• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 29,372 Views, 5,210 Comments

Twilight gets a Puppy - TDR



A baby dragon wasn't the only thing Twilight gained during her acceptance test.

  • ...
69
 5,210
 29,372

PreviousChapters Next
Swarm of 456 years. Epilogue

Twilight Gets a Puppy
By TDR





Swarm of 456 years.
Epilogue

“Pinkie Pie.......” Twilight said with a calmness she didn't feel. It had taken her several hours and a nap to calm down from her last episode, though she took some joy in knowing that it didn't take as long to stop freaking out as it used to. Spike said seven seconds less wasn't a reason to party just yet, but he was cranky and any improvement was good in her eyes. Rahs considered it an improvement too, though he was grouchy as well because of Applejack for some reason he wouldn't explain.

“Yeeees Twilight?” Pinkie Pie grinned.

“Explain this one more time. How did you know about the Parasprites?” Twilight demanded.

“We used to get them back on the farm. They ate everything and every pony went hungry until Grandma Pie showed us how to get rid of them.” Pinkie Pie explained.

“ Right music...”

“Polka.”

“What?”

“It has to be polka, they don't like other kinds of music.”Pinkie Pie added seriously.

Twilight stared at the pink mare a moment before looking up at Rahs who simply wrote that down.

“Okay.... and a swarm that size won't mess with the forests ecosystem?” Twilight questioned.

“Nah too many things eat them as snacks, that's why they reproduce so fast.” Pinkie pondered.

“Right and you were going to tell the rest of us about being able to get rid of them when?” Twilight rubbed her the bridge of her nose.

“I did try to tell you.”

“No you only said you needed to gather instruments, not what for.” Twilight corrected.

“Well duh, they were to take care of the parasprites, what else would I need them for?”

Pinkie Pie didn't seem bothered when Twilight lunged for her throat, her hooves reaching out to strangle the mare. Though that was mostly due to this being the third time since she had shown up to talk to Twilight. Rahs had caught her by the tail each time, and this time was no different. So like before Twilight's hooves were stopped just short of the pink pony's neck.

After a moment of frantic forelimb waving Twilight settled back down with a sigh and Rahs let go of her tail.

“Pinkie Pie... I must ask that the next time you know of a danger of ANY KIND of danger, that you be a little more forthcoming with the details of why you need things or to do something.” Twilight explained after catching her breath.

“Okie Doki Loki.” Pinkie Pie chimed. “ Will do, except when I can't.”

Twilight and Rahs both stared at Pinkie slowly blinking.

“Any way I need to go and help the Cakes with catching up with their baking, we've gotten super busy as most of the other shops in town are shut down.” Pinkie Pie hopped up and pronked over to the door with a wave .” See you guys later.”

Twilight and Rahs stared at the door as she shut it behind her.

“The ponies who live in this town are crazy!” Twilight screamed suddenly.

“Bork.” Rahs smirked looking down at his sister.

“I know I live here what are you.... Shut up.” Twilight growled as Rahs snickered.

[Elsewhere]

“ Are thou sure this is them?” Luna asked curiously, the figure beside her offering a small nod.

The Princess of the Night looked over the pair before her curiously. The room was lushly furnished with a delightfully antique apple wood desk, while waiting for the arrival of the pair before her she had amused herself for some time with the drinking bird on the corner of the desk.

“What are thine names?”

“Cosma and Blink, Princess.” The gray furred aside standing next to Luna offered. Luna fanned a wing at her assistant urging her to let these two answer her.

“Thou has six children?” Luna questioned the pair.

“That is correct Princess.” The female stated.

“No it is not.” The male interjected. “We have seven.”

“Cosma, we have been over this.” Blink winced looking between her husband and the Princess. “ We agreed to let it go...”

“You agreed. I agreed with nothing. No body, no trace, he's not dead.” Cosma snarled.

“Would thou care to explain.” Luna asked calmly not seeming bothered by the outburst.

“Our second child, the first son... vanished one day a long time ago.” Blink offered curtly as if not wanting to tell this story again.”No sign, no trace of him was ever found. We believed something got him, but there was no proof, he simply vanished from our home. It was unheard of. We are the apex here Princess, we are born ready to do our jobs, there are no threats.”

“And after that the incident started?” Luna asked.

“Yes.” Cosma spoke up again. “ Two of our charges vanished without a trace, the other charges however were not concerned, they didn't have nightmares of any sort of tragedy or what expected for such a loss. Our charges were still alive but we could not reach them.”

“Nothing like this has happened since.....” Blink trailed off as Luna lowered her ears. No one liked to think of that time.

“How old was he?” Luna questioned.

“Six. He was six when he vanished, the same age as his charge. That was considered a lucky sign, they were born only a few days apart.” Blink offered.

Luna closed her eyes, a number of pieces had been put into place by this meeting, a meeting that was long overdue. She exhaled lightly before asking her next question. “What was his name?”

“Shar.” Cosma stated.

“Shar of the line of Mánagarmr. Quite a linage thou has, it can be traced back to the first pack.” Luna offered noting the pairs slight burst of pride at their pedigree.” And a interesting choice of name, the realm is truly seen backwards as theorized.”

Cosma nodded, though both of the parents ears flattened as Luna chuckled.

“Princess?” Blink frowned wondering why the mare before them was smiling after they were forced to remember what they lost.

“We apologize, we forget we are privy to things you are not yet” Luna placated. “Foremost your charges are not lost, though a incident has happened which makes them untouchable even by us. There are three in total in that blind spot, all of them siblings, though one is adopted. We are unsure as to why, but we have theories.”

The pair before her perked up their ears, the long, navy blue furred lengths topped with small glowing points of light that resembled the moon.

Luna smiled at the Moon Dogs before her in the dream scape.

“Secondly, the name thine son goes by now, is Rahs...”

Author's Note:

Woot two posts in one day. And more is revealed including *drumroll* Rahs' parents!!!!!

PreviousChapters Next