• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 717 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 717

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Versus Totem Togedemaru

Starlight threw the Pokeball hitting the Elgyem on the head sucking it in. The ball fell on the ground with a plop and started wiggling. After three complete wiggles the ball clicked shut as little stars popped out. Smiling she walked over and picked up the Pokeball.

"Great work my student," said Felix walking over.

"I'm really enjoying this," said Starlight smiling.

"Who knew that you could be such a good trainer," said Lillie.

"Well if we're done catching Pokemon how about we head back to the Hokulani Observatory?" asked Felix.

"Sounds like someone is eager for their trial," said Rotom.

"Well you know me," said Felix. The three talked and laughed as they made their way to the Hokulani Observatory. As the three approached the entrance they could see a man in his mid thirties standing out in the front. He was wearing a blue jacket black work pants and shoes of the same color. His sandy cream colored hair flowed in the wind.

"Hey there!" he said waving the three of them over.

"Hello," said Lillie.

"Well, three at once I suppose," said the man adjusting his glasses.

"Actually it's just me sir," said Felix. "And I guess you're the temporary captain?"

"Actually no, the temporary captain is inside, then again I'm not a captain at all," said the man.

"Wait you're not?" asked Starlight.

"No, but I once was, anyways I'm Molayne I actually run the PC boxes here in Alola," said the man.

"I'm Felix, and these are my friends, Starlight Glimmer and Lillie," said Felix.

"Well it's nice to meet you," said Molayne.

"So..." Felix began.

"Ah yes the trial, well before that there's something I would like to give you," said Molayne. He held out his hand towards Felix. "Go on take it," said Molayne. Confused, Felix reached out and grabbed the shiny grey Z-Crystal Molayne had in his hand.

"Is this?" Starlight asked.

"Behold!" Molayne announced. Felix looked up as Molayne put his arms up in front of his face in an X formation, threw his arms up and out over to his side, then brought them up in front right wrist over left. He then clenched his hands into fists and tapped them against each other then pulled both arms back and thrusted them forward. "Cutting sharpness, unyielding power, yes this move has them both!" Molayne announced. "And it is what you need to know to draw forth the Steel Type Z-Power,"

"That's great and all, but are you sure it's alright to be giving me this?" asked Felix.

"I gathered these Z-Crystals when I was on my own Island Challenge back in my own day, adventuring with Kukui and my Pokemon in search of strength, I have no use of it anymore so you should go ahead and use it," answered Molayne.

"Wow Molayne thank you so much!" said Felix.

"No problem, now let's get that trial started shall we," said Molayne walking into the observatory. Felix took a deep as he followed Molayne inside with Lillie and Starlight tagging behind.

"Wow nice place," said Felix.

"Twilight would love this," said Starlight.

"Hey look," said Lillie pointing to her right. The three looked over to see Molayne standing before a group of small green box like creatures with two blue eyes a wide jaw and two yellow stubs sticking out under the eyes. However one Pokemon was small round and grey with brown and yellow spikes on it's back. It had two small yellow cheeks and stubby arms and legs.

"What are those?" asked Starlight.

Rotom quickly flew over and scanned the small round Pokemon and pulled up it's data,"Togedemaru, Roly-Poly Pokemon, Electric Steel Type, The long hairs on its back act as lightning rods. The bolts of lightning it attracts are stored as energy in its electric sac," states Rotom.

"Aww how cute," cooed Lillie. Rotom flew over and scanned the green box Pokemon next.

"Charjabug, Battery Pokemon, Bug Electric Type and the evolved form of Grubbin, Its body is capable of storing electricity. On camping trips, people are grateful to have one around," states Rotom.

"Here at Hokulani we get help from Pokemon like Charjabug and Togedemaru for work," said Molayne. He turned towards the Charjabug and nodded. "Well I guess it's time to feed you guys," The Charjabug buzzed in unison as if they were happy that they were being fed.

"Well let's not bother the Charjabug during their meal, so let's go find the captain," suggested Starlight. Felix and Lillie nodded in agreement and the three headed over to the double doors at the back and walked in. The three looked around the small area before they finally walked through the only accessible door. Inside looked almost tidy if it wasn't for the sofa, and coffee table scattered with stuff to the left. But everything else was almost filled with some sort of technology almost making it seem like an actual lab.

"Wow," said Lillie.

"Twilight would go crazy for this," said Starlight. The three looked ahead to see a young woman in her mid twenties standing before them. She had a yellow vest with black pants and yellow high heels. Her hair was dyed yellow with a what seemed to be a headset with long black wires drooping down.

"Is that her?" asked Lillie.

"Definitely looks like it," said Felix.

"Oh hello, you must be here for the trial," she said.

"Yes I am," said Felix.

'Well good to hear, I'm Elesa from the Unova Region," said the woman.

"I'm Felix, and these are my friends, Starlight Glimmer and Lillie," said Felix.

"Nice to meet you miss," said Lillie bowing.

"Nice to meet you too," said Elesa.

"So what do I have to do?" asked Felix.

"Oh you want to start now, I'm afraid I can't do anything until you have those Charjabug," said Elesa.

"Oh, but they're having dinner," said Lillie.

"Not anymore!" Molayne announced. The three turned around to see Molayne standing in front of the door. "They're ready for you miss," said Molayne.

"Good to hear, this way then," said Elesa walking out of the room. The three followed her into a room with a large table set in front a giant mechanical version of a Pokemon. "Alright the trial is simple, you just need to connect the Charjabug that are on the roller," said Elesa.

"Hmm sounds simple enough," said Felix.

Use the four button on the edges of the roller to rotate the panels," Elesa explained. "Watch this as an example," Molayne walked to the top right side of the roller and pushed the button as the Charjabug in the center moved to the right. He then went to the top left and pushed the button moving the Charjabug on the left to the center and the Charjabug on the top left, down. "You don't need to worry which way the Charjabug are facing," said Elesa.

"I think I get it now," said Felix.

"Good then let's start the trial!" announced Elesa. Felix ran over to the Roller as Molayne put two Charjabug on the top and one on the top right while he put a third on the center right panel. Felix walked over to the button on the top left and pushed it to move the Charjabug on the top one panel to the left. He then walked over to the button to his right and pushed it to move the Charjabug on the top right panel, one panel to the left and the Charjabug on the right panel up one panel. Once the Charjabug was in place the panels popped out and slid the Charjabug into the gutters near the edge.

"Got it!" announced Felix.

"Great then let's start up the Pinger," said Elesa. She pushed the yellow button near the machine as a stream of electricity began flowing through the circuits and into the machine. The machine sparked to life as the green bar on the back began to glow. "Great now we just need to wait for the Totem," said Elesa. But just as she said that a loud zapping could be heard as a small yellow Pokemon jumped out. It head two ears like plugs and four black stripes on it's stomach leading to a black lighting bolt symbol.

"That's not the Totem," said Molayne. Rotom scanned the Pokemon and pulled up the data.

"Elekid, Electric Pokemon, Electric Type, Elekid stores electricity in its body. If it touches metal and accidentally discharges all its built-up electricity, this Pokémon begins swinging its arms in circles to recharge itself," states Rotom.

"Well it can't be too hard to beat, Go Lycanroc!" said Felix throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as Lycanroc emerged barking. "Accelrock!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc charged and tackled the Elekid sending multiple chunks of rocks flying. The Elekid let out a buzzing sound as it ran off.

"That was easy," said Starlight.

"Yeah but it seems like one row of Charjabug isn't going to be enough to call in the Totem," said Elesa. She walked over and placed three more Charjabug onto the roller and nodded. "Let's try again," Felix walked over and pushed the button on the bottom right to move the Charjabug on the right to the center and the Charjabug on the bottom to the bottom right. He then walked over to the bottom left button and pushed it twice to move the Charjabug into place. The panels flashed green and popped out to push the other three Charjabug into the gutter at the bottom.

"Got it!" Felix announced.

"Alright let's try again," said Elesa pushing the yellow button. This time the stream of electricity traveled through the first row of Charjabug as well as the second row. The electricity flowed through the circuits as the yellow bar on the machine flashed on.

"Great maybe it'll work this time," said Molayne. Just then another yellow Pokemon jumped out. This one was a lot bigger than the last one and had multiple black strips running up and down it's body. It had two antennas sticking out from the side of it's head.

"Electabuzz, Electric Pokemon, Electric Type, and the evolved form of Elekid, When a storm arrives, gangs of this Pokémon compete with each other to scale heights that are likely to be stricken by lightning bolts. Some towns use Electabuzz in place of lightning rods," states Rotom.

"Lycanroc Stone Edge!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc stomped the ground with it's claws as multiple large pillars of rock erupted from the ground and struck Electabuzz. Electabuzz hissed as it ran off.

"Seriously this is too easy," said Felix.

"Yes but it's still not enough," said Molayne.

"I guess then you'll add another?" asked Lillie.

"Indeed I will," said Elesa. She walked over to the roller as she added the last three Charjabug. "Well that's the last three, let's see if you can figure this one out," said Elesa. Felix walked over to the roller but realized he had no clue what to do. The first two times was easy since the panels had shown him where to put the Charjabug, but now there was nothing.

"Um sorry which panels am I supposed to move the Charjabug?" asked Felix.

"I'll give you a hint, Sparkling Stone," said Molayne. Felix looked at him completely dumbfounded. He had no idea what that meant and looked at the roller. What did Sparkling Stone have to do with this?

"Oh I get it!" Starlight announced.

"As do I," said Lillie. Felix looked the four completely lost He had no clue what they were thinking. He looked back at the roller. Nine Charjabugs, Nine panels, Sparkling Stone, that's when it hit him. He didn't know if it was correct but it was worth trying. He walked over to the top right button and pushed it to move the right Charjabug up a panel. He then walked down to the bottom left and pushed the button to move the left Charjabug down. He pushed it again to move it to the center bottom. He went back up to the top left and pushed the button to move the Charjabug down one panel, then went back to the bottom left and pushed the button to move the Charjabug into place making a Z formation. The panels flashed green.

"Got it!" Felix announced.

"Great job Felix," said Starlight. His hunch was correct now he understood Molayne when he said Sparkling Stone. The Sparkling Stone is what is used to make the Z-Power Ring so that he can put in Z-Crystals and use Z-Power to use Z-Moves. The letter Z was the key.

"Alright take three, let's hope this works," said Elesa. She pushed the yellow button as electricity began running through the rows of Charjabugs in the Z formation. As the electricity ran through the circuits the red bar on the machine flashed red and it began to vibrate violently. Suddenly the machine unhooked itself from the wires and faced the Charjabug.

"Oh no the Charjabug will get blasted with electricity if we don't do something!" Elesa exclaimed. The machine began to shake as it launched a stream of electricity towards the Charjabug. Just then, Togedemaru jumped up in front of the Charjabug and began absorbing the electricity.

"Togedemaru!?" Lillie yelped.

"Togedemaru's ability Lightning Rod, can attract electricity to itself, but the current is too strong, there's no way Togedemaru's electric sacs can handle all of it!" Molayne exclaimed.

"We have to save it!" Starlight exclaimed.

"No Starlight it's too dangerous!" said Felix holding her back.

"But....but..." Starlight whimpered unable to bear watching Togedemaru suffer. Then a loud metallic clang grabbed everyone's attention.

"Bzzt!" Rotom yelped. "Up there!" Rotom yelled. The five looked up to see a giant Togedemaru standing above them. It jumped up and into the electric current absorbing the electricity so that Togedemaru could escape. The machine eventually died down as the giant Togedemaru landed on the ground and turned to face Felix. It let out a metallic squeak as electricity ran up and down it's body.

"That's it the Totem of Hokulani Observatory, Togedemaru!" Molayne announced. Togedemaru let out another squeak as it's orange aura flared to life.

"Heh so you finally showed yourself, let's do this Lycanroc Fire Fang!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc opened it's jaws as it lunged towards Togedemaru and bit down on it's steel body as sparks of flames burst out. But Togedemaru shook it off like it was nothing. Lycanroc retreated back Felix and growled. "How'd you like that!?" Felix boasted. But before anybody could say a word Togedemaru's body began to glow in a grey tint as it tackled Lycanroc with it's entire body. Lycanroc howled as it collapsed. "What!?" Felix gasped.

"Hmm Iron Head, super effective isn't it?" asked Elesa.

"I'm not going down that easily, Go Silvally!" said Felix throwing his second Pokeball. The ball popped open as Silvally emerged from the ball. It's yellow fur sparkled in the light and it's eyes and fins glowing in a brown tint. "Ha with a Ground Type you can't scare me!" Felix beamed. But Togedemaru didn't seem intimidated. It let out a squeak and before he knew it, A bird with steel coating appeared next to the Totem.

"What is that?" asked Starlight.

"Skarmory, Armor Bird Pokemon, Steel Flying Type, Skarmory is entirely encased in hard, protective armor. This Pokémon flies at close to 190 mph. It slashes foes with its wings that possess sword like cutting edges," states Rotom.

"Hmm Skarmory I'll deal with you later, but for now Multi Attack on Togedemaru!" Felix ordered. Silvally growled as it raised it's talons to attack. But before Silvally could land a hit, Togedemaru turned around and raised it's spikes. Just as Silvally slashed it pricked it's talons on one of Togedemaru's sharp spikes causing it to howl in pain and retreat back Felix. "Silvally are you ok?" Felix asked. Silvally whimpered as it licked its talon in pain.

"Spiky Shield not bad," said Molayne. Skarmory let out a cry as it threw multiple pointed stones that floated around Silvally.

"Stealth Rocks too!?" Lillie gasped.

"What's wrong?" asked Starlight.

"Stealth Rocks is a move that sets up pointed stones on the opponent's field so that it they ever switch out, their Pokemon takes damage from the stones," answered Lillie. Starlight looked at Felix with a worried look.

"Hang in there Silvally we can't let this thing beat us, Multi Attack on Togedemaru!" Felix ordered. Silvally growled as it lunged at Togedemaru and slashed at it's face with it's talons as chunks of dirt flew off into separate directions. "Yes its super effective!" Felix announced. Just than Togedemaru pulled out a small yellow berry and gobbled it up restoring some of it's HP. "Oh come on a Sitrus Berry!?" Felix groaned. Skarmory wasn't planning on showing mercy either. It began to flap it's wings a gust of wind began blowing towards them. "Seriously Tailwind!?" Felix complained.

"What's Tailwind?" asked Starlight.

"It's a move that increases the speed of the party that used the move," answered Lillie.

"This isn't looking good," said Starlight.

"Fine that's the way it's gonna be, Swords Dance!" Felix ordered. Silvally howled as multiple transparent swords began swinging around Silvally as a red aura began flowing upwards. Felix knew that he made the right move considering that Togedemaru's Spiky Shield had failed and Skarmory's Torment wasn't going to help it for now. "Alright Silvally let's end this Multi Attack on Togedemaru!" Felix ordered. Silvally howled as it lunged towards Togedemaru and slashed at it's face with it's talons causing dirt to fly everywhere. Togedemaru let out a pained screech as it collapsed on the ground unable to continue. "Yes Totem down!" Felix beamed.

"He did it!" Starlight cheered.

"Yeah now he has that Skarmory to worry about," said Lillie.

Felix smirked as he suddenly called back Silvally,"Oh don't worry I got a special treatment for you," He pulled out his third Pokemon and threw it. The ball popped open as Larvesta emerged. Skarmory cried as it flew towards Larvesta it's wings glowing. "Dodge it!" Felix ordered. Larvesta swiftly jumped off to the left as Skarmory flew past it missing it by an inch.

"What could he be planning?" asked Elesa.

"Who knows," said Molayne.

"Hey Starlight wanna see what a Z-Move looks like?" asked Felix.

"Is he?" asked Starlight.

"He is," answered Lillie. Felix raised his arms up to his face in an X formation and swung his arms up and out and down to his side, then brought them forward with his right arm over his left. He began fanning upwards and held out his arm with his palm facing forward and his left hand on his right arm. The bright orange aura erupted from his body and into Larvesta. "Larvesta let's finish this, Inferno Overdrive!" Larvesta let out a cute squeak as a ball of fire began to grow as it absorbed flames that appeared out of nowhere. The ball of fire grew and grew until it was five times as big as itself. Larvesta let out a loud buzz as it launched the ball of fire straight at Skarmory and swallowed it whole before exploding. Once the light died down Skarmory was on the ground unconscious. "Heh too easy," said Felix.

"Nice work Felix!" said Lillie.

"Thanks," said Felix. He turned towards Starlight who was still staring at him in shock. "So what did you think?" he asked.

"Felix......that........was........AMAZING!!!!" Starlight exclaimed. "I've never seen such power with my eyes!"

"Well that's a Z-Move for ya," said Felix.

"Congratulations Felix," said Elesa as she and Molayne walked up to them.

"It wasn't just me it was my Pokemon," said Felix smiling. Larvesta let out a happy squeak when it's body suddenly began to glow. The five watched in awe as Larvesta began to grow bigger and change forms. Very soon Larvesta was gone and in it's place was a large moth with six large orange wings and blue eyes with red horns.

"Did, Larvesta just?" asked Starlight.

"It evolved!" Lillie announced.

"Volcarona, the Sun Pokemon, Bug Fire Type, and the evolved form of Larvesta, A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales," states Rotom. "Data updated!" Rotom announced.

"Volcarona, you've grown so much," said Felix. "I'm so proud of you," Volcarona let out a happy buzz as it nuzzled close to it's trainer.

"Hey, now we're not done yet, you still need your reward," said Molayne.

"Right," said Felix. Elesa walked up to him and held out her hand. Felix happily took the shining yellow Z-Crystal from Elesa and held it up to the light.

"It's so beautiful," said Starlight.

"This is how you use it," said Elesa. She raised her arms up to her face in an X formation and swung up and out and to her side, then held out her arms with her right over her left. She then swung her arm around and bent her right arm downwards and her left arm upwards with only their elbows touching and both of her palms facing out to form a lightning bolt with her arms. "It may look tricky, but once you use it you'll get used to it," said Elesa.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it," said Felix.

"You're going to tackle another trial right, I suggest you go to Tapu Village for that," said Molayne.

"Got it thanks," said Felix.

"I wish you luck On your Island Challenge," said Elesa.

"Oh before I forget actually, there's someone who wanted to meet you in Malie Garden, you should go see what is it they need," said Molayne.

"Ok," said Felix.

"Come on, we'll walk you out," said Elesa. Felix, Starlight, and Lillie made their way towards the front door with Elesa and Molayne following behind.

"Be careful out there and good luck," said Elesa.

"Thank you both for everything," said Starlight.

"Stop where you are!" a voice spoke up. The five turned around to see the same group of people that had ambushed them on Wela Volcano Park surround them.

"Wha these guys!" said Felix. From within the crowd. A single man emerged from the crowd. He was wearing a blue and yellow robe and large P was engraved on the collar. He had a strange red visor over his left eye and his cream green colored hair flowed in the wind.

"So these are the ones, the others mentioned?" asked the man. "Hmph they don't look like much,"

"Wait I know you!" said Elesa.

"Ah if it isn't the electric type gym leader," said the man.

"Who..... who are you?" asked Lillie.

The man closed his eyes and laughed. "I am Ghetsis, I'm representing Team Plasma, as for you I've been given specific orders from my boss, Supernova,"

Author's Note:

Chapter 31 complete: Woo finally finished. I mean sure this was long, but compared to all the other Versus Totem Chapters I'd say that this one was one of the longest. But of course Felix managed to beat Totem Togedemaru in the end. And also his Larvesta evolved during the process. Now with five trials done he only has three more trials plus the two grand trials. But before he can make his way to Tapu Village he has to pay someone a visit in Malie Garden. But of course Team Plasma interferes. But now as Felix's adventure slowly makes it's way to it's end, surely Necrozma will make things harder for him.

PreviousChapters Next