• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 718 Views, 12 Comments

Pokemon Ultra Cosmos - FandomPlays1234



Nova has vanished, The Ultra Beasts are back, Necrozma has turned evil, and Giovanni has returned with Team Rainbow Rocket, time for the ponies to return to Alola

  • ...
6
 12
 718

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Team Magma

"Mightyena your up," said Maxie tossing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as the black and grey furred canine emerged, growling and glaring at the group.

"What's that?" asked Felix.

"I don't know, I cant' seem to find any info on this Pokemon," said Rotom.

"Here take a look at this," said Flannery pulling out her Pokedex. Felix, Rotom, and Starlight gathered around her to read the entry.

"Mightyena, the biting Pokemon, Dark Type, Mightyena gives obvious signals when it's preparing to attack. It starts to growl deeply and then flattens its body. This Pokemon will bite savagely with it's sharply pointed fangs," stated the Pokedex.

"Dark type, I guess I can't be as much use in this battle," said Starlight.

"Don't worry Starlight I got this," said Felix pulling out an orange drive out of his bag. Silvally knew what was coming and walked over. Felix removed the water drive and replaced it with the fighting drive. Within moments, Silvally's eyes, and fins were in a deep orange color. "We're counting on you," he whispered to Silvally. Silvally nodded as he growled at his opponent.

"What a fool," laughed Maxie. "Ice Fang," he ordered. Mightyena opened it's jaws as ice began to form on it's fangs. It lunged and bit down on Silvally as he winced and shook him off immediately. "Hmm it wasn't effective?" asked Maxie.

"But sir surely that thing is ground type right?" asked Tabitha.

"Nice try, but my Silvally is actually a fighting type right now," smirked Felix.

"What!?" growled Maxie.

"To late though, Multi Attack!" Silvally lunged and slashed at the Mightyena with it's talons as a loud smack rang out knocking Mightyena unconscious.

"What impossible!" Maxie said.

"Leader Maxie should we...." stuttered Courtney.

"No I can handle this," said Maxie calling back his Pokemon. "If you think I'll let you win, that's a mistake, Go Crobat," said Maxie calling out his second Pokemon. The ball popped open as a large, purple, four winged bat emerged.

"Now what?" asked Starlight. Flannery walked over holding up her Pokedex.

"Crobat, the Bat Pokemon and the evolved form of Golbat, Crobat sneaks up on it's intended prey using wings that barely makes a sound. This Pokemon rests by hanging on a tree branch with it's rear legs that serves as wings," stated the Dex.

"And it's Poison Flying," said Starlight. She looked over to Felix and nodded.

"Are you sure?" Felix asked in a concerned voice.

"Don't worry, I'll use everything you taught me to beat this thing," said Starlight. Felix nodded as he called back Silvally and let Starlight take his place.

"Hey you can't just switch out like that during battle," said Tabitha.

"It's not called switching, it's called helping a friend," said Starlight. "Raichu let's do this," said Starlight. Raichu grinned as it hovered up to face Crobat. "Raichu use Thunderbolt!" Starlight commanded. Raichu let out a high pitched squeak as thunderclouds appeared over Crobat's head and a bolt of electricity came crashing down doing massive damage.

"Impressive for someone who's not a native to this world you have some talent, but it's not good enough for me, Crobat Sludge Bomb," Maxie ordered. Crobat inhaled as it spat out a large glob of poison at Raichu only for it to do half of it's health. "Not effective?" asked Maxie.

"Why don't I show you why, Psychic!" Starlight ordered. Raichu squeaked as a pink aura surrounded Crobat and knocked it down unconscious.

"Impossible!" said Maxie.

"Heh too good for you," smirked Starlight. Maxie called back his Pokemon and pulled out his third ball.

"We'll see about that, Camerupt deal with these meddlers," said Maxie throwing his Pokeball. The ball popped open as a large 2 humped orange camel emerged. Flannery quickly pulled up the Dex entry and showed it to Felix and Starlight.

"Camerupt, the Eruption Pokemon and the evolved form of Numel, Camerupt has a volcano inside it's body. Magma of 18,000 degrees courses through it's body. Occasionally, the humps on this Pokemon's back erupt, spewing the super heated magma," stated the Dex.

"Ground and Fire, in that case, Silvally you're up again!" said Felix calling out his Pokemon. Starlight's Raichu retreated and was replaced by Silvally. Felix took out the water drive again and replaced it for the fighting drive. Silvally's eyes and fins once again turned to a light bluish color. "Now Silvally Multi Attack!" Felix commanded. Silvally growled as it lunged at Camerupt and slashed it with it's talons spraying water everywhere and knocking it out in one hit.

"Nice," said Starlight.

"Down in one hit!?" yelped Tabitha.

"So cool," said Courtney. Maxie clenched his teeth as he called back his third Pokemon.

"You can keep trying but I will not let the president down," growled Maxie pulling out a fourth Pokeball. He threw it as a large purple two headed creature with the toxic symbol engraved on it's stomach, emerged.

"Oh great now what?" asked Starlight.

"Weezing, the Poison Gas Pokemon and the evolved form of Koffing, Weezing alternately shrinks and inflates its twin bodies to mix together toxic gases inside. The more the gases are mixed, the more powerful the toxins become. The Pokemon also becomes more putrid," states the Dex.

"Poison Types are easy to handle when you got Psychic by your side," said Starlight. Silvally retreated as Raichu took it's spot. "Psychic!" Starlight ordered. Raichu let out a happy squeak as a pink aura surrounded Weezing and knocked it's health down to half.

"Don't get in my way," hissed Maxie. Weezing gasped as it hurled a shadowy blob towards Raichu doing massive damage.

"Raichu are you ok?" asked Starlight. Raichu let out a squeak as it winced trying to keep it's stand.

"Be careful Starlight, that Weezing has Shadow Ball which is a ghost type move," said Flannery.

"Don't worry that thing won't stay up for another minute, Psychic!" Raichu squeaked as the pink aura surrounded Weezing and took it out for good. Maxie growled as he called back his Pokemon.

"Alright four down," said Felix.

"You have done well thus far, however you leave me no choice but to use this final Pokemon," said Maxie pulling out one last Pokeball. Only this time it was a purple ball with a large white M engraved on the center. "Groudon let's finish this," He threw his ball as a large red creature emerged. It had large claws with white spikes coming out from the side of it's head and multiple black veins ran up and down it's body. It's yellow eye drilled relentlessly into the three below it.

"What in the name of Equestria!?" Starlight yelped.

"Groudon, the Continent Pokemon, Ground Type, Groudon is said to be the personification of the land itself. Legends tell of it's many clashes against Kyogre, as each sought to gain the power of nature," states the Dex. Suddenly Groudon let out a large roar as the sunlight suddenly grew bright and it became really hot.

"Wha it became so hot all of a sudden," said Felix.

"That's Groudon's ability drought," said Maxie. "With this we'll surely take you out,"

"Over my dead body, your Pokemon is weak against mine," said Felix.

"We'll see about that, Solar Beam!" Maxie ordered.

"Oh crap," said Felix. Groudon began to absorb energy eventually letting out a single roar as a beam of green light shot out and struck Silvally knocking it out. "Silvally!" Felix exclaimed as he ran over to his Pokemon. "You did good rest up for me," said Felix returning Silvally back into it's ball. Felix was about to bring out his Lycanroc when he remembered it was still fainted. "Shit I'm out of Pokemon!" cursed Felix.

"Don't worry I got your back," said Starlight. "Grass Knot!" Starlight ordered. Raichu jumped up as a small emerged from the ground underneath Groudon and tripped it doing massive damage.

"Heh nice try but you won't survive this next attack," laughed Maxie. "Earthquake," Groudon slowly got up and stomped the ground beneath it causing the ground to shake and knocking Raichu down. Raichu let out a pained squeak as it collapsed on the ground unconscious.

"Raichu!" Starlight gasped.

"Good work Leader Maxie," said Tabitha. Starlight called back her Pokemon and pulled out her second Pokeball. "Abra let's go!" The ball popped open as Starlight's Abra emerged from the ball.

"Hmph too easy," laughed Maxie. "Solar Beam," Groudon began absorbing energy and blasted Abra with the same green light that took out Silvally. Abra let out a pained cry as it fainted. Starlight clenched her teeth as she called back Abra and sent out her final Pokemon.

"Eevee!" The small brown creature popped out and stared at Groudon with a happy look. "Quick Attack!" Starlight ordered. Eevee dashed out with great speed and tackled its entire body against Groudon's leg doing nothing.

"Solar Beam," Maxie ordered. Groudon once again began absorbing energy and blasted Starlight's Eevee with the green light knocking it out.

"No," Starlight whimpered as she caught Eevee with her magic.

"Hmph, looks like you failed," chuckled Tabitha.

"Now tell us what you know," ordered Maxie. Felix glared at Maxie and was about to open his mouth when something landed in front of the two. The Totem Marowak swung it's bone club in a circle and growled. Following behind the Salazzle slithered up next to Marowak and hissed at the Groudon.

"Marowak," said Starlight.

"More interference?" groaned Maxie. "No matter I'll take these fools out, Earthquake," Maxie ordered. But before Groudon could attack Marowak swung it's bone creating an invisible barrier in front of Salazzle, Felix, and Starlight protecting the three from the attack. "What?" asked Maxie.

"It just used Detect," said Felix. The Salazzle jumped in front of Marowak and hissed at Groudon making it angry.

"And Salazzle's Torment," said Starlight. This time Marowak jumped in front of Salazzle and began spinning towards Groudon in a wheel of fire and striking it in the chest. Salazzle slithered around Marowak and hissed at it as a disgusting purple substance covered Groudon's body. Suddenly the once healthy Groudon now looked hurt as if wanted to vomit.

What's the meaning of this!?" asked Tabitha.

"Salazzle's Toxic," answered Flannery.

"No matter use Earthquake," ordered Maxie. Groudon was about to attack when the Salazzle hissed at it forcing him to back off.

"Forget about it, your Pokemon's been tormented," said Felix. Maxie growled obviously angry. But before he could give out any more orders, Marowak began spinning it's bone as purple smoke suddenly surrounded Groudon and drove its health down to nothing. Groudon let out a pained roar as it collapsed on the ground unable to continue.

"What is the meaning of this!?" asked Maxie.

"Your Pokemon was poisoned so Marowak's Hex attack did double damage," answered Felix.

"Impossible I couldn't have been defeated by a mere child and his pony," said Maxie.

"You just did," snickered Starlight. Maxie called back his Pokemon and glared at the group.

"You may have beaten us, but just you wait, we will return," said Maxie as he turned around and walked down the Volcano with Tabitha and the group of people running after him.

"Yeah that's right scram!" Flannery called out.

"Hmm not bad," said Courtney walking up to them.

"And what do YOU want from us?" growled Starlight.

"Oh not much, just thought you guys were cool," answered Courtney.

"Really?" asked Felix.

"Of course, by the way take these, hope they can make up for their actions," said Courtney handing them several bottles of potions and revives. Both Starlight and Felix reluctantly grabbed them from her hand and went to work healing their Pokemon.

"We really appreciate what you're doing, but why are you helping us?" asked Felix.

"Cause I'm interested in you," giggled Courtney as she winked at him.

"What me?" asked Felix looking surprised.

"Oh don't worry I'm not planning anything creepy," she said smiling. "Oh by the way you're going to take on you're next trial right?" she asked.

"Um yeah," answered Felix.

"Then I suggest you take this," said Courtney slipping a Pokeball into his hand.

"Wait what?" asked Felix. Courtney placed her finger over his lips and shushed him.

"Don't tell anyone about this alright?" asked Courtney. Felix hesitated but eventually nodded. "Great hope to see you again soon," she scooted over next to Felix and kissed his cheek making him blush and Starlight stare at them in shock. She got up and walked down the Volcano giggling. Felix looked over to Starlight and pointed at her.

"You didn't see anything," Starlight shook her head, promising to forget what she just witnessed.

Author's Note:

Chapter 23 complete. Wow what a heated battle (Yes Pun intended). But in the end they managed to beat Team Magma, only they got help from the Totem and it's ally. But hey at least they managed to beat most of Maxie's Pokemon with the power of teamwork. But now that that's done, its time for Felix to take on his third and final trial before the grand trial. Hopefully he won't have too much trouble dealing with Lurantis as much as I did. Also do you think Courtney needs to stop flirting with Felix or not. Let me know.

PreviousChapters Next