• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 10,305 Views, 163 Comments

Doom: The Equestrian Detour - shinigamisparda



After stealing the Crucible Dr. Samuel Hayden sends the Doom Marine somewhere he can't interfere. Neither of them expected that place to be Equestria. Or that demons would show up there too. The ponies are about to see a lot of ripping and tearing.

  • ...
9
 163
 10,305
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 51 )

Rip and tear indeed. This was a fun read.

10 out of fuckin' 10. Love me some Doomguy and this itched a surprising scratch I didn't know I had. Well played.

While hardly perfect I have to say I enjoyed the fuck out of that.

GeeGee, 2ez.

Rip and Tear... With luck they can replicate all the doom weapons now.

VERY GOOD!
Now, when are you going to continue the Gilgamesh story?

RIP AND TEAR THEM TO PIECES!!! TAKE THEIR SOULS AND RIP THEM TO PIECES!!:pinkiecrazy::twilightangry2::flutterrage:

To quote Hades: “Two thumbs way way up!”

You did an amazing job with this story, definitely worth the read!

God i love seeing doom guy be a bad ass. Great story overall and hope you continue to write such awesome stories.

I have a suggestion for the next one, Bayonetta or captain catherine janeway(and her ship voyager)

:pinkiecrazy:Hi Mr Doom Slayer Sir. Im here to invite you to a going away party for the demon hordes.

There will be cupcakes.:pinkiecrazy:

this was an amazingly fun read. you had me out of my chair and up to my usual shenanigans with surprising regularity. which is one way i rate my enjoyment of a story. good on you.

This was 100% awesome, this in Doomguy done RIGHT, absolutely spectacular job with this one mate, truly a spectacle.
I usually like to leave long and detailed reviews but the only things I could think to change were that in some areas, notably the Canterlot and Palace fights, that you left great big cinderblocks of text, making reading a little hard to track sometimes; and that there were some superficial spelling error likely caused by autocorrect and spellcheck rather than anything else.
In all other areas this story was a superb read, character, setting, pacing, and the combat, really, really well done.
Absolutely spectacular
Favourited and upvoted, wish I could do more.
Great work.
Honora Imperator

RIP

AND

TEAR

A fun read indeed, just got around to perusing and finishing it myself. Thanks for writing!

OMNI:Hehehe...Well done.What do you have to say Doomguy?
DOOMGUY:RiP aNd TeAr...UnTiL iT iS dOnE.

I'm sorry, but this was really not good.

Really all I could think of is "my story with Serious Sam is way better." And I'm not saying that to plug my own story... Well not just because of that anyway. I mention it, because it's based on the same concept, namely: Badass from classic fps game arrives in Equestria to kick some alien ass. Granted Doom and Serious Sam work on different themes, Sam is a wisecracking cartoon character, while Doomguy is an unfeeling killing machine. But I think a lot could be learned from the comparison.

For one thing, the pony characters aren't worthless. Hell, the entire story is about Twilight becoming a monster-murdering badass. And a lot of times, she is necessary to the plot, because she does things Sam wouldn't be able to do, on his own. Here, the ponies are too busy standing around being horrified, than to do anything. They might as well been Teletubbies, they were so inconsequential. If you're going to put ponies into a story, then make sure they have some sort of impact on it.

Second, the fight scenes were boring. The lack of dialogue really made it drag for way too long and it felt a bit more like a "look how cool he is!" I'm sure playing it would have been fun, but I'm not playing it. If you're writing a video-game action scene, then you can add stuff, that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do in a video-game. Make it more cinematic. And again, the ponies actually contributing would have made it infinitely more interesting.

On a side note, both of our stories have fight scene on a train... huh.

Also, you don't really need to describe every single movement in a battle scene. Sometimes a monster being shot to death doesn't need more words to describe. When I got to long-long battle scenes, I just stopped describing things and switched to a more "poetic" and "epic" style, to save some time, but still get the point across.

Not to mention, the occasional grammatical errors and how the narration keeps switching between omniscient and limited. But I'm not going to hold that against you, I'm guilty of that too. We both have a lot of room to improve. The point is, this is a very fun concept and I was disappointed by how not-fun the execution was.

8812569
I appreciate the feedback, but only the last part had any real legitimate criticism. The rest is mostly just your personal preference. We have obviously had different expectations and writing styles, which I can respect, but I’d appreciate it if you didn’t call my work bad because it didn’t go the way you wanted.

That being said I might give your Serious Sam fic a look. It’ll certainly be a very different tone.

8812769

Well, I mean, the entire concept of good and bad is dependent on the person's opinion. And in my opinion it was bad. Now whether you want to take that opinion and think about it, or not, is entirely up to you. I just offered my thoughts, in case you find use for it. Not meant to be anything personal and I'm sorry if I made you feel like it was.

I have to say that i really loved the ending, RIP AND TEAR!

Very well done, good job.

That was sick probably the best doom story on this website you held to the characters nature perfectly and your choice of music for each interaction was magnificent that ending was great aswell this is definitely going into the favourites folder for future reading bravo and great job 10/10 am going to definitely read again

fuckin' fantastyic read while drinking makes it even betytyer me thinks awqq yue

rip and teare boiu

9159809
You know, maybe I’m reading too much into this, but it kinda sounds like you had a few.

... Nah, must imagining it.

9160009
..Well that's mildly embarrassing

9161389
I'd imagine so. :rainbowlaugh:

I'm just guessing but isn't code 1992 a reference to the year 1992 which is when the original Doom came out?

9321924
Glad someone caught that.

For the first time in a long time, longer than he could remember, the Doom Slayer was… happy. Not happy like the satisfaction of killing a demon, a happiness he had not felt since before his crusade against the Legions of Doom. He had taught an entire people to fend for themselves, to make themselves strong against the hordes of darkness that would seek to wipe them out. It made his heart swell with pride… which quickly mixed with rage and sadistic glee. He turned to face the horde of demons as he smiled, levelling his weapon and saying the words that would become the battlecry of Equestria for ages to come.

“RIP. AND. TEAR.”

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/9/93/Pinkie_Pie_glaring_at_Applejack_S01E25.png/revision/latest?cb=20110817002108
I said I'd be watching you.
i.pinimg.com/originals/05/9e/ca/059eca31460f4a2b52f120e0d8d34243.png
And I liked what I saw.
Okay, he spoke again, but this was actually a good one. As a climax it works pretty well, and since he wasn't having a conversation but rather more or less saying a one liner it works out. I like the time skip idea showing the aftereffects of a demonic invasion in Equestria (a sentence that really should not be taken out of context). I'm okay with having the Slayer show a bit of emotion too, as this is still a very simple emotion that makes sense for what we know of him.

All in all you wanted to know what I thought of this story, and I think it's okay. It has some flaws that mostly arise from long paragraphs and lack of descriptors. But that's kinda what you get when you try to turn a scene from a Doom game into text. It's really hard to translate, but I think you did pretty well in that regard. On the usage of the Doom Slayer I'd give you an 8/10, from the perspective of the story as a whole only a 6/10 though. It was short and sweet, as a story like this should be, but it needs a little refinement. Trim the fat in some areas and expand some others. I'd have liked to see a tad more of Ponyville at some point, and perhaps a known character or two witnessing the Slayer's rampage through Canterlot. All in all though you earned a thumbs up and a fav.

“RIP. AND. TEAR.”

This line gave shivers down my spine

“RIP. AND. TEAR.”

This line gave me shivers down my spine:rainbowderp:

The Doom Marine... The man giving demons PTSD since 1993... But this time he has some friends to rip and tear demon apart with.

People at work (on break atm) looked at me funny when I shouted this (RIP AND TEAR) lol. Great fic!

“RIP. AND. TEAR.”

HEELLLL YEAAAAHHH!!!

9507067
It's always more fun with friends.

9750899
Well met brother!

You might say he is the Hand of God, or more likely, The Vengeful One!

Finally read this and it was a fun read, just in time for Halloween (though sad to know that DOOM Eternal got pushed back from this November to next March).

Though I noticed that you used "Code 1992" to be code mean "The Doom Slayer is back"... if that is a reference to the year his game came out, then you're off by just one year (as the OG DOOM came out in 1993).

This was so fucking metal. I love it.

9906241
Finally corrected. Glad you enjoyed.

"He turned to face the horde of demons as he smiled, levelling his weapon and saying the words that would become the battlecry of Equestria for ages to come.

“RIP. AND. TEAR.”"

This drew a big smile on my face. Wonderful.
Quite a picture perfect ending to this fic!

doom crossing https://youtu.be/U4lz8MN6MQA or Listen to Doom Crossing: Eternal Horizons (feat. Natalia Natchan) by Anime-Song on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/teerapat-chauhan/doom-crossing-eternal-horizons

10195341
I've been listening to it since it came out! Thanks!

Demons are like mozzarella.
Both can be shredded.

doom love it RIP AND TEAR

Fucking love this!

Definitely going into my favorites folder.

Dear God, I can only imagine what Twilight thought when she was given the Super Shotgun

Login or register to comment