• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 7,550 Views, 150 Comments

Fifteen Days - UnluckyReaver



Rainbow Dash crashes into the Everfree and goes missing, 15 days later she walks back out. This is the tale on how she survived this harrowing time.

  • ...
15
 150
 7,550

Day Fourteen

Shortly after Dash woke, Strider carefully removed the wraps and splints on her wing. Under Strider’s watchful gaze, Dash gave her wing a few tentative flaps and a moment later was gently gliding around the room. Putting more force into her flaps, Dash soon rose up over the crumbling wall only to drift down and land on top of it. The joy Rainbow felt of having her wing back disappeared as she looked out over the Everfree; the fog covered Everfree.

With a small groan, Strider pulled himself up to the top of the wall and sat next to Dash. He looked out at the fog for a moment, then spoke as he pointed at the sun then at a spot higher in the sky then made a waving motion towards the fog.

Dash nodded, understanding what Strider was trying to tell her, and settled down to wait for the fog to disperse.

By noon, the fog had refused to disperse, and Dash was steadily growing anxious to get moving. Sensing her unease, Strider gently placed a hand on her shoulder. Gesturing towards Dash’s wings, and the sky, he said a few soft words.

Dash pondered over what he could have meant for several long moments. “No,” she finally said with a smile, “I stuck with you for this long, it doesn’t seem right to fly off on you now.”