• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 29,356 Views, 5,210 Comments

Twilight gets a Puppy - TDR



A baby dragon wasn't the only thing Twilight gained during her acceptance test.

  • ...
69
 5,210
 29,356

PreviousChapters Next
Pony and Dog Show, part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
By TDR

Pony and Dog Show, part 2

[ North of Ponyville]

“ Dresses? Yer deal is ta make them dresses!?” Applejack stammered stumbling as she ran along with the others.

“It's a little more complex than that Darling but that is part of it.” Rarity sighed. “I struck a deal to make most of their clothing when I was foal napped and I’ve been milking that since. At any rate there are two packs, the Bone Hounds and the Wolf Fang. The Bone Hounds have the territory north of Ponyville and are the ones who have taken Rahs.”

“And you know this for a fact?” Twilight demanded flatly, the Unicorn wasn't even trying to hide her desire to rather not nice things to the Diamond Dogs.

“Of course. The scraps of cloth we found at the library have a particularly low thread count. Substandard work with coarse materials.”Rarity explained. “That coupled with the fur and that broken spear we found point to the Bone Hounds. Lady Jynx wished for better material for her pack and was willing to discuss ways to get it.”

“Wait, which ones Jynx?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“The Wolf Fang pack south of town. Out of the two they are the most civil, but only because of their current Alpha, though she has a bit of a uphill battle against years of traditions. Thankfully that was the pack that nabbed me as a foal. The Bone Hounds found out about my deal with their hated enemies and wanted a deal of their own, though they mostly use my gem finding ability more than my sewing skills. There are also random scatterings of smaller splinter packs around in the forest and such, but most of them answer to one of the main packs.”

“Any idea why they would want Rahs?” Rainbow Dash asked flying over the others.

“No, I’m not even sure how they knew about him. They tend to stay away from town and as far as I know are not that interested in Pony events.” Rarity sighed. “ Perhaps that changed after Nightmare Moon came back.”

Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash galloped along the path north towards the rocky fields where the Diamond Dog pack lived.

Fluttershy was asked to stay back with Fireball and the CMC, mostly to keep Spike from coming after them. Something Rarity didn't think Fireball could do by herself.

The white mare had taken over the planning almost as soon as they knew there was an issue. The few Guards available were to remain in the town in case this was a precursor to another attack. Spike had sent a message to Celestia, and Rarity and the others set out to try and get Rahs back.

The hard part had been convincing Twilight not to go in horn blazing, interestingly enough it had been Applejack who had calmed the mare down enough to listen. Rarity had expected the farm pony to be more than willing to destroy the Diamond Dogs, particularly the Bone Hounds given her families past with them.

Her plan was fairly straight forward. Rarity would go in and speak with the pack Alpha, Butch. Applejack and the others would guard Twilight, who would yank Rarity out of the tunnels if something went wrong. Rarity had two spells ready, simple to cast and easily detected by Twilight, who would be scanning the area from above. One was the signal to get her out of there, and the other was the signal that she had found Rahs. The latter would have the group teleport in, grab Rahs, and then teleport out.

Optimally Rarity would go in and come back out with Rahs after finding out it was all some sort of confusion and foalish misunderstanding. Though not even Pinkie Pie believed that after seeing the library.

Most of them just hoped the blood that had covered the stairs wasn't from Rahs.

“You early.” A towering gray furred Diamond Dog grunted, the armored brute looking down at the white unicorn mare before him.

“I have come to bargain.” Rarity said staring up at the brute not trying to hide her disdain for the creature.

“Whatever pony. You know where boss be. “the guard growled. “ Might be lucky, him in good mood today.”

“That in itself is worrying.” Rarity frowned marching past the guard who barely gave her another glance.

The towering Diamond Dog paused looking back at the mare who was just vanishing down the dark tunnel. Briefly he thought he saw three? He shook his head settling in to keep watch.

“She's in.” Pinkie Pie whispered from the bush she was hiding behind, a pair of binoculars pressed to her eyes.

“Alright now we just have to wait until one signal or another.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“Ah hate waiting like this.” Applejack muttered.

“Right now I am trusting in Rarity to succeed. That is the only thing keeping me calm at this second.” Twilight growled, her mane starting to smolder.

“Really all of us are hoping Miss Rarity can resolve this peacefully.” Another voice added. “ Well okay not all of us are, but most of us.”

The group turned as one looking back to see a tall pink pony standing behind them calmly looking towards the Diamond Dog warrens.

Applejack noticed how ridiculously pretty the unicorn was.
Rainbow Dash noticed her massive wings.
Pinkie Pie frowned seeing that she wasn't the pinkest pink there was anymore compared to the new comer.
Twilight saw one of her oldest friends.

“Cadence!” Twilight gasped. “ What are you doing here?”

“I'm here to take you four back to Ponyville.” Cadence said flatly.

“They have Rahs!” Twilight snapped.

“We know.” Cadence nodded.

“Rarity's in there too trying tah deal with them we need ta be ready to help.” Applejack protested.

“I can assure you that right now Rarity is probably the safest she's ever been. But you four are not.” Cadence frowned. “There's almost a hundred Diamond Dogs in that warren, what did you four think you would do?”

“A lot of damage.” Rainbow Dash grinned.

“Not likely.” Cadence shook her head. “While I don't doubt your skills, none of you are Guard and even the Guard would be hesitant to go into an unknown tunnel system that is the home turf of the enemy.”

The flap of wings drew the mares attention gain as Cadence looked back at the lone thestral that landed near her.

“The town is secure Princess. A unit of the 42nd is in position and the main force of the six sixty sixth is mobilizing.” The bat pony stated.

“I told him not to do that.” Cadence sighed.

“Given the situation Princess did you really think The Guard Captain would sit in Canterlot?” The bat pony offered.

“No , but we told him we would handle it Major Comet Trail. By the time he gets here this will be over.” Cadence sighed. “Please let him know that I was the one who said that and he is to continue his usual duties. Tell him I said it in my Princess tone too.”

“On your order Princess.” The ash furred pony nodded launching into the sky with barely a sound.

“Dang, do all Guards have such nice flanks or was it just that guy?” Dash whistled as the Guard flew away.

“I can still hear you....” The Guard called back as he flew off, making Dash turn red.

“Thestrals have good ears.” Cadence offered.” Now then, time to get you all back to town. Cadence's horn flashed and despite Twilight's protests the five of them were gone in a blink.

Author's Note:

And here we go . I'm drawing this out a bit more than i planned to but it's somewhat needed.

PreviousChapters Next