• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 718 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 718

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Versus Totem Gumshoos

The sun was starting to set as Felix and Starlight both made their way to Verdant Cavern for Felix's first trial. Along the way the two took turns battling trainers and wild Pokemon that attacked them. The finally reached the Pokemon Center where Lillie was standing on the steps.

"Hey Lillie!" Starlight called out. Lillie turned around to face them.

"Oh Starlight and Felix I assume you'll be starting you're first trial?" asked Lillie.

"Yep and boy am I excited," said Felix grinning. His Lycanroc let out a cheerful bark while Silvally scratched it's talons into the ground.

"Great and you Starlight?" asked Lillie.

"Well Felix taught me how to train Pokemon, but I'd rather just sit back and watch," answered Lillie.

"Oh I see I guess you're not interested in battles either," said Lillie. Inside Lillie's bag, Nebby let out a small pew as if it was telling Felix good luck. "Oh before you go to heal your Pokemon did I tell you about Roto Loto?" asked Lillie. Felix and Starlight looked at each other then back at Lillie and shook their heads.

"Well if it's explanation you need allow me," said Rotom flying out of Felix's bag. "It's pretty easy, when the center of my screen starts spinning, just tap to win a special Roto Power," said Rotom.

"Hmm sounds cool," said Felix.

"Indeed it is, here try it," said Rotom. Suddenly the map on Rotom's screen disappeared as several symbols popped up and began spinning downwards like one of the machines at a casino. Felix waited before he tapped the screen on a red arrow pointing up. "Hey that's an amazing power," said Rotom. Suddenly the screen popped open as two small blue diamonds with the red arrows popped out. Felix quickly grabbed them and held it out show Starlight could see them.

"What are these?" asked Starlight.

"They're Roto Boosts, it boosts all the stats of a Pokemon in a battle," said Rotom.

"That's neat," said Felix.

"Isn't Rotom amazing, possessing all kinds of different functions to help you along you're island challenge," said Lillie.

"It really is," said Starlight.

"Well I better be going, but good luck on your trial Felix," said Lillie.

"Thanks," said Felix. The three shared their goodbyes as Lillie walked off up the hill while Felix and Starlight walked into the Pokemon Center to heal their team.

"Hmm those two, could they really be the one?" asked Soliera

"Perhaps Soliera, then maybe we can-" but Phyco's statement was cut short when a voice interrupted from behind.

"Hmph you fools truly believe that those two can stop Necrozma?" Phyco and Soliera turned around to the third figure standing behind them. He was wearing a similar outfit to the Ultra Recon Squad, but instead his armor was black and his helmet had two antenna like features protruding out from each side. He had a small visor over his eyes that seemed to glow in a rainbow light. On his chest plate was a rainbow N that completely stood out from the black armor.

"Boss," said Soliera. The figure stepped forward and looked towards the Pokemon Center.

"That boy, the Z-Power Ring he wears, could it be the source of the aura?" asked the Boss.

"Perhaps," said Phyco.

"Hmph, well either way, he obviously doesn't know about the blinding one yet, we better make sure it remains that way, go on you two continue on with your research," said the boss. The two performed their greeting and walked back towards Hau'oli city. "Hmph those idiots, soon they'll know my true intentions with Necrozma," snickered the boss.


Both Felix and Starlight waited patiently as their Pokemon we're being fixed up. Meanwhile they took the time to buy some items and get a drink of Tapu Cocoa and receive some Poke Beans from the cafe owner. Once they were finished with business they walked out and headed into Verdant Cavern where Illima was waiting.

"Welcome you made it!" greeted Illima.

"Yeah and ready for my trial," said Felix.

"Great and I assume your pony friend will be watching?" asked Illima.

"Yeah, but I hope you don't mind me following Felix," said Starlight.

"No, no it's fine, anyways your parents probably told you how these trials work I reckon?" asked Illima.

"Yeah so no introduction needed," said Felix.

"Great, then let the trial of Captain Illima begin!" announced Illima.

"This way Starlight," said Felix running off. Starlight chuckled as she raced after Felix.


Felix and Starlight stopped short when they came across a small den near the entrance,"Now if I remember correctly, in a trial we have to battle two or three Pokemon and defeat the Totem Pokemon to complete it, simple enough, said Felix. "Hey Starlight wanna see what's in this den?" asked Felix. Starlight nodded as she walked over and poked her head in. Just then a small creature with brown fur and yellow hair jump out causing Starlight to jump back.

"What is that?" asked Starlight.

"Allow me," Rotom. "Yungoos Loitering Pokemon, Normal Type, With it's sharp fangs , it will bite anything, it did not originally live in Alola but was imported from another region," said Rotom.

"Heh normal type huh, well then Lycanroc I choose you," said Felix pointing his finger forward, Lycanroc jumped in front and got into battle stance. "Let's do this Brick Break!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc howled as it lunged at the Yungoos and raised it's left claw. Suddenly it brought it down and slapped the Yungoos on the cheek as it began to glow in a brownish red color. The Yungoos was knocked back and lazily lay on the ground indicating it had fainted. "Alright Lycanroc nice work!" Felix complimented. Lycanroc let out a happy bark and nuzzled it's trainer.

"That's one, two more I suppose?" asked Starlight.

"Yep let's go," said Felix running off with Starlight following behind. The two were about to climb up and elevated piece of land when something popped out of the ground and attacked them.

"Another Yungoos?" asked Starlight.

"No worries, Brick Break!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc once again lunged at the Yungoos and slapped it across the cheek as it's paw began to glow in the brownish red color, knocking the Yungoos unconscious. "Heh too easy," said Felix.

"My goodness Felix how strong are your Pokemon?" asked Starlight.

"Too strong," answered Felix."Now come on we still have one more," said Felix running off with Starlight trailing behind. The next Pokemon was hiding in the den right above Felix and Starlight's head but when they checked it nothing was there. The two noticed it had moved up to the den above them. Once again the two pursued the Pokemon and looked in only for it to disappear again. This time the Pokemon was in the den across from where they were. For a third time they followed and once again there was nothing in the den. This time the Pokemon had returned to it's original den. The two ran after it once more.

"Sweet Celestia this Pokemon is annoying," said Starlight

"All the better," said Felix. Just then the two heard footsteps as the same two Team Skull Grunts ran up to them.

"Yo, yo, yo," Grunt B called out.

"It's you're bad beach boys, back, back again remember us?" asked Grunt A. Starlight was about to answer before Felix stopped her. Starlight looked at him annoyed that he interrupted her but for some reason he had a big grin on his face. He turned around and answered.

"Sorry, who are you?" asked Felix. Starlight looked at him confused. What did he mean they JUST met them several minutes ago. Little did she know that the Grunt's arms slumped down over their side as they looked defeated.

"Oh I see," said Grunt B. Just then the two grunts faced each other and switched spots before facing Felix and Starlight again, "Just 'cause we switched places, you can't tell who we are anymore?" asked Grunt B. At this point Starlight wanted them to see her laugh. Starlight face hoofed herself while snickering. What the hell were wrong with these guys. Just because Felix said he doesn't remember them doesn't mean they should switch places. As if that would change anything in the first place.

"You two are idiots," laughed Starlight.

"What?" asked Grunt B. "Wha you think that's funny?" asked Grunt B offended.

"We'll beat you and that'll teach you not to laugh at us,"

"She's right you know, and besides even if you DID manage to beat us, that doesn't change the fact that you two will be dumb ass grunts no matter what," said Felix. That was it the two Grunts looked at Felix defeated realizing they had just been dissed by an 11 year old. The quickly regained their composure before hissing.

"Oh that's how it's gonna be huh, well then we'll prove you wrong," said Grunt B pulling out a Poke ball. "Go Drowzee," said Grunt B calling out his Pokemon.

"Bite," said Felix. Lycanroc jumped up and bit down down hard on Drowzee and throwing it back to it's trainer unconscious. "That was easy," said Felix.

"Is it cool for me to be in Team Skull if I'm this brittle?" asked Grunt B calling back his Pokemon.

"What's up with that?" asked Grunt A.

"For real though, I can't get my Skull around it, this kid's mad strong yo!" said Grunt B.

"Naw it ain't even like that, this kid's straight up dangerous homie!" said Grunt A. Felix stomped his foot on the ground tapping it impatiently.

"Well are you gonna get out of our way or what?" asked Felix. The two Grunts yelped as they ran up towards the back of the cavern. After a while the two returned looking more scared then ever.

"Yo, kid, you know there's a mad strong Pokemon lurking back here somewhere right, I'd run if I were you," said Grunt B.

"Naw we ain't going out like that, we gotta get our revenge, go stand over that den and catch the skulking Yungoos yo!" said Grunt A.

"For real fine I got now bones to pick with you," said Grunt B. The two then turned around and ran towards the two den near the back entrance of the Cavern and stood there trying to catch the Yungoos.

"Those idiots are helping us," said Starlight.

"Well better than nothing," said Felix running over to the only open den with Starlight following behind. For the fourth time Starlight looked into the den only for a bigger version of Yungoos to pop except this one was standing on it's hind legs and had it's hands behind it's back.

"Whoa that's new," said Starlight.

"Gumshoos Stakeout Pokemon, Normal Type, the evolved form of Yungoos, When it finds a trace of prey, it patiently stakes out the location, but it's always snoozing by nightfall," said Rotom.

"Perfect another Normal Type, Lycanroc Brick Break!" Felix ordered. Once again Lycanroc lunged at the Gumshoos and struck it with it's glowing claws only for it to survive the attack and get up. "Huh not an instant knock out," said Felix. Gumshoos hissed as it picked up and threw a pile of dirt into Lycanroc's face causing it to yelp.

"What was that?" asked Starlight.

"Sand Attack, it's a move that lowers the accuracy of a Pokemon to make them most likely to miss an attack," answered Felix.

"Isn't that bad?" asked Starlight.

"It is but I'm taking chances, Brick Break!" Felix ordered. Felix prayed as Lycanroc lunged and managed to strike the Gumshoos with it;s claws knocking it out for good. "Yes," said Felix.

"That's all three right, now we should be able to go face the Totem," said Starlight.

"Right, follow me," said Felix running towards the back entrance. The trial guide stopped them but eventually let them in after Felix told him that he defeated the Pokemon. Once they were inside they saw a pedestal with a shiny clear crystal placed on it. The two walked up to the pedestal right as a large Gumshoos suddenly jumped in front of them blocking the pedestal.

"Whoa that's big," said Starlight stepping back.

"Alright Totem Gumshoos lets do this," said Felix. The Totem Gumshoos hissed at the two as bright orange aura burst out from it's body. "Lycanroc you know the drill," said Felix Lycanroc nodded as it stepped forward. "Now use Brick Break!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc lunged and struck the Gumshoos with it's glowing claws causing an explosion, but when the dust cleared it looked as if the attack had done nothing.

"It didn't do a thing," said Starlight.

"That's a Totem Pokemon for ya," said Felix. The Totem Gumshoos suddenly jumped up and tackled Lycanroc knocking it back. "Are you ok?" asked Felix. Lycanroc let out a happy bark. Just then Gumshoos let out a loud hiss and before he knew it, a Yungoos had appeared next to Gumshoos. "A Yungoos huh, well it won't be long, Rock Slide!" Felix ordered. Lycanroc jumped up and stomped on the ground hard just as a large pile of rocks fell on top of the two knocking out the Yungoos but doing no damage to Gumshoos.

"It's still not doing anything," said Starlight. The Totem Gumshoos hissed as it tackled into Lycanroc.

"Hang in there," said Felix. This time the Totem didn't call for help and Felix saw his chance. "Brick Break!" Lycanroc once again lunged at the Totem Gumshoos. and struck it against the cheek with it's paws this time knocking it back sending dust and dirt flying.

"Did we do it?" asked Starlight Once the dust cleared, an unconscious corpse of the Totem Gumshoos lay on the floor still.

"Haha beat you!" announced Felix.

"Wow that was amazing," said Starlight clapping her hoofs.

"Indeed it was!" said Illima walking. "Well done Felix you've beaten the Totem Pokemon and completed my trial, the Z-Crystal is yours!" Illima beamed. Felix gently picked up the clear Z-Crystal and held it up in the air. "Now observe," said Illima. The two watched as Illima brought both of his hands up to his face in the form of an X before swing up and bringing his arms down then bringing them forward, his left arm right on top of his left, then brought them down diagonally to his right and brought his left arm back up across from his right, before finally bringing his left arm over his forehead and his right over his stomach to form a Z. "That is how you use the Normal Type Z-Move," said Illima. "Just give that Normalium Z to a Pokemon that knows how to use a normal type move and strike that pose I showed you to unleash it's Z-Power,"

"Great thanks," said Felix.

"Anytime friend," said Illima. "Oh before I forget, now that you've cleared my trial, you can catch any Pokemon in here, just use these Great Balls," said Illima handing Felix 5 blue balls with two red pieces coming out. "And some for you too Starlight," said Illima handing 5 more Great Balls to Starlight.

"Thanks," said Starlight.

"Come on Starlight let's go," said Felix running back into the Cavern. Once the three reentered the Cavern they were greeted by two members of the Ultra Recon Squad.

"So you obtained the Z-Crystal did you, using the power of your Pokemon to overcome the trial, amazing," said the male.

"Hey you two again," said Starlight.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Soliera," said the female member.

"I am Phyco, I believe this is where we should say Alola?" said the male member curling his mustache.

"Yes, Alola," said Felix.

"We are investigating the Z-Crystals found here in Alola for our own particular reasons," said Soliera. "And I also find those Poke balls that you use to be most intriguing, perhaps we will find reason to work together sometime in the future," added Soliera. The two performed their greetings before turning around and heading out towards the entrance.

"Well that was weird," said Starlight.

"Yeah but even so, they didn't seem like bad people, anyway we need to visit the Pokemon Center, thanks again for everything Illima," said Felix. Illima nodded as he waved the two off goodbye.

Author's Note:

Chapter 6 complete. Trial Complete well done Felix. Now I know what you might be thinking. To be honest I didn't know what level Felix's Lycanroc should be so I decided it should be around Level 30 by now since he DID have it for some time explaining the fact of why it's so strong. Team Skull tried to ruin Felix's trial only to be dissed by an 11 year old. Hopefully they can do better next time.

PreviousChapters Next