• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 717 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 717

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Versus Totem Mimikyu

Felix swallowed hard as he stood in front of the worn down supermarket. In all the trial sites he had visited, this was considered to be the creepiest one of them all. Even Starlight who was standing next to him was closer to him than ever. The terrified look on her face was obviously a hint telling Felix that she wasn't in the mood in entering such a creepy place.

"Well what do you think, perfect place to hold the Ghost Type trial isn't it?" asked Morty.

"Ghosts!?" Starlight yelped.

"Do we really have to go in there?" asked Felix trembling.

"Well of course, otherwise you'll never be able to finish the Island Challenge," answered Morty. "Now if you don't mind, I would like to borrow that Rotom Dex of yours," Rotom popped out and looked at Felix with a worried look. Felix knew he had no choice and nodded. Rotom hovered over to Morty who began tapping on the screen. "Now if I just input the information she had given me, you'll be able to use the Rotom Dex for your trial," said Morty.

"What exactly does he have to do?" asked Starlight.

"You have to take the picture of the Totem of course, easy as that," answered Morty.

"Ha, photographing Pokemon, th-that doesn't sound that bad," Felix laughed nervously.

"Oh come on, it's just a few harmless ghosts, well then again, they aren't exactly harmless," said Morty. "Either way get in there," said Morty pushing the two towards the door. The two looked at each other and swallowed hard as they entered the creepy haunted supermarket.


This was it, Starlight was never going to enter any creepy buildings no matter how who pressured her to do it. When Morty said it was just taking pictures, Starlight thought it couldn't be as bad. She should've known that the entire inside was dark and creepy as well. Plus the smell of rotting produces didn't make things any better. As the two nervously walked down the walk way near the conveyor belts, the sound of mechanical whirring made her jump and hug Felix.

"Starlight don't scare me like that!" Felix yelped.

"I'm sorry," said Starlight close to tears. "It's just that I.... I can't," she whimpered. Felix swallowed hard as he slowly turned his head towards the whirring. He noticed that one of the conveyor belts had automatically began moving.

"Oh hell no," said Felix. He slowly pulled Rotom out of his bag and held it up. When looking on the screen, he noticed a small black orb with eyes and small fangs covered in purple gas looking back at him. Once he realized what it was, Felix calmed down and snapped the photo. There was a loud screech that made Starlight yelp, and once he lowered Rotom, the Pokemon suddenly flew over the two and next to them.

"Ghost!" Starlight yelped.

"Gastly, Gas Pokemon, Ghost Poison Type, Gastly is largely composed of gaseous matter. When exposed to a strong wind, the gaseous body quickly dwindles away. Groups of this Pokémon cluster under the eaves of houses to escape the ravages of wind," states Rotom.

"Nope," said Felix summoning his Lycanroc. "Crunch!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc lunged at the Gastly and bit down hard causing the Gastly to yelp and vanish from sight. "Well that was easy," said Felix. That's when Felix noticed a Pikachu staring at them and ran off towards the right.

"Pikachu?" asked Rotom.

"Let's follow it," suggested Felix.

"No!" Starlight screamed.

"Why?" asked Felix.

"Ii don't trust it," answered Starlight.

"Look I know you're scared, but we need to finish this," said Felix. Starlight knew that objecting wasn't going to help so she clutched onto Felix as he followed the Pikachu. That's when a cart in sitting in the corner began rattling causing Starlight to hide behind Felix. Felix gathered up his courage and held up Rotom to see a purple creature with no legs and two floating hands shaking the cart. Felix snapped the photo as the creature turned to face them.

"What is that!?" Starlight yelped.

"Haunter, Gas Pokemon, Ghost Poison Type and the evolved form of Gastly, Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away," states Rotom.

"Sweet Celestia!" Starlight yelped as she began to wobble.

"Hey don't go fainting on me!" Felix demanded. "Crunch!" Lycanroc lunged at the Haunter and bit down making it screech and vanish. "See too easy," said Felix. Once again, Felix noticed the Pikachu from earlier staring at them and ran deeper into the building. "Come on," said Felix grabbing Starlight by the hoof. The two continued to follow the Pikachu to a display with two large plushies. Starlight screamed as the two plushies suddenly began to float. Once again Felix held up Rotom to see a purple creature with stubby arms and legs and glowing red eyes levitating the plushies. Felix snapped a photo and the Pokemon instantly took notice.

"Gengar, Shadow Pokemon, Ghost Poison Type and the evolved form of Haunter, Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow," states Rotom.

"Crunch," Felix ordered. Lycanroc lunged at Gengar and bit down forcing it to retreat back into the darkness. "Seriously for being Ghost Pokemon, they're weak as hell," said Felix.

"Are we done yet?" whimpered Starlight.

"No," answered Felix. That's when he noticed the Pikachu run into a room where Acerola was blocking the door.

"Who are you?" asked Acerola.

"Acerola?" Felix asked.

"Oh never mind that, looks like you're done with the trial, right? We should hurry up and leave this place," said Acerola.

"Yeah good idea," said Starlight. But Felix grabbed her and pulled her back.

"I'm not done yet," said Felix.

"This place is dangerous, you should give up on your trial and get out," warned Acerola.

"I'm not done yet," said Felix.

"I told you to get out," warned Acerola.

"I'm not leaving," said Felix.

"Get out," warned Acerola.

"NO!" Felix yelled.

"Get out, Get out, Get OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!!!!!!!" Acerola yelled. Starlight whimpered and hid behind Felix. Shocked Felix quickly grabbed Rotom and took a photo. When the flash died, Acerola was no longer there and the door suddenly opened on it's own. Starlight slowly looked up trembling with fear.

"Let's go," said Felix. Starlight yelped and tried to run before Felix grabbed her and dragged her into the room. Once the two were in the door behind them slammed shut and the two felt a pair of eyes gazing upon them. Suddenly Rotom flew up to Felix and the Poke Finder suddenly fired up on it's own. "What in the name of Arceus?" asked Felix. That's when the two heard an eerie giggle behind them. The two slowly turned around and took a photo to see a small creature wearing a rag resembling Pikachu standing behind them. The Pokemon let out a happy screech as it's orange aura flared to life.

"What's that!?" Starlight yelped.

"Mimikyu, The Disguise Pokemon, Ghost Fairy Type, Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock," states Rotom.

"WHAT!?" Felix yelped.

"I can't take this anymore, said Starlight as she fell on the ground unconscious.

"Are you kidding me!?" Felix yelped. Felix desperately wanted to wake up Starlight, but right now he head to finish this. "Alright Lycanroc, Accelrock!" Lycanroc charged forward and tackled head first into the Mimikyu sending chunks of rocks flying. But when Lycanroc retreated, the attack looked like it did nothing. Instead the head suddenly fell off to the side as if it went limp. "WHAT THE HELL!?" Felix screamed. That was absolutely terrifying. In all the trials he faced, not a single Totem was as creepy as this. The Totem suddenly raised it's rag by a small amount as a black shadowy claw slithered out and slashed Lycanroc in the face. "Are you ok?" Felix asked Lycanroc shook of the attack and nodded. "Good then let's keep this up!" Mimikyu let out a screech as a another Pokemon appeared beside it. The Pokemon had a grey body with red eyes and a golden zipper for a mouth.

"Banette, Marionette Pokemon, Ghost Type, and the evolved form of Shuppet, A cursed energy permeated the stuffing of a discarded and forgotten plush doll, giving it new life as Banette. The Pokémon's energy would escape if it were to ever open its mouth," states Rotom.

"Good to know Rotom," said Felix. He looked back at Mimikyu and smirked. "But that won't stop me from using a Z-Move," said Felix raising his arm. Felix crossed his arms in front of his face and swung up and out so his arms would be to his side, he then crossed his arms in front of him. Next he bent down and jumped back up flexing his muscles, then he turned sideways so his back was against the Totem and flexed his muscles again. The orange Z-Power flowed out of Felix and into Lycanroc as it's aura burst to life. "Alright let's finish this, Splintered Storm Shards!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled as large stones began hovering around the Totem. Lycanroc jumped up and glared at the Totem. The rocks around Mimikyu tilted so that the points were facing it. Felix clamped his hands together as Lycanroc and the stones flew into Mimikyu in a barrage of stone. The pained screech of Mimikyu echoed throughout the building and once the dust cleared the Totem was on the ground unconscious. "Haha yes take that Totem Mimikyu!" Felix cheered. Lycanroc landed on the ground panting. Meanwhile Banette hissed at Lycanroc.

"Banette used screech!" Rotom announced.

"Not gonna be enough to stop me, Crunch!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc lunged at the Banette and bit down hard.Banette let out a pained screech as it retreated back into the darkness. "Ha,ha yes I did it!" Felix announced. Lycanroc howled with glee to celebrate their achievement. Meanwhile Starlight groaned as she slowly got to her feet.

'What happened?" she asked.

"Just finished the trial," answered Felix.

"Wait really?" asked Starlight.

"Yep now without anymore interruptions, let's get out of here," suggested Felix. Confused, Starlight followed Felix and Rotom out of the building where Morty was waiting.

"Welcome back you two, I can check your pictures right away," said Morty. Felix nodded as Rotom flew over to Morty. "Now let's see how you did," Morty took Rotom and began flipping through the photos. "That's Mimikyu alright, it's pretty hard to catch on film, so this is a really great attempt," said Morty.

"Great thanks," said Felix.

"Hey don't thank me yet, especially when I have yet to give you this," said Morty holding out his hand. Felix nodded as he took the purple Z-Crystal from Morty.

"Alright Ghostium Z!" Felix announced. Starlight smiled as she clapped her hoofs.

"Now if I remember correctly I'm pretty sure the dance went something like this," said Morty. He crossed his arms in front of him and threw his arms up and out and over to his side. He crossed his arms in front of him then bent down with his hands next to his cheeks. He began moving his body in squiggles as he moved upwards moving his arms so that the were covering his face and finally moved his hands away from his face with his palms facing forward.

"I'm glad you finished your trial, but I wonder what Acerola was doing near that back room?" asked Starlight.

"What's that? You say Acerola was in there and then you went in the back room?" asked Morty. "Oooh very clever you two, you're trying to scare me huh?" 'You'll have to come up with something a bit more believable than that!"

"What?" asked Felix.

"You, yourself should know that Acerola isn't here, and there's not even a room in the back of that shop, for starters," answered Morty.

"But...but.." stuttered Starlight.

"Now, now, how about we head back to the Aether House, I've gotta watch those two kids after all," said Morty running off. Starlight tried to make an argument before Felix stopped her.

"Don't bother Starlight, even if he doesn't believe us, we know what happened, so how about we keep it a secret to ourselves?" asked Felix.

"Ok," answered Starlight in a disappointed tone.

"Come on let's go to the Pokemon Center, I'll buy you a drink," said Felix.

"Thanks," said Starlight smiling. The two talked and laughed as they made their way towards the Pokemon Center.

Author's Note:

Chapter 36 complete. Success another trial complete. Now that Felix has completed all the Ula Ula trials it's about time for him to take on the Grand Trial. Now I know this chapter is a bit shorter than all the other Totem Chapters, but as the story slowly reaches it's climax, things start getting more and more chaotic. Very soon the Totems aren't the only thing Felix has to worry about.

PreviousChapters Next