• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 4,706 Views, 217 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - OutOfTheBlue



How do you stay strong when your interrogators are this adorable!

  • ...
13
 217
 4,706

Chapter 5

I sat in a comfortable yet still small couch in some office or something as I waited. I was back with the good ol' doc for a bit before I was going to be questioned again. Like that would do anything, if I admit that I don't know squat I'm done for. She might be nice to her ponies, but there was no way Princess Celestia would keep me around after learning that. My reverie was broken by the door opening and the cutest doctor I know came trotting in. She gave me a smile and sat down in the chair that faced my couch. She adjusted her seat and held a clipboard out to the side as she read it. I noticed she didn't have her hair-I mean, mane, up today. Honestly, the bun made her more adorable than just normal mane, but I wasn't just going to randomly say that.

"Are you ready Jack? Today I will be observing you as an organism rather than ask about you personally."

I nodded.

"Now before we begin, one question. Do you like my mane like this?"

I paused as I thought about it. This could be a trap, or she could be curious. Or... it could be some sick, twisted psyche test or something. Well... honesty is the best policy so....

"I prefer it when you have it in a bun. It makes you look cute."

She blushed before picking a bobby pin up in her mouth and walking over to me. She moved the pin to her hoof (wait... how do they hold stuff in their hooves like that?) before saying.

"Well, then can you hold it for me while I put it up?"

"Sure, just tell me what to do."

It started with her on the floor, but apparently something kept going wrong until she was sitting in my lap with her chin on my shoulder.

"Now just hold it there, aaaaaand... no, it's not right. How about you...."

She paused before grabbing my arms and wrapping them around her torso and under her forelegs so that my hands were resting on her back.

"There, that works better, don't you think?"

"Uh... yes?"

She wiggled around a bit until her muzzle was pressed up against my nose. Now, I might not be the smartest bulb in the knife drawer, but even I knew something was up.

"Should we start the examination now? I think they also wanted to question me today."

She sighed before mumbling "spoil-sport" and sitting down. She deftly put her mane up and placed the bobby pin in before pulling back out her checklist. She read it over before smiling at me again.

"So first up I need some blood to study, then some hair, a skin sample, and then I need to look into your nutritional needs in order to avoid malnutrition. Ready?"

I sat there trying to process it all given how fast she spoke before shrugging.

"Sure."

She walked over to a small drawer and pulled out... I inhaled and went stiff as a board. In her mouth was a massive syringe. I started panicking, not the run around screaming panicking, but the "I can't move because I'm so scared please help." She must have noticed the look of abject terror on my face because she stopped and said in concerned yet muffled voice,

"Whafs wong?"

I didn't answer, my eyes were wide open and locked on the syringe. She looked from my eyes and then to the syringe a few times before setting it on the desk beside the couch. She couldn't fool me, nothing good ever came out of one of those things.

"Are you scared of the needle?"

Scared did not cover it. I had had those things stuck into me before and it was not fun.

"I'll take that as a yes."

She held a hoof to her chin in thought before sitting on the couch next to me.

"I had psychology classes in high school. If you've had a scary experience with needles you should tell me. If you keep it all bottled up you get like a brain disorder or something."

"I'm not sure this is something you want to hear."

She scooted over and leaned her head onto my shoulder.

"C'mon, just tell me. You can hug me if you get too emotional. I'm a good snuggler."

"Alright... well, you already know that I was forced into the army, well that's not the only thing they could do. Sometimes they used random people as test subjects for chemicals and stuff like that. Well, one time--

--------------------

I staggered as I was shoved into the steril, white room. I was immediately shoved into a chair and had restraints locked into place around my wrists and ankles. A bored looking scientist approached and said,

"Please remain calm while I begin the test. At the end, tell us how you feel.

"O-okay."

"Be quiet! Now, administer compound 321-E."

I squirmed as a needle was jabbed into my arm. At first I didn't feel anything but soon a burning sensation filled my veins like hot lead. I screamed,

"GYAAAAAAAAH! PLEASE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOOOOOOP!"

"Subject appears to be in pain. Compound working perfectly so far. Now to measure the aftereffects in order to determine its effectiveness as a torture implement."

I lasted about three minutes of unimaginable agony before blacking out, blood pouring out of my mangled mouth and throat from screaming.

-----------------------

I sat there shaking from the force of the memories dredged up by my little "therapy session." Carefull Observer had moved until my head was resting on her soft chest as she ran a hoof through my hair and made quiet shushing noises. She was teary-eyed as she tried to comfort me.

"How, how did you manage to deal with that?! If, if I went through that I would be so angry and miserable, but you're so nice and sweet. How do you do it?"

"Nothing I do matters. I can either dwell on it and be miserable, or I can try to be happy."

She nodded before saying,

"Well then, if you want we can skip the blood test and--"

"No. I need to get over this. Although afterwards, you owe me some snuggles. I'm going to hug the heck out of your soft, fluffy face if you want my blood."

She blushed before picking the syringe back up. She gently took my arm and held it while she carefully slid the needle in. I closed my eyes and focused on how cuddly she was. Don't think about the tube of metal now stuck into you, just ponies, only think about ponies. Soft, cute ponies and hugging ponies and--

"And done. See, I told you talking about it would help! Now then, I owe you some snuggles!"

She pounced on me before worming her way under my shirt until her muzzle was lying on my neck and she had basically wrapped herself around me.

"You were a bit too eager for this."

"Well, I have to study you, I figure this is as good a way as any!"

"You're not fooling anyone."

-------------------------

I was back in my interrogation room, my home away from home. Princess Celestia was sitting across from me with her sister in the corner.

"Now then, just make this simple and tell me where the army is."

"No."

"I'd rather not use drastic measures. Just start talking."

"No."

"One last chance."

"No."

She sighed before nodding to her sister old moon butt herself (what, she hadn't introduced herself and she had a moon tat on her bahookie. She was just waiting for it.) she came back in with... Orchid? Oh no, they were going to torture her to get back at me!

"Wait! Don't do this!"

"I'm sorry Jack, but you've forced my hoof."

Orchid walked up to me and said,

"Where are they?"

"What?"

"Where are the humans, tell me."

"No! You know I can't Orchid!"

"Jack, I don't want to have to do this."

"I'm confused, I thought they were going to torture you to make me talk?"

Princess Celestia shot me an exasperated look,

"Why do you always assume I'm going to torture you or harm you in some way?"

"Uh... personal experience?"

Orchid grabbed my face and turned it towards me. She stared me straight in the eye before tilting her head and pouting.

"Pweees Jack, pweeees tell me whewre they awre."

Heart stop, check. Resolve melt, check. Desire to cuddle, check. Princess Celestia smiled before saying,

"Check mate Jack. Now where are they, I promise no harm shall befall you or any of your kind if possible."

"I don't know."

"Wait, what?"

"I haven't known anything the entire time, I just haven't wanted to say it."

The princess sighed before shaking her head.

"We're done here. See you tomorrow Jack."

She and her sister left with Orchid in tow. I was escorted to my cell and them later outside for my usual exercise time. I did a workout before I started running. As I rounded a corner that was more secluded than any other three ponies surrounded me.

"Uh... hi?"

One of them, an earth pony, cracked his neck.

"I'm about to do something that should have been done a while ago, freak! This is for all the good ponies that you monsters have killed!"

"Ooooooh craaaaaaap."

Author's Note:

Yay cliffhanger! Any questions, comments? I'll answer them if I can. Like if you want, don't if you don't, whatever, free country!