• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Epilogue

A small white unicorn mare ran down the halls excitedly. As she passed the large windows of the apartment, her gray and light blue mane glowed off the sunlight.

Once she had made it to her destination, she opened the door. Her red eyes scanned the room until they landed on two lumps on the bed.

The mare ran before jumping on top one of the lumps. Said lump made an "oof!" noise before groaning.

"Remix, what in Equestria are you doing here?" Octavia questioned, extremely tired.

"What am I doing in here? Sweet Melody, Lyra, and Bon Bon are going to be here soon!" Remix exclaimed.

"They aren't going to be here until" Octavia froze as she looks at the clock.

Oh bloody hell, I overslept!

"Remix, would you mind making me some coffee?" Octavia asked.

"Already done!" Remix exclaimed.

Octavia smiled before kissing her daughter on the head, "Thank you, sweetie. I'll be out there soon."

Remix squealed with excitement before rushing outside once again.

"And you said teaching her how to make us coffee was a bad idea."

Octavia sighed, "Good morning Vinyl."

"Sup, babe," Vinyl greeted as she turned toward Octavia.

"I also still stand by what I said," Octavia explained, "She is only ten after all."

Vinyl just smirked before leaning in to kiss her wife.

Octavia, of course, stopped her.

"I'm not kissing you until you brush your teeth," Octavia reminded.

"Awww," Vinyl pouted, "Not even today?"

Octavia smiled, "You actually remember what today is?"

Vinyl smirked, "May fifth, our anniversary. How could I forget?"

Octavia raised her eyebrow, "Well, you've forgotten about last year."

"Y-yeah, that's true. But this year is important!"

"And why is that, my love?" Octavia questioned.

"Because it's our fifteenth anniversary," Vinyl grinned.

Octavia's eyes went wide, "Oh my Celestia."

"We should call it the year of the Caramel."

Octavia laughed, "Don't even joke!"

While at this moment the two had been talking about Caramel, in actuality Caramel was a topic almost never mentioned. He would be mentioned at most once or twice a year.

Vinyl just smirked before she started kissing a now giggling Octavia.

The two continued to kiss each other repeatedly before they heard,

"Are you guys done making out?! The coffee's getting cold!"

"She is way too smart for her age," Octavia stated.

Vinyl smirked, "She got that from you."

"And she got her energy from you," Octavia teased, "A dangerous combination."

With that said, the two finally left their bedroom, Vinyl grabbing her glasses and Octavia grabbing her bow tie. While Octavia went into the bathroom to freshen up, Vinyl went into the kitchen to drink her coffee.

"Morning Remix," Vinyl greeted, ruffling the filly's mane.

Remix giggled, "Morning mom!"

Vinyl smirked before taking a sip of her coffee and starting to make breakfast.

After a few minutes, Octavia exited the bathroom, with her pink bow tie on and her mane in its normal state.

Octavia took a sip of her coffee and sighed, "Thank you for making these, Remix."

"No problem, Mum!" Remix replied before seating herself at the table. Octavia quickly started to set the table before she seated herself next to her daughter. Vinyl followed after Octavia and the three started eating breakfast.

~•~•~•~•~

Once the three of them were done eating, the door buzzed and of course, Lyra, Bon Bon, and Sweet Melody entered.

Sweet Melody was a small green filly with a white, pink, and purple mane. She was also a unicorn, who was the same age as Remix.

The two fillies hugged one another while Lyra and Bon Bon sat next to Octavia and Vinyl on the couch.

"Happy anniversary you two!" Bon Bon exclaimed.

"Thank you, Bon Bon," Octavia thanked.

"Yeah, thanks, Bonnie," Vinyl seconded.

"How was your anniversary?" Octavia questioned.

When Octavia finally got her divorce from Caramel, almost a week after Lyra proposed to Bon Bon. Lyra, of course, had help from Vinyl and Beauty Brass (against her will).

Vinyl ended up proposing to Octavia almost two years after the divorce, on of course May fifth. This meant that the four mares had anniversaries extremely close to one another. Once Lyra and Bon Bon were married, the two ended up moving to ponyvillie.

The four mares continued to speak, however, their minds started to wonder slightly and they found themselves hearing in on their fillies conversation.

"Wow, you have a crush on the new mare?" Sweet Melody exclaimed.

"Shut up!" Remix exclaimed, a large blush forming on her face.

"Well I mean I guess she's kind of cool," Sweet Melody admitted, "But her stepfather is really weird."

"Caramel?" Remix asked.

"You know his name?! Are you stalking them?" Sweet Melody asked with a smirk.

"What?! No!" Remix replied, her blush growing, "She just told me!"

The four mares looked at one another.

"No bucking way," Vinyl whispered.

"Vinyl! Language!" Octavia scolded.

"Did you guys ever get those restraining orders?" Bon Bon asked, concerned.

Vinyl blinked, "Shit I knew I forgot something."

"Vinyl!" Octavia hissed.

"Well, you know what they say," Lyra started, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I guess I'll never really get my fairytale ending, Octavia thought to herself in realization, no one really ever will. Life just doesn't work like that, we have our ups and downs, but the trick is, always fight for the ups.

Octavia looked over at Vinyl and smiled before grabbing Vinyl's hoof.

Because you never know how far that up it'll take you.

Author's Note:

It's over isn't it?

I don't know, maybe, maybe not. It's up to you guys, if you really want a sequel I'm fine with making one, I have a pretty good idea for it. I mean, I personally don't really like stories with Vinyl and Octavia having foals, but I don't hate them.

Also here's some drawings of the two foals (I'm not very creative so they don't look very special):

I'm sorry if the design of them looks like I copied someone.

Anyway, next topic, the podcast!

Divina and I answered all the questions (Thanks so much for asking them!). However if you don't want your image of me completely ruined I suggest not watching it. Also, we sound really cringey. I also had my retainer on during the recording so I have a serious lisp. Divina edited it and added a lot of comments that wouldn't make too much sense if you didn't know she was the one who edited it but she did a great job editing it. Also warning, it's almost an hour long. Here is the video.

One more thing, I may write more stories in the future but for now I am going to take a small break from writing. I have plenty of ideas for stories about Vinyl and Octavia but my life is getting pretty busy so I need sometime to just relax.

Now for my final message:

Thank you all so much for your support for this whole year, I honestly can't believe my story has been around for this long. When I started writing this I was not in the best state of mind, but thanks to all your kind comments supporting my story I'm in a much better state of mind and I've found a new love of writing. This story, and all of you guys mean the world to me. I also want to thank Divina, my proofreader, and artist for helping me on this story from the very start, Morbidly Artistic for supporting me through this story, and Ashes who really helped improve the quality of writing in this story. But most of all, I would like to thank all of you. All of you have helped shaped this story into what it is now. So thank you, everypony, for helping this story become what I always hoped it would.

This is Gamertag, and I'll see you all sometime in the future :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 46 )

And so ends another perfect story i really enjoyed this one alot and im glad i found it because in the end it brought me back to memories of when i read my first story here University days but with this story there was more conflict and a sense where it not only made me love but also hate characters. Now for a sequel thats tricky sometimes a sequel can ruin a story altogether but my opinion is that it would boost the experience maybe start the sequel as a memory back to Vinyl and Octavia's wedding day. But yeah enough rambeling i guess im trying to say thank you for the story definately a fave author now

her gray and light blue mane glowed off the sunlight.

Couldn't be any more obvious who she belongs to.:derpytongue2:

"She is way too smart for her age," Octavia stated.
Vinyl smirked, "She got that from you."
"And she got her energy from you," Octavia teased, "A dangerous combination."

Very dangerous indeed
:pinkiecrazy:

"Did you guys ever get those restraining orders?" Bon Bon asked, concerned.
Vinyl blinked, "Shit I knew I forgot something."

I was wondering about that.

Now I want to cry. The adventure of Vinyl and Octavia is officially over:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

I'm voting for a sequel if you're willing to write one. This fic definitely made it among my all time favorite fics:twilightsmile:

Im voting for the sequel love this story :twilightsmile:

8142480 let us see... even I don't know if there's a sequel

But there's one definite thing Gamertag is going to do

TAKE A BREAK, HAMILTON STYLE

*dabs*

Hey, no problem, I tried to be constructive with my proof/pre-reading. Sorry life kept me from helping longer, but you did definitely improve over the course of this series, so congrats on a mission accomplished.

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

8142459 I wouldn't call this story perfect, but I'm so glad you think it is.
I remember when I read University days, it may have not ended in the best way it could have but it was still such a cute and amazing story. I'm overjoyed that I could bring you back memories of such a great story with my story :pinkiesad2:
I always wished there was a little more conflict in University Days, I feel like the story had so much potential. That's probably another reason I wanted to make this story.

If I do make a sequel, I will probably allow people to choose if they want it to be cannon or not to the universe so that the original isn't ruined. I won't spoil too much of what the first chapter of the next story will have (If I do make it) but it would be similar to the prologue of the original.

Thank you for reading it! And wow, thank you for calling me one of your favorite authors :heart::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::pinkiesad2:

8142480 Probably Octavia in her crazy teen years when she dyed her mane (that didn't actually happen in my story, don't take that as fact please :rainbowlaugh:)

Dangerous? I think you mean perfect :pinkiecrazy:

Like I've said, it's always sad to see a story go :ajsleepy:
But, no please don't cry or else I'll feel bad :fluttercry:

I'm totally willing to make a sequel some day in the future,:pinkiehappy: until then it's time for a nice relaxing break for Vinyl and Octavia :raritywink:

8142498 Again, I'm so happy to hear you love this story :twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

As for the sequel.... only tim will tell

"What?"

NOT ACTUALLY YOU TIM, I MEANT TIM AS IN TIME

8142818 You were a great proof-reader, and a lot of help in this story :twilightsmile:|

It's fine, I completely understand. this story was getting harder and harder for me to write as my life start to become more and more busy.
I'm glad you think that :twilightsmile: I also believe that as I've gone back to my older chapters and cringe as I find a ton of grammar and spelling mistakes :facehoof:

8142868 Only tim will tell..... (No that is not a spelling error)

i never got to kill him:raritycry:

8142994 im proud to call you a fave you have a lot of real talent and ill gladly read anything you put out also I loved what you did with the ending with Caramel meeting Remedys ex any ways keep up the good work

8143515 sweetie, I made the same joke when Caramel scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

And thank you so much ^^

This book has ruined me for the worst

NAH

JK

Or am I?...

Nah, I'm joking XD

Or am I...

I totally do lol

8143505 I'm sorry :ajsleepy: Maybe one day you'll see him walking down the streets of Manehattan and kidnap him

8143509 Thank you for your kind words, they mean so much to me :twilightsmile:

Yes, I originally didn't have that in the chapter but I felt like something was missing. Then, I got the idea. And now I can't even think of this chapter without that happening, I feel like it really helped the final chapter work all together as a final chapter

8143614 You mean I ruined you

8143697 *calls army up* GET UR WEAPONS MEN WE'RE GOIN' ON A MANHUNT:pinkiecrazy:

8143704 Oh no :rainbowlaugh:

Have fun~ :pinkiecrazy:

8143717 I'd rather just watch and record everything :twilightsheepish:

8143614 O R | A R E | Y O U image.prntscr.com/image/MbVdfj7.gif
Shoot me with a GAU-8 Avenger please; I have crippling depression and osteoporosis and I swear this fan-fiction has turned me even gayer than I already was which was theorized by almighty god Paul Dirac (bless his soul) to be impossible. I have broken all of physics and thus have created a scientific crisis of a previously unseen magnitude erstwhile theorized by Stephen Hawking to also be impossible. You must destroy me with an artillery minigun before I tear a hole into the fabric of spacetime itself, hence performing surgery on its topology and wormholing the shit out of everything including the existence of the wormhole itself yes the Kekistani people must survive this crisis yes please free Kekistan shoot me with a GAU-8 Avenger and crash an A-10 into me. You must free my fan-fics from my authoritarian reign and 'untie' the readers from my profile yes please declare war onto me so that they may be liberated yes.

8143829 Oh :rainbowderp:

Oh... ok, that's.... alright :rainbowderp:

I'm crying. That was so good. OMG. Ahhhhh. You better give me a sequel pleaseeeeee

8148677 I'm so glad you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

As for the squeal.... only tim will tell....

"How long are you going to say that?"

Until someone knows where I got it from, JOHN

YxB

Sequal or I riot!

Well this has been a fun ride. A great concept and well delivered, sad to see it end but at the same time its nice to see some closure. I enjoyed this story a lot. I'm not sure what i like most cant find a favorite part it was all good. (Probably my indecisiveness talking there.) Anyways yeah there were some technical issues but i'm not one to nitpick. So i'll just bookshelf this and give it a like.

Anyways good luck on any possible sequel or other stories you may have in the works.

8155811 I'm glad you hear you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile: I hope to fix some of the issues in my upcoming stories.
And thank you for wishing me luck :pinkiehappy:

8161001 While that is my favorite MLP movie, sadly no that is not where I got it. Good guess though:twilightsmile:

No killing shall be done :derpytongue2:

8162054 The best kind of music :pinkiecrazy:

8162025 Oh.... that's sad :fluttershysad:

8162054 oh no the killing is done by one of my other personalities i am a musician and a mare

8162435 lol i guess midnight has some fans

8164568 u have to ask midnight and she's asleep

8164482 :rainbowlaugh: I'm glad you found this chapter funny and... weird :rainbowlaugh:

8164568 Everyone wants to kill Caramel :pinkiecrazy:

Well ... I'm not good at the finals. XP

Great story, I took time to finish it, for things. I liked it a lot, and the little filly, je je, they are adorable.
Thanks for this story, maybe we'll read again n_n /

8203906 Same here :rainbowlaugh:

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the story! :twilightsmile: And I'm also glad that you found the fillies I made cute :pinkiehappy:

I hope to see you around in my future stories! :pinkiesmile:

8254061
It's a story called Symphony of the damned which sadly no longer is on fimfiction

Login or register to comment