• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 718 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 718

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Team Skull

This was it, the day where Felix officially starts his Island Challenge. He had been eager to start his trials and now was the time. However that would also mean having to watch over Starlight until they could reach Poni Island. Luckily for him Starlight didn't mind tagging along. His day started as usual, he went over to Kukui's place met Rotom, went to the trainer school completed his lesson and petted Hau's Tauros. Now he was on his way to Hau'oli City.

"So what exactly do you do in these trials?" Starlight asked.

"What you don't know, I thought you were with my parents the last time you came to Alola," said Felix.

"No I was pretty much stuck in Aether Paradise for the majority of the visit," Starlight said embarrassed.

"Well here in Alola, if you're doing the island challenge, trainers take part in these trials which teaches us to overcome our limits as trainers," said Felix.

"Sounds like something Rainbow dash would be interested," said Starlight.

"Each of the four islands in this regions has at least one trial in which trainers has to battle random wild Pokemon to reach the end where the trainers go up against the strongest Pokemon out of all the others called the Totem Pokemon," said Felix.

"Totem Pokemon?" asked Starlight.

"It's easier to say, it's like the final boss of the trial," answered Felix.

"So it's stronger than any of the Pokemon you face before," said Starlight.

"Pretty much, also each island has a Grand Trial where trainers battle the Island's Kahuna after completing all the trials on that specific island, for example Hau," said Felix.

"That's cool," said Starlight.

"Oh hey there's Illima," said Felix pointing to the Melemele trial captain. The two walked over to see Illima putting up some sort of yellow sticky on the wall of the Pokemon Center. "Hey Illima," said Felix. The trial captain turned around smiling.

"Oh why hello Felix didn't think you would be here, starting your trials I assume," said Illima.

"Sure thing," said Felix.

"Nice, and I see you've brought your pony friend, Starshine was it?" asked Illima.

"Starlight actually, Starlight Glimmer," corrected Starlight.

"Oh of course my apologies," said Illima.

"So Illima what exactly are you putting up on the wall there?" asked Felix.

"Oh, well so you caught me putting up these Totem Stickers," said Illima.

"Totem Stickers?" asked Starlight.

"It's a trial-goers thing," said Illima.

"Really is it new, cause I've never heard of Totem Stickers until now," said Felix.

"Indeed it is new, the Kahunas recently established the Totem Sticker system, in which if a trial-goer collects a certain amount of Totem Stickers, they'll get a chance to receive a Totem sized Pokemon," said Illima. That caught Felix's attention.

"You're bluffing," said Felix.

"I am not," said Illima smiling.

"You mean actual Totem Size Pokemon," asked Felix. Illima nodded. "That's so cool," said Felix.

"What about it?" asked Starlight.

"You see Totem Pokemon, compared to normal Pokemon are not just different in strength but also in size, a Totem Pokemon is a lot bigger than any normal Pokemon in the wild, thus it's not something you can just find walking around," answered Felix.

"So what you're saying is, it's rare?" asked Starlight. Felix nodded still smiling.

"But recently we've had reports of those Team Skull thugs causing trouble, I suggest you be careful when you're out there," said Illima walking off.

"Great Team Skull," said Felix.

"Who's Team Skull?" asked Starlight.

"They're a group of trainers, that likes to cause mischief, and interfere with trial-goers during their island challenge, as well as stealing Pokemon from others," answered Felix.

"Wait so these so called trouble makers are roaming around the city?" asked Starlight.

"I don't know, but we should try a be careful like Illima said," answered Felix. "In the meantime we should try and get to the trial site as soon as possible,"

"Wait before we move on, can we get something to eat, I'm getting kind of hungry," said Starlight.

"Hmm not a bad idea, I know a place nearby, follow me," said Felix. Starlight, really happy that Felix was going to feed her, ran to catch up with him. Lucky for her, Felix had led her to a nearby Malassada shop that was nearby the Pokemon Center. It's been a while since Starlight ate the sweet surgery doughnut so she was happy that the place was only several blocks. Although she felt kind of bad having Felix pay for her meal. But for some reason he didn't mind. After several pieces of Malassada the two walked out, full of energy and ready to take on the trial.

"That was delicious," said Starlight licking the glaze and powder sugar off her lips.

"I'm glad you liked it," said Felix.

"So Trial?" asked Starlight.

"Yep," answered Felix.

"Yo, yo, yo check it, whenever, wherever we meet you, Team Skull don't even greet you!" a voice called out from the distance. The two turned around to see two figures walking up to them. Both figures, wore a black tank top with two white lines crossing each other in a X formation along with black shorts. A black bandana covered their mouths while a silver necklace with the letter S in the shape of a skull hung around their neck. But the most distinguishable part of the figures clothes was their white hat and two black circles to make it look like a skull. "Hmph a trial-goer in this city huh," said one of the figures.

"You, you're from Team Skull!" said Felix.

"You know it, so how about you hand over that new rare Pokemon you got there homie," said Skull Grunt A.

"What rare Pokemon?" asked Felix.

"You the pony next to you, hand it over or we gonna take it from you," said Skull Grunt B.

"Well I hate to break it to you but I'm not a Pokemon," said Starlight. That's when the two grunts let their arms drop and stare at the two looking defeated.

"What you mean you ain't a Pokemon?" asked Grunt A.

"She means she isn't a Pokemon," said Felix.

"Aye we know home slice, toss us a bone will ya?" asked Grunt A.

"The only thing you'll get from us is a beating," said Felix pulling out a Pokeball.

"Oh that's how's it gonna be aye?" asked Grunt B.

"Starlight stay back I got this," said Felix. Starlight nodded as she backs away giving Felix space.

"Yo check how I change the game with my mad Pokemon Skills!" said Grunt B pulling out his own Pokeball. "Go Zubat!" said Grunt B tossing his ball. As the ball popped open a white energy burst out and takes the form of a small blue bat.

"Lycanroc let's go!" said Felix throwing his Pokeball. Starlight watched as Felix's orange coated wolf emerges from it's ball, it's green eyes glaring at the opposing Pokemon.

"Zubat wing attack!" Grunt B ordered.

"Lycanroc steady," said Felix as the Zubat flew towards Lycanroc, it's wings glowing white. "Now Accelrock!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc let out a howl as it charged towards the Zubat and tackled it causing a small explosion sending the Zubat and several shards of stone flying in every direction. The Grunt ran over to check on his Pokemon only to find it lying on the ground not moving indicating it had fainted.

"For real, over already!?" yelped the Grunt calling back his Pokemon.

"Nice job Lycanroc and Felix," said Starlight clapping her hooves. Lycanroc happily walked over and began licking Starlight on the face happy for the compliment.

"No fair, I was playing a different game!" groaned the Grunt.

"Let's get up out of this port B, nobody has to know about this," said Grunt A. "We don't need your wack pony anyway, wouldn't even take her if you gave her to us!" With that the two grunts run past them and in the opposite direction they came from.

"Well excuse me for being wack," said Starlight offended. Lycanroc turned around and growled at the two grunts still running in the distance. "Oh who's a good boy?" cooed Starlight scratching Lycanroc's chin as it happily nuzzled Starlight.

"Heh gotta say, Lycanroc has really taken a liking to you Starlight," said Felix.

"He's so adorable when he's not battling," said Starlight petting Lycanroc.

"Hey I know how about I let you use him until I can get you home," suggested Felix.

"Wait you mean lending your Pokemon to me?" asked Starlight.

"I mean i's not like you're going to take him back home with you right?" asked Felix.

"No, but are you sure about this?" asked Starlight.

"It's cool, if Lycanroc's happy with it I don't mind lending him to you for the time being, plus you'll have a Pokemon to protect you while I'm not around," said Felix.

"That's true I guess," said Starlight.

"Come on don't break Lycanroc's heart," said Felix. Starlight looked into Lycanroc's eyes as it whimpered obviously wanting her to say yes.

"Alright if you insist," said Starlight. With that Lycanroc jumped on top of her and began licking her face. "Ok, ok I get you'r happy, I'm happy too," said Starlight laughing.

"Now come on you two let's go, I have my trial to complete," said Felix. Both Lycanroc and Starlight got to their feet and followed Felix as they headed towards the Pokemon Center.

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 complete. So now we're introduced to Team Skull and the Totem Stickers. So for this I decided not to have Illima test Felix since it's pretty obvious that he's pretty much strong in itself, I mean he took out the Grunt's Zubat in one turn. Also I've decided to have Starlight "borrow" Felix's Lycanroc since I plan to have Felix use other Pokemon for his team during his Island Challenge and I wasn't willing to find a Pokemon Starlight could use for this adventure. Unless someone has any suggestions, Starlight will be using Felix's Lycanroc for this story.

PreviousChapters Next