• Published 19th Jan 2019
  • 20,332 Views, 250 Comments

Human Courtship - TopQuark



Hard on dough and looking to get a coltfriend before Estrus, what's a pair of struggling musicians to do? Date an alien. It's really the only logical option. (RGRE)

  • ...
40
 250
 20,332
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 107 )

Holy damn, haven't read the new chapter yet but this is a surprise!

A thousand likes for a single chapter woke you from the grave, huh?

This is great please make more!

10030659
Actually, it almost put me in it. :twilightblush:

Sooo... this fic will only update once a year when the planets align or... :P

Holy shit it awakens

Appreciate your hard work and i enjoyed the chapter ^^

Oh my god, Octavia! For all your refinement, you've got a lot to learn. Who would hear that someone from the 'lesser' sex wanted to thank them with dinner, and think they'd be footing the bill? No, when it's a thank-you, you're only footing the bill if the person who made the suggestion was like 'you can thank me by paying for dinner next time we go out' or something like that. I know she means well, but I'm getting a grave sense of CID (Classy Idiot Disorder) from this mare, and I don't like what that seems to say about the future.

Enjoyed the chapter. Compared to the story being dead, a year isn't too bad a wait.

10030820
Stage set or something.
I wouldn’t know I’m more of a home audio guy.

I honestly thought I wouldn't be seeing anything else from this. Sometimes it's nice to be proven wrong. Really enjoying this story, keep it up.

Holy shit, I forgot this story existed.

Ooh, I was very much hoping for a continuation to this story. Very happy to see you back! :pinkiehappy:

Just from reading the one section, it REALLY feels like Pewter Polish is gay for Anon.

Great chapter. See you in 2021.

Consider me hooked! If I could fav twice, I would.

Small error little past the middle, an extra word in a sentence. colt a colt for the quick ctrl-f search.

Also more chapters please.

Excellent update. You've got a great knack for world building, and Vinyl and Octavia are shaping up to be solid characters here. Good work, Top Quark, it's almost RGRE enough!

I like the way you portray Vinyl and Tavi, faithful and believable.

I almost gave up on this ever getting updated! glad to be proved wrong. Please do continue

10030733
I imagine that equestria is both technologically and socially antiquated. 50's era tech and social norms, if you will.

10031091
It's like fallout, retrofuturistic

10031091
My take on it is that, culturally, they are similar to the early twentieth century in the West, right around when feminism started gaining traction. Technologically, they are somewhere around the 1800s, with industrial revolution-style machines, but due to their prioritization of magic, have some things reminiscent of more advanced '80s technology that would normally require electronic computers, like synthesized music and simple arcade games.

Octavia really shouldn't put herself down so much, honestly I've always found the earth pony race to be the most fascinating (besides alicorns and batponies). The earth ponies can't manipulate their world so easily like unicorns or have the 3D mobility advantage like pegasi, but the earth ponies always appear to be the most hardy, creative and in some cases the most mysterious of the bunch.

Also, Octiva is gorgeous and classical music helps sooth my soul.

guess have to wait next year for an update.
you stink mr author.

Brother! Truly you, too, live by the words of Douglas Adams! Rejoice in the whooshing noises of the deadlines as they fly by!

In all seriouslyness, though, I feel you. The muse is a fickle mistress. If I had more writing friends I would set up a critique group. Ah well, I look forward to the next chapter, whenever it comes out.

IT LIVES!

Great chapter. Honestly the RGRE gets pretty old, especially with stuff like "he invited us to dinner as a thank you let me buy him a gift *and* assume that I'm supposed to pay at the fancy restaurant we were, again, invited to.

I still like it don't get me wrong but it's just really hard for me to imagine something like what I just described being anywhere close to the norm, and even if it's reversed who like causal rampant deeply entrenched sexism

Good to see this is back.

Yay your not dead

IT LIVES!

Yup. You're talking way too long. Focus on your life and get that done before you tackle a large project. I'm not waiting seven years for a story. I wish you the best of luck but I'm dropping the follow.

I'm glad to see you're back with a new chapter. I also wish you good luck in your everyday life and hope things turn out well in the end.:twilightsmile:

“not whatever those college limp-cunts are feeding him!”

I believe "saggy-teats" would be a better term

It lives!

I really love your characterization of Octavia here. It's sad, but very well done and something I haven't seen for her before. Seeing this character struggle with her self image the way she has, and how that contributes to her drive to find a mate, has taken your already excellent story and elevated it. I hope we see more, and I thank you for what you've given so far.

10031544
Go back some seventy years, reverse the genders and that's pretty much what'd be expected in the western world too.

How do Humans even express romantic interest in each other? Ritual combat, perhaps?

This made me laugh loud enough to wake my cat.

Shot, it's been so long I had to read the first chapter all over again. Don't regret though. Still a great story, looking forward to it continuing soon!:moustache:

Love the up date, good luck keeping it going.

So happy to see this is back! I can’t wait to read more :raritystarry:

It's been 84 yeeeeeeears.

No, but in all honesty, I'm glad to see another chapter of this pop up! I really like reversed gender roles Equestria stories and the first chapter of this was one I really liked. Looking forward to more!

IT"S ALIVE!!! But i have studying to do! BUT A NEW CHAPTER!!!! ...... My grade will have to go wanting!

10031544
Yes, that is how things mostly were 70-80 years ago, if you flip things backwards. Sexist horses: that's the gimmick, congratulations on picking that up. I'm not entirely sure why you're even here reading this if you don't like the RGRE element, but whatever.

Pp out for the music lovers

10032095
Probably the “You stink” part

Glad to see an update.

Firs things first. Nice

Now that's that's out of the way. Do that you gotta to do live. If those who were waiting for a year did it once. Well fuck we can do it again. (But don't make us please.)

I look forward to this~

Login or register to comment