• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 29,415 Views, 5,210 Comments

Twilight gets a Puppy - TDR



A baby dragon wasn't the only thing Twilight gained during her acceptance test.

  • ...
70
 5,210
 29,415

PreviousChapters Next
Boast Barkers, Epilogue, part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
By TDR

Boast Barkers
Epilogue, part 1

[Golden Oaks library.]




The library door slammed shut as a pissed off white unicorn stormed out.

Twilight, Rahs, and Applejack watched the door for a moment from where they sat around a table before Applejack turned back to Twilight.

“She took that bettern' ah thought she would.” Applejack shrugged.

“Her shop was smashed, I’m amazed she took it this well.” Twilight sighed.” You're taking it surprisingly well too.”

“Ah don't like it, but ah ken see it weren’t really her fault. Sides ah kinda asked fer it by challenging her. Applejack sighed. “Had time tah cool mah head a bit an think about it and she kinda needs tah boast like that tah do what she does.”

Rahs nodded.

“So Pinkie Pie Black listed um huh....”Applejack let out a whistle.” Tah be honest being on that list is a lot worse than it sounds. Yah got no idea how much yah want something after yer told yah can't have it.”

“Pfft Twilight and Rahs keep me from stuff all the time.” Spike huffed walking out of the basement into the kitchen.

“So how longs she gonna be in town?” Applejack continued offering the annoyed Spike a small wave..

“Probably another week or two. The insurance adjuster wants to argue with me about what is and is not covered under the town blanket insurance policy for visitors.”Twilight smiled.”Mr. Nit Pick gets very cross with me when I read him back exact lines of the claims scrolls without looking. Trying to claim she isn't covered due to her not being a resident is only a factor if the damage caused was not by a resident or the actions of a resident. That part was only put in place due to the wild storms from the Everfree.”

“Yeah ah heard about that. That guys a pain.” Applejack chuckled.” Glad yer on our side. If Big Mac didn't enjoy doing tha farms taxes I’d see if you were interested.”

“He enjoys doing taxes?” Twilight asked.

“Says it's relaxing.” Applejack shrugged.”So hows that claim looking?”

“Trixie should have her bits for the claim before the end of the week. It helps that Rahs was inside the wagon and can confirm a number of the more substantial parts of the claim. “Twilight pointed out. “ Nit Pick tried to say his observation wasn't valid because he wasn't a Government Employee, to which I reminded him that Rahs is a Library Assistant appointed by Princess Celestia herself. He then tried the claim of a non Equestrian speaking observer, to Which Rahs recited the full rule of law he was speaking of, pointing out the errors in Nit Pick's logic, just like I told him to.”

“Woof.” Rahs shrugged as Twilight rolled her eyes.

“I am quite aware making him offer you a sample of his magic was your idea. As was telling him his magic tasted like flat root beer.” Twilight grumbled. “Any way. The real culprits are punished, though from my understanding their parents have something in store for them too. I've danced loopholes around Nit Pick long enough that the he's debating proposing to me, Trixie's kicked back in a hotel for a while and alls well in the end.”

“Woof.” Rahs commented.

“Right almost. We have no idea where Rainbow Dash is, Rarity's mad at me and Fluttershy is pissed off at the two foals who lured a baby Ursa into town. She's also mad at me because I didn't ask for her help.”

“Fluttershy'll be fine sugar cube. She probably already knows tha name of than mother and has tea with her. Can't help yah with Rarity, but Dash'll show back up. She tends tah disappear fer a day or two if she get's real embarrassed.” Applejack offered.

“Why did she get all flustered like that any way.” Spike asked waddling back into the room with a sandwich bigger than himself.

“Folks thought tha pair of us were an item fer a while causa how close we are. We ain't, but that don't mean nothing tah tha rumor mill.” Applejack muttered.

“Really cause you were pretty flushed too.” Twilight grinned with Rahs cracking a smile as well as his ears perked up.

“......ain't like that. Just sorta embarrassing being called out like that. My barn door don't swing that way.” Applejack protested.

Any further teasing was cut off as the front door burst open and a dark blue alicorn burst into the Library. Her wings flared out wide, the starlit void of her mane whipping wildly, the bulk of it streaked with white as shooting stars shot across her mane and tail. The alicorn's eyes were a bright red and she had noticeable bags under them.

“PERFECT, JUST THE ONES WE WISHED TO SEE!” Luna bellowed in the Royal Canterlot voice as she strode forward towards the table.

“YOUNG SPIKE, WE ARE PARCHED FROM OUR FLIGHT, WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO MAKE US A COFFEE?” Luna continued not noticing that Spike's sandwich and the young drake were plastered against the wall from the power of her voice.

“Umm,” Spike stammered looking to Rahs who shook his head.”We don't have a coffee maker at the moment. We're still moving in kinda.”

Twilight was about to protest that when Rahs slapped a paw over her mouth and slightly shook his head.

“AHHH PITY , PERHAPS WE SHALL GET SOMETHING FROM THE LOCAL SHOP, POST HAST THEN?” Luna continued looking back at the door.

“Hate tah break it to yah Princess but tha towns one coffee shop got eaten by an Ursa last night.” Applejack stated, not sure what was going on.

“MMM MOST UNFOURTUNATE BUT WE BRING NEWS. SO OUR CAFFINATION MUST WAIT A MOMENT MORE THEN. OUR SISTER HAS INFORMED US THAT YOU WISH TO KNOW YOUR ORIGINS YOUNG RAHS!?”Luna explained. “WE KNOW FULLY OF THEM,THOUGH WE MUST ADMIT WE ARE UNAWARE OF HOW YOU CAME TO BE HERE.”

“Really?” Twilight and Rahs both sat up looking at the Princess and even Spike took interest.

“S'TRUTH, WE ARETHE CREATOR OF THE MOON DOGS AFTER ALL. TIS A SAD THING WHEN ONE OF OUR GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT ….......”

The four at the table glanced to each other as Luna continued on like a broken record, slowly starting to list to the side before snapping back to full alertness.

“.............GREAT, GREAT, GRANDFOAL.. OR PUP....... HONESTLY WE ARE NOT SURE WHAT THE TERM IS THOUGH TIA CONSIDERS ALL PONIES HER LITTLE PONIES SO PERHAPS WE SHOULD COME UP WITH A CUTE, EASILY MARKITABLE TERM SUCH AS THAT.” Luna considered. ”NON THE LESS WE FEEL THE NEEDTO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE............WHY ARE THERE ARE CURRENTLY SEVERAL OF YOU DANCING AROUND?”

The others looked at Rahs who remained where he had been at the table. The Moon Dog blinked and tilting his head a little looking at Luna.

“WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF YOU ALL........oh pony feathers.” Luna muttered the last, falling forward with a crash and smashing through the table hitting the ground her wings askew.

All of them were seconds away from full blown panic, when loud snores came from the Night Princess, the noise enough to rattle the windows in the library.

Twilight stared down at the Luna goddess. Her flank in the air as her back legs still retained their standing position, her face buried in the remains of Twilight's table and dishes. Only her horn remained poking out of the limp mass of mane that pooled around her head in the crevasse of the table.

The group watched for a few moments seeing nothing else happen before Twilight sighed.

“Spike take a letter.” Twilight stated. “ Dear Princess Celestia. Please come and get your sister..........”

Author's Note:

Because someone wanted it........... Overly caffeinated Luna returns...... briefly

PreviousChapters Next