• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 4,706 Views, 217 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - OutOfTheBlue



How do you stay strong when your interrogators are this adorable!

  • ...
13
 217
 4,706

Chapter 7

"Wow, it's a lot thicker than I thought it would be!"

"Yup, pretty thick."

"The shape of the tip is so odd. Why does it look like that?"

"It just does. It works fine either way."

"Mind if I... you know... touch it?"

"Knock yourself--"

Orchid slammed the door open.

"WHAT IN TARTARUS ARE YOU DOING!?!"

Me and Doc looked up at her. Doc looked back at the x-ray sitting on the viewing light that showed my hand as she gently started prodding my fingers.

"I was observing the bone structure in his, as he calls them, hands. You would think they would have some sort of protective shell or something to keep the bone safe, but the tissue around it is surprisingly thin."

Orchid blushed and made a small "oh."

"What did you think we were doing Orchid?"

I had to admit, I was pretty confused as to why she just barged in here. Before she could reply, guard came barreling through the door.

"Quick, all guards are needed in the dungeon immediately!"

Orchid whirled around to face him.

"What's going on, are we under attack?"

"There was a misfire in the Experimental Spells Department and all the mannequins used to hold armor have come to life and barricaded themselves in the dungeon."

He looked at me before saying,

"Prisoner, until the dungeon is reclaimed you will be staying with Dr. Carefull Observer. If you cause trouble, you will regret it."

I waved him off.

"Yeah yeah, I know the drill. Don't worry, I'll be a good little human."

He nodded before he and Orchid galloped off. I shook my head and said to Doc,

"Well Doc, looks like it's just you and me."

I felt a slight tug on the back of my shirt. Speaking of shirt, I really needed to ask if they could wash it. It wasn't too bad now, but in a few days it would be rank.

"Why do you insist on wearing this and those leg covering? Aren't they uncomfortable?"

I shrugged,

"I don't have fur, so not having a shirt on makes me feel awkward. Same with pants, if I don't wear them, everything's just out in the open."

She started scribbling in her notebook before gently pulling my head down towards her.

"So you only have a mane, no fur coat or tail"

"Yup."

"How do you keep warm in winter?"

"Thicker clothes."

"Fascinating."

A knock sounded at the door, and before either of us could answer it, Princess Celestia stepped into the room.

"I'm sorry about all the fuss earlier and the entire situation with the dungeon. I hope Dr. Carefull Observer has been hospitable and polite."

"Yeah, she's been acting fine."

"Glad to hear it. Now then, I have a few questions for you. Please, take a seat."

We sat down, and she immediately asked,

"Where is the army located."

"..."

"Where are they!"

"..."

"What are they waiting for? A few days ago they stopped attacking and have been hiding, what is your plan."

That genuinely surprised me. I'd never heard of an invasion halting for anything, especially when it was going well, I think. I frowned, trying to puzzle my puzzling puzzler into a puzzled puzzle rather than a puzzling puzzle for me to puzzle. Okay, I need to stop now. I regained focus as she asked again, trying to squeeze nonexistent information out of me. She obviously thought I was lying the other day. This was going to be a long session.

(Four hours later.)

I was ready to start spewing random bull just to make her stop. She kept asking, and asking, and asking! Did she ever get tired? Need food or water? What was she?!? She finally looked at the clock and then gave me that usuall smile.

"I'm afraid I have duties to attend to, we'll pick this up tomorrow."

And with that, she was gone. I flopped onto my back and let out a groan. Doc trotted over and gave me a confused look.

"I still don't understand why you just won't tell her. This war is so horrible that I thought you'd want to stop it?"

"It's not that simple. I don't know what she keeps asking, but she doesn't believe me. It's a lose-lose situation."

"Well, it's late, shall we turn in for the night?"

"Yeah, why not."

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and removed my shirt before climbing into the bed she had pointed me towards. It was much more comfortable than my usual dungeon bed, and was much bigger. I looked around the inside of the room. The clinic part was attached to some sort of spacious office that Doc used for work. There were notes everywhere, as well as some experimental pills Doc was developing for my dietary needs. Doc must have gone to her personal bedroom and left me in the office.

I got comfortable before I heard hoofsteps approaching the bed, and then suddenly, Doc herself was lying beside me.

"Uh, Doc?"

"Yes Jack?"

"Aren't you going to sleep in your bedroom?"

"Where do you think we are?"

That made me pause. I shrugged, realizing it really didn't matter.

"Uh, Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we do something I want to do?"

"Uhhhh, I guess? Depends on what it is."

She snuggled up against me and rested her head on my chest.

"I'd always heard sleeping next to somepony is more comfortable than sleeping alone, I guess they were right. This is very comfortable."

I nodded as I cuddled the bundle of fur and adorableness. While Orchid was lean and muscular, Doc was a bit more chubby, making her super soft and squeezable. She wasn't fat, just more... squooshy than Orchid. Honestly, it was kinda nice. Her chubby widdle cheeks were so pet-able that I found myself returning the nuzzles she gave me. I mean, come on, can you blame me? Hey, I don't judge you for what you do at night, you can just leave me alone.

Rather than sleep, we just lay there, cuddling. It was a nice change of pace after the hectic and exasperating afternoon I had. What better way to end your day than cuddles with a cute pone. I yawned before burying my face in her soft mane. Curiously, it smelled just like snickerdoodles. I hadn't had one of those since was I reassigned to a different city than my parents. I breathed in, savoring the nostalgic smell, and drifted off to sleep.

--------------------

I woke up to find the world had gone dark, and this darkness was very soft. I groaned before pushing myself up a bit. Somehow, during the middle of the night, Doc and I had shifted enough thar my head was resting on her fluffy belly, and she was cuddling my arm. Her face was pressed against my hand and as I watched, she started laughing in her sleep.

"Oh stop it, you know we can't, we... we... *yawn* can't get caught."

She paused for a while before she started gently kissing my hand. It was pretty adorable and tickled a bit, so I let it be. But, as time went on, her kisses got more... passionate. As did the noises she made. After a while, I was trying to pry apart her death grip while she licked my fingers, which is pretty hard to do simultaneously. Eventually, she woke up and realized what she was doing.

"Can we keep this a secret?"

"You took the words out of my mouth Doc, words out of my mouth."

Author's Note:

Hey, like, comment, follow, don't, do, eat cake, whatever. Just... do something.