• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 17

It has been a week since anypony had heard from Vinyl. After she left the office the day she saw Neon, she had completely vanished.

Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon all have attempted to contact the mare but failed.

They tried calling, texting, emailing, and going over to her house but no attempts succeeded.

Everypony else in the office continued their work, including Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon but they never gave up on trying to speak with Vinyl.

As for Neon and Caramel, the two have vanished as well.

Octavia did however, get a letter explaining that Caramel had gone to Ponyville to visit Lucky Streak and he had taken Neon with him.

So today, everypony is getting ready to leave the office, when Octavia feel's somepony tap her shoulder.

"Take this," Lyra commanded, throwing a pair of keys at Octavia.

Octavia raised her eyebrow before examining the keys. "What are these for?"

"They’re spare keys to Vinyl's apartment," Lyra replied, nonchalantly.

Octavia's eyes widened, "Where did you get these?!"

"Vinyl gave 'em to me a long time ago,"

"Why are you giving them to me?"

"I think you need to be the one to speak with her. Although me and Bonnie are her best friends, you are the one she cares about most," Lyra explained.

Octavia looked up to Lyra, half smiling, "...Alright," She then hugged Lyra.

"Thank you Lyra, I promise to tell you what happens,"

Lyra nodded and Octavia started to leave. She then stopped and turned back to Lyra.

"Lyra... Why didn't you give them to me before?"

Lyra gave Octavia a sheepish smile, "I kinda lost them.... Heh heh,"

Octavia rolled her eyes and started walking to Vinyl's apartment.

~•~•~•~•~

Once Octavia made it up to Vinyl's apartment, she noticed the lights were out.

Is she home? If she isn't, where did she go?

Octavia then started knocking on the door.

"Vinyl! Are you home?"

Although this didn't work before, she wanted to try one last time in case Vinyl finally decide to speak to somepony.

After a few minutes of knocking, Octavia unlocked the door. Once she stepped inside she found that the place was a mess.

All over the floor there was garbage.

She's never had this much food in her house before...

Octavia carefully stepped around the trash, trying to search for Vinyl.

It is so hard to see in this bloody darkn-

Octavia stopped, turned around and turned on the lights.

Well that was stupid of me...

"WHO THE HELL'S THERE?!" A pony yelled from one of the rooms.

Vinyl.

"It's me Vinyl, Octavia!" Octavia called back.

After a period of silence, the sound of a door locking entered the room.

Octavia panicked and galloped over to the room where Vinyl's voice had come from. She attempted to open the door but it was indeed locked.

"Vinyl! Open the door! I need to speak with you!" Octavia pleaded.

"How the hell did you get in here?!" Vinyl asked in a harsh voice from the other side of the door.

"Lyra gave me a spare key,"

"DAMN IT LYRA. CAN'T SHE UNDERSTAND WHEN THE FUCK TO STAY OUT OF THINGS!" Vinyl yelled.

"We're worried about you Vinyl!"

"I don't care!" Vinyl practically screamed.

After this outburst, there was just silence.

Weeping could be heard from the other side of the door.

"Vinyl..." Octavia said in a soft voice.

"I don't care. Ponies always pretend like they care about you before they throw you to the streets," Vinyl cried.

Octavia stopped struggling with the door, and instead sat down, her back to the door.

"Not everypony is like Neon, Vinyl,"

"How do you know?" Vinyl asked in an almost accusing tone.

"How many years did you stop speaking to Lyra and Bon Bon?"

There was a pause. A small sniffle was heard before she answered.

"Five," Vinyl replied, letting out a deep sigh.

"Five years. I spoke with them the night when I caught Neon cheating on me. They let me stay with them while I recovered from my relationship with him,"

"See? Lyra and Bon Bon are not like him. They still cared for you even when you left them,"

There was another pause but this one was took longer.

"What about you?" Vinyl asked in a small voice.

"Me? I would never do that to you Vin-"

"What about Caramel?" Vinyl asked, her voice increasing in volume, "You're basically doing what Neon did to me but to Caramel. What makes that right? How the hell should I know that you won't do the same to me?!" By the end of this, Vinyl was yelling.

Then there was silence. Vinyl was furious at this point. She was mad at everything. Neon for cheating on her, Lyra and Bon Bon for not telling her, Caramel for bringing him back, and Octavia for-

That's when Vinyl heard it. Sobbing. Octavia was crying.

A brick was basically throw at Vinyl. Everything came crashing down as she realized what she had just said.

"You're right," Octavia sobbed, "I am just as bad as Neon. I understand now why you're avoiding me,"

Vinyl then heard the sound of Octavia getting up from the ground. Once she heard that, Vinyl smashed the door opened and hugged Octavia.

Octavia froze at the sudden speed of movement, but she quickly started hugging back. The two held each other as they cried.

"I'm sorry," Vinyl apologized, "You're not like Neon. You never asked for this. Caramel is a terrible pony who treats you like crap, it's not your fault that you want to leave,"

"But you are right. Nopony deserves their loved ones to leave them. He truly loves me, I shouldn't abandon him," Octavia argued.

Vinyl broke the hug so she could face Octavia.

"But he doesn't love you. If he did then he would let you go, live the life you want,"

Octavia smiled before laying her her forehead against Vinyl's chest. At this point, the two of them were sitting on the floor.

"I don't understand how Neon could leave you Vinyl, you are the most amazing mare I have ever met," Octavia said with a smile after a moment of silence.

Vinyl grinned, "Yeah I am pretty great,"

Octavia laughed and playfully pushed Vinyl.

Vinyl laughed as well, forgetting the problems that plagued her and the ones she loved.

Once they finished laughing, the two looked at each other, both having red eyes but also having smiles.

The two then kissed.

This kiss lasted a while, neither of them wanting to break it, but after awhile they needed air, and the kiss broke.

Once the kiss was over, Octavia finally realized how Vinyl looked.

She didn't have her glasses on, and her mane was even messier then usual.

She also smelled like she hadn't showered in weeks.

"Vinyl, take a shower. Now," Octavia commanded.

"Is that an invitation?" Vinyl asked with a grin, causing Octavia to hit her lightly on the head.

"No. Take a shower while I clean this place up,"

Vinyl pouted, "Awwww, but I like my apartment like this,"

"No buts, shower now,"

"Heh, you said butt," Vinyl giggled.

"Celestia kill me now. You're already acting like a foal again," Octavia said, rubbing in between her eyes.

"Don't act like you don't like it," Vinyl replied with a grin, before slapping Octavia on the flank with her tail and running away to her bathroom.

"VINYL!" Octavia yelled, blushing.

"I KNOW YOU LIKE IT!" Vinyl yelled back, laughing.

Octavia sighed, smiling, "..I guess I do," She whispered.

~•~•~•~•~

"So wait, who is this?" Lucky Streak asked.

Lucky Streak was having a normal day when all of a sudden, Caramel and some random stallion show up at his home in Ponyville.

"Neon Lights," Caramel explained, "Vinyl's ex stallionfriend,"

"Sup," Neon greeted, putting a hoof out to bump.

"Why the hell is he here?" Lucky Streak asked, ignoring Neon.

"To make sure Vinyl won't take Octy away from me," Caramel said, sounding as though he was annoyed that Lucky Streak didn't understand yet.

Lucky Streak raised his eyebrow, "Octy?"

Caramel grinned, "Yep! A new pet name I came up with all by myself!"

"Uh huh," Lucky replied, unconvinced.

"Don't you think this is a little... Extreme, Caramel?"

"Extreme? All I see is a nice stallion trying to claim his mare," Neon protested.

"Yeah I am just going to pretend you are not here to make things less weird, okay?" Lucky Streak stated before turning back to Caramel.

"I mean, has she even done anything yet?"

"She... Held Octy's hoof while we were eating dinner!" Caramel replied.

"Okay first off, stop calling her Octy, it's weird. And second, that's not much. Vinyl may have been comforting her from something,"

"Like what?" Caramel asked, accusingly.

Caramel sounded actually scary, unlike the other times when Caramel would just complain about Octavia.

This was way different, and Lucky could feel it.

It was that then Lucky had a bad feeling for the future.

Lucky Streak raised his hooves up defensively, "Woah, calm down dude, I don't know! I wasn't there,"

"Yeah okay I can see I'm not needed so I'll just go outside," Neon said, nervously before leaving the house.

"Listen, I am telling you this Vinyl pony is not a good pony. She definitely is up to something," Caramel argued.

"Okay, but why call her ex? Why not just speak to her like a normal pony," Lucky Streak asked.

"ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NORMAL?!" Caramel snapped, causing Lucky Streak to flinch.

"What? No!" Lucky Streak replied.

Though after that, Lucky started thinking...

Caramel let out a sigh, "Forget it. Me and Neon are leaving. We need to plan what to do next,"

And with that, Caramel left Lucky Streak's house.

Well, this is bad.

~•~•~•~•~

"K mom, I took a shower," Vinyl called as she exited the shower.

Octavia rolled her eyes, "Good, I’ve finished cleaning some of the house. I am almost done with dinner as well,"

Vinyl froze, "You're making food?"

"Yes. Now listen, I will be coming back here-" Octavia paused when she felt somepony almost knock her to the ground.

"WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?!" Vinyl asked, excitedly.

Octavia rolled her eyes with a smile, "Hayburgers. Now listen Vinyl-"

"DID YOU ALSO MAKE FRIES?!" Vinyl asked, interrupting Octavia again.

Octavia let out a sigh, "Yes. Now let me finish. I am going to-"

"DID YOU MAKE DESSERT?!"

"VINYL!" Octavia scolded, causing Vinyl to jump.

"Sorry," Vinyl apologized with a sheepish smile.

Octavia sighed again, "It's alright. Now, I am going to come back here tomorrow to continue cleaning,"

"Alright, sure, whatever," Vinyl replied as though she was not paying attention, "Hey Tavi?"

"Yes Vinyl?" Octavia asked in a tired voice, ready to get more questions about the food.

So Octavia was shocked when she left two lips press against her's.

"Thanks," Vinyl said after the kiss broke.

Octavia smiled, "You're welcome Vinyl,"

Then, they heard the phone ring.

"Vinyl, can you get my phone please?"

"Sure!" Vinyl responded before leaving the kitchen to find the phone.

A few moments later, Vinyl came back carrying Octavia's phone.

"Thank you Vinyl," Octavia said as she took the phone and answered it.

"Hello?" Octavia asked into the phone.

"Yeah uh hi Octavia," The voice responded, "It's me, Lucky Streak. I wanted to speak with you... Alone. Can you meet me in a few hours at the Star night bar?"

"Um sure," Octavia replied, confused.

"Alright cool. See you then," Luck Streak said before he hung up the phone.

"Well that was odd," Octavia said to herself.

"Who was it?" Vinyl asked as she ate one of the fires Octavia made.

"Lucky Streak, a old friend of Caramel's,"

Vinyl growled, "Caramel... He's probably planning something,"

"I doubt it. I don’t speak to Lucky Streak so often, rarely even, so it would be too suspicious for him to randomly want to speak with me. Caramel would be smart enough to make it somepony who I normally speak to. Like Beauty Brass," Octavia explained.

"I still don't trust him... Maybe I should come with you,"

Octavia smiled, "As sweet of an offer that is, he wants me to be alone. How about you stay outside the bar instead,"

"Fine," Vinyl grumbled.

Octavia pecked Vinyl on the forehead, "Good!," She then paused as she realized there were only a few fries left, "Vinyl... How many fried did you eat?!"

Vinyl grinned, "What! They're just so good,"

Octavia sighed in annoyance, "Oh Vinyl,"

~•~•~•~•~

As Vinyl and Octavia made their way to the bar, Vinyl kept her hoof around Octavia and kept looking around as if they were being followed. This caused many ponies to stare at them.

"Vinyl! Stop that! Caramel is not spying on us," Octavia hissed.

"How do you know? Lyra, Bon Bon, and Beauty did it, why not him?"

Octavia sighed in annoyance. Although she was flattered knowing Vinyl was so caring, it was also annoying how Vinyl thought Caramel was like some super villain that has henchmen spying on them.

Once they made it to the bar, Vinyl let go of Octavia hesitantly.

"I'll be okay. I promise," Octavia reassured with a smile.

"I know you will," Vinyl smiled back.

Octavia quickly kissed Vinyl before going inside the bar. She found Lucky Streak sitting at the bar with a jug of cider.

"Hey Octavia. Long time no see," Lucky Streak greeted with a smile.

Octavia smiled back, "Hello Lucky Streak. It's a pleasure to see you again,"

Lucky Streak motioned for Octavia to sit down next to him. Although Octavia was hesitant, she ended up sitting.

"So... Do you know that Caramel called Neon Lights?" Lucky Streak asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

Lucky Streak sighed, "Because Caramel is acting weird. He's really defensive now about almost everything I say. And now he's doing some crazy shit because he thinks you're cheating on him,"

Octavia paused to think of how to respond. After a second she sighed.

"Lucky Streak, there are some things I should tell you,"

Octavia then proceeded to explain how Caramel has really been for years. She told him how he insulted her, how he hurt her friends, everything.

Once she was finished, Lucky Streak was staring at her with wide eyes.

"Holy shit," Was all Lucky Streak could say.

The two then sat there in silence for a few minutes. As Octavia had continued to open up about her life to Lucky Streak, the more she felt she could trust him.

"You are dating Vinyl, aren't you?" Lucky Streak asked after a long period of silence.

Octavia sighed, "Yes,"

Although she was worried how Lucky would react, she felt that he was like Beauty Brass, always seeing everypony's opinion.

Lucky Streak chuckled, "Good, you deserve somepony that treats you good. I used to have a crush on you for the longest time, I lost it once you and Caramel got married because I knew you were happy. So if being with Vinyl makes you happy then I’m happy too,"

Octavia blushed before she hugged Lucky Streak.

"Thank you Lucky Streak. For listening,"

"No problem Octavia,"

Once the hug broke, Lucky Streak said, "I promise you, I will make sure you get the divorce. If you need any help just call me, I hope to meet Vinyl soon,"

Octavia nodded, "Thanks again Lucky Streak,"

And with that, Octavia left.

~•~•~•~•~

Vinyl was pacing up and down the block. She didn't care that ponies were staring at her, she was just worried about Octavia.

It's been hours. I hope she's alright.

Vinyl then heard the bar door open and she saw Octavia walk out.

"Hey!" Vinyl greeted, "How'd it go?"

Octavia smiled, "It went good," She then kissed Vinyl on the cheek, "Let's go home now Vinyl. I'm tired,"

Vinyl smiled, "Whatever you want Octy,"

~•~•~•~•~

“So, where to now?” Neon asked while him and Caramel stood at the Ponyvillie train station.

“Well, that depends on how you answer this question,” Caramel replied.

Neon turned to him, “And the question is?”

“Where do Vinyl’s parents live,”

Author's Note:

Fun fact: This chapter almost had no foreshadowing at the end.

This story keeps growing and I can't thank you all enough for that. I never thought I would have a story that would even get 10 likes!

So thank you all so very much! :pinkiehappy::derpytongue2::twilightsmile::raritystarry:

I would also like to say that my editor and I are almost done re writing the first chapter.

Also, I am not sexist! I finally made a GOOD guy character! :rainbowlaugh:
My editor loves Luck Streak so much.

Speaking of editor, we are working on a new fanfiction that is a collaboration.

I am also working on some one shot OctaScratch stories.

Well, that's all for now! See you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: