• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 4,708 Views, 217 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - OutOfTheBlue



How do you stay strong when your interrogators are this adorable!

  • ...
13
 217
 4,708

Chapter 8

Dawn shone through the blinds of the room me and Doc had slept in to reveal a, honestly, pretty pathetic sight. Doc apparently was trying to become a backpack, but had wrapped herself around my front rather than my back. I on the other hand, was basically spooning her with my face buried in her mane. I groggily opened my eyes and yawned widely, getting a mouthful of mane in the process. I spat out the offending fluff before attempting to stretch, and failing due to my fuzzy parasite. I groaned and started wiggling out of her grip, only for her to curl around my face. Great, now I have a fuzzy facehugger rather than a chest...hugger? I'll work on it.

"Dooooooc, ge offf mah fwafce."

Apparently her stomach was so good at muffling noises she didn't hear me. I managed to free my arms and started pulling her off. With an, I kid you not, audible "pop" she was off my face. She feebly flailed her hooves.

"Nooooooooo, I wanna sleep."

"You were sleeping on my face."

"Your face is comfy and warm and I wanna sleep."

"Doc, we got stuff to do today. I think."

"It's for science!"

"No it's not, I'm not even going to pretend I'm convinced."

She groaned before rolling off the bed with a flop and dragging herself to the coffee maker in the kitchenette. I got up and put my shirt back on, making a mental note to ask about getting it cleaned. A mug of coffee was pushed onto the table until it was on the side next to me. I grunted my thanks before drinking the dark, bitter elixir. It was black, just the way I like it.

"That's the good stuff. Thanks Doc."

She yawned in reply and started eating some cereal. I decided now was a perfect time to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom and, after closing the door, removed my clothes. I put my dirty underwear aside and pulled the clean pair out of my pocket. They both were discolored from the soap I had been forced to wash them with, which was why I hadn't washed my shirt with it. Given the shower was pony sized, I had to squat down in order to be under the shower head. After I was clean I got dressed and grabbed some breakfast.

I was just brushing my teeth when the knocking started. Doc opened the door and a panicked guard shouted,

"You two, come with me, now!"

Me and Doc exchanged looks before running after him. Doc turned to me,

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know, it could be the Union attacking, or it could be a flood. Heck, it could be aliens invading for all I know!"

We kept running until we were out on a balcony with many other guards and the two pains in my badonkadonks themselves, the princesses. Celestia turned to me and gestured to the horizon.

"What in Equestria are they doing!?! Are they attacking us!"

I looked and saw the massive transport ship lifting into the sky from behind a mountain. Ooooooooh, so there's where they were. I looked back at Celestia as I noticed the position they were in.

"Um... judging by the trajectory, they're--"

*BOOOOOOOM*

With an explosive sound and a flash of light, the ship flew into the sky, leaving a white ring of dispersing moisture where they had been.

"Retreating!?"

She looked at me in confusion as her sister trotted over.

"W-what? Why would they? Is it a trap?"

"Nope, never heard of this happening before. I think they decided it wasn't worth the recourses they were spending. Classic profit and loss decision making."

"Then, then... THE WAR IS OVER!"

All the ponies cheered, which I then joined in on. Everyone was hugging and laughing before cheers rang out from the town. Celestia walked further out onto the balcony where a podium was located. She light up her horn and her voice could be heard loud and clear.

"PONIES OF EQUESTRIA! THE HUMANS ARE GONE! SPREAD THE WORD THAT THE WAR IS OVER!"

This prompted more cheers and hugs and more than a few kisses. I was just teaching the guards how to high-five when ole' Moon Moon said to her sister, who had by now returned to our little party,

"Sister, what shall we do with this one? Should I dispose of it?"

I came to a screeching halt and turned to look at the two sisters. Bluey was glaring at me, still obviously in hate with me. (Get it, instead of in love, I said in hate, it's a play on words! Clever right? Right!?) Celestia paused before growing thoughtful. Yup, Jack gonna die tonight.

"I suppose given how uncooperative he was...."

JACK GONNA DIE TONIGHT!

"And if my little ponies were to see him they would panic...."

GONNA DIE!

"But, he has been cordial. So I suppose...."

JACK GONNA HAVE HIS INTESTINES PULLED OUT HIS BUTT AND TIED INTO A KNOT!

"Jack, you are hereby placed under permanent house arrest. You will remain in custody until further notice. You will have what my sister and I deem necessary, but not allowed to leave. Guards, please escort him to the top room of the west tower."

Huh, not sure how I feel about that.

<<To Be Continued>>

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, this was going to be one longer story, but I figured I'd split it into two parts. Kinda symbolize the two phases of Jack's life. The sequel is already made, and just needs to be submitted. Also, I thought of a snappy title for it. Also also, if any of you are good at drawing or art stuff, if you are so inclined I would like to have a cover photo for this story and the sequel. I would do it, but I suck at art. Again, this is an "If you really want to do this I would be super happy and grateful and then would guve you a shoutout and possibly put you in the sequel if you really wanted to for some reason" situation. Welp, see you soon!

Comments ( 63 )

Huh. So, this is gonna be interesting. I was curious when I saw that this was completed.

Well, I already have an idea for a sequel title.

"Resistance is STILL Futile"

8145409 Good idea, but I made mine full of foreshadowing. But that does sound like something I'd do.

This was kinda good. My only gripe was that it didn't really feel like a war at all, as we didn't really see much of how the Equestrians won, or anything like that, or even why they took only 1 prisoner.
I would certainly be interested to see where the next part goes.

Shit, i'm early
Gotta think of a funny joke
This chapter's shorter than my dick

I found the ending short, and meh.
On another note, he is basically in a guilded cage. Do you think Rarity would make him another set of clothes.

8145418 My thought was that to Equestria, a land that has very little experience with war, it would be a war. But, to the Union, it's just a short mission. All a matter of perspective. And in regards to details about the war, I intend to adress them later.

8145423 Intentional given I split the chapter in half half.

8145438 It was more a transition than an ending. And about your gilded cage comment, yup.

8145476 i know, i read the AN, as i like to know what the author is thinking senpai buddy. Also as a side note, half half is my new fav saying



Wait, this makes me kinda sound like a dick.
What i mean is great work, keep it up.

Also insert witty joke here

8145516 Nope, just makes you sound like you. I don't care about wording, content and how that can be used to improve my writing is all I care about. Also... I'm apparently senpai material now? Don't know whether to be honored or laugh because I am literally a potato.

8145519 hey, youre the first author that actually has responded to one of my comments.
Also dont call yourself a potato, it doesn't help with being a better Person Pony Carbon based lifeform Entity

8145545 All my commenters are special to me and I love reading what you have to say. Also, I'm a sad, fat dragon with no friends. If you're going to refer to me as an entity at least use the correct pronoun. (Good natured sarcasm intensifies.)

8145549
I don''\'\\\'t coequal essentially mostly f'r all intents and purposes knoweth how to f'r all intents and purposes basically respondeth to yond in a quaint big way in a gen'rally very much big way, which did light'rally is quite significant
* Intense intensifies to an intensest level of intense intensity of an intense degree*



i expanded the text 3 times then translated into shakesperian

8145567 Yon goodman, forsake thine prattling and acquiesce to join me in this most indutibly gratifying endeavor. Our dissertation hath merits of Herculien proportions. Verily, let us cut the Gordian knot as I cease mine inane prattling in favor of conceiving and jotting down the infrastructure of the latest instalment in mine duo of stories. Verily, I must continue refining the raw substance that is my story in order to give it the zest it needs. Twould not do for it to be half baked and pestilent. (Intensity intensifies past the intense intensity intensified by your earlier intense intensity.)


What am I doing with my life.

8145585 i can't backtranslate that so i have no clue what you're saying


* intense intensifies to the intensity of the intense intenseness of the intense heat of the intense sun*

8145615 I'm going to shut up and start writing.

The fluff and the comedy is gold i Love it!

8145615 my good entity. shtaap the sillyness and join me in my glorious pursuit. our chart had an h3erculean value (a lot), so let's end this as I focus on preparing and expanding the second part on my couple of stories. noww I need to work on refining the story, to make it as good as it needs to be. After all, we wouldn't want it to be half baked and stink...

need more... must have more... feel heart...stopping...

With an, I kid you not, audible "pop" she was off my face. She feebly flailed her hooves.
"Nooooooooo, I wanna sleep."
"You were sleeping on my face."
"Your face is comfy and warm and I wanna sleep."
"Doc, we got stuff to do today. I think."
"It's for science!"
"No it's not, I'm not even going to pretend I'm convinced."

THAT IS SO ME! Admitting that the girls aren't doing good enough XD..... may THATS why I don't have a girlfriend?

"I don't know, it could be the Union attacking, or it could be a flood. Heck, it could be aliens invading for all I know!"

Idiots, it none of the above.... I ordered the Wehrmacht to attack you guys, in defense of my Convoy

8145741 And more you shall have.

8146184 HEY! That's what Princess Celestia Just Said! LOL
She sees a Fleet of Ju 89's, and sez: "Awwwww Crrraaaaaaap.......... WHY DID I EAT HIS SANDWICH?!", Idiot Celestia STOLE MY sandwich!

This story was awesome. Anything else that needs to be said others have said before me.

8146196 The horror! It all makes sense now. She stole a sandwich from the Union.

8146198 I'm glad you're like it!

8146258 IM NOT PART OF THE SOVIET UNION!!!! WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT XD

8147100 Who else has sandvich?

8147311 But why not? Heavy is my spirit animal.

8147340 LOL
you drink the nectar and a big guy with Bullet Belts strapped all over his body appears right in front of you XD

8148276 *GASP* ITS BEUTIFUL!!!!!

8148039 Guide my path Heavy! Help me to write good jokes!

8148233 This picture is beautiful and I love it.

"Jack, you are hereby placed under permanent house arrest. You will remain in a room I shall provide for the rest of your days. Guards, bring him to the west wing."

Okay that was werid.

8219333
Yeah, this chapter was originally going to be longer but I started having computer problems, and internet connection problems, and then I just quickly typed this up and forgot to fix it later. I need to fix it though so thanks for pointing it out to me. It just sounds awkward.

8236228
I was planning on addressing that, but felt it might detract from the story as a whole.

Wait a second, wait second! Let's see, me here, them there, they left... me still here with the herd... which is led by a bitch who is too stupid to understand pyscological trauma...

Fuck me, I'm gonna go see if I can't get my gun back and blast my head open. Fuck this place, fuck these ponies, fuck I'm gonna to kill myself (and maybe a few others) and do you know why?!

Because I ain't going vegan!

8244253
Once again... I love reading through your comments.

8247147
It'll probably be worth it...

Login or register to comment