight and get them out of Canterlot,” Queen Novo said. “We’ll hold them off.”

“Understood,” Princess Celestia said. “And be careful.”

Princess Celestia turned away from Princess Luna and Queen Novo, extending her wings as she ran out the gate’s broken doorway. With a great amount of speed, Princess Celestia flew off towards the city limits of Canterlot, looking back as the fighting took place in the garden.

“We are putting everything at risk to defeat Queen Chrysalis,” Princess Celestia said to herself. “But I wonder if, by regaining my own daughter and my ex-student, I would wind up losing far more than I realize. Sister, please don’t die on me.”

To Be Continued in….

Lost in the chaos

Author's Note:

On the one hand, we are finally out of the castle. But on the other hand, things are going to get worse before they can get better. In spades.

The next set of parts will take us all down a path towards the climax: A confrontation with Queen Chrysalis.

8 parts to go. Next one, Wanda Young, Spike and Twilight Sparkle returns.

PreviousChapters Next