• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 26

"Out."


"What?" Vinyl asked, turning to her mother.

"Everypony out," Vinyl's mother stated, "except for the two stallions outside."

"Wait!" Vinyl complained, "Who is this guy? And why did he call you-"

"Vinyl," Octavia interrupted, putting her hoof on the DJ's shoulder, "we need to go."

Vinyl opened her mouth to argue but when she saw the pleading in not only her mother but Octavia's eyes, she just sighed before walking out.

Octavia followed Vinyl close behind, and Bon Bon followed after the two. However, before Bon Bon was fully out of the house, she turned back.

"Where's Lyra?" Bon Bon asked.

"She said she had to go take care of something," Vinyl's mother replied.

Bon Bon looked confused,but she nodded her head and left.

"LONG PLAY!" Vinyl's mother called, "I NEED YOU TO LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR A FEW HOURS!"

"Why-" Long Play asked, walking down the stairs. He froze when he saw his father standing there. "Dad."

Vinyl's mother sighed, "Yes I know, so could you please leave, Long Play?"

Long Play turned to his mother. "No way! Unlike Vinyl I actually remember our dad. I'm staying."

Vinyl's mother sighed again, "Fine."

And with that, the stallions entered the house.

~•~•~•~•~

Vinyl, Octavia, and Bon Bon wandered the streets of Ponyville in silence, none of them knowing what to say, or knowing where to go.

After a few more minutes, Bon Bon finally spoke.

"Listen guys. I need to go find Lyra because I don't know what she's up to," Bon Bon explained, "You can come along if you like."

Octavia opened her mouth to respond but Vinyl beat her to it. "Nah, that's okay. I wanted to take Tavi somewhere."

Bon Bon smiled and nodded her head before leaving to find her marefriend.

Once Bon Bon was gone, Vinyl and Octavia continued to walk in silence.

"Where did you want to take me, Vinyl?" Octavia asked, turning to the unicorn.

Vinyl grinned. "I'm going to take you down memory lane."

Octavia raised her eyebrow but said nothing. She then turned back forward and continued walking, her mind full of thoughts.

Did Caramel contact Vinyl's father too? If he did, how did he find him? And why is Caramel not here with them? Sweet Celestia... this is never ending.

All of a sudden, Vinyl stopped walking. Octavia turned to find the DJ looking at something with a grin. Octavia followed her marefriend's gaze to find that she was staring at Sugarcube Corner.

Octavia let out a sigh and rolled her eyes with a smile. "Of course. I should have known you would come here."

Vinyl turned to Octavia, "Hey! You wanted to go on a date, so here's a date. Besides, it's not the only place I'm taking you."

Octavia looked towards the sun to see it setting before turning back to Vinyl, "Vinyl, your mother is making dinner."

"I know, we'll just grab a milkshake, that's it," Vinyl explained.

"No Vinyl," Octavia started, stomping her hoof on the ground.

Vinyl shrugged, "Suit yourself."

And with that, the DJ walked towards the sweets shop.

"Vinyl!" Octavia called, sounding like an angry mother.

When Vinyl didn't turn back and continued walking, Octavia let out an annoyed groan before walking after her marefriend.

Once Octavia caught up with Vinyl, they were right outside Sugarcube corner. Vinyl flashed one more grin at Octavia before walking in, causing Octavia to roll her eyes.

Octavia looked around the building, it was filled with all different kinds of ponies, and there were some sort of sweets always in sight. The place smelled of sugar and candy, and the sound of ponies talking to one another could be heard.

Then, all of a sudden, a pink pony appeared in front of her, almost out of thin air. This caused Octavia to jump back in surprise which made Vinyl laugh.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" The pink pony greeted with a smile.

Octavia's eyes narrowed.

No.... it can't be....

The pony then let out a gasp of excitement. "I remember you! You were at the grand galloping gala!"

It is....

Somehow, Vinyl could sense Octavia's anger. "Hey Pinkie. Sorry to cut this short but I am in kind of a rush. I'm also here on a date with this pony so we would like to be alone."

"That's alright Scratchy," Pinkie Pie replied, causing Octavia to let out a low growl, "I'll just get you your milkshake and be out of your mane in no time!"

With that, Pinkie Pie zoomed away towards the kitchen.

Vinyl and Octavia walked over to an empty table, Octavia glaring the whole time.

That pink pony... how dare she be here....

Well, she technically caused you to be alone with Vinyl and then eventually kiss her.

I know.... but how dare she call my Vinyl, Scratchy- wait... AM I JEALOUS?!

Well, Vinyl seemed to think so. "You know Octy, jealously doesn't fit you well."

Octavia glared over at Vinyl. Vinyl's eyes widened and she quickly looked away. Hopefully Octavia wouldn't maul her or Pinkie.

The two mares sat down and Pinkie Pie brought out Vinyl's milkshake, before leaving once again.

"I just realized," Octavia stated suddenly while she was watching Vinyl drink, "when did you tell Pinkie Pie what drink you wanted."

Vinyl stopped drinking and grinned, "I didn't."

"Wait. So how did-"

"Tavi," Vinyl interrupted, "she's Pinkie. Asking questions just makes things worse."

Octavia opened her mouth to respond but stopped and decided to take Vinyl's word for it.

Vinyl continued to drink her milkshake while Octavia just looked around the building. After a few minutes, Vinyl was starting to feel uncomfortable with all the silence, so she spoke up.

"You sure you don't want some of this milkshake Octy? It's really good."

"I'm positive Vinyl," Octavia replied, not even looking at the mare.

"You suuuurreeee?" Vinyl asked, slowly pushing the drink towards the cellist.

Now, Octavia turned towards Vinyl and pushed the drink back. "Yes Vinyl. Because unlike you, I am going to eat something healthy, instead of spoiling my appetite like you."

"Whatever you say, grandma," Vinyl replied before she continued to drink.

Then, all of a sudden, she felt a sharp pain in her leg and she let out a yelp of pain. She looked up to see Octavia giggling behind her hoof.

"Sorry," Octavia apologized between giggles, "I guess I was still a bit mad about Pinkie Pie. That was meant for when you called me 'grandma'."

Vinyl rubbed her leg and glared at the cellist. Then, after a moment, a grin started forming on her face.

Octavia was still giggling, she continued to giggle until she suddenly let out a squeal. She covered her muzzle with her hooves, and a healthy blush started to form on her face. Somepony, specifically the one of front of her, used magic to pinch her flank.

Octavia glared at her marefriend, who wore a triumphant smirk. Vinyl then continued drinking her milkshake in victory as she acted like nothing ever happened.

Then, Vinyl heard the noise of Octavia slowly getting out of her seat. The DJ looked up to find that Octavia was in fact, very slowly and menacingly getting out of her chair. This caused Vinyl to let go of her straw and swallow the rest of her milkshake in one big gulp, before left out a "Meep."

Vinyl then booked it out of Sugarcube Corner, but not before throwing some bits towards the cashier area.

"BYE PINKIE!" Vinyl yelled as she ran out, Octavia close behind her.

"Bye Scratchy!" Pinkie Pie responded with a wave.

~•~•~•~•~

"Pick up. Pick up." Bon Bon whispered to herself as she tried to contact her marefriend.

"Hey! This is Lyra! Please leave a message after-" The phone repeated for probably the tenth time.

"Ugh!" Bon Bon groaned in frustration, "Where is that mare?"

"Hey Bonnie!" Lyra greeted, causing Bon Bon to jump.

"Lyra?" Bon Bon asked, turning towards the mare, "Where have you been! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Lyra grinned, "I was talking to somepony. C'mon, follow me."

Bon Bon gave Lyra a confused look but she followed her marefriend towards a house. Once they were in front of the house, Lyra knocked on the door. After a few minutes, a stallion opened the door.

"Hey Bon Bon!" Lucky Streak greeted.

Bon Bon turned to her marefriend, "You went to see Lucky Streak?"

Lyra nodded her head. "Yep! I thought we should talk to him about Caramel since, well, you know, they were best buds before."

Bon Bon then turned back to Lucky Streak, "Hello Lucky Streak. How have you been? I hope Lyra didn't give you too much trouble."

Lucky Stream chuckled, "Don't worry, Lyra has done nothing. Would you guys like to come in?"

Bon Bon nodded and Lucky Streak moved out of the way for the two mares to enter.

Once inside, Bon Bon could see some coffee on the table, meaning that Lyra and Lucky Streak had been talking before Bon Bon found them.

Lucky Streak walked over to one of the couches, while Lyra sat down on the couch facing Lucky Streak. Bon Bon, of course, sat down next to Lyra.

"So," Bon Bon started, "what have you two been talking about?"

"Remember when Beauty Brass told us about how Caramel said 'that DJ will get what's coming to her?" Lyra asked.

"Yes I remember that. Beauty Brass was in hysterics." Bon Bon replied.

"Well, it's obvious that Caramel is planning something," Lucky Streak explained, "Although he may have been talking about contacting Vinyl's dad, I doubt that. It doesn't seem like something he would do."

"Seriously?" Lyra asked, her voice slightly annoyed, "You do realize you are talking about the stallion who contacted Vinyl's ex stallion friend AND her family?"

Lucky Streak opened his mouth to respond but Bon Bon interrupted him.

"No no, I think Lucky Streak is onto something."

Lyra opened her mouth to argue but Bon Bon stopped her. "Wait wait, hear me out. Neon and Vinyl started their careers together, but once they broke up Vinyl tried to erase any trace of their relationship. However, if you just do a little searching you can still find him."

"Yeah yeah. We already know that Bonnie." Lyra said, slightly annoyed.

Bon Bon glared slightly at her marefriend, "So, how did Caramel find Vinyl's parents?"

"From Neon!" Lyra exclaimed, starting to understand where this was going.

"Correct. Lucky Streak, do you think, in all your time with Caramel, that he would plan to contact Vinyl's family?" Bon Bon asked.

"No. Knowing Caramel, he probably wanted to contact Neon in order to scare Vinyl off. Then finish it by getting Octavia's family on his side," Lucky Streak replied.

"So, you think Neon planned to get Vinyl's family involved?" Lyra asked, her voice rising slightly in anger for Neon.

"That's my guess. I think we need to stop focusing on just Caramel and start focusing on the other stallion in the picture," Bon Bon explained, "We still don't know why Neon is helping Caramel, and, knowing Neon, he would never help somepony if it didn't benefit him in some way."

"Well great," Lucky Streak exclaimed, "Now we went from one problem to two. Not only do we have to figure out what Caramel is planning for Vinyl, but we need to figure out why Neon is helping Caramel, too."

"I am going to kill that stallion," Lyra growled.

"How about we get a spy," Bon Bon suggested, causing Lyra and Lucky Streak to look at her as though she was insane. "We will never stop Caramel and Neon's plans if we keep waiting for them to happen. We need somepony to gain their trust and give us intel."

"I guess I could try," Lucky Streak suggested, shrugging.

Bon Bon smiled, "Perfect, now we just need to tell Octavia and Vinyl about our plan and everything can be set into motion."

"Sweet Celestia, Bonnie!" Lyra exclaimed in shock, "Where in Equestria did you learn to plan like that? That was totally hot."

Bon Bon blushed and gave a sheepish smile, "Books..... I learned it from books."

~•~•~•~•~

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Vinyl continued running through Ponyville, knowing damn well that if she stopped, she'd be dead meat.

She can't still be chasing me.... right?

Vinyl took the chance and looked behind her. What she found was a still very angry Octavia, chasing her.

SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT!

Vinyl had been running for so long, she was almost all the way to Sweet Apple Acres. She was slowly losing speed as she got more and more tired.

WHY VINYL?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DATE AN EARTH PONY?!

Once she was near the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, she was panting and barely even running. She was praying that Octavia was just as tired as her, or that somehow, Octavia was far enough that she could catch her breath.

However, her prayers were not answered.

All of a sudden, she felt somepony push her to the ground from behind. She was rolled around until she was looking towards the sky, but instead of the sky, she saw a very angry looking cellist.

"H-hey Tavi," Vinyl wheezed out.

"I am going to kill you Vinyl Scratch," Octavia stated coldly.

Vinyl gulped.

Shit.

"C-c'mon. Can't we talk about this?" Vinyl offered with a sheepish smile.

Octavia narrowed her eyes.

Shitttttttt.

An idea then popped into Vinyl's head.

"Listen and listen good Vinyl," Octavia started to explain, "Whatever was going through your mind at that moment in-"

Octavia was cut off as she let out a squeak. Her body instinctively jerked to the side as she felt Vinyl poke her hard in the side.

Vinyl smirked before used all her strength to pull the cellist off her and down to the ground.Once Vinyl was straddling Octavia, she moved down and kissed Octavia right on the lips.

Vinyl felt Octavia sigh into the kiss before she wrapped her hooves around the DJ's neck.

The two stayed there, locking lips for a few minutes before they broke, both panting heavily.

"Do you really think a kiss is going to make up for what you did in Sugarcube Corner?" Octavia asked. She looked annoyed, but Vinyl could see a shadow of a smile.

Vinyl grinned, "Well, you seemed to really enjoy that kiss, so I am guessing it will."

Octavia rolled her eyes, a slight smile on her face. Then, she realized something.

"Vinyl. We are on the ground."

"Glad you finally noticed," Vinyl chuckled.

In response, Octavia bucked Vinyl off of her, causing the DJ to laugh.

Octavia huffed, "We should go back now, Vinyl."

"Aw, but I wanted you to try an apple" Vinyl pouted, looking towards the farm.

Octavia sighed in annoyance, "You're not going to let me leave until I eat something, are you?"

"Nope."

"Of course," Octavia sighed again, "Let's go then. The sooner I eat something, the sooner we can go back to your home."

Vinyl smiled, wagging her tail slightly. The DJ then ran into the farm. Octavia smiled at the display of excitement.

Octavia followed Vinyl as they walked around the forest of apple trees, trying to find a tree that was not empty.

"Vinyl, I don't think it is legal for us to be out here." Octavia commented.

"Nah, trust me, we'll be fine. I used to do this all the time when I was younger." Vinyl reassured, putting her arm around the cellist.

"That does not surprise me." Octavia replied.

The two continued walking for a few more minutes, until they finally found a tree with a few apples on it.

"Sweet!" Vinyl exclaimed as she pulled off two apples.

Vinyl then levitated one apple over to Octavia. Octavia looked at Vinyl, who was watching her, waiting for her to eat. Octavia sighed before she finally gave in and bit off a piece of the apple.

Octavia had to admit, it was a very delicious and juicy apple. It was probably the best she has ever had.

In the corner of her eye, she could see Vinyl smiling, triumphantly, causing the cellist to roll her eyes.

The two stood there, chewing their apples in silence, when Octavia noticed something.

"Vinyl, why is your magic blue but your eyes are red? I thought unicorns' magic matched the color of their eyes."

"They do. But I didn't want ponies to know about my eyes," Vinyl explained, "So I got a magical operation that would change it so my horn would have a different color magic."

Octavia nodded her head in understanding. And with that, it went back to silence.

Octavia watched Vinyl eat her apple, she seemed to be enjoying it as more of a old love then a new experience, which made sense due to her living here as a filly.

Then, all of a sudden, when Vinyl took another bite of the apple, a worm came out of the apple.

Vinyl, in shock, spit out the apple in her mouth. Octavia started to giggle at the shocked expression on the DJ's face. Vinyl then pulled out the worm which was still wiggling. The unicorn threw it to the ground, and the two watched it squirm away.

"You should probably throw away the apple," Octavia pointed out, still giggling slightly.

Vinyl shrugged, "An apple's still and apple, even with a worm." Vinyl then took another bite out of her apple.

"Ew, Vinyl!" Octavia exclaimed, disgusted. However, she was still giggling.

Vinyl smirked, "You want a bite?"

"No! That's gross!" Octavia laughed, slowly backing away from the DJ.

Vinyl's smile became predatory as she slowly walked closer to the cellist.

Octavia then took off running, Vinyl close behind her.

Unlike before, this chase had a feeling of playfulness while the other was filled with fear. This caused the chase to not be taken seriously, and for Vinyl to actually catch up to Octavia.

Once she caught up to the cellist, she tackled her, the both of them laughing. They rolled around for a few seconds before they stopped, Vinyl on top of Octavia. The two started kissing again, except this time, instead of one long kiss, it was many short kisses.

They continued for a few minutes before they stopped, both panting.

Vinyl then rolled over so she was lying down on the grass next to Octavia. Octavia moved her head over so she was laying on Vinyl's chest. The two were both staring at the sky. Vinyl started to run her hoof through Octavia's mane, unintentionally causing the cellist to hum in content.

The two stayed there for a while, just staring at the sky in silence. After a few moments, a question popped into Vinyl's head.

"Hey Tavi?" Vinyl asked as she continued to stroke Octavia's mane.

"Hm hem." Octavia responded, her eyes closed.

"Who was that stallion with Neon?" Vinyl finished, looking down at the cellist.

Octavia's eyes snapped open, causing Vinyl to stop petting her. Octavia then leaned on one hoof so she was looking at Vinyl.

"That... that was your father."

~•~•~•~•~

"What are you doing here?" Vinyl's mother asked, coldly.

Vinyl's father jumped back due to the sudden anger. Before he could answer however, Neon started speaking.

"I invited him here." Neon explained.

"Aren't you and Vinyl done? Are you trying to get back with her or something like that?" Long Play asked, anger in his voice.

Neon shrugged, "Reasons. I have my reasons for being here and doing this."

"Are you going to tell them to us?" Long Play questioned.

"Nope."

"What about you?" Vinyl's mother asked, turning to the father again, "Can you finally do something useful and explain what the hell is going on?"

Vinyl's father gulped before clearing his voice, "I came here to talk to you, actually. As for Neon, I have no idea why he is here. He contacted me and told me that he could help me see you and the kids, so I agreed to come."

Vinyl's mom narrowed her eyes. "Fine. Let's talk." She then turned to Long Play and Neon. "You two talk out here. Me and your father will go upstairs to talk."

Long Play and Neon nodded their heads, and the two ponies left.

"I still don't like you." Long Play stated.

"I know. Why would it have changed in the last five seconds?" Neon replied, smugly grinning.

Meanwhile, the two ponies were upstairs, walking into the mother's room to talk.

"So, what do you want?" Vinyl's mother asked.

"I fucked up." Vinyl's father stated.

"Yeah, you fucked up and and you fucked a random mare, what's the point?" Vinyl's mother stated coldly.

"I want to fix things-"

"Bullshit," Vinyl's mother replied, rolling her eyes, "I bet you just want to get laid because your marefriend left you."

"No. No. I... I would love to be with you again, really, but that's not what I meant," Vinyl's father explained, "We have two kids. Both of them are grown ponies. One of them will probably hate me forever and I understand that, but I want to fix that. And.... I want to finally meet my daughter."

"Even if I for some reason agreed to this I don't think this would be the right time. Vinyl is currently in a very dangerous place, and she has a lot on her plate- wait.... did Neon tell you anything about a stallion named Caramel?"

Vinyl's father's eyes flickered, "Well.... Caramel was actually the one who contacted me, but they made me agree not to tell you that or anypony else that."

"Why?" Vinyl's mother demanded, stomping her hoof.

"I don't know." Vinyl's father confessed, "Also, side question: who is Caramel?"

~•~•~•~•~

"Oh yeah, and I'm Princess Celestia." Vinyl replied, chuckling.

Octavia frowned, "I'm not joking, Vinyl."

"You don't even know about the divo- wait... how do you know about the divorce?" Vinyl asked, sitting up as well.

"Your brother told me," Octavia explained, "He even showed me a picture of him."

Vinyl's eyes went wide. "Wait... Long Play doesn't have a picture of our dad."

Octavia eyes also went wide.

No wonder she had no idea who he was... They never even showed her a picture!

"They've never showed you the picture?" Octavia asked, shocked.

In a flash, Vinyl's face became one of rage as she got up from the ground and started to walk away.

"Vinyl!" Octavia cried, following after the unicorn.

"Are you kidding me.... They never fucking showed me who my father was... They would rather show Octavia my father then his own fucking daughter?" Vinyl mumbled to herself.

"Well, doesn't that mean that they at least trust me," Octavia said, causing Vinyl to turn to look at the cellist, "I mean. Of course they should never hide something like that from you. But that at least means that they are willing to let us be together... right?"

"Yeah. I guess." Vinyl grumbled as she turned around and continued walking.

Octavia frowned and followed after her marefriend.

Once Octavia caught up to the mare, she attempted to study the unicorn's face, however, this proved unsuccessful as Vinyl's glasses covered her eyes.

Octavia let out a sigh before she wrapped one hoof around Vinyl to pull the unicorn closer. Once she did that, she kissed the DJ on the cheek, causing the dam to break.

Vinyl then started weeping, and in a second, she was galloping out of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Vinyl!" Octavia called, chasing after the unicorn.

The two ran all throughout Ponyville, until they were all the way back at Vinyl's home. Once there, Vinyl busted the door down.

"I WANT ANSWERS!" Vinyl demanded.

But, what Vinyl and Octavia found, caused their eyes to go wide.

There was Neon, on the wall, being almost choked by Lyra who was being held back by Bon Bon. Meanwhile, Long Play watched the display with slight amusement, and Lucky Streak just watched with both worry and awe.

"What in Equestria is going on?!" Octavia exclaimed, causing everypony to turn at them.

~~~Five seconds ago~~~

"I AM GOING TO BUCKING KILL YOU!" Lyra screamed as she opened the door. The unicorn then pushed Neon to the wall and started choking him.

"LYRA!" Bon Bon exclaimed, grabbing one of the unicorn's arms, "STOP! WE CAME HERE TO ASK QUESTIONS, NOT COMMIT MURDER!"

"Aw yeah, get him in the eye Lyra!" Long Play cheered.

"Is this normal?" Lucky Streak asked, watching the fight.

"Probably," Long Play replied.

~•~•~•~•~

"What answers do you want Vinyl?" Bon Bon asked, finally getting Lyra off Neon.

In response, Vinyl walked right up to Long Play so that their muzzles were touching, "You lied to me."

"What?!" Long Play exclaimed.

"You had a picture of dad and you never showed it to me." Vinyl explained, walking towards the stallion as he started to back up.

"Oh yeah... well you see, there is a perfectly good answer to that." Long Play replied, nervously.

"Listen. Before anypony starts fighting," Lyra started, causing Bon Bon to glare at her, "Let's get the parents out here so they can all talk together, alright?"

Everypony nodded in response.

"I will get them." Octavia volunteered before going up the stairs towards the room.

She then knocked on the door. "Hello. It's Octavia. We were hoping that all of us could talk together down stairs."

Author's Note:

BEFORE YOU ALL START COMING TO KILL ME! JUST REMEMBER.... AT LEAST IT WAS NOT CARAMEL AND OCTAVIA IN BED TOGETHER!

"Wait Gamertag, what happened to the story? This was basically just Vinyl and Octavia going couple stuff"

SHIPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT JOHN. YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND.

I am writing this at night again... at this point I should start drinking coffee.

Also don't worry. I totally know what I am doing.... Kind of. :twilightsheepish:

Also, thank you all again for the support! :twilightsmile: And big thanks to my editors again.

See you all next Monday :twilightsmile: