• Published 8th Aug 2019
  • 633 Views, 16 Comments

Country Mouse, City Mouse: A Love Story - Jade Ring



Follow the ups and downs of Applejack and Rarity's life together, from the best of friends to something more.

  • ...
9
 16
 633

The Rest of the Story

20
-Applejack and Rarity are attending university and are getting rip-roaring drunk to “celebrate” the disastrous end of another of Rarity’s relationships. A thoroughly sauced Rarity questions if things are easier on Applejack’s side of the fence, and the feisty farmer is forced to admit that she’s been in a dry spell since her last relationship fizzled out. Rarity confesses that she’s often wondered what it would be like being with a woman instead and makes a drunken pass. Applejack is tempted, but ultimately evades… but promises that if Rarity feels the same way sober, then they’ll talk. Rarity promptly passes out, and Applejack goes to bed with renewed hope.

Rarity’s Diary II
-Rarity remarks on how her relationship with Applejack has grown and the possibility that it might be something more now. She decides to go see Applejack and find out how she really feels. Rarity returns to finish the entry by stating that yes, it turns out she actually is into Applejack and has to run off, as the blonde is waiting for her in the shower.

25
-To celebrate their anniversary, Applejack takes Rarity on a picnic in the park. The two reflect on the past few years and toast their future. Rarity is surprised when their other friends appear… and further shocked when Applejack proposes. She accepts, and the crowd cheers as the two embrace.

AJ’s Journal III
-Applejack writes about how happy she’s become, and how enthusiastically Rarity is planning the wedding.

30
-Applejack returns home from a day in the fields to find Rarity playing in her home studio with the two’s young son, Rome. After Rarity nearly drops the toddler, she sees a nearby bottle and reminds her wife that she agreed to cut back on the drinking. Rarity laughs it off and says that it was a small slip up.

Rarity’s Diary III
-Rarity confesses that because of the dual pressures of work and child-rearing, she has indeed been drinking more. She claims that she has it under control.

35
-Following a disastrous couple’s therapy session, Applejack and Rarity sit in the car and talk seriously about what their next step needs to be. Applejack finds a hidden flask and unloads, demanding that Rarity take control of herself. A tearful Rarity asks for a divorce.

AJ’s Journal IV
-Applejack writes about Rarity moving out while they figure out what to do next. She explains how much she loves her wife and confesses her fears that her path will lead to her death.

40
-Applejack and Rome are in attendance as Rarity receives her three year chip. Rarity proudly tells the rest of the group that she wouldn’t have made it this far without the support of her family. She and Applejack embrace to the crowd’s delight… and Rome’s embarrassment.

Rarity’s Diary IV
-Rarity writes about the ever present temptation to once again climb into the bottle, but assures herself that Applejack will always be there to support her.

45
-The couple sits and watches as Rome has his first dance with his new wife. Rarity worries that he’s married too young, but Applejack assures her that they raised him right and he knows what he’s doing. Applejack asks her wife to dance, and the two spin out onto the floor.

AJ’s Journal V
-Applejack confesses that the wedding wore her out more than she realized and that she’s been getting more tired more easily as of late. She worries that something might be wrong.

50
-Applejack lies in a hospital bed, her body ravaged by the last stages of cancer. She and Rarity talk about their lives together, and each assures the other that they wouldn’t change a thing. Rarity promises her wife that she’ll stay strong… even if the worst should happen. Applejack gives Rarity her journal and tells her to read it when the time comes.

Rarity’s Diary V
-Rarity talks about how Applejack has passed. She reads the journal and thanks her wife for everything she gave her; her life, her son, and her love.

Epilogue
-Back in kindergarten, Applejack and Rarity wait for their parents to pick them up. They affirm their new status as best friends forever before heading home. Rarity’s mom asks how her day was, and Rarity simply tells her “I made a friend.”

Comments ( 3 )

A shame that this didn't work out, but I'm grateful that you gave it a try.

I really would have liked to see how this would have gone, but thank you for adding this closure.

Failed or not, I did enjoy this experiment.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment