• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,862 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,862

Chapter 46

"That was a weird dream," Octavia stated as she stood up in her bed.

"And who the bloody hell were those ponies?"

With a sigh, she laid back down on her bed.

She had spent the day working on getting Vinyl out of jail with the help of her friends. They were pretty sure Neon should give his side of the story, however, this would most likely result in him no longer working with Caramel.

I don't care what we give up as long as it's for Vinyl....

She's had a very restless night. This was the third time she had woken up from a dream. The first two dreams were nightmares, however, this time it was from some sort of fever induced dream.

Octavia sighed again, "I hope I don't have another dream tonight, especially one like THAT."

She closed her eyes and attempted to fall asleep. She did, but only after half an hour of trying.

And this time, she dreamed about what had happened the day before.

~•~•~•~•~

"Well," Remedy Cure started, "According to my research, Vinyl will most likely just have a month probation."

A sigh of relief swept through the room.

"That's all?" Harpo asked, "No offense but wouldn't Caramel want Vinyl to be in jail for a long period of time?"

"I don't think that's his angle," Lucky Streak explained, "I think what he plans to do is to ruin Vinyl's record in some form or another."

"But how would that change anything?" Beauty Brass asked, slightly concerned.

"Well, for one it could make her lose money. Ponies won't want her to play at their clubs," Bon Bon replied.

Neon shrugged, "I don't know, ponies love it when DJs go rogue and start doing crazy shit."

"Like drugs?" Lyra asked with an accusatory look.

"Hey! It was only one time!" Neon exclaimed.

"Did you have my daughter do drugs?!" Vinyl's mother yelled, getting out of her seat, making Neon flinch.

"Everypony calm down," Fredric stated, getting out from his seat, "We need to think, what is Caramel planning?"

"Honestly, I feel like this was his plan, Caramel isn't very smart y'know," Sassaflash commented with a shrug.

"While that may be true, we shouldn't underestimate him," Lucky Streak explained.

"I agree with Lucky Streak," Remedy Cure commented, "From what I can tell Caramel seems to be in a very dangerous mental state."

Octavia gulped in fear, not for herself but for Vinyl.

Lyra snorted, "I think he's been in that mental state since he was born."

Sassaflash shrugged, "I don't know. When I dated him he seemed fine."

Symphony grimaced, "You were either high or drunk for basically all of high school."

Sassaflash opened her mouth to argue, only to stop and blink, "Huh, you're right."

Fredric facehoofed.

Octavia was in another world. She had stopped listening after Remedy Cure has commented about Caramel's mental state.

However, she wasn't the only one who wasn't paying attention.

Long Play was staring at Octavia, he had noticed her silence and decided to watch the mare.

Octavia then had an idea, something that could fix everything.

She opened her mouth and stood up, prepared to get everypony's attention when Long Play stood up.

"Octavia, may I speak with you alone," He asked.

Everypony stared at the two. Neither one had said anything up to this point and now both were standing up as though they had something to say.

"I- sure," Octavia replied after a minute of silence.

Long Play nodded his head and the two exited the police office.

"What's wrong Long Play?" Octavia asked once they got outside.

"What were you going to say?" Long Play demanded.

Octavia looked at him unsure before saying, "I was going to say I should break up with Vin-"

"No," Long Play practically yelled.

Octavia glared at him, "Why not?"

"The first time we ever talked to each other you told me about how important Vinyl was to you, and why you were dating her even though you're married. You said-"

"I know what I said Long Play," Octavia interrupted, "But that doesn't matter. I love Vinyl, so much it scares me. But I would rather never be with her than to have her get hurt by Caramel even more."

Octavia shook her head, tears rolling down her face, "And even after the divorce, it still won't be over. Caramel will just keep trying to get revenge."

Long Play shut his mouth, he didn't know what to say.

"Wow, you're falling back into the same rut you've been in for fifteen years."

Long Play and Octavia's heads snapped towards the door where they found Fredric standing there, looking at them with disappointment.

"Octavia, do you remember the reason why you wanted to date Vinyl so badly?" Fredric asked.

Octavia opened her mouth but Fredric continued.

"No. Because if you did you wouldn't be saying this stuff. Of course, you wanted to date her because you liked her but there was another reason. You dated her because you wanted to be happy again. You were tired of never feeling loved," Fredric looked over at Long Play, "Isn't that right Long Play?"

Long Play stiffened, "Uh- yeah! Listen, Octavia, we get that you want Vinyl to be safe. But Caramel can't keep going like this forever, and there are ways to stop him, like a restraining order! You shouldn't keep throwing away your happiness because of Caramel."

Octavia wiped her eyes, "Alright. I'll talk to Vinyl about this once she gets out. But I'm not throwing the idea out of my head just yet."

~•~•~•~•~

A weight pressed against Octavia, waking her up from the memory.

She didn't open her eyes, she knew what it was.

"Caramel, get out of here."

The response she got was sobbing.

Octavia sighed and attempted to fall back asleep.

Caramel continued to sob for a few minutes until his sobbing became sniffling.

"I'm going to the police station for more questioning," Caramel explained through sniffles.

"Good," Octavia snapped.

The weight atop Octavia lightened as Caramel got off the bed.There was silence after that. Complete silence. Octavia was tempted to look up to see if Caramel had left but she didn't want to deal with him if he hadn't.

However, she didn't have to look to see if Caramel was there.

"What the hell Octavia?!" Caramel exclaimed, "What did I do that was so evil that it made you date this mare?!"

Octavia didn't respond.

"You know what? You're a traitor!" Caramel yelled, "A fucking lying, backstabbing, traitor."

And with that, he left, slamming the door. As he walked away faint sobbing could be heard.

Once the faint sobbing could no longer be heard, Octavia started to cry.

Normally when she was sad, she would text or call Vinyl who could always make her feel better (or just annoy her until she forgot about what she was sad about).

She missed Vinyl. She missed Vinyl so much.

I should visit her.

You can't, Caramel will be there.

I don't care. I need to see her.

She made up her mind and got up quickly.

Once she was done getting ready she grabbed her things and made her way to the police station.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia arrived at the police station. There was almost nopony there.

There were two policestallions in the corner of the room drinking coffee and eating donuts. There was also a receptionist sitting at her desk behind a glass. Other than that, there was nopony.

Octavia sighed through her nose before walking towards the receptionist.

"Hello, may I visit Vinyl Scratch? My name is Octavia Melody."

The receptionist wrote something down before nodding her head, "Just wait in one of the seats while we get Vinyl Scratch."

Octavia nodded her head before seating herself.

After a few minutes of waiting, the receptionist called her over.

"Vinyl's waiting for you."

"Thank you," Octavia thanked before quickly walking into the guest area.

She found Vinyl where she was the last time she saw her, behind a glass sitting in a chair.

Octavia quickly galloped over.

"Sup Octy," Vinyl greeted.

Octavia smiled, almost relieved. That's when Vinyl noticed the bags under Octavia's red eyes.

"Oh shit! Tavi are you alright?!" Vinyl asked, extremely worried.

Octavia rubbed her eyes, the smile still on her face, "Yes Vinyl, I just," She sighed, "Really missed you."

"Well, yeah I missed you too Tavi but you look like crap."

Octavia raised her eyebrow.

Vinyl panicked, "Uh! I mean you look great!"

Octavia just shook her head, laughing, "I even missed you annoying me."

"So can I-"

"NO!"

"Damn. I was hoping for a get out of jail free card," she paused, "For both annoying you and actual jail."

Octavia looked around nervously before turning back to Vinyl, "Sorry, Caramel's here today, he's being questioned."

"Oh? Maybe he can visit me," Vinyl said with a devilish smile.

"We're trying to get you out of here for breaking and entering already, we don't want there to also be a murder charge," Octavia warned with a smile.

"But who would be the murderer, me or you?" Vinyl asked with a grin.

Octavia laughed, "Don't tempt me."

Vinyl snickered, making Octavia smile again.

After a second of silence, Octavia's face got serious.

"So Vinyl, after doing some research it seems you're most likely going to get around a month of probation."

"Oh, then why the hell am I still here?" Vinyl asked.

"Because they are waiting for your court date, which will hopefully be soon," Octavia explained.

"How long does it normally take?"

Octavia bit her lip, "A month."

"WHAT?!" Vinyl screamed.

"Vinyl! Calm down-"

"No! Tavi, I could barely handle one night in this hell hole! But a week?! Are you fucking kidding me!"

Octavia's eyes flicked to the police pony watching her, he seemed like he was going to pull her away quickly, "Vinyl please-"

"I miss my office, I miss Lyra and Bon Bon, I miss my home, I miss you! Sweet Celestia do I miss you! Sure, you've been here, but I miss holding you, annoying you, kissing you, everything!"

"Vinyl," Octavia said firmly but kindly.

"What?" Vinyl asked in an almost pleading tone.

"We are finding you a lawyer, if we can find one fast enough the court date could be as fast as two weeks."

Vinyl opened her mouth to argue but Octavia interrupted her.

"I know it's tough here, but you're going to get out, trust me. I will get you out of here no matter how hard it is."

"But what about your divorce?" Vinyl asked.

And then, it clicked.

That's it. Caramel wants Vinyl in here so I couldn't focus on the divorce....

Octavia got out of her seat.

"Where are you going?" Vinyl questioned.

"I need to go talk to somepony," Octavia smiled, "I'll be back, I swear."

Octavia kissed the glass, ignoring the fact that it was probably very dirty, "I love you."

"I love you too Octavia," Vinyl replied truthfully.

And with that, Octavia left.

~•~•~•~•~

"That makes a lot of sense," Remedy Cure agreed, nodding her head.

"But isn't Vinyl stacked? You won't lose any money because of this," Sassaflash commented.

"Yes, but she'd still be losing time, the time she'd used to get a divorce with Caramel," Symphony explained, "Which will make the divorce longer."

Octavia sighed, defeated and tired. The four of them were now at Symphony's apartment talking about Vinyl's current situation.

"Octavia, we'll take care of it," Beauty Brass reassured.

"We will?- OW!" Sassaflash cried as Symphony kicked her.

"Yes, continue to work on your divorce, Vinyl is in good hooves," Symphony agreed.

Octavia smiled, "Thank you, that means a lot but Vinyl is my marefriend, it should be my job to make sure she gets our alright."

"Octavia, you aren't the only pony who loves Vinyl and is trying to get her out," Remedy Cure explained, "There is also Lyra, Bon Bon, and Vinyl's family. Don't take this problem into your hooves and your hooves only, that's too much."

Octavia sighed, "You're right Remedy Cure."

"I'm not saying don't help," Remedy Cure continued, "I'm saying that you need to let others help Vinyl as well."

Octavia didn't say anything, she just looked down.

Beauty Brass then got out of her seat, "You need to relax Octavia, how about you and me go to the spa?"

Octavia smiled, "That sounds nice."

"Great! We can talk about couples while we're there," Beauty Brass exclaimed as she started pushing Octavia out of the apartment.

"Goodbye Sassaflash,Remedy Cure, and Symphony, thank you all for letting me coming over," Octavia yelled before the door was shut.

"So," Symphony started once they left, "Who is going to be Vinyl's lawyer."

Remedy Cure smiled, "We'll isn't it obvious? Me."

~•~•~•~•~

Caramel slammed the door shut to his apartment. It shut so hard that all of the things nearby fell.

"Stupid lawyer, how the hell is my case stupid?! It's a flawless case!" Caramel exclaimed to himself.

He quickly drank a bottle from the fridge before he slammed down into the couch and growled.

"Vinyl Scratch is ruining my life!"

He then snaked his head into the couch.

After a second of staying like that, he started to laugh.

"At least their relationships will be over. Once that DJ gets out she won't be the same mare she once was, and Octavia will never love her again."

Caramel continued to laugh, he laughed for so long and hard he started to cough.

Then his coughing became harder until blood started coming out.

And it kept coming out until he eventually passed out.

Author's Note:

Well.... this story got dark :rainbowderp:

At least you guys will be happy about Caramel.... Or will you? :pinkiecrazy:

Anyway, I'm sorry for the late chapter. I had a very busy week last week. I'm surprised that I even got this chapter out.

Also sorry for the late upload.

Well, I don't really know what to say, except thank you all for your support on this story and I'll see you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: