• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 717 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 717

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Versus Totem Araquanid

Felix and Starlight walked down the hill entering Brooklet hill for Felix's first trial on Akala. He remembered his parents telling him that the water trial captain was a young girl named Lana. However thinking back on what Brawly said back on Melemele, he remembered that ALL the trial captains and kahunas were on some sort of emergency mission and that temporary captains and kahunas were running the trials. If Lana was gone, who could've possibly be running the water trial. Felix's question was answered immediately when he noticed a woman with green shorts and yellow shirt.

"That's her I suppose," said Felix.

"What?" asked Starlight confused.

"The temporary trial captain of Brooklet hill," answered Felix.

"Oh yeah, Brawly did say that the actual trial captains and kahunas were out on a emergency mission," said Starlight.

"No matter the trials are still the same no matter what, let's blast through this," said Felix walking towards the gate. Starlight sighed as she ran after Felix. Felix assumed that the woman knew they were behind her cause she turned around before he could reach the gate.

"Hiya, you here to take the trial?" asked the woman. Felix nodded.

"And I assume you're the temporary trial captain of Brooklet hill?" asked Felix.

"That's right, my name's Misty, I'm originally the Cerulean City Gym Leader in the Kanto Region, but I was asked to cover for Lana," answered Misty.

"Great, so what exactly do I have to do?" asked Felix.

"Simple, there's a group of fish called Wishiwashi here in Brooklet hill, all you need to do is herd them and drive them down the stream into the Totem's Den," said Misty.

"Hmm, Wishiwashi huh?" said Felix.

"They don't sound as threatening," said Starlight.

"Allow me," said Rotom flying out of Felix's bag. He pulled up the Dex entry for a small white fish and read out loud. "Wishiwashi, small fry Pokemon, Water type, When it's in a jam, it's shining eyes attract others of it's kind. The light from it's eyes is visible almost 25 miles away,"

"Hmm Water Type, then I suppose I should use Silvally for this trial," said Felix.

"Oh before I forget, you DO have a ride pager right?" asked Misty.

"Yeah," answered Felix pulling out a small green object. He remembered when Professor Kukui first gave him this when he started his Island Challenge, he had no clue how this thing worked. All the memories of him having to try a ride a raging Tauros made him feel almost stupid.

"Lana asked me to give you this before you start your trial," said Misty taking his ride pager. When Felix got his ride pager back he noticed that aside from Tauros and Stoutland another Pokemon was registered.

"Oh thank god it's a Lapras," said Felix.

"I'm not gonna question that, so without further ado let's get this trial started!" Misty announced. "I'll see you at the bottom, said Misty running ahead.

"You ready for this?" asked Felix.

"Why are you asking me, it's YOUR trial," said Starlight.

"Yeah I guess you're right," said Felix walking through the gate. Starlight smiled and rolled her eyes as she followed Felix in.


Both Felix and Starlight made their way down Brooklet hill and found Misty waiting at the first lake.

"Look over there," said Misty pointing outwards. Felix and Starlight looked out to see two areas bubbling up. "See those two areas over there, one of those is the Wishiwashi, if you want to herd the Wishiwashi find the right bubbles and battle the Pokemon that emerges," said Misty.

"Doesn't sound too tough," said Starlight.

"No it shouldn't be difficult," said Misty.

"Well I'm ready," said Felix. He pulled out a Pokeball and called out his Silvally. Felix pulled out a yellow colored drive from his bag and inserted it into Silvally. It's eyes flashed yellow as it's head and tail fins changed into the same yellow color as it's eyes.

"Alright get out there and herd those Wishiwashi," said Misty. Felix took out his ride pager and summoned Lapras from it's Pokeball. Felix pulled of his shirt and shorts to reveal swimming trunks underneath his shorts.

"Wait you had that on this whole time?" asked Starlight.

"No I changed at the Pokemon Center, I figured since it's the water trial things were gonna get a bit wet," answered Felix as he jumped on top of Lapras. "You coming?" Felix asked Starlight.

"I think I'll stay here," said Starlight.

"Suit yourself," said Felix as he headed out towards the bubbles on the left.

"So you a friend of his?" asked Misty.

"Well yes and no, I'm not originally from here," answered Starlight.

"Tell me about it," said Misty.


As Felix approached the bubbles he made sure not to make too much noise for he didn't want to scare off the Pokemon. Once he got close enough he pulled out Silvally's Pokeball ready to fight off the Pokemon. But what jumped out wasn't a Wishiwashi, rather it was a small bug with blue eyes and a bubble for a head. "What the hell?" asked Felix.

"Allow me," said Rotom scanning the Pokemon. "Dewpider, Water Bubble Pokemon, Water Bug Type, It can only breathe oxygen that has dissolved in water, so it wears a water bubble on it's head when it walks around on land,"

"It's not a Wishiwashi, do I still have to battle this thing?" asked Felix.

"Well it's part of the trial so yeah pretty much," answered Rotom.

"Well at least it's weak to my Silvally," said Felix. He tossed his Pokeball and called out his Silvally which landed gracefully on Lapras's back. "Air Slash!" Felix ordered. Silvally jumped up and opened it's mouth as a orb of air began to form. Silvally aimed at the Dewpider and let loose a barrage of blades made of wind striking the Dewpider. The Dewpider let out a pained gurgle before it fell back into the water. "That was easy, let's go see what the other bubbles are," said Felix as he steered Lapras towards the other bubbles. Once again he quietly approached the bubbles to make sure he didn't startle the Pokemon. "Alright get out here," said Felix. This time the guaranteed Wishiwashi emerged and splashed around in the water.

"All right, it's a Wishiwashi," said Rotom.

"Let's finish this fast, Multi Attack!" Felix ordered. Silvally jumped up and raised it's talons high in the air. Yellow sparks began to appear as it brought it down and slashed at the enemy Wishiwashi with a loud zap. The Wishiwashi let out a pained gurgle like the Dewpider before it jumped back into the water and fled. Felix kept an eye on the Wishiwashi and saw it fall down a nearby ledge and into the next lake.

"Great job out there!" Misty called out to Felix. But when Felix turned around he noticed the both Misty and Starlight were gone.

"Wha, where'd they go?" asked Felix.

"Over here Felix!" Starlight called out to him. Felix quickly turned back around to see both Starlight and Misty on the other side of the lake.

"How the hell?" asked Felix. Felix decided not to think to much about it and steered Lapras over to where Starlight and Misty were.

"Great hustle out there," said Misty as Felix jumped off.

"How the hell did you guys get here so fast?" asked Felix calling back Lapras.

"Teleportation," answered Starlight puffing out her chest. "Neat huh?"

"You're such a show off," said Felix patting her on the head.

"Well let's move on shall we?" asked Misty as she ran off. The two looked at each other and smiled as the followed after Misty.


"Well you know the drill," said Misty.

"Hell yeah I do," said Felix calling Lapras.

"Meet you on the other side," said Starlight.

"Sure thing," said Felix as Lapras swam out to the bubbles.

"Alright let's take the left one this time," said Felix steering Lapras to the bubbles on the left. Just as Felix approached the bubbles he felt something fall on his arm. He looked up to see black clouds appearing over the sky as rain drops began to fall. "Oh great rain," said Felix. "Hopefully it can't be that bad," As Lapras snuck up on the bubbles another Dewpider jumped out and bobbed it's water bubble head. "Let's do this, Air Slash!" Felix ordered. Silvally jumped up and opened it's mouth as the orb of air began to form. Once Silvally locked eyes on the Dewpider, he sent a barrage of blades raining down knocking the Dewpider back into the water. "Alright nice job Silvally," said Felix petting Silvally on it's head.

"Alright next Wishiwashi," said Rotom. Felix nodded as he steered Lapras to the bubbles across from where he was. Once again Felix slowly and quietly approached the bubbles as another Wishiwashi emerged. "There, Multi Attack!" Felix ordered pointing at the Wishiwashi. Silvally jumped up and raised it's talons as it began to spark with electricity and brought it down hard on the Wishiwashi sending it flying back into the water. "Yes," said Felix.

"Once again, nicely done my fine trial-goer!" Misty called out. Felix steered Lapras over to the other side of lake. He jumped off and called Lapras back as Starlight handed him his bag.

"Thanks," said Felix.

"No problem," said Starlight.

"Alright this is it, the Totem Pokemon is just down this hill, strike out with all your strength and gain victory!" said Misty. Starlight shot Felix the biggest smile she could give and nodded.

"Good luck," she said.

"Don't worry star, I got this," said Felix. The two turned and ran after Misty for the final challenge of the trial.


"All right there it is, the Totem Pokemon," said Misty pointing out towards the center of the lake where the biggest bubbles were popping out causing large ripples in the water. At this point the rain was falling really hard.

"Let's do this," said Felix calling out Lapras. Felix remembered what his parents told him. Wishiwashi, the Totem Pokemon of Brooklet hill was tough, but he should have no problem as long as he had either grass or electric type on his team. He jumped up onto Lapras and looked out. "Totem Wishiwashi I'm coming for you," said Felix. Little did he know of the smirk on Misty's face. Once Lapras had swam out, Starlight asked.

"Um Misty is something funny?"

"Felix, he thinks the Totem Pokemon is Wishiwashi, but he'll soon find out that things aren't the same as they used to be," snickered Misty. Confused Starlight turned her attention towards Felix and decided to watch what would happen.

"The rain is falling really hard now, at this point all water type moves should be boosted, you sure you're ready?" asked Rotom.

"Trust me Rotom, the rain may end up boosting water type moves, but my Silvally's Multi Attack should take out the Totem without any problems," said Felix confidently. As Lapras slowly approached the bubbles, it stopped. Lapras looked hesitant to move any closer. Suddenly lighting struck as a large shadow appeared beneath the water. "Here it comes," said Felix.

"Um Felix what's that?" asked Rotom.

"What's what?" asked Felix looking up. He suddenly noticed a slightly bigger shadow that was slowly approaching the Wishiwashi. Just then as lighting struck two blue lights flashed and the shadow shot forward towards the Wishiwashi. Just then the water burst upwards as multiple Wishiwashi was knocked out of the way in every direction as three large green legs burst out followed by three more. Before he knew it, a giant three legged spider with a blue eyes and head inside a giant water bubble emerged and stood before Felix. Felix's jaw dropped once he saw that the Totem wasn't Wishiwashi. "What the hell!?" he yelped.

"What in the name of Celestia!?" Starlight yelped upon seeing the giant spider.

"That's it, the Totem of Brooklet hill," said Misty.

"That ain't Wishiwashi!" Felix yelped. The spider let out a deep toned gurgle as the orange aura suddenly burst to life. "What is that thing?" Felix asked. Rotom quickly flew up to it and scanned the Pokemon.

"Araquanid, the Water Bubble Pokemon, and the evolved form of Dewpider, It has a habit of storing things it values in it's water bubble. If it's trainer doesn't watch out, Araquanid will try to put them in it's bubble!" said Rotom.

"That ain't safe!" screamed Felix. The Totem Araquanid let out a gurgle as it stomped it's six legs in the water. "Damn it's huge," said Felix.

"You know it, better take it out fast if you don't want to end up in it's bubble!" Misty called out.

"That ain't funny!" Felix yelled back. Suddenly Araquanid opened it's mouth as it blasted a stream of bubbles at Silvally covering it in water. "Ugh, I ain't going out like this, Multi Attack!"Felix ordered. Silvally shook the water off and lunged at the Totem raising it's talons as it sparked with electricity. Silvally brought it's talon down and slashed right through the water bubble striking the Totem on the head. "Haha got 'em," said Felix. But the Totem shook it off like it was nothing and glared at Felix. "Uh oh," said Felix. Araquanid let out another gurgle startling Felix. Before he knew it another bug appeared next to the Totem. This bug had wings with two large half circles attached to it's head making it look like two large eyes. "Now what?" asked Felix. Rotom quickly scanned the second Pokemon and read it's Dex entry.

"Masquerain, the Eyeball Pokemon, Bug Flying Type, It's thin winglike antennae are highly absorbent. It waits out rainy days in tree hollows," said Rotom.

"And yet its out here in the rain!?" asked Felix. Suddenly the opposing Masquerain hissed at Silvally making it freeze and step back in fear. "What was that?" asked Felix.

"That was Masquerain's ability Intimidate," said Rotom.

"Oh great just when I thought this couldn't get any harder," said Felix. Suddenly Araquanid opened its mouth as it let loose another blast of bubbles drenching Silvally. "No you don't, Multi Attack!" ordered Felix. Silvally shook off the water and slashed at the Totem with it's sparking talons. Once again the Totem shook it off like it was nothing. "Damn it," Felix cursed.

"Uh oh," said Rotom.

"What?" asked Felix. Suddenly the opposing Masquerain began flapping its wings as it launched a barrage of air blades at Silvally. "It can use Air Slash!?" Felix said. Felix could tell that the attack did a large amount of damage seeing how Silvally was wincing and struggled to stay on it's feet. "Silvally hang in there, Multi Attack on the Totem!" Felix ordered. Silvally toughed out the pain as it lunged at the Totem and slashed at it with it's sparking talons. This time the attack seemed to do some damage to the Totem. "Did I get it?" asked Felix. Although the Totem looked beat, the Masquerain wasn't done. It began flapping it's wings as it let loose another Air Slash attack striking Silvally. Silvally let out a pained howl as it collapsed into the water. "Silvally!" Felix gasped.

"Oh no," said Starlight as she watched Silvally collapse.

"Yeah, that Totem isn't like the Wishiwashi, it means business," said Misty. Felix quickly pulled out Silvally's Pokeball and called it back before it could get into anymore harm. He held the Pokeball up hi forehead and closed his eyes. "You did good, take a nice long break ok?" He put Silvally's Pokeball into his bag and pulled out his second ball.He looked at it and nodded. "Its all on you now," He threw it calling out his Lycanroc. The Araquanid gurgled and the Masquerain hissed but Lycanroc didn't seem to care. It growled baring it's teeth at the two. "Alright let's finish this, Accelrock on Araquanid!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc jumped up and lunged at the Totem slamming into it as chunks of rocks burst out and flew off into many directions. The Totem let out a pained gurgle as it collapsed into the water. "Got 'em!" said Felix.

"but you're not done," said Rotom. The Masquerain hissed as it prepared to attack. "What now?" asked Felix. Suddenly the Masquerain began to flap its' wings as grass and leaves began to condense into a small green orb.

"It knows Energy Ball too!?" asked Rotom.

"Not gonna happen, Stone Edge!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled as it jumped up and slammed it's paws into the ground as multiple pillars of rock burst out of the ground and towards the Masquerain. The Masquerain hissed as it launched the green orb into a pillar of stone causing it to explode.

"It didn't work!" said Rotom.

"Wait for it," said Felix. Just as the Masquerain thought it was safe on final pillar of rock erupted from beneath it and struck the Masquerain in the middle of the stomach and sent it flying into the water.

"Whoa what?" asked Rotom.

"Lycanroc wasn't done attacking," said Felix.

"My goodness you knew that would happen didn't you," said Rotom.

"Hell yeah I did," said Felix.

"Well done Felix please come back this way!" Misty called out to them. Felix nodded as he steered Lapras back to shore. "Amazing job Felix," said Misty as Felix jumped off Lapras with Lycanroc.

"It was nothing really," said Felix.

"Nothing, that was nothing, are you kidding, I've never seen someone who could stay in total sync with their Pokemon like that," said Misty. "Here I think you deserve this," Misty dove her hand in her short's pocket and pulled out a shiny blue Z-Crystal with a water droplet engraved in the center. "Your very own Waterium Z," Smiling Felix took the Z-Crystal and held it up to the sky. "Now watch closely ok?" said Misty. She started off by forming an X with her arms in front of her face, then swung them up and out and brought them froward with her right arm on top of the left. Then she began sway her arms starting from the left side and ended with both hands pointing upwards with the arms on the right side. "Pretty simple, shouldn't be too hard to remember," said Misty.

"No problem I got it," said Felix.

"Great oh and one more thing, this is one of Lana's homemade fishing rods, she wanted me to give this to anyone who completed the trial. Felix took the rod and placed it in his bag.

"Thanks," said Felix.

"Well this is the end of your water trial, the next one is located on Wela Volcano Park, it shouldn't be too hard to find, though if you get lost just ask Rotom," said Misty.

"Great thanks for everything," said Felix.

"No problem, good luck on you're Island Challenge, oh and before I forget If you happen to meet someone named Ash Ketchum, say hi to him for me will you?" said Misty. Both Felix and Starlight nodded and waved goodbye to Misty as they made their way back to the Pokemon Center.

"She was nice, wasn't she," said Starlight.

"Definitely," said Felix.

"Well let's go Felix," said Starlight. Felix nodded in agreement. At this point the rain had stopped and something in the sky had caught Starlight's attention. "Hey Look Felix, a rainbow," said Starlight. Felix looked up to see a bright rainbow stretching across the sky. This was it, he had completed the water trial, yep he felt that something good will happen from this point on. Felix ran after Starlight who had already started off. Meanwhile the dark figure hiding behind the tree came out of hiding and watched the two run off.

"Hmph Wela Volcano Park," said the figure. He looked up at the sky and gazed at the rainbow. "That rainbow, if only it had been created by Necrozma, could things have ended differently?" The figure looked back down and walked in the direction towards Paniola Town.

Author's Note:

Chapter 14 complete. Man that was a long chapter but I finally managed to finish it. So Felix completed his Water Trial and is now moving onto the Fire Trial Hopefully he can manage to survive the hot-headed Kiawe and his Pokemon. Oh but wait I almost forgot that there is a temporary Captain for the fire trial. Misty was temporary captain for the water trial who could be covering for Kiawe. If you have any suggestions let me know.

PreviousChapters Next