• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 5,384 Views, 38 Comments

Being A Good Dragon Is No Easy Task - sejox



Feeling amused at Rainbow dash words about Spike's "easy life" Discord propose an idea for the current birthday of the young dragon

  • ...
7
 38
 5,384

One-shot

It was a sunny afternoon in Ponyville, signal of the current season. Fillies and foals were traversing through and out of the village, playing and enjoying their summer vacation as best as they could; meanwhile, the adults were planning what to do for the summer. Some of them choose to travel, others decided to make big pool parties, the majority of the citizens decided to just stay and enjoy the peace, the sun…. and the usual funny shenanigans that the village has to offer every week.

Meanwhile in the south of the village, at the castle of friendship, the loud music and confetti explosion sounds signaled that no all the ones living in the village were busy thinking about what to do in the current season.

The reason for the apparent, and literal, celebration was because of a certain dragon’s birthday; Spike the local—and only—dragon living in Ponyville, was enjoying another birthday party with his friends.

There were few, but important creatures in the event: Princess Celestia and Luna who were gossiping about some noble white coated pony ruining a wedding. At the other side of the big hall Cadance and Shining armor stood sitting in a table, using it as a bed to be more precise, they were still exhausted after taking care of her daughter who got horsey hives a month ago. Those were the most regal and noble kind of the attendants. One could say that the number of bits and reputation that a normal or noble pony will need for this kind of guests would make the majority of the citizens of Canterlot envy.

Aside from the royal figures, there were Bigmac, Trixie Lulamoon, and the Cutie mark crusaders who were currently playing around with Discord and his unique kind of magic. Finally but not less important, there were the bearers of the elements and Starlight Glimmer chatting with the dragon of the party.

"Thanks for the party, Pinkie Pie," Spike compliment cheerfully, "and not inviting as many ponies as you usually do. My bones are still itching for all the work I did yesterday and I don't want to take care of the castle for a couple of days".

Starlight blushed, her eyes diverted from the sight of the dragon as she recalled the events of the previous day. "Sorry for that, I didn't expect that Trixie could create that amount of water with her magic..." she said while scratching the back of her head.

"Don't worry about it," Spike assured with the wave of a claw. "at least you helped me with the books – it would have taken me hours to dry them all by myself."

"I don't know why you didn't tell them to use one of the tests rooms of the castle," Twilight inquired.

"I was a little tired, the comic on my claws was the only thing I could be focused at that moment," Spike responded.

"Tired?" Rainbow Dash interrupted, "Sorry Spike, I know that taking care of the castle is a big deal but you have Twilight and Starlight to help you" She added, not noticing the concerned looks on her friend's faces "Besides, not many ponies go here every day, so after some days the cleaning should be easier, right?"

Starlight and Twilight failed to give a proper laugh, their eyes never focusing on their friends, "Yeah, we help him all the ti... agh," Twilight sighed and glanced at Spike with furrowed brows, "Who I'm kidding? Rainbow Dash, the truth is that Spike takes care of the entire castle. I should help him after finishing my own 'royal chores' but I just doze off to my books every time and..." Twilight blush got crimson red before she stopped."I'm sorry Spike..."

"Hey Twi, don't worry about it, it's fine, I'm used to this kind of work since we were little." Spike said before turning to Starlight "And I know you have to keep up with your spells and friendship discoveries too, Starlight, don't feel ashamed for not helping me from time to time."

Rainbow Dash furrowed her brows and crossed her fore hooves, "I still don't get it, every time I get here you are already done with all your chores, even those times in which I got here in the morning to return or get the new Daring Doo novels!" she signaled a hoof towards Spike, "Is seems to me that your job is actually really easy."

Unknown for the Rainbow maned pegasus, the head of a draconequus appeared alongside her own, "I don't know Rainbow, from my point of view, I think Spike has a really hard job to do every day" He said, making the young pegasus eyes go wide open once she realized where the voice was coming.

"Holly!" Rainbow exclaimed,"Discord, give me a break. Living all these years with Pinkie doesn't mean that I can stand against this kind of surprises."

"Sorry Rainbow, I was just playing with the little fillies over there until I heard someone talking dreadful words against my fella. I couldn't stand it, after all, he has a heavy load to hold each day," he said before a bear claw appeared from his left side. With a snap of his fingers, Seven Spikes, each one with a different color popped into existence, sitting on the real Spike elbows and head.

"Discord~" Spike said in a low threatening tone, "I told you to not speak about this with anyone."

"Look at them, they're so cute," Fluttershy moaned.

"I wouldn't say that if I were you," Discord commented to his friend before glaring at Spike with a smile, "Come on Spike, hear me out for a second: after I discovered this seven little hatchlings rambling inside your head, an idea popped in my mind: What if!?" He paused for a moment to take each one of the seven Spike's with her magic and hold them above his friends' heads.

"As a present for your birthday, I'll make these little ruffians live in another place for a day?" he asked while making his way out of Rainbow Dash's body, leaving the poor pegasus shuddering, she lasted some seconds in that state while her body tried to recompose itself from the feeling of an artificial part of herself being removed.

Twilight raised a hoof to stop the chattering between the pair of males in the group, "Wait a moment there, can someone explain to us what in Equus are you two talking about? What are those little Spikes exactly?"

Spike rubbed his temple and sighed. "Better grab a scroll then Twi... cuz I have a lot to explain," he responded, making Twilight previous frown turn into a smile before she disappeared in a puff of magic, just to appear a second later with a scroll and ink by her side.

"Those little me that Discord created are the manifestation of the seven dragons sins: Sloth, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, Envy, and..." he recited while pointing at each one of the previously named sins till his finger laid on the one above Twilight's head, "Greed".

Discord stepped in to add his part to the explanation. "Normally a dragon will fall for one of them at his younger age. Once that happens the winning sin will overpower rule among the others," Discord said while the manifestation dramatized his words, "in Spike's case whatsoever, he has been able to stay on the ground." the embodiment of chaos rotted Spike in the ground and made him wear a boxer costume. "Didn't know the little one was quite the fighter, most dragons will surrender at the fifth round against Greed, Wrath or Sloth".

"What can I say? I had a great coach, her only problem was her obsession with cakes," Spike said nonchalantly while shrugging before glancing at discord once again, "Now back to the deal, Discord, I appreciate your idea for a gift but I can't let my friends bear my problems, besides I don't think they could handle them" he pointed out.

Those last words triggered something inside the competitive soul of Rainbow Dash, her eyes started to shine like a burning ember.

"Here we go..." Applejack huffed at the moment she noticed her friend's fiery look and the meaning behind it.

"Hey squirt, what are you talking about? Do you think I can't handle one of yours littlier squirts?!" The athletic pegasus asked, her chest up and puffed as she posed.

"Rainbow, the correct word is littler," Twilight corrected.

"Dash, I'm being serious, these sins are a big deal and none of you should have them."

"Actually..." Starlight interrupted before Rainbow could bark at Spike's last comment,"I would not mind dealing with one of your sins for a day if it counts as a present, after all, I have been feeling bad since the beginning of the party because we can't give you anything on your special day."

Spike scratched his cheek, "Well, is nice to hear your worries but even still-"

"Come on Spike, how hard could it be to handle one of these little cuties," Rarity interrupted, purring at the yellow Spike above her.

"Even still," Spike tried to argue back but found himself interrupted by an assuring lilac hoof.

"Don't worry Spike, if you could handle all of them at the same time, then one of them for each of us should be easy, right?" Twilight assured him with soft words.

The young Drake scratched his non-existent beard for a moment in thought before he shrugged with a smile, "Well, not gonna lie, a day without worrying about those sins will be a perfect birthday present."

Discord smiled, "Is that a yes?" he asked, his finger already clenching against each other.

Spike nodded to Discord, oblivious to the troubles that his quick and reckless agreement will bring in the future.

A clone of Discord popped next to the original wearing a referee uniform, "Okay every pony, are you ready?!"

"Bring it on!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed while her stand changed to a more threatening pose.

"This can't be harder than take care of the farm on a rainy day after breaking your left hoof in an Applelossa pie baking competition"

"Uh! Uh!" Pinkie jumped in joy, "I'm so excited, I can finally give something to Spike on his birthday after so long!"

"I think I'm forgetting something for some reasons..." Twilight said in a low tone, her brows furrowed while she stood in thought.

"Uhm Discord, can I have the easier one to handle? if you can do me that favor of course," Fluttershy asked to his chaotic friend, who nodded in response before releasing the spell.

Those words also made Twilight and her assistant recall an important detail that needed to be settled before casting the spell: They didn't tell Discord what sin was better for each of them. It wouldn't make any difference either since Discord secretly wanted to make the picks as random as possible. With another snap of his fingers, the seven mares and the dragon blacked out. The draconequus soon left, leaving a joyful laugh as his trail.


Celestia and Luna were sitting beside their sleeping friends, it has been ten minutes since they felt to sleep in the middle of the room and Discord has left, releasing a scandalous burst of laughs before teleporting himself out of the castle. Shining Armor and Cadance weren't eager to get back to their castle after what they witnessed, but the royal sisters assured them to go back home and see how flurry heart was going while they stay and watch over the bearers and the young dragon.

Bigmac imposed himself the duty to escort Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to their houses. Trixie by her part went back to her place to store all the things she brought for the party, trusting in the royal sister words that they would take care of her friends.

After another half minute, there was finally a signal of hope for the regal sisters: Spike was starting to wake up from his slumber, grunts and whines came from the dazzled dragon that barely could process where he was laying.

"Uh... did Trixie tried to teleport me again?" Spike asked mild conscious, his mind slowly started to recap the events prior his fading while his eyes widened with every passing microsecond, "oh dear Celestia! I remember!"

"You called?" asked the princess of the sun jokingly. she noticed that Spike was in good shape so there was nothing to worry about.

"Huh? Not you- well yes I called you, but not like-" Spike rambled, the snickers of the princess made him huff in defeat, "you know what I mean."

"There, there, Spike, you know how my sister likes to keep everyone happy... Even when sometimes the only one laughing is her," Luna pointed out with a hint of anger, "are you gonna tell us what happened back there with Discord?"

"Eh?" he asked with furrowed brows and sleepy eyes, his mind was still fighting his way to fully wake up, "Oh! Yeah, right, he used his magic to release the seven dragon sins from within me and give each of my friends one of them for a day" he explained quickly, "the bad thing is that he didn't let us put each sin where it was less dangerous. I hope this ends up well, otherwise, this next twenty-four hours will be more a joke from him than an actual present." he explained before going to Rainbow’s side.

Rainbow was fidgeting and snorting loudly since Spike started rambling through his explanation, noticing this, the Drake jumped near her and tried to wake her up, but to no avail whatsoever, "Come on Rainbow Dash wake up, I need to know which sin you got!" he exclaimed while moving her left and right.

Luna concentrated for a moment in order to get into the cyan pegasus dream land, but only found a deep void in the process.

"Uhm, it seems like she isn't actually sleeping" the princess commented, much to Rainbow displeasure.

"Oh, com' on!" She whined, "just give me another five min... no, wait, make it 3 hours," she said between sleepy moans.

Spike rubbed his temple and sighed, "Great, from all the ponies that could get Sloth, it had to be Rainbow... ugh...".

"I don't see the problem with this sin" the cyan pegasus resting on the ground expressed with pleasure, "I told ya, you talk too much but in reality, your sins are easy to-"

"Rainbow Dash, if a special meeting with the whole group of veterans from the WonderColts was bound to happen in this exact moment, you will be willing to go?" Spike interrupted her.

"Ha! I would not move even if that happens, even if they are willing to tell all their awesome adventures from the past, or even-" Rainbow Dash stopped, her shocked face and wide eyes reflecting how scared she was of her own words, "what in the name of Equestria did I just say?"

Spike tried to keep himself cool, but seeing how hard realization hit Rainbow was too much for him "I told ya, this challenge was too much for you," he teased to the now amused pegasus before bursting into laughs, "That is Sloth Rainbow, and believe me, it just gets worse if you keep feeding it with more laziness, take my advice and go outside so you can spend some energy. or.. you can just stay there and surrender to-" Spike words were interrupted by a Rainbow colored trail of wind and dust.

"Yeah right, like I would get defeated by a mere dragon's challenge!" Rainbow Dash shouts echoed from outside of the hall.

Celestia approached the little drake with a concerned look, both her and her sister were worried about the repercussion that this scenario could bring.

"Spike, I don't think this is a good idea, even if each of your friends has only one sin they are not prepared to handle them," she said in a motherly tone.

"I know Princess, but I just couldn't say no to them after they looked so determined to give me this present,”he said sheepishly before composing himself, “I'll make sure to teach them how to handle them as best as I can" he assured, believing in his own capacity to handle the situation.

Luna and her sister exchanged concerned glances between them for a moment before their expression turned into a more pleased one, "Alright Spike" said Luna, "we trust in your words, but!" she raised her hoof, "If you find yourself in troubles, don't hesitate to give us a message, me or Tia will get here as soon as we can".

"Just remember to send the message to the one who is currently awake at the time, I still remember the last headache I got after a big scroll landed in my snout and made me fall from my bed," Celestia added before the royal duo departed from the room, leaving the young dragon and the six sleeping mares.


After another fifteen minutes the party pony, Pinkie Pie, was making signals of waking up. Her hair danced like a serpent in search for any disturbance while her body slowly made her way up. A loud yawn followed by a heartwarming smile stopped the weird antics of her own hair.

Once fully awake, she looked at her friends lying on the ground sleeping. "Wow, I didn't think this party could get this far" Pinkie exclaimed with some kind of pride in her words,"Maybe I overdid myself, or maybe someone spiked the punch on Spike's party... nah that would be silly, just Disc-" She gasped, "Oh, right! Discord he gave us Spike’s..." she looked at Spike, who was just approaching to her.

And then the hyperactive pony did something unkind to her: She stopped, bluntly, and forcefully, almost forgetting how to breathe in the process.

"Pinkie is everything alright?" Spike asked, "I need to know which sin did you got so I can teach you how to handle it," he explained while making his way towards the currently dazzled pony, the only thing that she moved was her eyes, who were fixated at the young dragon’s every move, "Equestria to Pinkie Pie?"

He waved a claw in front of her eyes before stepping forward once again. Now he was just beside her, Pinkie's eyes still lost in Spike's figure.

Discreetly, and oblivious to Spike, the pink earth pony was moving her tail around him. She wrapped her hoof and tail around his body in the glimpse of an eye, earning a little squeak from the young dragon’s mouth.

Once in her grasp, Pinkie Pie expression turned to a sly smile while her eyelashes batted at him seductively.

"uhm.. Pinkie, you are scaring me..." Spike said, his scales shading lighter by the second.

"Why is that my little Spikey?" she cooed, "I just want to ask you something, a little tiny question…” she got close to him and asked, ”Where is your juice?"

"My juice?" he asked, his body now trembling inside the pink pony grasp.

Pinkie got near to Spike’s face, their snout touching and rubbing against each other with each breath, "I want your white stuff, Spike."

"I need an adult!"

"You are an adult!" She refuted while roughly fondling him, "Now be a good dragon!" She got close to Spike's ear and hushed between warm breaths "And show Diane where do you store all your sweet thick cream."

Spike gulped a huge knot, his face was now turning crimson red by the second. 'Dear heavens, I have never been teased like this before' he thought.
"Okay Pinkie," he stuttered, failing to stop his body from trembling, "you are a beautiful mare and I really care about you, but I think we should slow things down. I'm pretty sure that you are dealing with Lust right now".

Pinkie Pie grunted, "Come on, stop fooling around and tell me where it is!?".

Spike started to shake, his thoughts filled with eagerness and embarrassment, "Well... you know, as a dragon I had a special set of scales made for..." he drifted for a moment while his fingers rubbed against each other.

"Come on, Spike!" she shouted again, "The kitchen! Where is the kitchen!? Mama Ponks needs food!"

Spike blinked a couple of times in utter shock, "Say what now?" he asked, attempting to keep his mind in reality as hard as he could, "Wait, you are just hungry then?"

"Of course!" she barked, "That is what I have been trying to tell you!"

Spike sighed in contempt, exhaling a big strip of smoke from his snout while his body temperature returned to its normal levels. He furrowed a brow to his friend and asked, "Then why are you looking me like that and acting like you were on estrus or something?!"

"You dummy, I always act like this when I'm super hungry! don't you remember the last time when I had to deliver the cake made by Mr and Mrs cake to the competition some years back?"

"I wasn't on that train with you that day," he pointed out before letting his body relax again, "Uff, I really thought you had Lust. At least gluttony is easier to handle."

"Gluttony? No no, I really have Lust, the one with Gluttony is AJ, look she is trying to eat the plates where we served the birthday cake," she corrected.

Spike stopped, unable to comprehend what was happening or what to think for a moment before he shrugged the antics of his hyperactive friend out of his thoughts, "Okay, Pinkie, look, I'm gonna go directly to the point, Lust feeds on joy and... well let's just focus on avoiding joy by now okay? As for now, I need you to-" he said before an azure magic aura enveloped him, "I don't like where this is going..."

In the blink of an eye, Spike found himself in the hoofs of her lifetime crush, Rarity, "Oh... hello there," Spike muttered with a crimson red blush.

"Hello, my dear Spikey-poo" she cooed in delight, "Sorry for my manners, a lady should be more subtle when approaching to a stallion, or in this case a dragon, but I couldn't stand the fact that someone else tried to tease you. After all, I'm the only one allowed to do so" the fashionista stated.

'Alright~' Spike recoiled a little from his friend, 'I'm really sure Rarity would never say something like that, she must have one of the strong sins... Greed, Envy or Anger...' Spike tried to concentrate for a moment but found it impossible after noticing a teal colored aura surrounding him, "Sweet Celestia, not again!"

Once again the young dragon was the victim of a teleportation spell who made him travel all the way to Starlight glimmer tight hug. As soon as he recomposed from the effects of the spell he tried to talk his way out of the grasp of the unicorn but found himself muted by the fluffy chest of Starlight.

"Mine!" Starlight shouted. She huffed and pouted as her hooves gripped the young dragon's body with more strength.

After some failed tries and a lot of effort, Spike got himself out of his fluffy confinement, "Great, the overpowered unicorn got Greed," he huffed, noticing that Fluttershy and Twilight were already awake, "Twilight can you help me out?" he asked before being tucked inside the fluffy chest again.

"Me? I don't know, Spike. Starlight is really powerful after all, right?" she told him with a hint of anger in her tone.

"Something I'm sure about magic is that the more unpredictable, the most dangerous it is, and Starlight is full of unpredictable magic,” he pointed out between muffled words, "That is why I consider her a powerful unicorn."

"Come on Spike, I don't think you need my help, after all, she graduated in way less time than I did, and she is pretty good with unique variations of magic, I'm sure she can handle your Greed," she explained before releasing a huff.

Spike recognized the true meaning of those words and expression almost instantly, "Wait..." but that meaning just made him more confused, "Twilight, do you have Envy?"

"Huh? yeah, I think so," she paused to take a look at Fluttershy, "It's a really bothersome sin, not like the one that Fluttershy has. I mean, I could manage Pride without even trying."

Spike did a double take to those last words, "Wait, Fluttershy has Pride?" the mentioned pegasus nodded, her face wearing a proud smile, "Well that is the easiest one."

Starlight started nuzzling the young drake in his grasp, stopping his line of words for a moment. After a couple of seconds, he managed to escape again, "At least Discord was true to his words when he promised that he will give you an easy one to handle."

Suddenly a threatening aura covered the whole hall. Spike brain quickly processed the missing and dangerous piece in the puzzle.

"Wait, then that means that Rarity has..." he trailed off, his words muted by the presence behind him.

"Starlight~" the fashionista sang in a tone that almost camouflaged the bloodthirsty atmosphere around her, "haven't I just said that no one but me can tease that young dragon?"

Starlight paid no mind to the threatening aura and tightened the hug, "I'm not teasing him" she stated, "Do you know how warm and comfortable are Spike's scales? Normally, I would try to get a hug from him more discreetly, but I don't care about it anymore."

Rarity left eyes started to twitch in a sickening way while her magic aura became stronger, her steady pace towards the duo just made Spike shudder, the warm of the hug slowly replaced by the cold killing intent inside the room.

"Rarity has Anger..." he muttered, knowing full well how powerful was the sin, and how easy was to get mad about the singles of things because of it.

"May God have mercy of our souls."


Some cat fight shenanigans later

While Twilight was taking care of the defeated pink unicorn and the everlasting hungry farmer, Fluttershy was helping with the cleaning of the benches, seats, tables and the trash and papers who got scattered around the place because of the storm of a fight between Anger and Greed.

Meanwhile, Rarity was holding Spike tenderly, her soft and slow breaths signaling that the fashionista was starting to make her way to the land of dreams. Spike by his part was still mild chocked for the fight that he just witnessed, while at the same time he was trying to understand the reason behind Rarity's anger towards somepony else taking him.

"Ugh..." Applejack whined, her ragged breath a signal of her tummy ache, "I drank all the cider a-and munched all the leftovers..." she groaned, "W-why am still hungry?" she ended with a burp.

"Gluttony." Twilight responded bluntly.

"Glue what? I don't understand you Twi, I don't feel sticky or gluishi."

"Gluttony is a sin focused on the hunger, Applejack." she described, dismissing her desire for correcting the last word that came from the farmer's mouth, "Seriously you all had sins less troublesome than mine... Well.." she trailed off, “Except for Rarity" she glanced at her assistant, "How is everything back there Spike?"

"I think she is finally sleeping," he yelled as quietly as he could.

"Spike, a lady should not be interrupted while she is trying to sleep," she reprimanded him.

"Twi, mind if you teleport me to her house so she can go rest in her room?" he asked even more quietly than before, Twi was only capable of hearing him because of her magic skills.

"Actually, Spike, I think all our friends should sleep in the castle today, just in case something happens," she recommended.

"I'm fine with that" interrupted Applejack, "I don't think I could contain myself if I got near the apples at the farm."

"I hope to not be a trouble for you Twilight, even though I'm the one who has behaved properly." Fluttershy complimented herself, "Ups... sorry, I forgot how Pride worked for a moment," she said sheepishly.

Spike got out of the grasp of the dozed off unicorn and proceeded to hold her bride style, "Then, I think it's settled, I'll take Rarity to one of the guest rooms."

"Such a gentledrake, always caring for the good sake of the beautiful ladies," she said to the young dragon, rewarding him with a little peck on his cheek. Spike by his part stood still for a moment the tender kiss made him feel like his polished scales were vibrating. His brain stopped working after trying to repeat the gesture of affection in an infinite loop.

"Can someone explain to me why is she acting like that?" asked Starlight, who just happen to be awake since Twilight proposition for sharing the castle for the night, "Seriously, it feels like a sick joke. I have been in this village for over a year and she only teases him, showing not a single signal of true love towards him, and just when I want him all for myself because of this stupid sin, she goes and takes him for herself".

Spike looked at the ceiling for a moment in thought before looking at his beaten up friend, "When Rarity goes on a bad strike of dates and gets depressed or angry... or both, she usually calls me to comfort her at the boutique," he explained, "even still, I don't know why she got so worked out for you hugging me."

"Yeah..." Starlight paused, "I'm sure it's just the sin making its way around the complex mind of a mare, so don't put your purple head in a struggle trying to figure that out.”

The young drake yawned and dismissed all further attempt to comprehend the meanings behind the fashionista previous antics, "Twi can you help me out and give the other the directions to the guest rooms? I'll go to my room after leaving Rarity on her own."

"Sure, is not a big deal, I just need to find out where Rainbow Dash is-” a huge snore coming from outside of the hall interrupted the young alicorn, "Forget it, I can pinpoint her now..."

"I hope that those snorts are recent because it is going to be a pain in the morning to wake her up if she lost the battle against Sloth."

Twilight sighed in exasperation, "Great, just great... the pegasus already known for her platonic relationship with her own bed got Sloth..." Twilight huffed, "And I'm still arguing like a little child for every little thing that I don't have."

"At least your pain is only in ya mind" Applejack commented between ragged breath "I'm fighting against my stomach aches,” she growled, "I'm still hungry even though I'm so full I could throw up like a foal who just survived his first rodeo".

Spike looked at the poor state of his friends, 'It had been just a couple of hours and they are already losing their minds,' he thought before waving a claw to his friends, "girls, I think this was a mistake after all. Tomorrow morning we'll tell Discord to put my sins where they belong," he proposed in a whispering tone.

The expression on his friends turned melancholic after hearing that.

"But, Spike, this was just a rough beginning-" Starlight said before being interrupted by an orange hoof.

"He is right, sugarcube, we promised to behave and be strong against his troubles and just look at us right now."

"I think we pushed this without thinking before hoof... and also" Twilight glanced at the young drake, "we took for granted that Spike's sins were easy to handle... I'm sorry Spike"

"Me too" added Fluttershy, "Even though I have the weakest sin, here I am, trying my hardest to not let my ego go to the surface... Even still I'm doing a really good job" she commented before shutting her mouth, "sorry" she said with a blush on her face.

"What if we try this the next year?" Starlight proposed, "That way, we will have enough time to prepare".

"That sounds like a good plan, even still, I'm not the one that decides," Twilight said, her left eyelid fidgeting while she tried to hold back any kind of thought who resembled envy, "What do you say Spike?".

"Well..." he paused, "It has been some rough hours that's for sure, but I have to admit that I've never felt so relaxed in my life. So, I think is a good idea to give it a go next year" he exclaimed joyfully, "Ups.. sorry Rarity"

The fashionista grumbled some incompressible words before going back to sleep.

Spike turned around and started moving towards the door at the center of the hall, "For now, let's go to sleep. Discord will take care of this in the morning," he said before opening the door, "I'll put Rarity in one of the rooms from this wing of the castle so she doesn't get disturbed by Rainbow’s snores. Have a good night everypony."

"You too Spike!" the mares chirped while taking their way to their rooms.


Spike made her way inside his room, the dim light of the shining moon provided a tantalizing feeling that brought comfiness to Spike’s mind. He moved towards his bed, thinking about all the things that happened in the lapse of a few hours.

'I have to admit, it was hilarious at some point, and the laughs I'm gonna get when I tease Rainbow Dash about it in the future are gonna make it even more worth.

The young and exhausted dragon smiled, his body finally inches away to the soothing warm on his own bed.

'I can't blame them for losing against the sins though, after all, Discord was the one who randomized the sins out... or at least I want to think they were thrown randomly and that this wasn't a joke from him since the beginning.

Spike patted his pillow before making himself comfortable in his warm bed, 'Next time I'll be sure to handle the proper sin for each one of them. Twilight or Applejack are humble enough to control pride,' he started to drift off to sleep while thinking, 'Fluttershy is a kind and reasonable mare, so Anger should be easy for her after some preparation. Rarity and Greed are the complete opposite, that is an easy one. Now that would leave Sloth and Lu...'

Spike's eyes went wide as the realization hit him.

'Where... is... Pinkie Pie?' he rubbed his head slowly against the pillow, 'And why is my bed so warm? And my pillow so...'

From inside Spike's pillow, a hyperactive pink mare made her way to the surface, capturing the bewildered young drake in her grasp in the blink of an eye.

"Hello Spikey~" chirped Pinkie Pie in a seductive tone, her hoofs traced smoothly against the drake body until she reached his butt cheeks, "seems like some dragon is really dedicated to the art of polishing scales" she complimented.

"Hey... Pinkie, I almost forgot about you..." Spike stuttered, "Did you get to eat something? you are not going to rape me right?"

The pink pony nuzzled his snout with Spike's one, "Yes, I cooked something up for my tummy ache, but... now there is another kind of ache in my body..." she trailed off while her left hoof traced circles around Spike’s chest, "Maybe you will be able to scratch the aching out with the help of your dragon stamina."

"You didn't answer my second question."

"I think you already know the answer."

Spike found himself incapable of properly thinking, his slitted eyes turned into curved points the size of a pin cushion, while his brain tried to figure out a way out of the possessed mare grasp, "I need an immortal adult!"

"You are an immortal adult!" she refuted with a sick smile, "now give Ponks some love!"

Spike used the little micro seconds he had before Pinkie could launch to him to escape, his current speed made a trail of purple dust follow his trace, "I MEANT DISCORD!" he shouted in his way through the main room, "TWILIGHT, FORGET WAITING FOR TOMORROW, CALL DISCORD ASAP, PINKIE PIE LOST THE BATTLE AGAINST LUST AND SHE IS BEHIND MY TAIL!" he exclaimed in terror.

From the other side of the hall, Starlight was making her way outside of the bathroom, with a cup and her Spike like toothbrush at her hold. She whined at the feeling of Spike’s shouts rambling against the walls of the castle, her pain suddenly dismissed when she laid her eyes upon the afford mentioned dragon.

“Spike? Spike don't worry, I’ll save you!” she exclaimed with a disturbed smile, “Just get to me and I’ll make sure that no one else get’s you” she stated between ragged hot breaths, her hoofs open to receive the dragon in front of her.

“STARLIGHT LOST IT AGAIN, TWILIGHT!” Spike shouted again before jumping above Starlight death-gripping hooves, noticing soon after a familiar and threatening aura surrounding the whole castle, “TWILIGHT! RARITY IS AWAKE, HEAR ME OUT AND CALL DISCORD AT THIS MOMENT” he pleaded while running his way through the castle.


From the distance, a figure holding magic binoculars, and a bowl full of popcorn, was watching. Sitting at the top of a mountain. The figure was on the verge of fainting for the laughs he was having, so as a countermeasure, he cloned himself so the other one could still laugh after the original fainted.

"I tell you, Discord, you give the best presents," the clone complimented.

"And you always find the way to make a party more joyful," a cheerful regal voice added, making the embodiment of chaos stop their laughs and focus at the princess of the sun who was by their side.

"What? did you thought I didn't know your true intentions?" she snickered, "I was here since the beginning, but my stealth magic can’t last forever, besides I was starting to get hungry," she explained "Now give me some popcorn, I want to see a little more of this before Twilight wakes up and you have to enter the scene."

Discord smiled and popped into existence another bowl, "It will be a pleasure, my partner in crime," he greeted before the duo returned to see the charades that were happening inside the castle.

Comments ( 37 )

8259773
It was a countermeasure against Pinkie's talk

This fic is full of disappointment.

8259814
Well, spike's face on the cover can't argue against your comment. mind to being more precise? I would like to know why it disappointed you :pinkiesad2:

Maybe I was too harsh, but like bonez said, this really doesn't need mature tag, and description not helping either

8259858
mmm, then I'll change the rate. The synopsis by the other hand could take me some time to improve if I decide to change it.

So,
Rainbow Dash, the pony that loves to nap, received Sloth;
Pinkie Pie, the hyperactive party pony, received Lust;
Applejack, the fit hard-working farmer, received Gluttony;
Twilight Sparkle, the modest and neurotic, got Envy;
Fluttershy, the timid pegasus; received Pride;
Starlight Glimmer, the most powerful unicorn in Equestria; has Greed;
and Rarity, the drama queen, acquires Anger.

Is anyone as worried as I am right now?

Were there grammatical mistakes? Yes. Was some of the dialogue mildly awkward and worth improving? Yes. Was it overall funny and enjoyable?

YES!

8260278
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed it. English is not my first language so I'm using the fan fics as a method to improve my grammar little by little (and also to release some of the ideas that creep inside my mind from time to time)

Ever saw Trinity Seven?

8260328
i watched three episodes of the anime. I lost the track after uni and work got the best of me.

Nice start... I want to see it devolve ^^
Seriously though, that was hilarious. Part of me wishes for a part two, but it's a good stopping point and hilarious story nonetheless.

This needs a continuation!!
You can't set this up and just finish like that!
This has so much potential!!

8260179 Would you feel better if..........Pinkamena Diane Pie gets anger.............while making cupcakes with a knife?
Rarity gets Gluttony
Fluttershy gets Lust
Twilight Sparkle gets Greed
AppleJack gets Sloth
Starlight Glimmer gets Envy
Rainbow Dash gets Pride

8262106
at first, I wanted to give lust to Fluttershy, but then I recalled that discord was her best friend, making it unkind to him to toss a dangerous sin inside her.

BTW, everyone knows that giving Anger to Diane it's a bad idea :pinkiecrazy:

Great chapter. Anger is Wrath
Pride, Greed Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth and Wrath

8262318
and I thought something was missing while writing the sins out. thanks :twilightsmile:

This was good, but could have been better with some grammar corrections and editing. :moustache:7/10!

8263788
I'll do my best to improve in the future :yay:

8264376
No problem. If your going to continue, may want to look for an editor. Sometimes we are our own worse enemy.:moustache:

P.S. Love the picks for the Sins. Especially, Pinkie and Starlight.:trollestia:

My friends and I did a rather silly skype call reading of this story, and although it's unpolished, it amused us greatly.

8294120
Glad to hear you both enjoyed it :pinkiehappy:.

Also, I have some free time on my schedule, I would use that time to correct some things here on my own before asking for the help of an editor.

Feels incomplete.

I enjoyed this, it sounds like an interesting premise, would probably work well in a full story instead of a one-shot if done right. Well done Mr/Mrs Sejox, well done.

8381452

8355260

8379686

I will try to make something greater from this in the future. But to be honest, this started as a silly idea that grew into something bigger enough to change into an interesting one. Since I'm already making a series I saw more fit to make a one shot comedy out of it to peace my mind out for the meantime.

"You didn't answer my second question."

"I think you already know the answer."

As soon as I read this bit, I thought Spike's mind must be saying 'Oh no!' in the same was as TFS Vegeta did when Super Android 13 grabbed him.

8450079
Lol good choice. I was thinking in the "oh nonononono!" from that episode of family guy in which The clebeland's house is falling appart while he takes a shower

"Yeah right, like I would get defeated by a mere dragon's challenge!" Rainbow Dash shouts echoed from outside of the hall.

Yeah it’s not like a dragon suck as spike could kill you anytime he wants but hey whatever

8462269
that comment of yours made me recall the stories of old in which normal people lived among mighty creatures. Like the hypogrif, or the trents for example. depending on the story humans will live peacefully around them even though those creatures could kill'em with a single swipe of their "hands".

HAHAHAHAHA!

Fucking brilliant.

8484006
Senpai has enjoyed my work.

Today has been a good day.:moustache:

8484036
Amma stalk ya now.:moustache:

Great, trust a god to buck everything up. I loved this story, I feel like it needs another chapter, and more prideful Flutters. I like Pride is the more dangerous of the sins, since everyone has it but that's just me. Very great chapter, loved it.

OK. I demand a sequel!!! In which Starlight reveals her feelings towards Spike.

Login or register to comment