• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 717 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 717

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Versus Totem Lurantis

Felix and Starlight stood in front of the Lush Jungle trial site with nervous looks on their face. Felix had remembered his parents saying that the totem, Lurantis, was possibly one of the more difficult totems he would be facing. Looking back, the only two totems that had changed was the Araquanid and Marowak. Felix gulped as he clutched the Pokeball Courtney had given him after he and Starlight beat Team Magma.

"You ready?" asked Starlight.

"No," Felix answered nervously. Throughout the entire Island Challenge he hadn't been afraid of a single totem up until now.

"Me neither," said Starlight. Her Espeon letting out a sad whine. Before the two decided to challenge the trial, Starlight had helped Felix complete some regiments, little did she know that her Eevee would end up evolving into an Espeon and her Abra evolving into a Kadabra. However, during the training Felix hadn't used the Pokemon Courtney had given him for some unknown reason. Starlight only hoped that whatever mystery Pokemon was in the ball, would help Felix beat the totem.

"Well let's go," said Felix. Starlight nodded as the two walked into Lush Jungle. The first thing that Felix noticed upon entering Lush Jungle was that it looked nothing like the Lush Jungle his parents had described. First off he felt that there were more trees than usual. Lush Jungle probably grew over the years. "Wow," said Felix.

"It looks like the Everfree Forest back in Equestria," added Starlight.

"Hey there!" a male's voice spoke up. The two looked forward to see a man wearing a tux suit and a green bowtie walking up to them. "You must be here for the trial," said the man.

"Well Felix is, I'm just his audience," said Starlight.

"Wow a talking pony, say what kind of Pokemon is it?" asked the man.

"I'm afraid she's not a Pokemon, let alone she's not from this world," answered Felix.

"A creature from another world, exquisite!" the man beamed.

"Excuse me?" asked Starlight.

"Sorry from what your friend said if you're not from this world, you're obviously rare," answered the man. Starlight gave him a disgusted look clearly not amused being called rare. "Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, anyway let's get to it," said the man.

"I assume you're the temporary captain?" asked Felix.

"Actually the funny thing is, I'm actually covering for the temporary captain, the original temporary captain, Gardenia is on her lunch break so I'm taking the shift for her," answered the man.

"Huh interesting, oh before I forget, I'm Felix and this is Starlight Glimmer," said Felix.

"My name is Cilan, I'm the Grass type gym leader back in the Unova Region, nice knowing you two," said the man.

"So what exactly do I have to do?" asked Felix.

"You have to find three key ingredients and bring them back, they are the Mago Berry, some Honey, and a Big Root," answered Cilan.

"Hmm seems easy enough, I suppose we're going to use those ingredients to cook up something to call out the totem," said Felix.

"Indeed I hope you're ready, oh and before you go searching here's a Forge Bag to put all the ingredients in," said Cilan handing Felix a small yellow sack. Felix took the bag and passed it to Starlight for her to hold onto. "Great just follow me and I'll take you to find the first ingredient," said Cilan as he walked into the Jungle. The two followed after him with Espeon trailing behind Starlight. The two followed Cilan as he led them into an area with several big trees and large patches of grass. Two Fromantis that had gathered under a single tree noticed the three approaching and ran off to hide. "You'll find several Mago Berries on the ground in this area, however there are some berries that Pokemon had claimed, so be careful which berry you take, since taking the wrong berry might drag you into a battle later on," said Cilan. "Once you found the ingredient you want, come talk to me,"

"Alright let's go," said Felix. Starlight nodded as the two split up to look for the right berry. As Felix and Starlight ran around looking for the berry they needed, they could see Pokemon gathered around some areas giving them a signal to avoid them. Eventually Felix walked over to a spot under a tree where a single berry lie. However although there was a berry there no Pokemon had crowded around clearly telling Felix it wasn't claimed. He ran over and grabbed the berry and ran back to Cilan to show him.

"So you picked that one?" asked Cilan as Felix ran up to him holding a berry.

"Yes," answered Felix.

"Alright then moving on," said Cilan turning around. Felix called back Starlight and Espeon and the three continued on with the trial. The next area was an open field with several bushes holding different colored flowers. "The next item is some honey, you know how this works so come back to me when you think you have the right one," said Cilan. Both Starlight and Felix took off in search of some honey with Espeon following behind.

"So how should we do this?" asked Starlight.

"I suggest you go find the bush with the least amount of flowers," answered a familiar voice. The two turned around to see Flannery walking up to them.

"Flannery what are you doing here?" asked Felix.

"You're doing the grass trial right, I brought some tools to help you complete the trial," said Flannery. "Anyway if you're looking for honey, take some from the bush with the least amount of flowers," suggested Flannery.

"Great thanks for the advice," said Starlight. Flannery nodded as the two ran off looking for the right bush. As Felix continued to search Starlight noticed a bush with only two to three flowers on the other side of the field and ran over to it. She examined the bush to confirm that the bush was the right before pulling out a small jar and poured in some honey from the flowers. "Felix I got some honey!" Starlight called out to Felix. The two reunited with Cilan who checked to see if they were certain they wanted the honey Starlight picked before leading them towards the final ingredient.

"This is it, the final ingredient, you will find the Big Root as a part of the trees located here, however you will notice that the trees that look like the Pokemon Sudowoodo ARE Sudowoodo, you'll need to be careful when searching for the Big Root, once you find the one you want to take, come meet me here," said Cilan.

"Starlight, let's go together for this one," suggested Felix. Starlight nodded in agreement as the two ran off. As the two ran around examining the trees they eventually ran into Misty who showed them the right tree. Felix thanked her and returned to Cilan with the Big Root.

"Alright you have everything, let's go back to the entrance," said Cilan. The two followed Cilan back to the entrance of the trial site where Flannery and Misty were waiting for them. Before them was a large pot with several cooking tools. "Thanks for waiting ladies," said Cilan.

"Anytime," said Flannery.

"Alright let's get cooking," said Cilan walking behind the pot. "First let's put the Mago Berry," said Cilan. Felix dug through the Forge Bag and pulled out the pink berry and tossed it into the pot. "Next we'll pour in some Fresh Water," said Cilan. Misty pulls out a bottle of water and pours out all the content into the pot as Cilan mixes. "Next the honey," Starlight hands him the jar and watches as he pours out all the honey into the pot while still mixing. "Finally the big root," Felix pulls out the brown root and throws it in as Cilan mixes the content with the rare bone he received from Flannery. "And there we have it!" Cilan announced after several minutes of mixing. Before they knew it, a strange smell began to fill the area.

"Oh god that smells hideous," said Felix covering his nose. Starlight nodded in agreement when the sound of rustling leaves could be heard coming from behind them. The two turned around as something tall lept out and landed in front of them. The creature was tall with pink and white stripped legs. It had two large pink sickles as it's arms and two red bulbs over it's eyes.

"So you finally appeared," said Felix as Starlight hid behind him. Rotom flew out and scanned the Pokemon.

"Lurantis, the Bloom Sickle Pokemon and the evolved form of Fromantis, It fires beams from it's sickle shaped petals. These beams are powerful enough to cleave through thick metal plates," Rotom stated. The Totem Lurantis let out a high pitched screech as it's aura burst to life.

"Hmph it won't be long, let's go Lycanroc!" said Felix throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as his orange coat wolf emerged growling at the Totem. "Fire Fang!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc dashed out as it opened it's jaws and bit down hard on the Totem as flames scorched the area where Lycanroc bit it. Felix thrusted his arm down in celebration before the Totem could shake it off. Lycanroc retreated back to it's trainer and growled. Lurantis raised both of it's sickles in the air as green energy began to surround Lurantis.

"What is that?" asked Starlight.

"It's Lurantis's signature move, Solar Blade!" Rotom exclaimed.

Heh isn't that a two turn move, I'll just attack before Lurantis finishes charging, Lycanroc Fire Fang one more-" But Felix took a step back in shock as a bright green beam appeared over Lurantis's head. "What already!?" Felix yelped. Lurantis raised it's sickles up to the beam and brought it down hard on Lycanroc. Felix's eyes widened as his Pokemon collapsed on the ground unable to continue. "With one hit!?" he yelped. Lurantis let out another screech as another Pokemon appeared beside it. The Pokemon was small and had a grey body as it bounced around it midair.

"What is that?" asked Starlight. Rotom quickly flew up to it and scanned the Pokemon.

"Castform Weather Pokemon, Normal Type, Castform's appearance changes with the weather. This Pokemon gained the ability to use the vast power of nature to protect it's tiny body," stated Rotom. Felix called back his Pokemon and pulled out his second ball.

"I'm not going down easily, Silvally let's go!" he said throwing the ball. The Pokeball popped open as his Shiny Silvally emerged it's coat sparkling in the sunlight. It's eyes and fins were shaded in a lime green color indicating that it's type was bug. "Multi Attack on Lurantis!" Silvally growled as it lunged at Lurantis slashing it with it's talons followed by the sound of buzzing. "Alright it's super effective!" said Felix. But Lurantis was quick to recover as it raised it's sickles in the form of an X. It lunged at Silvally and slashed at it with it's sickles in the shape of an X. Silvally shook off the attack like it was nothing. "That's my Silvally," said Felix. Just then the opposing Castform let out a cry causing a large amount of sunlight to shine down on the group.

"What the?" asked Starlight. That's when she noticed the Castform looked different. This time the face was a deep shade of orange with seven orbs attached to it's head to make it look like the sun.

"Damn it just used Sunny Day," said Felix. "No matter I'll take care of that Lurantis-" But Felix's statement was cut off when he noticed Lurantis absorbing energy. "Shit not Solar Blade again," he cursed. He was so focused on Lurantis that he didn't notice an orange ball heading straight towards Silvally. By the time he realized Silvally was struck by the orb followed by Lurantis's Solar Blade. Once the dust cleared Silvally was on the ground unconscious. "SILVALLY!" Felix gasped.

"Oh no," said Starlight. Espeon nudged her hoof with a worried look on it's face. Felix called back his Silvally and nodded.

"You did good Silvally rest up," He put away Silvally's Pokeball and sighed. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the Pokeball Courtney had given him. "Whatever you are, I'm counting on you," he said as he threw it. The ball popped open as a strange Pokemon emerged. The Pokemon was small had white fur covering it's face. Five red horns stuck out of it's fur and it's deep blue eyes stared at the Lurantis.

"What is that?" asked Starlight. Rotom flew up to it and scanned the Pokemon.

"Larvesta Torch Pokemon, Bug Fire Type, said to have been born from the sun, it spews fire from it's horns and encases itself in a cocoon of fire when it evolves," states Rotom.

"A Larvesta, that's a bug and fire a 4x advantage towards Grass, I've always wanted one of these guys on my team," exclaimed Felix. "But this one looks different, did she breed it?" Felix mumbled.

"Go on it's the last stretch, finish the battle!" Cilan called out.

"No matter, bred or not you're going down, Flamethrower on Lurantis!" Larvesta inhaled and blasted a stream of fire towards Lurantis striking it in the chest. Lurantis let out a pained screech as it collapsed on the ground unable to continue.

"A single hit?" Starlight asked.

"Flamethrower is super effective for a Pokemon like Lurantis, but since Sunny Day was up it boosted the power!" Rotom answered.

"Huh neat," said Starlight. Starlight stopped talking as the sky suddenly darkened. She looked up as a drop of rain fell on her nose. "Rain?" asked Starlight.

"The Castform must've used Rain Dance," answered Rotom. "Look," Rotom pointed towards Castform. When she looked forward she noticed that Castform now looked like a rain drop.

"Solar Beam!" Felix commanded. His Larvesta began to absorb energy and waited as their turn ended. The Castform began to dance around as a blue orb this time formed over Castform's head. "Damn weather ball, quick avoid it!" Felix commanded. As the Castform attacked, Larvesta quickly jumped to the left. "Now Solar Beam!" Felix commanded. Larvesta let out a loud buzzing noise as a large green orb appeared over it's head and a green beam struck the Castform knocking it out. "One hit?" Felix asked confused. He looked down at Larvesta who turned around and smiled as a little heart appeared over it's head. "It must've gotten a critical hit because it likes me," Felix mumbled to himself.

"Felix you did it!" Starlight said giving him a hug.

"Splendid!" Cilan beamed as he walked up to them.

"I couldn't have done it with my Pokemon," he said looking down at Larvesta. Larvesta blushed as it jumped up into his arms and snuggled closely to him.

"Aww," cooed Starlight.

"And as a congratulations here you are," said Cilan holding out his hand. Felix opened his palm to retrieve the Z-Crystal when Cilan suddenly spoke up. "Just kidding, I don't have it,"

"What!?" asked Felix. Suddenly the sound of Grass rustling could be heard behind them. Felix and Starlight turned around to see Lurantis standing behind them.

"Since when!?" asked Starlight. But Lurantis shook off the shock from Starlight as it held out sickle towards Felix. Felix nodded as he held out his hand and the Lurantis dropped the shiny green Z-Crystal in his palm.

"Alright I got the Grassium Z!" Felix announced. Around him everyone including Lurantis applauded for his achievement.

"Now watch," said Cilan. Felix turned towards him as he raised both of his arms up to his face in the X formation. He threw his arms up and off to his side before bringing them back up in front of him with his right wrist over his left. Finally he put his palms together and thrusted them upwards and out into a Y formation. "Congratulations, this should be the last trial before the Grand Trial," said Cilan.

"Yep Grand Trial here I come," said Felix.

"Well good luck, I suggest that you use that Grassium Z to your fullest, since I heard the Grand Trial uses Rock Types," said Cilan.

"Great thanks for the info," said Felix. Starlight and Felix waved goodbye as they left the last trial site on Akala Island. As the two made their way towards the Pokemon Center, a large rainbow had formed over the sky. As the two walked past the large boulder towards the Pokemon Center, three figures walked out.

"Hmm nice job Felix, you're getting strong," said Dexio.

"He really is," chuckled Sina.

"What do you think Io, this is the son of Symon and Amber," said Dexio looking towards the hooded figure.

"I'm impressed, those two gave birth to a talented child," said the figure.

"They really did," said Sina. Io looked up at the rainbow and sighed. "Something wrong?" asked Sina.

"Nothing just wondering, if Necrozma had created that rainbow, would Alola really learn to fear him?" He shook his head and turned around. "Let's go," he said as he walked towards Brooklet hill. Dexio and Sina looked at each other and shrugged as they followed him.

Author's Note:

Chapter 25 complete. Wow thank Arceus Courtney gave him that Larvesta, it really helped Felix beat that Totem. But why would she be helping him? She has her own reasons. But now that's all the Akala Trials Complete. And now The Grand Trial. After the Grand Trial, it's off to Ula Ula. With a new Team Member, Felix's story is moving forward smoothly. Not only that but we also got to meet another returning character. But how will Io play a role? Keep reading to find out.

PreviousChapters Next