• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 7,551 Views, 150 Comments

Fifteen Days - UnluckyReaver



Rainbow Dash crashes into the Everfree and goes missing, 15 days later she walks back out. This is the tale on how she survived this harrowing time.

  • ...
15
 150
 7,551

Bonus Chapter: Fifteen Weeks Later

Author's Note:

And total sequel bait...

Life after her adventure in the Everfree Forest eventually returned to the normal type of hectic for Rainbow Dash; Wonderbolt practice, filly mentoring, and the occasional friendship problem. Occasionally her thought would drift to the Everfree and Strider. She found herself wondering what happened to him once he returned home. She hoped that he made it back to where ever he was from safely, and that maybe, one day, they would meet again.


Deep in the Everfree, a strange black stone that stood straight up out of the ground began to shimmer and ripple. The forest went silent as everything seemed to freeze as a tall bipedal figure emerged from the stone.

Comments ( 21 )

Great story! A little on the short side, but fine just the same. Can’t wait to see something more from this! 😀👍

I have conflicting feelings.

On one hand, I feel like you’re trying to ride on the success of this fic. But on the other hand, I want to know what happens.

Shit.

Do you just really like the number 15? Fifteen Days, Fifteen Weeks...

15 15 15. Wow.

Sequel should be longer

And Strider should bring better equipment

8213931

Sequel should be longer

When I first read that, I thought you were saying the sequel should be longer than two sentences. :rainbowlaugh:

Then I realized maybe that’s not what you meant, but it was still a funny thought.

Fifteen days later to fifteen weeks later, all we need now is some zomponies and the reference is nigh complete. On second thoughts, please don't.

Seriously though, if this is bait, then I guess I'm the guppy.

I can’t wait for the next one.👍😁

I am a sneeky snake fear me. 🐍

Glad this is getting a sequel, as it ended before I was debating just unfavoriting it. Not downvoting as it was still good but not good enough to be on my favorites as I felt I didn't get a resolution I wanted. Honestly wanted to see them both pop up at Ponyville.

Comment posted by noah2x4 deleted Jun 6th, 2017

8213798
Come on man, (he/she/attack helicopter) was just going with the title.

Strider: IM BACK BIT#HES!

I really liked this story so i support a sequel

I think the biggest problem I have with the ending is how out of character it seems for “Strider”. He’s been shown to be considerate and concerned for Rainbow Dash from moment one, and for him to just up and hop back to that portal stone, or whatever it is, without any hint in the story that he found out Dash was okay, makes it seem like he’s had some kind of psychotic break in his thinking. It just doesn’t fit. Add to that the fact that, how would he even know it’s ready to take him back? We’ve had no hint of that in the text and to spring this on us suddenly at the last moment makes it feel like you deliberately chopped off the ending in order to write a sequel, which comes across as cheap and ham-handed.

Basically, it’s a discredit to your audience. Not a big one, nothing that really ruins the work, but certainly diminishes it by a significant degree. You could have had a resolution where Dash finds Strider, and he then turns around to the portal to her surprise, and then end with him leaving and an epilogue of his return, which would give us the ability to see why he decided to stop looking for Dash (he found out she was okay, perhaps because Twilight was with her thus showing she found her people), and show us that yes, he did indeed know about the door opening back again which would explain his leaving and tie back nicely to the fact that he chose to make his permanent camp there instead of going to look for civilization from the get-go once he realized he was stuck there.

Instead we got sequel bait. C+, boss: passing grade, but you could do better.

8213798
and 15 is a triangualr number > triangles > pyramides > illuminati

Syroc #15 · Jun 9th, 2017 · · 1 ·

Gah! Curse you, sequel bait!

Well, that was rather unsatisfying. Between how chapters kept getting shorter and the story then just kind of petered out instead of having a real ending, I'd assume you just ran out of ideas there.

8206760
For the curious, that information was in chapter 12, "Day 11."

8220305
It's the classic "I got tired of writing this but I don't want to feel bad by abandoning it so I'm going to make the story officially stop". I wouldn't even call it an ending; it just stopped.

I have to say this has been a very enjoyable story, I enjoyed the interactions between them. Any chance for as sequel?

Login or register to comment