• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 718 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 718

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Hard as Rock

Felix clenched his teeth as he stood before the ruins of hope. If he recalled, the Kahuna would always take battle here in front of the ruins, was it to please the guardian deity? Maybe he would find out.

"This is it Felix, are you ready?" asked Starlight.

"Yeah, I am," answered Felix.

"Looks like we need to find the temporary Kahuna first though," said Starlight.

"Well look no further!" a voice spoke up. Looking towards the ruins, the two noticed a man in his twenties walk out. He was wearing brown pants, orange shirt and green vest. Although his eyes were closed, he had the brightest smile Felix had seen. "You must be here for the Grand Trial right?" asked the man walking up.

"Yes sir," answered Felix.

"Well glad you could make it, I'm Brock from the Kanto Region," said the man pointing to himself.

"I'm Felix and this is my friend Starlight Glimmer," said Felix.

"Well it's nice to meet you both," said Brock. "I assume you're ready to take me on,"

"Bring it," Felix smirked pulling out a Pokeball.

"Good luck," said Starlight as she walked off to the side. Both Felix and Brock took their positions and the Grand Trial was soon in play.

"Let's see how long you can survive without getting beat," said Brock throwing his own Pokeball. The ball popped open as a small rock with arms emerged.

"Is that?" asked Felix.

"Geodude, Rock Pokemon, Rock Ground Type, The longer a Geodude lives, the more its edges are chipped and worn away, making it more rounded in appearance. However, this Pokémon's heart will remain hard, craggy, and rough always," states Rotom.

"Rock and Ground, this must be the Kanto form, well perfect I have the perfect solution to this, Silvally!" said Felix throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as Silvally emerged. It's eyes and fins were glowing in a green tint that sparkled brightly in the sun.

"Ho so that's one of Alola's Pokemon eh," said Brock scratching his chin.

"That's right, with that being said, Multi Attack!" Felix ordered. Silvally lunged at Geodude raising it's talons and slashing at it's face as leaves erupted from the damage.

"Ho, a Grass type is it, well then use Tackle!" Brock ordered. Geodude shook off the remaining leaves and slammed into Silvally with full force. Silvally slid to a stop trying to stay on it's feet.

"Careful Silvally let's not let a piece of rock take us down, Iron Head!" Felix ordered. Silvally raised it's head as it began to glow it lunged and headbutted Geodude sending it flying back to Brock. Geodude winced as it slid to a stop. "Damn it's strong," Felix said to himself. "But it won't be long before I take this thing down,"

"Impressive, your skills as a trainer is amazing," said Brock.

"Thank you sir," said Felix.

"But to early to be celebrating, Tackle" Brock ordered.

"Counter that with Iron head!" Felix ordered. Both Silvally and Geodude lunged at each other and flew past each other with a loud metallic clang. Both Felix and Brock watched as the two Pokemon stood in silence. After several seconds the Geodude collapsed on the ground unable to continue. "Yes one down," said Felix.

"Great job Felix," said Brock calling back his Pokemon. "But it's not over yet, here's my second Pokemon!" Brock threw his second ball as a large snake made of rocks emerged.

"Whoa," said Felix.

"Onix, The Rock Snake Pokemon, Rock Ground Type, Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. As it grows older, its body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother," states Rotom.

"Another Rock and Ground Type, I thought this was going to be easy when I heard about the rock type trial, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS easy," said Felix.

"I wouldn't talk big if I were you Felix, you might jinx it," said Brock.

"We'll see about that, Multi Attack!" Felix ordered. Silvally growled as it lunged at Onix and slashed at it with it's talons as leaves erupted from the attack. Onix growled as it threw Silvally back at Felix. Silvally slid to a stop several feet away from Felix and growled. Onix looked back at Silvally and let out an angry roar.

"You're good but let's see how much longer my Onix can survive before he falls, Bide!" Brock ordered. Onix snorted as it slammed it's tail into the ground.

"You won't last, Multi Attack!" Felix ordered. Silvally once again lunged at Onix raising it's talons and slashing Onix in the face. Onix shook of the attack and slammed it's tail into the ground in anger. "Alright let's finish this, Iron Head!" Felix ordered. Silvally raised it's head as it began to glow and headbutted into Onix. Felix could tell he was going to win until he saw the smirk on Brock's face.

"Now Bide!" Brock ordered. Onix ignored the damage from Silvally and slammed it's tail sending Silvally flying. Silvally landed near Felix unconscious and unable to continue.

"Silvally!" Felix gasped.

"Nice try but it seems I managed to take out one of your Pokemon," said Brock.

"You did good rest up for me," said Felix calling back his Pokemon. "You may have beaten Silvally, but that was only the beginning," said Felix. "Lycanroc let's go!" said Felix throwing his second ball. It popped open as Lycanroc emerged howling. Starlight watched nervously as Felix continued his trial.

"Onix Bind!" Brock ordered. Onix leaped on the ground and began slithering towards Lycanroc.

"Lycanroc be careful he's coming!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc prepared for Onix to attack but instead Onix began wrapping it's body around Lycanroc. "Lycanroc get out of there!" Felix commanded. Lycanroc tried to pull itself out but Onix began squeezing Lycanroc with it's body.

"Oh no Lycanroc is in trouble," said Starlight.

"Let's see how you get out of this," said Brock. Felix clenched his teeth trying to come up with a plan to save Lycanroc but nothing was popping into his head.

"Lycanroc hang on!" Felix called out. Lycanroc winced and let out a howl of pain as Onix squeezed tighter. Felix watched helplessly as his Pokemon get crushed to death by a rock snake. That's when it hit him. "Lycanroc use Accelerock!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled as it burst out of Onix sending multiple chunks of rocks flying some of it hitting Onix. Onix let out a growl as it let go of Lycanroc and slithered back. "Alright it worked!" said Felix.

"Impressive, you truly are amazing," said Brock.

"It's not over yet, let's finish this with one final Accelerock!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc dashed out out headbutted into Onix sending rocks flying in the process. Onix let out a roar as it collapsed on the ground unable to continue.

"Alright he did it!" Starlight cheered.

"Good work Lycanroc!" exclaimed Felix hugging Lycanroc. Brock called back his Pokemon and walked over to Felix.

"Well done, I must say you did an amazing job beating me," said Brock.

It was nothing," said Felix.

"Hmph, you did seem to struggle with my Onix though, any who let me give you this," said Brock holding out his hand. Felix smiled as he reached out and took the shining brown Z-Crystal from Brock.

"Alright another Z-Crystal!" said Felix holding up his brand new Rockium Z.

"Great job Felix," said Starlight clapping her hooves.

"Hold on, I still need to show you the movements," said Brock. Felix turned and watched as Brock crossed his arms in an X formation and swung his arms up and out over to his side. he thrusted his arms forward with his right arm over his left and bent down then jumped back up while flexing his muscles. he then turned around so that his back was turned and flexed his muscles again only this time his left leg was out and his right leg behind both of them bent.

"Nice," said Felix.

"Well that's it for your Akala Trials, congratulations, I suppose you're moving onto the next island am i right?" asked Brock.

"That's right," said Felix.

"Well good luck, try not to get into too much trouble, if you plan on coming back to Akala, why not come visit me again, many people like my cooking," said Brock.

"Thank you we'll take up on your offer," said Starlight.

"Well then, I hope to see you again," said Brock. The three exchanged goodbyes as Felix and Starlight made their ways to the docks. This was it, Felix had completed his Akala Trials. Now things were starting to get more difficult. Now it was time to move onto the third island, Ula Ula.

Author's Note:

Chapter 28 complete. Akala Trials Complete. Now Felix was halfway through his Island Challenge and was making his way towards the third island. He can only imagine what kind of adventures he'll be experiencing there. Now that things were getting more difficult, it's time for both Felix and Starlight to step up their game. However as time slowly passes over them, darkness continues to peek it's ugly face through the corner. It'll be a matter of time before the King of Ultra Beasts reveals himself.

PreviousChapters Next