• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 4,709 Views, 217 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - OutOfTheBlue



How do you stay strong when your interrogators are this adorable!

  • ...
13
 217
 4,709

Chapter 4

The examination was... odd. This "Carefull Observer" just looked at me for a bit before she began asking me a bunch of questions.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I worked in a glass factory."

"Oh? Did you study that in school or--"

"I was assigned there."

That gave her pause for a minute. I could almost see the gears turning in her little pony head as she tried to discern what "assigned" meant in that context.

"Wait, the government just told you to work there so you did?"

"Yup."

"Did you want to work there at least?"

"Does it matter? Did you want to be a scientist before you got assigned?"

"I wasn't assigned, I went to school, studied for years, and then joined a firm."

"Wait, you chose to be a scientist? They let you do that here!?!"

"Well of course! Why didn't you just tell them you didn't want to work there!"

"I didn't want to die."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I wasn't about to dissent, I'm not stupid."

"Dissent?! Why would you think that! That's the most idiotic--"

"YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT IF YOU HAD SEEN YOU BEST FRIEND GET A BULLET THROUGH HIS HEAD BECAUSE HE SAID HE DIDN'T WANT TO WORK THERE!!"

She sat in stunned silence for a few moments before gulping and whispering,

"T-they k-killed him?"

"Yeah, he knew it would probably happen, but he still did it. It happens all the time; steal something, dead. Contraband, dead. Obstructing an official, dead. Overcrowding, they give you a meal of your choosing and then kill you. With billions of us living under their rule, the Union just gets rid of nonessential people."

By now Carefull Observer was crying with her hooves over her mouth. It was almost like she hadn't heard of something like this before. I mean, seriously, the government kills whoever it decides, end of story. The same obviously was true here. I mean, what other system could there be. She sniffled before whimpering,

"I-I-I'm so sorry! Th-that's so horrible."

Before I could object she had walked out crying. What did I say? How could that upset her so much? It was a fact of life, you get over people disappearing from your class about third grade. A few minutes later and I was lead back to the interrogation room. As I sat down in the same small chair, the door opened and Princess Celestia walked in accompanied by two guards.

"I have heard a very disturbing report from Carefull Observer. Apparently things work differently where you come from. But, anyway, what can we do to convince you to cooperate? How about we return you to your government?"

"Pass, I'd rather not die."

"Um... you could stay here as a guest?"

"How long until you kill me?"

"I would never! Why would you think that?"

"You rule this country, right?"

"Well of course."

"So if one of your subjects were to complain about their job, what would you do?"

"Well, I would tell them to try for a job they want. You should always try to work in a place that you'll enjoy working in."

"Exact-- wait what?"

"Is that so surprising?"

"What do you mean? It's almost like you're saying your citizens can choose what they want to do. Next thing you'll be telling me they can choose their own food and live where wherever they want to, not where you tell them."

The princess looked genuinely surprised and sat back in her seat, deep in thought.

"That... sheds some light on the situation. I... apologize, but I need some time to mull this over."

And just like that, I was back in my cell. But, I was informed that in thirty minutes I would be allowed out into the yard for some exercise. Finally! I'd been dying to run for a while now, and my current guard was no fun. I mean, he seriously wouldn't talk at all, how fitting the day guard is a jerk and the night one, the one for who's shift I would normally be asleep during, is the fun one.

As I stepped out into the sunlight, the colors and smells hit me like a brick wall. I just stood there taking it in for a few seconds before walking over to a large tree, my guard at my heels. A few other guards were doing an obstacle course, but fortunately the track was free. I stretched before removing my shirt, not wanting to get it sweaty and gross. I started with a light job to get warmed up before I spotted a familiar bat pony standing beside my daytime guard. I waved and Orchid waved back before I started actually running.

I was halfway through my fourth lap and was nearing my two observers when I noticed something in the sky. It was some sort of chariot pulled by a pegasus. As it passed over them, I heard a shout and saw something fall off the chariot. A box was headed straight for them, and it would hit them directly on the head. Before I could even second guess myself, I was sprinting towards them. I guess it was like when something you care about is about to fall off a table and you instinctively reach for it, or something, because now I was diving towards them. They flinched back in surprise before I shoved them out of the way of the falling box. Unlike them, I had enough motion already that the box would--

*CRASH* *CRACK*

"GAAAAAAAAHHH!"

-------------

Apparently, I was "lucky." Yeah, getting your butt and legs crushed by a giant box full of bananas (I mean seriously, how many do you need.) sounds like something that would happen to a lucky person. What they probably meant was the fact that somehow no bones broke, but honestly, I would have preferred it to what did happen. Not only was I all bruised up and very sore, I had had to have a bazillion wood slivers removed from my already hurting and sore legs. So, when everything was said and done, my lower half (not the front thank the Lord) felt like a squad of combat boot wearing soldiers used me like a doormat, and then after giving me millions of paper cuts, decided to use my back to do shots, and spilled every single one. I just had to wait for the painkillers to kick in. I was sitting in a hospital bed much more comfortable then my cells bed, when Princess Celestia, Orchid, Quiet Guard McJerkface, and... Celestia's evil clone walked in.

"Ah! I see you are awake. However, I doubt you feel like talking so I will keep this brief. I would like to thank you. I shudder to think what might have happened if that crate would have fallen on my two guardsponies here. Although, I'm curious, why put your wellbeing below that of your enemies?"

I shrugged before saying,

"Well, like you said, who knows what could have happened. I just reacted. Also, I couldn't let my favorite pony die."

I winked at Orchid causing her to smile and Princess Celestia to laugh.

"Well, whatever is the case, you have both mine, and my sister's thanks."

The Celestia lookalike nodded before she and her white furred sister walked away. Pegasus guard stepped forward and said, in a surprisingly soft voice,

"I wanna say thanks. I know I haven't been very talkative or, well, polite, but I hope we can, you know, maybe be civil with eachother?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded. Time to face the facts, I just couldn't stay upset at these ponies, they were too cute (mainly Orchid and Doc Observer, but he was petty huggable too.) He smiled back before walking out the door, leaving me and the winner of the cutest pony award. (is that a thing?)

"Well, I guess you already know what I'm going to say, but..."

She paused before looking around, and then planting a kiss on my cheek. Daaaaaw, that made everything better... or the painkillers did, hard to tell. She smiled at me before saying with conspiratorial wink,

"Thanks. Also, nice to know I'm your favorite pony!"

She gave me a grin that showcased her cute little fangs and DAAAAAANG were her teeth white. Like, holy crap! Do you paint them that color! I stopped looking at her teeth when she seemed to realize what she was doing and blushed, rubbing a hoof into the ground. Heart... melting!

"Hehe, sorry, guess I got carried away. I'm so used to ponies being jumpy around me because I'm a bat pony. It's just... it isn't often somepony tells a bat pony they're their favorite."

"How come!? You're the most adorable pony I've seem here! Heck, your the cutest thing I've seen in my life!"

"Y-you think I'm cute?"

I nodded while holding in a squeal at her diabetes inducing face. I wonder if these levels of cute are healthy? She gave me a warm smile before saying in a very genuine voice,

"Thank you. You know, you're really sweet for an alien invader."

"And you're pretty friendly for a well-trained guard."

She snorted before giggling a little. She looked around the room before sighing.

"So... since I'm on duty now, despite the lack of armor, is there anything I can do to help?"

Boom, jackpot. Finally, after all this time my patience would be rewarded. I could finally achieve my goal. Victory was within my grasp and it looked adorable. I held out my arms and scooted over a bit to make some room.

"Hug?"

She sighed and said with a smile.

"Should have seem that coming."

She walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug and OH... MY... GREAT... GOOGLY... MOOGLY she was so soft! It was like, like... think of the softest and fluffiest thing you've ever felt, then multiply it by a gazillion. I pressed my face against her fluffy neck and, to my pleasant surprise, she smelled like mangos. She laughed again (apparently it tickled?) and part of her purple mane draped over my face. I thought her fur was soft and cuddly, her mane was like... something super duper soft. Is there like, some magic that makes ponies super cuddly here, because that was the only thing that made sense. As she sat down on the bed pony style (which is lying on your stomach, legs tucked up against you for all you uneducated people) I realized that when she was lying beside me, if her hind legs were stretched out, she would only be a few inches shorter than me. It just struck me as funny that without my bipedal posture we were almost the same hight rather than her head only coming up to my chest.

Instinct or something took over because I started petting her fluffy back, causing her to make a cute little "Eeeeeeeeee" sound. I laughed because it was pretty adorable prompting her to nuzzle my hand and say,

"Hey! Don't stop, it's like a back massage except better! I'll let you cuddle me IF you keep doing that."

Now that was a deal I was willing to make.

Author's Note:

Hey! In case you were wondering, yes, I purposefully tried to make this as heart melting as possible. Did it work? Are you jealous of Jack? Tell me, I would love to know.