• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 2,777 Views, 33 Comments

Detective Conan: The Colt - ABagOVicodin

  • ...
7
 33
 2,777

Author Intentions: Part 1

Five hours, that's all it took for the newly formed equine's eyes to open. However in this world, there was no girl crying over his immobile body. The first thing that he noticed was the comfortable bed that he was laying in. He closed his eyes, and the memories of last night sprouted in his memory. There was a murder. He solved it, and he passed out right when that image appeared on his thighs. For once, he did not have a headache. Now he was capable of thinking clearly without extreme pain. That was nice for once.

Conan moved off of the bed and paused due to the decorations. The whole room was decorated in a lavish display. Purples, blues, and pinks were all brilliantly complemented with each other. Not only were the window blinds and walls painted such a color, but her furniture was under the same colors as well. The color palette of the rooms was completely different than anything Conan had seen. Sure, he could probably drag up an old memory of a murder in a house such as this, but the color was more washed out back in Japan. Almost like a cartoon, these colors were so much more bright.

“Oh you are awake!”

Rarity's voice made Conan's eyes turn to the door. He smiled once he saw the familiar mare, currently levitating a tray with three separate items on it. A bowl of hay oatmeal, plate of fruit, and cup of juice sat perfectly on the tray. Conan also noticed that the distance between all three items were a collective two inches from the juice to the plate, two inches from the plate to the bowl, and four inches from the bowl to the cup. Either that was coincidence, or the details were very important to this mare. Conan appreciated this. The details always mattered.

Conan moved back to the bed and sat against the backrest, while the tray was gently placed down on the bed. Conan's hunger started to show. He didn't eat since the previous murder case, and that was well over six hours ago. He distinctly remembered shifting in and out of consciousness while he was on the train back to Ponyville. But nothing came to his memory between the collapse and his wake up. He grabbed the spoon between his hooves and then it flipped through the air as he failed to correctly grasp it. He leaned to the right as the spoon flipped that way and he caught it between his hooves. A sigh moved past his lips before he managed to take a spoonful of oatmeal into his mouth.

Rarity seemed confused by his behavior. She smiled and levitated one of the chairs nearby her dresser over to her and she sat down on it. “So tell me Conan, I must know. Where do you come from?” She asked.

Conan paused as he chewed on this spoonful. That question again. He mentally cursed that he wasn't able to create a good enough lie yet, and he looked down at his bowl. It would be rude if he were to take another bite, and he wouldn't be able to maneuver the spoon quick enough to take a bite without answering. He had to think fast.

“I live in Los Pegasus.” He lied.

Rarity was perplexed at his answer. After all, the two of them were just in Los Pegasus. Conan would have surely said something if they were going to go back to his hometown. So why was this not the case? Not to mention the fact that he told her that he didn’t live there. Rarity leaned back against her chair and levitated a napkin over to Conan. He took it, gave his thanks, and then proceeded to wipe his face. Rarity seemed unconvinced. “If you live in Los Pegasus, then why didn't you tell me when we were over there for the party?” She asked.

Another question. Conan wondered if telling the truth would be the best option here. If it was just skewed a small amount, then he could avoid trouble and still avoid the conscience that usually bugged him every day for his inability to confess his status to Ran. In this world, he didn't have to worry about that. But being unable to confess that his parents were in a different dimension was going to be the lie of the lifetime. Conan realized that he wasn't staring into Rarity's eyes, probably for good measure. He wouldn't be able to handle those cerulean orbs staring into his own, reminding him of Ran and his current conditions with her. “The truth is,” Conan started as he looked up from his oatmeal, “I can't go home.”

It was a good lie. It had some truth behind it, since he still wasn't awake from whatever this dream happened to be. He didn't hate this world. Nothing has attempted to kill him yet, and he has been given nothing but hospitality from this mare. But being a pony had it's disadvantages. The lack of fingers was still bugging him. The motion to try and flex his nonexistent fingers always messed with him, since it only made him stretch his hoof.

Rarity raised an eyebrow and sat down on the bed next to him. “Home can't be that bad, darling.” She said, a smile on her face as she levitated a spoonful of oatmeal to Conan's lips. He ate the provided food. “I mean, your parents are probably worried sick about you. You got your cutie mark! They would do anything to have seen that!”

Conan nodded his head and sighed. “I know that they want to see me, but they aren't home. That's why I ended up in Ponyville. I wanted to see if they traveled here or something.” He replied.

Conan grew satisfied with the lie that he created. He knew from personal experience that if he was capable of adding on enough ambiguity, the asker would eventually either grow tired of asking, or be satisfied with the answers. At least, Conan thought this would be the case, until Rarity stood up and moved over to her closet to get her saddlebag.

“We should go over to Twilight's house. Maybe she has an idea on how to find your parents. I think she might have an address book on hand for all of the buildings in Ponyville. We can check every hotel to see if your parents are here.” Rarity said. Her smile as she placed the saddlebag on her back sent tingles down Conan's spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why aren't your parents never home? Don't you want them home so that you can spend time with them?”

Shinichi Kudo, “Detective of the West” as they called him looked up at the sky. Blue eyes spaced out for the time being as his legs continued to keep him going. The reflexes of a soccer player kept him from running straight into a telephone pole. A smile formed across his face as he made little shapes in the clouds. A heart formed in his vision from the particular dark outlines.

His childhood friend, Ran Mouri gave him a small punch in the stomach which alerted Shinichi more than hurt him. He looked towards his friend. “I... um... what?” He asked, his thoughts punctured for the time being.

“I asked you a question.” Ran replied, her own blue eyes glaring at her “childhood friend”. Annoyance reflected in her tone while her hand moved back and her fist clenched for another punch.

“Um... can you repeat it?”

“I asked you about your parents. Don't you mind that they are never home?”

Shinichi used this question as an excuse to space off into the clouds once more, forming a fish with a particular cloud before he shook his head with a smile. “I don't really mind. They didn't leave me until I was 14, and I already proved that I was mature enough to live by myself. The only problem I have is with cooking.” He said with a small laugh. “Ramen bowls taste so good... and are so easy to make!”

Ran’s eyes shifted towards the sky as well, growing annoyed that collections of water vapor were getting more attention than she was. Her fist drew a few inches back from her.

Shinichi sighed as the two continued to walk. He sidestepped and avoided an old woman who was carrying groceries. “I wish I had some sort of girlfriend that I could share my discoveries with.” He responded.

Ran’s eyes widened at the sudden comment, and she kept her gaze away from him. Her eyes lowered slightly, as her own insecurities started to kick in. “So... who’s the lucky girl that you are planning to ask out?” She asked.

Shinichi’s face turned a little red, but he kept his eyes on the sky. Deflections, that would be the perfect response for a teenager his age. “I don’t know, I haven’t really asked her yet. I mean... she is probably one of the best girls I know.” He responded, a smile forming on his face while premature memories started to play in his head. “But I know that I need a girl that can cook well. I’ll die if I cook for myself.” He added with a small laugh.

“I cook well.” Ran said under her breath. Her eyes remained on the ground as the two of them walked.

Shinichi's gaze turned to Ran and he tilted her chin up, smiling when their eyes met. “You know I don't like it when you look down Ran. I like seeing your eyes.” He said.

Ran's face turned red, and she picked up the pace in their walking.

Shinichi's eyes widened and he caught up with her. “Wait, woah! Did I say something wrong?” He asked.

Ran shook her head before she stopped nearby Shinichi's house. Shinichi wanted to ask her about the sudden shy facade that she was putting on, but decided against it.

Ran looked at his mailbox, which seemed to be cluttered full of love letters. She raised an eyebrow before she opened the box. All of the letters fell out of the box, creating a large pile that was now on the ground.

Shinichi groaned as he caught up with Ran and reached down to pick them all up. “Oh come on Ran, you have to open the mailbox slowly. Or else all of the letters fall out like this.”

Ran took a step back, her eyebrow raised. “Are you telling me that you are used to this?” She asked, annoyance once more in her tone.

Shinichi smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah, I've been getting these letters ever since I solved my first case in Japan. I'm used to it. I mean, why wouldn’t they want to talk to the best detective in Japan?”

Ran frowned and she turned her back to him. “Have a good day, Shinichi.” She said, before she started to power walk away from the now distraught teenager.

Shinichi outstretched his hand and ran to try and catch up to her, but he tripped over his pile of letters and fell on the ground. “Ouch. That was convenient for her.” He muttered before he looked to a particular letter. His eyes widened and he smiled. “Oh, I’ve been wanting to get a letter from her!” He said as he tore the desired letter open.

~

Pinkie let out a groan as she opened the page break in the Fimfiction website, and looked out at the few readers. “Come on Author! When are you going to go forward with the case? This is booooooooooring!” She said.

The author let out a sigh and smacked his hand to his face. “It's called 'pacing' Pinkie. I can't establish our main character if we have nothing but cases.”

“Well fine.” Pinkie said, as she looked at the torn fourth wall and sat back down on her reading chair.

The author sighed before he left his computer to get some super glue for the fourth wall.

~

“Conan? Darling, are you okay?”

Conan's eyes opened. He was staring up at the ceiling again, another few minutes lost to memories. “Sorry Rarity-ch... sorry.” He said, a smile on his face as he pushed away the half eaten food.

Rarity nodded her head before she levitated the tray off of the bed and into the air. “Are you sure that you can't eat any more?” She asked.

Conan smiled and shook his head. “I'm okay. I want to go to Twilight's house now.”

Rarity smiled. “Okay, let's head out.” She replied as a hat matching her saddlebag colors was levitated onto her head.

The two of them walked out into the busy street. Vegetable and fruit stands were erected for the day, sales on every merchant's mind. Conan wasn't usually a fan of fruits, but now that he was an equine, he was sure that apples were going to taste better than ramen. His eyes scanned the town as the two of them trotted to Twilight's house. Apparently he wasn't afflicted with some kind of sight disease, since this town was just as colorful as when he woke up yesterday. Every pony was a bright shade of their color, whether it was red, blue, green, or any combination in between. The contrast of these colors compared to the gray and clear colors applied to buildings back in Japan was close to night and day. Another thing he noticed was the lack of traffic. Although the streets were busy, not a single pony bumped into each other.

Rarity knocked on Twilight's door and levitated the hat off of her head, since she considered it uncouth to wear a hat indoors.

A purple and green dragon opened up the door, and Conan's eyes widened as the dragon's eyes glazed over a small amount. “Oh,” Spike laughed nervously. “Hi Rarity. How are you doing?” He asked.

“Just fine, my Spikey Wikey.” Rarity replied as she moved her hooves onto the dragon's cheeks. She squeezed them both a small amount, causing the small dragon's face to turn completely red. He rushed out of the room, muttering something about a moustache while Rarity stepped inside. Conan followed, his muzzle forming into a smile as he saw exactly what he was looking for: books. Shelves upon shelves of books and knowledge. He moved over to the bottom shelves and pulled out a book titled, “The Anatomy of a Pony.”

Rarity moved over to Conan and levitated the book out of his grasp. “I don't think that you will be able to read this Conan.” She said, as the foal jumped up and down to try and get the book.

“Come on, give it to me! I can read it!” Conan yelled in a whiny tone.

The book moved out of Rarity's magical grasp and into Conan's hooves. Twilight's horn stopped glowing and she walked down the stairs to the living room. She had a bright smile on her face. “If he is able to read the book, then we should let him.” She said as she pulled half of one of her shelves of books out. It was that time again, organization time.

Rarity moved over to Twilight and gave her a small hug before pulling back. “Twilight, I need to ask you for help. This, is Conan.” She said, her hoof pointed at the foal.

Conan smiled and bowed his head slightly since he was unable to do a traditional Japanese bow. “Haji... I mean... Nice to meet you.” He said. His Japanese habits were going to have to be broken. His Japanese accent remained in his speech, but his complete fluency with the language was bothering him. After all, he didn’t speak the language that well. Was this a dream? Such a thought had to be put off until later.

“It is nice to meet you Conan. My name is Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight replied, as three books were levitated into the shelf. “What is it that you need my help with?”

Conan looked around the room, taking note of the lack of posters on the walls of the room. Perhaps Twilight Sparkle didn't have any girlish obsessions. After all, Ran's room was the same way. It was extremely basic. Conan felt a headache coming on and he pressed a hoof to his head. Rarity in the meantime was talking with Twilight over an address book and whether or not Twilight currently possessed one.

A frown moved across Twilight's face and she shook her head. “I'm sorry Rarity, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders borrowed my address book to go on one of their adventures.” She said. “I wish I had another copy of the book, but they told me that they would bring it back. Perhaps you could come back in a few days? I will give it to you then. I promise.”

Rarity frowned, but the promise made her feel slightly better, and she nodded her head. “I guess Conan can stay at my house until the address book comes back.” She said.

Conan noticed a slight deflation from her tone and his interest in the book dropped for a moment as his curiosity kicked in once more.

Twilight walked behind Conan as he put down a book on the circulatory system of a pony. “You like reading a lot, don't you?” She asked.

Conan smiled and nodded his head before he took a step away from Twilight. She was moving a little too close to him for comfort. “Yeah, I love these types of books the most. I love learning about peo...nies. Ponies.” Conan replied, a nervous laugh leaving his mouth.

Twilight levitated one of the Daring Do books over to the foal and placed it over the book he was currently reading. Conan felt slightly annoyed that he was broken off from his reading, but this book looked to be pretty interesting as well. Fiction books were interesting, if they weren't terribly written.

Twilight smiled. “This is one of the Daring Do books. I own all of them. They are a very fun series to read! I got one of my friends into reading with this book, and I'm sure that you will like it too.”

Twilight gasped at this sudden revelation, much like Conan did when the final clue fit into place. “Oh no oh no!” Twilight said as she moved over to her clock and looked at the time. She only had six hours until the meeting, and she was already late on her plan to make a checklist for her plans for the day!

Rarity looked over to her friend as the purple pony started to rush back and forth in the room, her magic moving to collect a quill and a scroll to write on. “Is something the matter darling?” She asked Twilight. Rarity stole a glance towards the door. Since the address book was not here, Conan sensed that Rarity’s desire to stay at the house was becoming less prevalent. She looked back to Conan and then to Twilight again, which furthered his suspicions.

Twilight started to write down on the scroll at her lectern while speaking at the same time. “I'm going to be meeting up with four of the most popular pony writers of our era! And I haven't even started on the things that I was supposed to do today!” She said, probably a little more exaggerated than was needed.

Rarity looked to Conan. “Conan, sweetie, you wouldn't mind if you helped out Twilight with her chores, do you? I'm sure that Twilight wouldn't mind bringing you along for her meeting. You get to meet some very famous writers, wouldn't that be fun?” She asked.

Conan understood what Rarity was trying to pull, and he didn't mind it. After all, he was just glad that a house was provided for him even though he was a complete stranger to her. Despite his lack of interest in these pony writers (since they didn't publish anything that stood out to him), he would go.

Conan looked up from his book, his eyes focused on the purple mare. She seemed to be stressing herself more than she should have with her unfortunate circumstance. However, the more information that he could acquire on this place, the better. He was still confused over the fact that there were other characteristics in ponies, such as the ability to fly and do magic. He remembered the unicorn and pegasus races of ancient myths, but he didn't know if those myths were possible. Apparently anything was possible in this kind of world, except becoming human. Conan nodded his head. “Yes, I would love to go!” He said, injecting excitement into his voice to avoid being plugged by Rarity for his feelings again.

Twilight smiled and she looked over to Conan, as she finished the checklist. “Thank you Conan, I very much appreciate this.” She said. “Now if you don't mind.”

All of the shelves were emptied of their books, and Conan had to jump out of the way to avoid being crushed. “I need all of these books reorganized alphabetically. First by author name, then by book name, then by page number, if needed.”

Conan's eyes widened as he looked at the hundreds of books. “Good thing I volunteered at my high school library... or else this would take forever.” He muttered.

~

Pinkie broke the page break again. She looked at the Fimfiction audience, and then back at the author. “Is the case going to be next?” She asked as she clutched the popcorn in her lap with one of her hooves.

The author swallowed some headache relief medicine before he nodded his head without a word.

Pinkie smiled and pumped her hoof in the air. “Yippee!” She said before she sat back against the chair.

Comments ( 14 )

Yay! More please! Why hasn't anypony mentioned his accent? :rainbowhuh: I also feel like Shinichi-kun should've been more full of himself about the letters, or at least try to show off a little.

1247501
I need to ask, does this story happen before or after episode 188 of the anime?

1375438

I can't spoil anything.

Shinichi remained ambivalent because Shinichi is used to the letters. He was surprised at the first episode because it was his "First fan letters". If it fills up his mailbox day after day, I'm sure he would become ambivalent towards it. At least, that's what I think.

1375812
How could they be his first letters if he got shrunk shortly afterwards?

Also...dangitIwannaknowrightnow :pinkiesad2:

1375826

:derpyderp1: This is true. Hmm. I'll think about that.

I can't wait til somepony gets murdered.

4 famous authors. 1 death, 3 suspects. Standard Conan case.

Yeah, I saw what you did there. :ajsmug:

Will this be continued?

2171085
This needs a fat rewrite. It's on my list, but I'm working on other stories for the time being.

2171251 Good to know, thanks!

A rewrite, huh? I'm looking forward to that. I definitely like the story so far.

it says sex....sex as in clop, ill descrive every nasty little detail about pony anthomy and body fluids, or as...they had sex . ...?

necessary information for sailing into a new fic XD

I know you said you would do a re-write eventually, I hope this is still the case. At any rate, just going to point out a quick error, Jimmy/Shinichi/Conan is the High School Detective of the East, Harley/Heiji is the High School Detective of the West.

when will the next chapter be?

2171251
When you gonna update this story

Login or register to comment