• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 716 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 716

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Versus Totem Marowak

Felix and Starlight continued to make their way up Wela Volcano. Ever since the incident with Ultra Aether the two promised to be more careful so that Felix's parents wouldn't worry. Gladion and the others had moved on with their own adventures while Officer Jenny and three cops ran off in search of Supernova and his employees. Felix never would've thought that former Team Cosmos Admin Nova had been the President of Ultra Aether. The question was why he was here. Felix decided to shake that thought off as he wiped a bead of sweat off his brows. To think that climbing Wela Volcano was this difficult.

"Man it's hot," groaned Felix.

"No kidding," gasped Starlight as she pulled out her bottle of water she purchased at the Pokemon Center. Her Raichu let out a sad squeak as he hovered next to her. "Thanks Raichu, I'm fine," said Starlight.

"Man who could of thought that Supernova was the one behind all this," said Felix.

"Hey let's not talk about that now, look we made it," said Starlight. She was right the two came to a stop in front of a set of trial gates.

"Well here I go," said Felix passing through the gates. The two walked passed the gates and up the Volcano to the peak where a female figure was waiting for them.

"Alola!" she called out to them. The two walked over as the girl put her hands on her hips. "I assume one of you is here for the trial," she said. The girl clearly was still a teenager due to her young looks. She wore green pants and nothing more than a black tank top. Her red hair was tied back into a ponytail in a way that they looked like a red flower sprouting from the ground. "Nice to meet you, I'm Flannery, from the Hoenn region," said the girl.

"I assume you're the temporary trial captain," said Felix.

"Oh so you already know about that," said Flannery. "That's right, I'm covering for Kiawe," answered Flannery.

"I'm Felix, and this is my friend Starlight Glimmer," said Felix introducing themselves.

"It's nice to meet you," smiled Starlight.

"Well then now we got that out of our way, what do I have to do?" asked Felix.

"Easy, I'll show you three different dances using Kiawe's Marowak and then you have to find the difference in each one," answered Flannery.

"Doesn't sound too bad, alright I'm ready," said Felix.

"Alright then, come now Marowak!" Flannery called out. Just then three creatures jumped out from behind the Volcano. All three had purple scaly bodies with a skull on their head with a purple star engraved on the forehead. Each held large bones twice their size with blue flames engulfed on both ends.

"Whoa what are those?" asked Starlight.

"Allow me," said Rotom scanning the Pokemon. "Marowak, Alolan Form, Ghost Fire Type, and the evolved form of Cubone, The bone it possesses were once it's mother's. It's mother's regrets have become like a vengeful spirit protecting this Pokemon," said Rotom.

"Alolan Marowak huh," said Felix. "Well I already know how this will turn out," said Felix pulling out his Pokeball.

"Now hold on a sec," said Flannery. Confused Felix lowered his Pokeball as the three began swinging their bone clubs in a circle as they began dancing. After a while the three stopped for a pose in different directions. The two Marowak on the end held their bones up while looking upwards while the Marowak in the middle held it's bone in it's left arm behind it's back and in the air with it's right arm was on the ground. "Watch carefully and memorize this dance," said Flannery. Then the Marowaks once again began dancing and eventually struck another pose. The two Marowak on the ends held the same pose as before but the Marowak in the center held it's bone in front of it while it's head was bent backwards. "What was different from the previous dance?' asked Flannery. Felix looked at the Marowak and scratched his chin.

"The middle Marowak," he suddenly answered.

"B-but how, that was truly spectacular, and to add to the spectacle," said Flannery snapping her fingers. Suddenly the Marowak in the center jumped out and swung it's bone around.

"Heh, this is going to be too easy," chuckled Felix raising his arm. "Go Lycanroc!" he said calling out his Pokemon. Lycanroc emerged and growled at the opposing Marowak. "Crunch!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc lunged at the Marowak and bit down on it hard just as it lifted it's bone as self defense. However, when Lycanroc bit down on the bone, it bit down on Marowak's arm as well causing it to yelp. Marowak managed to shake off Lycanroc but instead ran back to join the other two.

"Marowak was so pleased by your right answer that it simply had to battle you!" Flannery exclaimed. Felix raised an eyebrow while Starlight and Raichu giggled in the background. "Well anyway onward to the second dance," said Flannery. The Marowak once again began dancing and stopped for a pose. This time all but one Marowak held out their bones in front of them while one had it's back turned and held it's bone behind him. But this time a hiker was staring at Felix instantly sending chills up his spine. "Watch carefully and memorize this dance," said Flannery. The Marowak once again began dancing and stopped for a pose. This time all the Marowak was in the same position but this time the hiker was smiling at Felix. "What was different from the previous dance?" asked Flannery.

Disgusted, Felix answered,"How they're smiling,"

"B-but how, that was truly spectacular, and to add to the spectacle," said Flannery snapping her fingers again. This time the hiker ran up to Felix and did the usual Alolan greeting.

"Alola!" he said pulling out a Pokeball. "Go Magmar!" he said throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as a strange creature emerged. The creature had yellow and red scales and red spikes running down it's back. It's tail and head was emitting flames as it's whole body glowed like flames in a campfire.

"What is that?' asked Starlight.

"Allow me," said Rotom scanning the Pokemon. "Magmar, the spitfire Pokemon and the evolved form of Magby, In battle, Magmar blows out intensely hot flames from all over it's body to intimidate opponents. This Pokemon's fiery bursts creates heat waves that can ignite grass and trees in it's surroundings," said Rotom.

"Another fire type no problem, Rock Slide!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled as it stomped the ground summoning multiple large rocks out of the ground and threw it at the opposing Magmar. The rocks struck the Magmar from every side eventually knocking it unconscious. "Got him!" said Felix. Starlight and Raichu clapped as they watched from off the side. The hiker called back his Pokemon but didn't look disappointed.

"You're a fool if you dance.... and a fool if you just look on," said the hiker.

"The hell does that mean?" asked Felix.

"Hiker David was so pleased by your right answer that he simply had to battle you!" exclaimed Flannery. Felix shot the two a smug look while Starlight could be heard eating popcorn behind their backs. "And now, onward to the final dance!" Flannery announced. For the fifth time, the Marowaks began dancing and stopped to pose. This time two Marowaks were standing behind and in front of Hiker David while holding their bones in front of them and sticking their butt outwards, with David mimicking them, while the third Marowak had it's back turned and had it's arms up as if it was taking a picture. "Watch carefully and memorize this dance," said Flannery. For the sixth and final time, the Marowaks began to dance and struck a pose. This time everything looked the same, except for the bigger Marowak standing behind the two smaller Marowaks and David, and was doing the same exact thing as the two Marowaks but facing in the opposite direction. "What was different from the previous dance?" asked Flannery.

"The Totem Pokemon?" asked Felix.

"B-but how, that was truly spectacular, and to add to the spectacle," said Flannery. This time she called out the Marowak as she clapped her hands loudly. Just then the Totem jumped out from the group and stared down at Felix while swinging it's bone. It let out a screech as the orange aura burst to life.

"It won't be long, let's do this, Rock Tomb!" Felix ordered. Just as Lycanroc was about to attack, the Marowak lunged at Lycanroc as a burning fiery wheel and retreated back to it's spot. "Lycanroc are you alright?" asked Felix. Lycanroc turned around and gave him a solid look. "Great, Rock Tomb!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc let out a howl as multiple chunks of stone began to levitate around him. Lycanroc stomped it's claws on the ground and the stones flew into the Totem doing barely any damage. "Damn too strong," said Felix. Suddenly the Totem Marowak let out a screech and soon another Pokemon appeared beside it. "The hell?" asked Felix.

"Allow me," said Rotom scanning the Pokemon. "Salazzle, The Toxic Lizard Pokemon and the evolved form of Salandit, Filled with pheromones, it's poisonous gas can be diluted to use in the production of luscious perfumes," said Rotom.

"Oh great on of these reptiles," groaned Felix. "No matter right now the Totem is first priority," said Felix. "Rock Tomb one more time!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc was about to attack when Marowak suddenly glared at Lycanroc and swung it's bone club to create an invisible barrier that protected it from the attack. "What the hell!?" Felix asked.

'What is it?" asked Starlight.

"This thing has Detect!?" gasped Felix once he realized what happened.

"What's Detect?" Starlight asked Flannery as she walked over.

"Detect is a move that allows a Pokemon to protect themselves from any attacks that the opposing Pokemon makes," answered Flannery.

"Cool, wait what am I saying!?" gasped Starlight.

Lycanroc let out a small whimper as it looked back at Felix. "Don't worry buddy we got this," said Felix Suddenly the Salazzle looked at Lycanroc and hissed at it obviously making Lycanroc angry as it growled back.

"What was that?" asked Starlight.

"That was Torment, a move that prevents the opposing Pokemon to use the same move twice in a row," answered Flannery.

"Oh no," said Starlight. She knew that from the past trials, Totems were tough, but she didn't think it would be THIS tough. Felix clenched his teeth as he glared at the duo. Right now the only option was to knock out the Totem first and keep it from calling in another ally.

"Rock Tomb!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc was about to attack when Salazzle hissed making it angry. Felix face palmed himself and groaned. "Oh Lord Arceus kill me for forgetting about Torment," He shook himself back into focus. If Rock Tomb wasn't going to work then he still had that one move. "Rock Slide!" Lycanroc let out a howl as Suddenly a huge wave of rocks came raining down on the two doing massive damage on Salazzle and only driving the Totem's health to half. "Damn it wasn't enough?" growled Felix. The Totem Marowak lunged at Lycanroc hitting him with another flame wheel as Salazzle went for a Venoshock. Lycanroc gasped as he struggled to stay on his feet. "Hang in there boy!" Felix called out to his Pokemon.

'You can do this!" Starlight and Raichu cheered.

"Yeah," said Felix. "Rock Slide!" Felix ordered. But as Lycanroc let out another howl, the Totem went for another Detect protecting it from the raining rocks. Felix clenched his teeth as the move knocked out the Salazzle but do nothing on the Totem. Just as things were already bad enough, the Totem lets out a cry as another Salazzle soon replaces the one before. Felix clenched his teeth as he tried to come up with some sort of plan to take out the two. "Rock Tomb on Marowak!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled and threw the chunks of rock that appeared around it at Marowak doing much more that before indicating that Lycanroc had gotten a critical hit. "So close," winced Felix. It was then that Marowak lunged at Lycanroc and raised it's left hand in the air as it began glowing in a orange light and brought it down on Lycanroc's head. Lycanroc let out a yowl as it fell onto the ground unable to proceed. "Lycanroc!" Felix gasped.

"What just happened?" asked Starlight.

"Brick Break is a Fighting Type Move," answered Flannery trying to give Starlight a hint. Starlight gasped as she remembered that Felix had told her that Fighting Types were good against a lot of other types, Rock being one of them. Felix called back his Pokemon and nodded.

"You did good, get some rest," said Felix. He put away the Pokeball and pulled out his second. "This is on you buddy," he whispered. "Go Silvally!" he said throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as his Shiny Silvally emerged sparkling in the sunlight. Felix dug into his bag and pulled out the drive that read water and pulled out the disc. "You may be the strongest Totem I've faced so far, but I refused to be defeated!" said Felix throwing the drive into Silvally. Silvally's eyes, head and tail fins flashed in light blue light as it changed into the light blue color. Once again the Totem went for another Detect before Felix could make a move and Salazzle went for a Torment angering Silvally. "So it's this again, no matter I'll finish this, Silvally Air Slash on Salazzle!" Felix ordered. Silvally opened it's mouth as an orb of air began to form. It jumped up and let loose a barrage of air blades raining down onto Salazzle doing massive damage.

"Heh not bad," said Flannery.

"Alright let's finish this, Multi Attack on Marowak!" Felix commanded. Silvally hissed as it lunged at Marowak. It raised it's talons as bubbles began to gather and slashed at the Marowak spurting water in all direction. Marowak let out a pained cry as it collapsed onto the ground unable to battle. "Yes!" said Felix. Both Starlight and Raichu behind them began to clap before Flannery interrupted.

"Don't forget Salazzle is still here," Just as she said that Salazzle went in for a Venoshock doing only half.

"Silvally can you keep going?" Felix asked. Silvally looked back and nodded. "Great let's end this with one final Air Slash!" Felix commanded. Silvally jumped up and launched the air blades into Salazzle taking it out for good. "Yes!" said Felix jumping up with glee. He ran over and gave Silvally a hug to show his appreciation. "Good work Silvally, I'm so proud of you!" Starlight, Raichu, and Flannery ran over to him to congratulate him on his achievement.

"We knew you could do it!" said Starlight.

"It wasn't just me," said Felix.

"Well done!" said Flannery. "You've cleared the Fire Trial, as a reward you deserve a piece of Firium Z!" Flannery announced. Just then the Totem slowly rose to it's feet and walked over to Felix. It held out it's arm towards Felix and nodded. Felix opened up his hand as the Totem dropped a shining red Z-Crystal with a small flame engraved in the center.

"Thank you Flannery," said Felix.

"No problem buddy," said Flannery giving them a thumbs up. "Now watch carefully," said Flannery. She put her arms in the form of an X in front of her face, then swung them up and out and over to her side. She thrusted both arms forward, her right arm over her left then fanned her arms upwards then brought his right arm forward with it's palm facing forward and his left hand on his right arm.

"Got it thanks," said Felix.

"Anytime, now before I forget Kiawe asked me to do one last favor, here give me your Ride Pager," said Flannery. Felix reached in and pulled out his Ride Pager and handed it to Flannery as she began imputed something in. "I've registered Charizard in your Ride Pager, now you can fly to the places you've already visited instantly," said Flannery handing back the Ride Pager to Felix.

"Sweet thanks again," said Felix.

"Don't mention it," said Flannery.

"So what now?" asked Starlight.

"The final and toughest trial before the Grand Trial," answered Felix.

"Yep, the Grass Type Trial," added Flannery.

"Grass Type, maybe you should catch some Pokemon," suggested Starlight.

"Nah I'll be fine," said Felix.

"You're catching another Pokemon whether you want to or not," hissed Starlight.

"Ok, ok calm down," said Felix. He turned towards Flannery and nodded,"Thanks again for everything,"

"Good Luck on the Grass Trial," said Flannery. Felix and Starlight was just about to start heading down the Volcano when a voice spoke up.

"Impressive, you are a talented child aren't you?" The two turned around when a horde of people suddenly ran up to them. All of them wearing black outfits with rainbow Rs on their chest.

"Wha what's going on?" asked Starlight. Just then three people walked up as the the group quickly moved out of the way, two male and one female. The man on the left was wore a red vest with a hoodie and had black hair while the man in the center looked more serious, had red hair, and robe like suit. The woman on the right wore a dress similar to the man on the left and had purple hair with horns sticking out from the hoodie. All three wore clothes with big red Ms imprinted somewhere on their outfit and made the usage of black and red a lot.

"Well, well that was certainly eventful," said the man in the center.

"Leader Maxie, this IS the trainer we heard about isn't it?" asked the man on the left.

"Yes, no doubt this is it," said the man in the center. "Trainer I am Maxie of Team Magma, and these two are my accomplices, Admins Tabitha and Courtney," said the man.

"Team Magma?" asked Starlight.

"That's right, and you," said Tabitha pointing to Felix.

"Me?" asked Felix.

"Yes you cutie," said Courtney winking. Both Maxie and Tabitha gave her looks of disapproval obviously not happy with what she just said. "Um I mean, trainer," said Courtney quickly trying to change the mood.

"Ok what can I help you with?" asked Felix.

"We have been told that you have some sort of connection to the one called Necrozma," answered Maxie.

"Who?" asked Felix.

"Doesn't matter, tell us all you know or we'll have to force it out of you," said Tabitha.

"Hey wait you can't just start battling here," said Flannery.

"Stay out of this girlie!" one of the man in the black outfits yelled.

"Look I'm telling you I don't know anything," said Felix.

"Doesn't seem like you're willing to speak, our boss never tells lies," said Maxie pulling out a Pokeball. Felix, Starlight, and Raichu glared at the three. "Looks like we've got no choice, come get your punishments," said Maxie.

Author's Note:

Chapter 22 complete. Hey guys, so I'm sorry it took so long for me to upload the next chapter, I've actually been working on two different stories at once so it isn't easy. But anyway setting that aside, Felix completed his Fire Trial. And yes i have to agree that when playing through the games, Totem Marowak was one of the hardest Totems in the game. Took me a while to finally beat it. But now he's got that out of the way, Felix has to face a another big challenge. Totem Lurantis. But it looks like he has to get past Team Magma first.

PreviousChapters Next