• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,935 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Life in Canterlot" - SaburoDaimando



A human girl learns to live in a world full of ponies, friendship, and corruption

  • ...
8
 108
 1,935

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 17-7: The Worst Night Ever

The Worst Night Ever

Princess Celestia marched through the ruined ballroom, glaring down at everyone as Twilight Sparkle and Spike walked beside the princess. Every guest, from the commoner to the elite, from Danged Spell to Moondancer, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy, to Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire, from Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, to Buck Withers, Lemony Gem and Gad Zookes, from Granny Smith, Big Mac, Bright Mac and Buttercup, to Queen Novo and Princess Skystar, from Airazor and the Guard Captain, to Princess Luna, felt a wind of shame run down their spines as Princess Celestia walked through the ballroom.

“This place is a mess,” Celestia scowled. “What exactly were you all thinking with this food fight?”

“Well your majesty,” One of the Elites said. “It was getting boring here and….”

“I don’t want to hear your excuse,” Princess Celestia yelled, causing the elite pony to back off.

Celestia turned towards Bright Mac, Buttercup, Big Mac, Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich as the Princess looked down at them.

“Princess,” Twilight said. “I think you’re being too harsh.”

But Celestia ignored Twilight and said to the group “I thought your people would treat the guests, not give them ammo to fling at each other.”

“Princess,” Granny Smith said as she approached Bright Mac. “IT all started when….”

“I don’t want to HEAR IT!” Princess Celestia yelled, causing Granny Smith to back off.

She turned towards Airazor, who continued to sulk in the nearby corner.

“And what’s this about the Wonderbolts joining in on the fight, along with the guards?” Celestia snarled. But Airazor said nothing.

Twilight tapped on Celestia’s arm and said “Celestia, they’ve had enough. Let’s get this place closed down.”

Celestia scoots Twilight aside and said to her “You and your Wonderbolts will have a lot to explain when I suspend all of you for an entire year.”

Airazor said nothing as Celestia turned her attention towards Queen Novo, who stood stern.

“Princess,” Queen Novo said. “We’ve had our differences. But…”

“No buts,” Celestia said in a cold tone. “You should have known better than to join in on that fight. Queen Novo of the Hippogriffs.”

As Celestia turned away, Twilight looked at Queen Novo and Princess Skystar, and let out an embarrassing grin.

Celestia marched towards Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem, and Gad Zookes. Her eyes were fixated on Princess Cadance.

“Young lady,” Celestia snarled. “You’ll have a lot to think about when I ground you for five months.”

“Five months?” Princess Cadance screamed.

“Your majesty…” Shining Armor said.

“And you,” Celestia snarled. “I don’t want to see you near my daughter again.”

Shining Armor’s eyes began to tear up. He turned a corner and went off crying. Buck Withers looked at Princess Celestia with scorn.

“At times like this,” Buck Withers said. “I sometimes regret serving under you.”

Princess Celestia and Buck Withers stared down at each other, keeping their eyes close to each other.

“Princess,” Twilight said. “Enough already.”

Suddenly, they heard a voice in the distance. Celestia looked to her right and saw Night Light and Twilight Velvet hug their son.

“Princess,” Twilight said. “This isn’t a good idea.”

Princess Celestia marched towards Night Light and Twilight Velvet with her teeth bare. But as she made her way down, Gold Banks ran up in front of her.

“There you are,” Gold Banks snapped. “You have a lot to explain about the mess that happened. When the news stations of Equestria find out about this…”

But before Gold Banks could finish her sentence, Princess Celestia grabbed a bowl of punch from the nearby table and dunked it right on Gold Banks head. Silver Banks looked at Celestia and just closed his eyes and swung his head back in shame.

“Princess,” Twilight said. “That’s enough. You’re making this worse than it has to be.”

But Celestia ignored Twilight. She marched all the way to Twilight Velvet and NIght Light and glared down at the two as they held Shining Armor tight.

“Care to explain why your son was in this mess?” Celestia said.

“Princess,” Night Light said. “I had no idea this happened.”

“Honest,” Twilight Velvet said. “We were just…”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Celestia yelled. “I want you both and your son out of Canterlot by morning. You’re not welcomed here again.”

“Sister,” Luna yelled as she approached Princess Celestia while Night Light and Twilight Velvet started to cry. “You’ve gone too far with your anger.”

Celestia marched towards her sister and yelled out “Maybe if you hadn't started this food fight, none of this would have happened.”

“Well maybe if you had paid more attention to your guests instead of sticking outside greeting them,” Luna yelled. “None of this would have happened.”

“Are you saying this is MY FAULT?” Celestia snarled.

“Yes,” Luna yelled. “It is your fault that it went this far. We came here because Senator Wish yelled at…”

“IT IS NOT MY FAULT!” Celestia yelled.

“DON’T YOU DARE LOOK AWAY AT ME AND ADMIT NO FAULT IN THIS!” Luna yelled.

Princess Luna and Princess Celestia continued to yell at each other, causing the guests to line up around the two quarrelling princesses. Twilight looked at the two yelled at each other and the little filly started to get anxious with Spike looking down at her.

Behind a table, Prince Blueblood peeked out from the tablecloth and saw Celestia and Luna arguing at each other. His hooves began to shake as he could barely get his eyes away.

“I…I don’t like where this is going,” Prince Blueblood said before he hid himself back under the table.

“AND ANOTHER THING!” Princess Luna said. “IF YOU HAD PAID MORE ATTENTION AND TAKEN A BREAK FROM GREETING THE GUESTS, WE WOULDN’T BE IN THIS DEBACLE!”

“IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO GREET THE GUESTS,” Princess Celestia yelled. “IT HAS BEEN THAT WAY TO ATONE FOR WHAT I DID AS DAYBREAKER!”

“WELL MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE BANISHED YOU TO THE MOON!” Princess Luna yelled. “OR MAYBE THE SUN!”

“WELL IT’S BETTER THAN TO STARE AT YOUR MUG,” Princess Celestia yelled.

At that moment, Twilight Sparkle inhaled and yelled out “ENOUGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!” That caused Celestia and Luna to stop yelling and look down at Twilight Sparkle, who was steaming angry.

“Twilight,” Celestia said as she began to catch her breath. “What happened?”

“I’ll tell you what happened,” Twilight said. “This night has been a disaster because you neglected your real duties at watching over the Gala. But instead, you took your status as greeter too seriously and let this night be the Worst Night Ever. And instead of taking responsibility for your actions, you instead took it out on the guests, and even got into a fight with your sister.”

“Now Twilight,” Celestia said. “I’m just upset with the guests and…”

“I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT!” Twilight yelled. She turned her tail with Spike on her back and said. “Effective immediately, I am no longer your prime student at the School for Gifted Unicorns. In fact, I no longer want to see you or anyone in this castle AGAIN!”

“Twilight,” Luna said as her tone became somber and nervous. “I swear we didn’t mean to…”

“GOOD-BYE,” Twilight yelled as tears rolled down her eyes.

With that, Twilight Sparkle ran off with Spike holding onto her and ran past her parents as she ran out the doorway. Princess Celestia looked on and tears flowed from her eyes.

“She’s right,” Princess Celestia said as her voice began to crack up. “Luna’s right. This is all my fault, and I let it get worse. What have I done?”

Princess Luna walked up to Princess Celestia and patted her on the back as Celestia began to cry into her own hooves.

“It happens to all of us,” Luna said. “And I am sorry for those horrible words I said to you.”

Spitfire watched as Twilight Sparkle ran out the door. She turned her head and looked at Airazor from a far.

"Maybe I was too harsh on Airazor," Spitfire said to herself. "Some Wonderbolt I turned out to be. Now I regret quitting."

"Hey, we'll find a way through this," Rainbow Dash said as she pit her arm around Spitfire's back.. "I've been through this with my own folks."

"Thanks, Rainbow," Spitfire said. "I could use a friend right now."

Celestia raised her head towards the guests as they began to back away. She cleared her throat and said “I owe all of you an apology for what I said. It was mean-spirited and not in my characterization, and it cost me a student. It is my fault for making this Gala too serious for my own good.”

Queen Novo walked up to Princess Celestia and said “What you did was wrong. But to admit your own mistakes is proof that you are still you, and that we all make mistakes. Like I did tonight. I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks Queen Novo,” Princess Celestia said. “I guess this means our partnership is over.”

“No,” Queen Novo said. “But I’ll admit. Seeing you yell reminded me of myself.”

Celestia and Novo laughed as the guests awed at the two.

Nearby, Night Light said to Twilight Velvet “Go find Twilight. I’m afraid it might be the last time we’ll see her.”

Twilight Velvet nodded and ran off into the garden as Night Light hugged his son Shining Armor. Princess Celestia walked over to Night Light, who only stared at Princess Celestia.

“You’re not going to be banished from Canterlot,” Princess Celestia said. “Nor is your son forbidden from seeing my daughter.”

“So does that mean,” Princess Cadance said as she, Buck Withers, Lemony Gem, Gad Zookes, Bright Mac, Buttercup, Big Mac, Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich approached Princess Celestia.

“Yes,” Princess Celestia said. “If anyone deserves to be grounded, it’s me. I can never take back those horrible things I said.”

“It happens to all of us,” Bright Mac said. “I once yelled at my son Big Mac over a mistake he made. And I lived to regret it.”

“Well at least someone knows their rightful place,” Gold Banks said as she stepped up to Princess Celestia with a smirk on her face. “Once the whole world knows about the Worst Night Ever, no one will ever respect you again.”

“Honey,” Silver Banks said. “That’s enough. She’s learned her lesson.”

“Silence,” Gold Banks yelled before she turned back towards Princess Celestia. “The moment I leave this castle, I’m going to put out a propaganda campaign, painting you as a tyrant. No one will ever respect you again and…”

Before she could finish, another bowl full of punch splashed all over her. Silver Banks placed the bowl aside and glared at her wife.

“Like I said,” Silver Banks yelled. “That is enough. You put out that piece, and I will have an annulment, plus I will cut you out from every bit from my account and make you pay a total of one billion bits. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?”

Gold Banks nodded and backed off from Silver Banks. Filthy Rich looked at Silver, completely surprised.

“For my brother-in-law,” Filthy Rich said. “I never expected you to call out your wife like that.”

“Truth be told,” Silver Banks said. “I married her because I felt lonesome, and she felt like the ideal wife to keep me comfy.”

Prince Blueblood had his head stuck out from the tablecloth, observing everything from the safety of beneath the table. He looked at Princess Celestia for a moment, then down at himself in shame.

“Dear Aunt,” Prince Blueblood said. “What have you become? What have I become? I’m such a fool for forcing my views on everyone else.”

As Princess Celestia walked away from the group with a smile on her face, she looked down and saw Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Spitfire looking up at her.

“Mother,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Please don’t scare us like that again.”

“I promise,” Princess Celestia said as she reached down and gave Sunset a hug.

“So with Twilight gone,” Danged Spell asked. “What’s going to happen to us?”

“We’ll have to carry on without her,” Starlight said. “It’s sad what she’s going through. But I wish her the best.”

“Same here,” Moondancer said. “She deserves a friend more than ever.”

Danged Spell, Moondancer, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Rarity, Applejack. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy Trixie, Ditzy Doo, and Spitfire all gave each other a big hug. Nearby, Buttercup and Spoiled Rich looked on as they slowly rocked Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara to sleep.

“You know,” Buttercup said. “This may have been the worst night ever. But at least, we have each other.”

“I know it,” Spoiled Rich said as she picked up Diamond Tiara and rocked her in her arms. “And I’m glad to have you as a friend.”

As the two began to hug each other, they heard what sounds like hooves marching through. Everyone turned around to see Chancellor Cinch march in with a steamed look on her face.

“Okay,” Cinch yelled. “Who was it that locked me in a nearby closet?”

Princess Cadance ran up to Chancellor Cinch and said “Chancellor. Where’s Wanda and the others?”

Cinch calmed down and said “What are you talking about?”

“I left you with Wanda, Pinkie Pie, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow and Abigail when you’d say you would watch over them.” Princess Cadance replied.

“I was nowhere near the little ones,” Chancellor Cinch said. “In fact, someone locked me up in a nearby closet and…”

“WANDA!” Celestia yelled in desperation. “WHERE’S WANDA?”

Celestia began to freak out as Luna placed her hoof on her sister’s shoulder and said “Easy, sister. We’ll find Wanda and the others.”

As Celestia breathed heavily, Silverstream flew up to Queen Novo and whispered something in her ear. Queen Novo’s ears perked up and she ran to Princess Celestia.

“Princess,” Queen Novo said. “Silverstream knows what happened to them. Come with me.”

Princess Celestia nodded. She along with Chancellor Cinch, Queen Novo, Princess Cadance, Sunset Shimmer and Skystar followed Silverstream out the Ballroom entrance. But before leaving, Princess Celestia turned to Princess Luna.

“If someone tries to break in and attack,” Celestia said. “Start another food fight.”

Princess Luna nodded to Celestia and said “Roger that, sis.”

Back in the dark room, Wanda rocked her legs anxiously as she sat there with Pinkie Pie, Ocellus, Abigail, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow and Prince Hoofar looking at her.

“She’s never going to come back,” Wanda said as she was about to cry. “Something must have happened to her.”

“Cheer up,” Pinkie Pie said. “She’ll be here, one hundred percent.”

“I don’t think she will,” Wanda said as tears poured out even more. “I think we’re going to be stuck in here forever.”

And with that, Wanda started to cry while everyone watched helplessly.

“Poor Wanda,” Golden Lace said. “It feels like she’s been in too many of these messes and it gets worse for her.”

“IF there was some way we could cheer her up,” Cozy Glow said as she pondered.

Prince Hoofar turned to Ocellus and whispered something in her ear. The baby changeling nodded at Hoofar and transformed back into Jasmine Bloom.

As Wanda cried on top of her seat, Jasmine Bloom got up and sat near Wanda.

“Wanda,” Jasmine Bloom said. “I’ve been down this path many times since me and my parents ran away, even more so when I lost them. But when I met you and your friends, I realized that there are others who want to take me in as a friend. I’m sorry that I lied to you and that I’m really a changeling. But what matters is that we are friends, and as long as we have each other, we’re not alone.”

Wanda looked at Jasmine Bloom and wiped the tears from her face. She reached over and gave the changeling disguised as a filly a big hug. Abigail leaped next to Wanda and rubbed her head on the Man Cub’s hand.

“It’s these moments that remind me why I’m glad to be here,” Cozy Glow said. “And why I don’t pursue the path of a villain.”

“Well let’s hope you don’t,” Golden Lace giggled.

Suddenly, they heard a knocking on the door with someone yelling “Wanda. Wanda, are you here?” Wanda’s face beamed with excitement as she let go of Jasmine Bloom, jumped onto her two legs and ran towards the door.

“MOMMY!” Wanda cheered. “She’s here.”

“Told you it would be alright,” Pinkie Pie said.

As Wanda approached the door, it swung wide open where Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance, Sunset Shimmer, Princess Skystar, Queen Novo, Silverstream and Chancellor Cinch were happy to see the youngling.

“MOMMY!” Wanda said as she leaped into Princess Celestia’s arms as Pinkie Pie, Jasmine Bloom, Abigail, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow and Prince Hoofar approached the group.

“I’m glad you’re alright my darling,” Princess Celestia said as she embraced her daughter. She then looked Wanda in the eye and said “Your mother has done something bad tonight, and it cost you a good friend.”

“Mommy?” Wanda asked.

“But I promise you this,” Princess Celestia said. “I will never do anything bad again. For your sake, and for your sisters’ sake.”

Princess Celestia sets Wanda down as Sunset and Cadance embraced their younger sister. Queen Novo reached down and gave Wanda a noogie.

“It’s great that you’re safe, Smallfry,” Queen Novo said as Wanda giggled.

“We’ve missed you so much,” Sunset said. “I was horrified that I would lose my little sister.”

“We were both horrified,” Princess Cadance said.

Princess Skystar approached Pinkie Pie as the two gave each other a warm hug with a good laugh.

“So what did we miss?” Pinkie Pie said.

“A big food fight,” Princess Skystar said. “And some drama.”

“Awww,” Pinkie Pie said. “We missed out on a good party.”

“More like a bad party,” Skystar replied. “A worst night ever.”

Chancellor Cinch walked up to Wanda, who was still hugging Princess Cadance and Sunset Shimmer. Wanda looked up at the chancellor, who looked down at the man’s cub with a somber tone.

“Tell me, Princess,” Chancellor Cinch. “Did anyone who looked like me locked you up here?”

Wanda nodded at Chancellor Cinch, who’s eyes shrunk down.

“Then it appears my hunch is correct,” Chancellor Cinch said. She turned to Princess Celestia and said “We have a changeling in these halls.”

“That’s worse than we realized,” Princess Celestia said. “We have to warn everyone.”

But as Princess Celestia, Queen Novo and Chancellor Cinch were about to leave the room, Jasmine Bloom yelled out “WAIT!” This caused the adults to turn back towards Jasmine Bloom.

“Young lady,” Princess Celestia said. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s true that there is a changeling in these halls,” Jasmine Bloom said. “But I fear it’s my former Queen Chrysalis.”

“Wait,” Queen Novo said. “Are you saying you’re a changeling?”

“Yes,” Jasmine Bloom said. “And one who went rogue.”

In a flash of light, Jasmine Bloom transformed back into Ocellus. Princess Celestia, Chancellor Cinch, PRincess Cadance, Sunset Shimmer and Queen Novo began to freak out. Skystar approached Ocellus with curiosity while Silverstream jumped on the baby changeling and played with her.

“It’s alright,” Wanda said. “Ocellus is our friend. And she’s a traitor to her kind.”

“Is this true,” Celestia said, causing Silverstream to stop while Ocellus looked up at the alicorn.

“It’s true,” Ocellus said. “We fled the hive because we didn’t want Queen Chrysalis to rule over us. During our time in Saddle Arabia, we disguise ourselves as ordinary ponies to blend in with the crowd. But one day, my parents were taken away by slave traders, and I was left all alone. But I swear, I won’t do you any harm.”

“And I believe you,” Princess Celestia said. “I’ve heard reports of Changelings going rogue against Queen Chrysalis lately, and you confirmed my report.”

“Who you’re dealing with is the Queen of the Changelings: Queen Chrysalis,” Prince Hoofar said. “You must warn everyone that Queen Chrysalis is in these halls.”

Princess Celestia nodded. She lowered her back, allowing Wanda, Sunset, Pinkie Pie, Golden Lace and Abigail to leap on. Celestia got back on her four legs and ran out with Prince Hoofar, Cozy Glow, Silverstream, Skystar, Cadance and Novo following behind her. Chancellor Cinch looked down at Ocellus, who just looked back at the chancellor.

“I recommend transforming back into a pony,” Chancellor Cinch said. “The last thing we need is for the crowd to freak out.”

“I know,” Ocellus said as the baby changeling transformed back into Jasmine Bloom. She then said “I hope it’s not too late.”

Back in the ballroom, everyone waited patiently for Princess Celestia, especially Princess Luna, who looked worried.

“Princess,” Shining Armor said. “Will Wanda be alright?”

“She’s a tough champ,” Princess Luna said. “After the attack on La Maresa and the Hay Fever Virus, she can get through this.”

Immediately, Princess Celestia ran in with Wanda, Sunset, Abigail, Pinkie Pie and Golden Lace riding on top of her. Right behind her was Cozy Glow, Prince Hoofar, Queen Novo, Princess Skystar, Princess Cadance, Chancellor Cinch and Jasmine Bloom running right behind her. Wanda, Sunset, Pinkie Pie, Abigail and Golden Lace jumped off Celestia’s back as Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Trixie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Ditzy Doo and Spitfire embraced the youngsters.

“You’re back,” Rainbow Dash said. “And we’re glad to have you back.”

“I heard about what happened,” Wanda said. “And I’m sorry for Twilight. I wish we could have done something to cheer her up.”

“It’s going to be alright,” Applejack said. “We’ll find Twilight, and convince her to come back.”

“Yeah,” Danged Spell said. “There’s no way she’ll abandon us. When we get her back, she’ll be stuck to us like glue.”

“Danged Spell,” the other youngsters said before they laughed. Even Spitfire laughed hard at Danged Spell’s joke.

“Wow,” Rainbow Dash said. “Didn’t take you for one who enjoys jokes, Spitfire.”

“Well sometimes,” Spitfire said. “I can be a bit of a prankster.”

As the younglings embraced each other, Cozy Glow led Jasmine Bloom up to Princess Luna, who took notice of the two.

“Cozy Glow,” Princess Luna said. “Why are you bringing Jasmine Bloom to me?”

“Because she has something to say,” Cozy Glow said. “But only in your ear.”

Princess Luna reached down to Jasmine Bloom, who proceeded to whisper in Luna’s ear. Luna’s eyes popped out for a bit as she turned to the youngster, who only nodded.

“Stay by me,” Luna said. “You’ll be safe.”

The adults all gathered around as Princess Celestia approached them. Her face was of fear, but also of determination.

“Everyone,” Princess Celestia said. “We’ve all had a rough night, no thanks to yours truly. But I’m afraid I have some bad news. Queen Chrysalis, the leader of the Changelings, is in this castle.

Everyone gasped at the words of Princess Celestia. Wanda looked up and let go of her friends.

“Mommy speaks the truth,” Wanda said. “Queen Chrysalis disguised herself as Miss Cinch and locked me and some of my friends in a dark room.”

But as Wanda was speaking, the lights went out and everyone screamed.

“That must be Queen Chrysalis,” Princess Luna said. “She’s here.”

“Not quite, princess.” Everyone looked around to see members of the Windigo’s Guild jump into the room from both entrances and through the windows, scaring everyone. Coldnelius Snap emerged from the ballroom entrance from the front and gave off a cackling laugh.

“Coldnelius Snap,” Chancellor Cinch snarled. “I thought devastating the Ponyville Providence Fair was bad enough. Now you want to destroy the Gala?”

“That’s correct,” Coldnelius Snap said as he approached Princess Celestia and pulled out a green orb. “Now, we did go into disguise with this.”

“A changeling orb,” Queen Novo said. “So you were behind locking Princess Wanda in that room?”

“Right you are,” Coldnelius Snap said as he threw the orb towards one of his lackeys. “We originally disguised ourselves as guests to ambush all of you. But because of your little food fight, you made it easier for us to make our move. And we did just that.”

Suddenly, they heard a scream in the back. Night Light turned towards the back entrance and saw Twilight Velvet run back to her with three Windigo’s Guild members pushing her through.”

“What happened?” Night Light said. “Where’s Twilight?”

“I spoke with her for a bit,” Twilight Velvet said. “And then they showed up and scared her and Spike off.”

“Let’s hope she gets away, safely,” Night Light replied.

Coldnelius Snap circled around Princess Celestia and Wanda Young, glaring at the two with a grin on his face.

“You won’t get away with this, Snap,” Princess Celestia said as she held Wanda close to her.

“Oh I’m afraid I did,” Coldnelius Snap said. “And I’m afraid it’s time you said bye-bye to your daughter.”

Suddenly, someone yelled out “IMPOSTER!” Everyone turned their heads to see another Coldnelius Snap, and his face was red with anger.

“Another Coldnelius Snap?” Princess Celestia said. “What’s going on here?”

“You took the orb away from me,” The other Coldnelius Snap said, pointing at the one next to Princess Celestia and Wanda Young. “And you had the gall to pretend to be me and take control of my guild. I’ll freeze your carapace for this.”

The fake Coldnelius Snap laughed and said “He figured me out. I’m neither the Chancellor and I’m not Coldnelius Snap. I’m Queen Chrysalis”

With a flash of light, the fake Coldnelius Snap transformed from an alicorn cult leader into Queen Chrysalis. She stood over Celestia and Wanda and laughed at the two as the crowd gasped in horror.

“You,” Princess Celestia said. “I never thought I would see your face again, Queen Chrysalis. But you made the grave mistake of coming alone.”

“Have I?” Queen Chrysalis said. With a vicious laugh, she watched as some of the guests, guards, Wonderbolts and even cultists transformed into Changelings, freaking the crowd out even more. One transformed into Princess Chrysalis II, while three transformed into Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator. The four approached Queen Chrysalis and bowed before her.

“We’ve done it, mother,” Chrysalis II said. “We’ve got them right where we want them.

“Inferno and the Predacon reporting for duty, my Queen,” Inferno said.

“Oh I can’t wait to kick some pony butt,” Quickstrike said.

“Waspinator ready to serve you, great queen,” Waspinator said.

“Now that you’re all present, we can begin our final conquest for Canterlot, and then the world,” Queen Chrysalis laughed.

“After all this time,” Coldnelius Snap said. “I had changeling spies in my guild? I’ll use your hide for decoration.”

“Oh don’t be such a snowflake,” Queen Chrysalis laughed. “After all, it was unwise to even trust members of your own guild when you didn’t even know who was your friend and who was your foe.”

As Chrysalis laughed hard, she noticed Jasmine Bloom near Princess Luna, and her laughter turned into anger.

“I smell a traitor in our midst,” Queen Chrysalis said. “And traitors must be punished.”

Princess Luna held Jasmine Bloom close as Queen Chrysalis walked towards the duo.

“Stay away from her,” Princess Celestia said as she got in between Queen Chrysalis and Jasmine Bloom. “You don’t deserve to be near her, you monster.”

Queen Chrysalis just laughed as she transformed into mist and went around Princess Celestia before transforming back into herself. She looked down at Jasmine Bloom, who hid behind Princess Luna.

“Don’t even think about it,” Princess Luna said.

“Still trying to hide the truth from your own people,” Chrysalis said. “Well let me do something that not even the Banks can do.”

Queen Chrysalis immediately dashed to the side and pointed her horn at Jasmine Bloom. Before anyone could react, Queen Chrysalis fired a beam at Jasmine Bloom, transforming her back into Baby Ocellus and causing the crowd to gasp.

“Ocellus,” Wanda cried.

“You big meanie,” Cozy Glow cried. “That was our friend.”

“Oh ho ho ho ho,” Queen Chrysalis laughed. “Why be a friend to a changeling? After all, you were meant to have a prejudice against us because not just of who we are, but what we can do. It is in your blood, it is in your soul. To not hate a changeling is hypocritical. And your hate is what makes us strong, as your love towards each other. Face it. What you hate will now be your doom.”

With that, Queen Chrysalis laughed hard as Wanda and Sunset held each other tight and Ocellus hid behind Princess Luna, shaking hard at the presence of the changeling queen.

To Be Continued in…

The Final Arc: Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling Invasion

Invasion and Consequences

Author's Note:

The purpose of this final part of this arc was to showcase how far Princess Celestia can fall from grace, and how she can lose her anger about as easy as the rest of us, how words can hurt the ones she cares for, and how it can ruin a moment, no matter good or bad. I really had to tap into that kind of anger just for this part alone.

The part where Twilight loses all faith in her teacher was my idea. I wanted to see how a fallout between the duo would occur. But at the same time, I wanted Twilight to be the one to initiate the fallout just to enforce the whole "Broken Pedestal" TV Trope.

But as you can tell, it's not over yet. We are now down to our final Arc: "Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling Invasion." And like I said, that arc will be my longest of this fanfic: A Total of 14 parts. Queen Chrysalis will serve as the main antagonist for this final arc, and nearly everyone in the gala will be involved in the story. The Unicorn students, the La Maresa Seven, Prince Hoofar, Ocellus, Cozy Glow, etc. We're in the final stretch. So stay tuned tomorrow for part 1 of the final arc.

PreviousChapters Next