• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 49

"There!"

Octavia stepped away from Vinyl as she finally finished tying the tie Vinyl was wearing.

"Now you're ready for the party," Octavia said as she straightened Vinyl's suit.

Vinyl wasn't really paying attention, she was too busy watching Octavia.

It's been about a week since the two decided that they should take a break. In that time, they continued to spend as much time as they could with one another.

At first, it was very awkward and almost uncomfortable, but they soon grew closer to one another once again.

However, Vinyl was starting to become dangerously attracted to Octavia again, even if she didn't realize it. The DJ often caught herself staring at the cellist whenever they weren't talking.

"Vinyl?"

Vinyl snapped out of her trance to find a very confused Octavia looking at her.

"H-huh?"

Octavia giggled, "I finished tying your tie. We're ready for the party now."

"Oh... oh yeah!" Vinyl exclaimed as she finally remembers what was going on.

The two of them had been invited to a party by an anonymous pony. However, they soon learned that Neon, Lyra, and Bon Bon had also been invited.

I wonder who else will be there, Octavia thought to herself.

"So, shall we go, Milady?" Vinyl asked, bowing slightly as she held out a hoof.

Octavia giggled again before wrapping her hoof around Vinyl's. The DJ grinned before the two started walking out of Vinyl's apartment.

Vinyl was wearing a dark blue suit with lighter blue stripes, she also had a white tie with her cutie mark on it. And of course, she had her signature glasses on.

Octavia was wearing a purple flowing dress, which had small white dots, resembling stars around it.

Once they were walking, Octavia had the sudden urge to kiss Vinyl on the cheek.

While Octavia hadn't thought much of Vinyl when she was in the hospital with Caramel, she was still in love with the unicorn. She would have gone right back into their relationship if they didn't get into such a big fight. However, she knew that their relationship needed time to recover, and so did Vinyl.

While the two were in the elevator, Vinyl decided to start some small talk.

"So," Vinyl started, "You seem pretty happy today."

Octavia laughed, "Am I really that obvious?"

Vinyl just grinned.

Octavia sighed happily, "You're the first pony I'm telling so please don't mention it at the party."

Vinyl chuckled, she enjoyed seeing Octavia act so uncharacteristically happy from time to time.

"Alright, well.... the divorce is happening soon," Octavia explained.

Vinyl's eyes went wide, "Wow! Tavi that's great!"

Octavia squealed as Vinyl sudden hugged her, spinning her around slightly.

"Vinyl!" Octavia exclaimed, laughing.

Vinyl stopped spinning and the two made eye contact.

They quickly realized what position they were in and blushed. Vinyl quickly put the cellist down, and they continued the ride in awkward silence.

The two finally made it down to the lobby, where Lyra, Bon Bon, and Neon were waiting for them.

"Neon? I thought you were in prison," Octavia stated bluntly.

"Psh. That was easy. I got my ex marefriend to pay for me. I once dated this supermodel and she was stacked," Neon explained.

"And you pleaded with the mare on the phone until she finally agreed to let you out," Bon Bon stared blankly.

"Because nopony else cared about him," Lyra added, shaking her head.

"Hey!" Neon protested.

"Wait, why couldn't you get her to break ME out?!" Vinyl asked.

"Because," Neon started, "Uh.... that mare is scary."

This caused everypony to facepalm.

"Let's just get to the train," Octavia suggested, slightly annoyed.

The rest of her friends all nodded in agreement before they left the apartment on their way to the train station.

Outside Vinyl's apartment was a red convertible, which had five seats.

Vinyl whistled, "Who's car is that?"

Neon grinned, jingling the keys in his magic, "Mine? Wanna ride?"

"I'm assuming that's how we're getting to the train station," Octavia commented.

"Yep! Now hop in!" Neon exclaimed.

Lyra went in first, followed by Bon Bon, who was then followed by Octavia. Vinyl jumped in the front, excited to be in such a fancy car.

Octavia felt slightly hurt that she wouldn't be next to Vinyl, and instead that the unicorn would be next to her ex stallionfriend.

Who still has feelings for her, a voice in the back of Octavia's head reminded.

Octavia shook her head, ignoring the voice.

"Are you alright Octavia?" Bon Bon whispered.

Octavia nodded her head, "Yes, I'm just a little nervous for tonight, that's all."

"Same here," Lyra agreed, "I mean, how do we know if they aren't going to just send us to some abandoned factory for something?"

"Actually I looked up the address online," Bon Bon explained, "It's really fancy mansion that people can rent out for parties."

"Sweet!" Neon exclaimed, "Maybe I can have a little fun while I'm there."

"Yeah, good luck with that. I doubt anypony would want to have around with you," Vinyl joked.

The car stopped at a red light, giving Neon and Lyra time to look over at Vinyl.

"What?" Vinyl asked, confused.

"Oh Vinyl," Octavia said, putting her hoof on Vinyl's shoulder, "I'll explain it to you later."

"Uh, okay," Vinyl said, still confused.

Everypony else just chuckled at Vinyl's cluelessness as they continued on their way to the train station.

Once they got there, Neon parked outside the station, before the five of them all entered the station.

Once they got to their track, they checked the time.

"Alright, only a few more minutes until our train gets here," Bon Bon exclaimed.

"I can't believe it's all the way out in Baltimare," Octavia commented:

"Octavia! Lyra! Bon Bon! Vinyl!"

The five turned around to see a blur of blue suddenly hit Octavia.

"Hello Beauty Brass," Octavia greeted as the mare hugged her.

"Well, isn't that a coincidence."

The group looked up to find Fredric, Harpo, and Symphony all standing there with smiles on their faces. Fredric had his hoof around Symphony.

"What are you guys doing here?" Vinyl questioned.

"We've all been invited to a party," Symphony explained holding out her invitation."

"That's odd," Octavia commented, "We've been invited to the same party."

"And it seems I am too."

Everypony turned to find Remedy Cure standing there.

"Oh! Sorry to eavesdrop," Remedy Cure apologized sheepishly.

"Okay, okay, let me get this straight," Neon started, "We've all been invited to the same party? By somepony, we don't even know?"

Everypony nodded their heads.

"Wow, this is like everypony we know," Harpo commented, "All we're missing is-"

"Me."

The ponies turned once again towards the train station, to find Caramel standing there.

"You," Vinyl almost growled.

However, Caramel wasn't paying attention to any of the glares he was getting, his eyes were only on Octavia. Said mare had her eyes on Caramel, not breaking eye contact.

Just then the train rolled in.

"All aboard! The conductor announced.

"Well," Remedy Cure started, "It seems we're in for quite an interesting night."

~•~•~•~•~

The train rolled down the track, getting closer to its destination.

"Okay," Bon Bon started, "Whoever invited us to this party, gave us all no information on who they were, and somehow rented us a private cart in the train they didn't know we would take."

"Private you say. So if there were to be a murder on this train, nopony but we would see," Lyra commented, looking straight at Caramel.

"Um, should we do something about her?" Remedy Cure asked Bon Bon, slightly concerned.

"Just ignore her. She won't do anything while I'm here," She then glared at her marefriend, "Will you Lyra?"

Lyra glanced over at Bon Bon and sighed, "No."

"Well, nopony is holding me back," Vinyl said as she started walking towards Caramel, only for Fredric and Harpo to hold her back.

"Ha! Does that mean you two broke up?!" Caramel asked, slightly ecstatic.

Octavia cringed, "I wouldn't say 'broke up'. We're just on a break."

"Wait... WHAT?!" Beauty Brass yelled, "When did this happen?!" The mare then looked over at Caramel, "I WILL KILL YOU FOR DESTROYING MY SHIP!"

Harpo quickly let go of Vinyl to grab his own marefriend, "Oh come on! I thought I was the lucky one with a sane marefriend!"

"Your first mistake was thinking Beauty Brass was a sane pony," Fredric commented dryly.

"Everypony calm down and listen to me!" Bon Bon exclaimed, "This train has two more stops before Baltimare. Canterlot and-"

"We are now making our first stop in Ponyville!" The speakers announced.

The train stopped at the Ponyville station as ponies started entering and exiting the station.

"That's it! I'm leaving!" Octavia exclaimed as she started to exit the train.

"Wait, Octy!" Vinyl pleaded, grabbing the mare's tail in her magic, "Don't you want to see how this ends?"

"Not particularly, no," Octavia commented before continuing to attempt to leave the train.

"Octavia?!"

The mare suddenly stopped when she heard her voice get called by somepony new.

"Oh Celestia no," Octavia muttered.

Lucky Streak entered the train, extremely confused to see the large group of ponies he had now associated himself with.

"THIS is what I'm trying to tell you all!" Bon Bon exclaimed, getting the group's attention again, "Whoever this pony is, they're inviting everypony in relation to Octavia and Caramel's divorce!"

"Lucky Streak," Caramel greeted, no emotion in his voice.

"Hello, Caramel," Lucky Streak greeted, slightly sheepish and slightly angry.

"Listen, Bonnie," Vinyl said, putting her hoof around the candy maker, "I can see why you're making that connection, but I think whoever this pony is just wanted to invite some ponies to a party so they would look popular and it happened to all be us! It's a perfectly normal occurren-"

"Vinyl!"

Vinyl's glasses almost fell off her face when she heard that voice.

Vinyl's mother, father, and brother all entered the train, with faces of shock and happiness.

"You were saying Vinyl?" Octavia said, looking over at the DJ.

"H-hey guys," Vinyl greeted, her voice completely laced in shock.

Long Play noticed Caramel and scoffed, "Why is he here."

"I don't know!" Neon exclaimed, "I don't know why anypony is here and it's super fucking freaky!"

"Did you not hear a thing I just said!" Bon Bon yelled, getting extremely tired.

"Wait," Symphony started in realization, "Bon Bon, where did you say the next stop was?"

"Canterlot," Bon Bon answered.

Symphony looked over at Octavia in concern, however, the cellist had already made the connection.

"Oh Celestia no," she whispered to herself.

The doors to the train closed and it continued on it's way to Baltimare.

~•~•~•~•~

"How is this even possible?!" Remedy Cure exclaimed, "How could one pony know all about Octavia's life and somehow plan this whole thing?!"

"I don't know!" Bon Bon commented, "It's impossible! Simply impossible!"

"I mean," Long Play started, "It isn't that bad. However, I suggest we throw Caramel off this train so we can enjoy our night as friends."

"I second that!" Vinyl agreed.

"Third!" Lyra continued.

"Any objections?" Long Play asked.

"YEAH! I have some objections!" Caramel yelled.

"You don't count," Lyra said, waving her hoof.

"I'll take that as no objections," Long Play said as the three started moving in on Caramel.

"Oh, would you three stop," Octavia groaned, "Just leave him alone."

"Ha!" Caramel laughed, "You heard her! Don't throw me off because she loves me!"

"I don't think that's what she said at all," Symphony commented.

"Meh, screw Octavia, let's throw him off anyway," Lyra stated as she and Long Play continued to move it.

"Nah guys," Vinyl said, putting her hooves on their shoulders, "I gotta listen to Tavi on this one."

"Wow. Do you remember Octavia forgot about you, right? Unlike me, she's never forgotten about me. It's because she loves me and not you." Caramel said.

Vinyl suddenly grabbed a chair in her magic and lifted it into the air, ready to throw it at Caramel.

"Woah, woah! Calm down!" Lucky Streak exclaimed, grabbing the chair, "Just calm down Vinyl."

Vinyl growled before placing the chair back down. She then walked over to Octavia and sat down next to her.

Octavia smiled at the DJ, who gladly returned it, "Thank you."

Vinyl chuckled, "No problem babe."

"SEE!" Beauty Brass yelled, "Even when they aren't dating they're adorable!"

"Shut up Beauty Brass," Caramel snapped.

"Hey!" Harpo exclaimed, getting out of his seat, "Don't tell her to shut up!"

Caramel just glared at the stallion for a few seconds before he sat back down in fear.

"Sorry," Harpo mumbled.

"At least you tried," Beauty Brass comforted, kissing the stallion on the cheek.

"Did you have something to do with this insane plan?" Vinyl's mother questioned, looking at Caramel.

"What? Why would you think that!?" Caramel asked.

"Well, you did have the stupid idea to POISON YOURSELF!" Neon yelled.

"Wow, and when Neon calls you stupid that means you've really fucked up," Lyra commented.

"Hey!" Neon complained.

"We are now arriving in Canterlot!"

Octavia and Symphony simultaneously gulped.

The train stopped at the station, and again ponies entered and exited the train.

"Woah, this place is fancy," A voice exclaimed as they saw the train.

"Hello, Sassaflash," The group all greeted, no longer surprised.

"Oh shit! Sup guys!" Sassaflash greeted, "Why is there like, so many ponies here?"

"Sassaflash!" Caramel exclaimed happily, "Finally' somepony ELSE I enjoy talking to!"

"Else?" Lyra questioned, "Who is the first pony?"

"My lovely wife of course!" Caramel explained.

Octavia just sighed sadly.

"Octavia! Symphony! How great it is to see both of you!"

Octavia and Symphony's parents then entered the train.

"Caramel," Octavia father said darkly, "What are you doing here?"

"I-uh- got better!" Caramel explained.

"They know you faked it Caramel," Octavia stated.

"Honestly, we have no idea why anypony is here," Bon Bon explained, "All we know is that everypony here was invited to a party and all know about Octavia's divorce."

"Caramel! What are you doing here?"

Caramel's eyes went wide in fear.

Caramel's parents entered the train, along with Cherry Fizzy.

"Oh, my!" Caramel's mother exclaimed as she saw Octavia's parents, "It's been so long since we've seen you!"

"Yes! We really need to see each other more often!" Octavia's mother exclaimed.

"Dad, be careful," Cherry Fizzy warned as the old stallion walked.

"I'll be fine, son," Caramel's father said, rolling his eyes.

"Phew!" Neon said, relieved, "Vinyl was right! It's just a bunch of random ponies! Like these old ass pon- OW!"

Neon cried in pain as Vinyl smacked his head.

"What was that for?!" Neon asked, rubbing his head.

"Those are Caramel's parents and Octy's parents," Vinyl explained.

"Oh okay... Wait then why did you hit me?!" Neon exclaimed.

"Because you called Octy's parents a bunch of old ass-"

"Vinyl," Octavia interrupted, "It's alright."

Almost instantly, Vinyl softened, "If you say so Tavi."

"Am I the only one seeing this?" Beauty Brass asked, pointing towards Vinyl and Octavia.

Octavia just raised her eyebrow, while Vinyl grinned.

"Nah," Vinyl replied, putting her hoof around Octavia making the cellist blush, "Everypony sees it, they're just too busy admiring it."

Vinyl's grin grew even more as she noticed Caramel's blood vessel looking like it was about to pop.

"Just... ignore them," Caramel explained to his parents as he laughed nervously, "They're just good friends."

"REALLY good friends," Lyra continued, making Caramel scowl.

"You could say the best of friends," Beauty Brass chimed in.

"Or even friends with benefits," Sassaflash said, shrugging.

"Ha! I wish," Vinyl laughed until Octavia smacked her upside the head.

"Wait... but you said you two were on a break!" Caramel exclaimed, turning to the two mares.

"And you just blew your cover," Lucky Streak commented.

Caramel panicked, looking over at his family, "I'm joking! I'm only joking."

The family looked over at Octavia, expectantly.

Octavia sighed, her hoof on her face, "Just tell him."

They turned back to Caramel.

"We already know about everything," Caramel's mother explained.

Caramel's jaw hit the floor.

"Can somepony please explain what in Equestria is even going on?!" Octavia's father yelled, getting eveypony's attention.

"Nope!" Sassaflash replied.

Octavia sighed again, "Maybe while we all wait here, we should go over this whole mess."

"Or, maybe we should wait until the party."

Everypony looked towards Bon Bon, who was staring out the window.

"Because something tells me that's exactly why we were called here in the first place."

~•~•~•~•~

The train finally stopped in Baltimare, after a long journey of silence.

Nopony wanted to talk, what could they say? It was all so much at once nopony knew what to do.

As the train's doors opened, the group of ponies flooded out of the train station. Once they were outside, they found a large limo.

"Greetings," The limo driver greeted, "I am here to drive you to your destination."

Vinyl and Octavia looked at one another in concern before they entered the limo.

Once everypony was in the limo, they took off towards the party.

After a half an hour of driving, they finally arrived at the mansion. It was extremely large, and a mix of modern and old. It was painted white and was lighting up like a hearth's warming eve tree.

Nopony could stop staring at it.

"Holy shit," Vinyl said in complete and utter shock, "And I thought Tavi's parent's had a nice house."

"I think we've all had some kind of drug and are now hallucinating what heaven looks like," Sassaflash suggested.

"Hopefully it's not the kind of stuff Caramel's always on," Lyra commented.

Caramel finally took his eyes off of the mansion to look over at Lyra, "Hey!"

"Let's just go inside," Remedy Cure said, taking her eyes off of the mansion as well, "I want to see what this whole thing is about."

With that said, everypony entered the mansion.

Once inside, they saw an amazing ballroom, which had a large shining light at the top.

"Greetings," A dark voice greeted, "You're probably all wondering why I've called you all here. Well, I've seen the mess you've ponies have all found yourselves in, and I decided it was high time that you all finally spoke together."

"While that's a...... kind offer," Bon Bon started, "I don't really see the point in having us all here. It's just a divorce, it'll end pretty soon."

"No, it won't!" Caramel exclaimed.

"Yes, it will, Caramel," Octavia stated, her hoof on her face.

"Yes, I know," The voice replied, "But you can't tell me that none of you have any burning questions? Or any feelings never fully expressed?"

"You're right," Caramel agreed, "Octavia, I love you more than life itse-"

"We know," Everypony said, simultaneously.

The voice sighed slightly annoyed, "Okay let me help you. Caramel, don't you wonder how your parents know about the divorce?"

"Yeah! Why is that?!" Caramel asked, looking at a now sheepish Octavia.

"Wow, so are you just here to screw Octy over more than she already is?" Vinyl asked.

"No, I'm just here to ask the unanswered questions. Like, Neon, you say you've been on Vinyl's side this whole time, but what exactly have you done to help them?"

"Hey, yeah! What have you done Neon?" Lyra asked, extremely suspicious.

Neon opened his mouth only to be interrupted by the voice.

"Those are just some examples of the questions still floating around, and I believe it is time for them to be answered! I shall leave you all alone to speak now."

With that said, the voice stopped speaking.

"Okay! I want to know how you know about my divorce," Caramel demanded, looking at his family, "And also how you know about Vinyl and Octavia!"

"Sweet Celestia Caramel, is it really that hard for you to understand?" Octavia exclaimed, "I told them!"

"You told them?!" Caramel screamed, "I told you to never fucking tell them! How dare you, you.... you, YOU FUCKING TRAITOR!"

"Caramel!" Caramel's mother exclaimed, mortified.

Octavia's father started walking over to Caramel, however, somepony beat him to it.

"Don't you ever fucking call her that you asshole!" Vinyl yelled as she punched Caramel in the face.

Lyra and Bon Bon quickly rushed over to hold Vinyl, while Cherry Fizzy and Lucky Streak rushed over to hold Caramel.

"Listen, this whole thing is honestly just a waste of time so let's get out of-" Vinyl's mother started before she found the front door to be locked, "here."

"How about you!" Caramel yelled, pointing at Neon, "Do you want to explain how you've been betraying me this whole time?!"

"Uhhhhh," Neon looked around for help, the only response he got was Octavia shaking her head.

"Yes!"

Octavia facehoofed.

"Well," Neon started, "It was my idea to reunite Vinyl's family with her father, or whatever."

Vinyl, Vinyl's mother, and Long Play's eyes all went wide in shock.

"Really?" Vinyl asked.

"Well, yeah. I mean, it was always a sensitive subject with you, so I thought it could be one way I could make it up to you," Neon explained.

Vinyl suddenly hugged the stallion, much to his surprise.

Octavia felt a pang of jealousy.

Calm down Octavia, you two are just on a break, it's not forever.

But what if Vinyl moves on?

Vinyl broke the hug with Neon, looking extremely happy.

Then I'll let her go.

"Are you alright, Octavia?" Symphony asked, looking concerned by her sister's odd look at the two DJs.

Octavia just nodded.

Before Symphony could say anything else, she was interrupted.

"Hey, voice!" Sassaflash yelled, "What do we do now?!"

"I don't think that's how it works, Sassaflash," Fredric pointed out.

"Wait," Caramel started, walking up to Sassaflash, "How about you? Have YOU been on their side too?!"

Sassaflash shrugged, "I dunno, I'm kinda doing my own thing."

"That's not surprising," Octavia's mother commented.

"Awww, you remember me!" Sassaflash exclaimed.

Octavia's father grimaced.

"Hmm, I have a question," Lucky Streak started, "What exactly is the point of Remedy Cure being here? Isn't she just Octavia's lawyer?"

"Hey!" Beauty Brass complained, "She is also our friend!"

"Also, it's not like you really have a point either," Remedy Cure commented, "You've just kind of been along for the ride because you used to be Caramel's best friend."

The two glared at one another for a long period of time.

"It doesn't really matter what we all did in the long run," Caramel's mother explained, "We all ended up here because we knew and cared about Octavia and Caramel."

"Or just Octavia," Vinyl corrected, nudging Octavia slightly.

"I wonder what this voice is expecting us to do," Bon Bon wondered.

"I think they just want us to talk," Symphony said with a shrug.

"But about what? Newsflash, there aren't many mysteries left anymore," Vinyl stated.

“Well, if we are all going to admit things,” Caramel started, “Then I must admit…. OCTAVIA DISLIKES FOALS!”

“What? Caramel! Just because I didn’t want to have foals, does not mean that I hate them,” Octavia argued.

“I don’t believe it!” Caramel exclaimed.

Octavia had her last straw, “Caramel you can’t have foals!”

The room went silent.

“What?” Caramel asked, shocked.

Octavia sighed, saying “I tried to help you by lying to you so you wouldn’t be heartbroken since I know you wanted foals! But the truth is you can’t have any.”

“I-I- you’re a bitch!” Caramel exclaimed.

Octavia froze before she started to cry slightly.

Everypony rushed over to her.

That is except for Caramel and Vinyl.

The two were too busy making eye contact.

There is one thing, Vinyl thought to herself, I never properly got my conversation with Caramel. And I think it's time I fix that.

"Yo Caramel, can I-"

"Dinner is ready!" The voice announced, scaring everypony, "We have cake!"

"Is it a lie?" Vinyl asked, a small smirk on her face.

"Nope! It's in the other room!" The voice replied before disappearing once again.

Everypony walked into the kitchen area, however, Octavia couldn't get her mind off what she thought she heard through the crowd of congratulations.

Was Vinyl going to talk to Caramel? Octavia asked herself.

The ponies then seated themselves down the long table.

On the left side of the table, from top to bottom was, Harpo, Beauty Brass, Fredric, Symphony, Octavia's father, Octavia's mother, Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra, Bon Bon. On the right side of the table, from bottom to top is Long Play, Vinyl's mother, Vinyl's father, Remedy Cure, Lucky Streak, Sassaflash, Caramel's mother, Caramel's father, Cherry Fizzy, and Caramel.

The ponies started eating, surprised to find the food not only warm but amazing. It was a five-course meal!

Vinyl started to think back to the time when she had dinner at Octavia and Caramel's. How she and Octavia held hooves under the table around when they first started dating. Vinyl had the urge to grab Octavia's hoof but resisted herself.

"Pssst, yo Vinyl."

Vinyl turned towards Lyra who was trying to get her attention.

"Is everything going to turn out well between you and Octavia?"

Vinyl sighed, shaking her head, "I don't know- wait.... why do you ask?"

Lyra lifted up a note in her magic, "Beauty Brass asked me to."

In the corner of Lyra's vision, she could she Beauty Brass slicing her hoof over her neck.

"By that, I'm assuming you mean I'm not supposed to tell Vinyl that," Lyra commented to Beauty Brass, who in response nodded her head.

"Well, divorce and affair aside, this is a lovely little get-together," Caramel's mother commented, happily.

"I agree," Octavia's mother said, taking another bite of her salad, "It's so great to have such a nice dinner with such kind ponies."

"Thank you!" The voice started, "I'm happy to see that somepony appreciates all the work I've done."

"Oh Luna and now they're talking to the voice," Octavia groaned.

Vinyl chuckled, "Wow Tavi, I thought I was the one with the crazy parents."

"If you don't mind me asking, what is the relationship between you two?" Caramel's mother asked, pointing at Vinyl's parents.

"Oh uh, we were married," Vinyl's mother started.

"But I'm gay, so- uh," Vinyl's father continued.

"So we decided to become separate!"

"But now we're together again?"

"As roommates? Yeah, roommates."

"Never mind," Vinyl commented as Octavia shot her a look.

"Oh," Caramel's mother said, "Well, um, how's the relationship between Vinyl and Octavia going?"

"Are you two thinking of marriage?!" Octavia's mother squealed.

"We aren't even divorced!" Caramel screamed.

"You will be soon," Remedy Cure whispered loud enough so Caramel could hear.

"Actually we're on a.... break right now," Octavia explained.

"Y-yeah, we don't really know when we'll start back up again," Vinyl continued.

"Finally! A good topic!" Caramel cheered.

"No! It's not! It's horrible!" Beauty Brass argued, "No ship should ever be broken!"

"If that's so then why do you think Octavia and I should get a divorce?" Caramel asked.

"Because I ship Octavia and Vinyl more," Beauty Brass explained as though it was a plain fact.

Caramel let out a roar before leaving the table.

"I'll go after him," Cherry Fizzy offered as he started to get out of his chair.

"No, I'll do it."

Everypony looked at Vinyl who was now starting to walk after him.

"Vinyl, stop," Octavia demanded, getting out of her seat as well.

Vinyl looked over at the cellist, "What?"

"What do you mean what? Vinyl, I've told you, it's too dangerous to be alone with Caramel."

"But don't you see, Tavi?" Vinyl asked, "The whole reason the voice sent us here was to tie up loose ends, and that includes mine with Caramel. Even Lyra has been able to tell him off."

Lyra just nodded proudly.

"It's my time to talk to him."

Octavia frowned, she was ready to stop Vinyl more but the voice intervened.

"Well, it seems somepony finally understand why I've called you all here," The voice commented, "Go forth, Vinyl."

Vinyl nodded with a smirk before leaving the room, leaving Octavia standing there, worried and terrified.

Vinyl walked around the mansion, trying to find where the hell Caramel had gone.

Finally, she found him standing in one of the hallways.

"You know, it's funny," Vinyl started, getting Caramel's attention, "We're the two ponies 'fighting' for Octavia's heart, yet we've never really had any time alone together."

"Probably cause Octavia knows I'll kick your ass," Caramel threatened.

Vinyl chuckled, "Let's cut the bullshit. There are some things unsaid between the two of us, and I think it's finally time that we talk."

Caramel nodded, "Alright. I think you're a fucking whore who only wants Octavia for her body."

"And I think you're a colt trapped in a stallion's body. You act childish in all the wrong ways."

"Oh, so you act childish in the right ways? Don't you find it weird how Octavia fell in love with two ponies who have similar traits?"

"Are you implying that I'm your replacement? Because in a way I am, but not because we have similar traits."

"Actually, I meant something more over the lines of, she still loves me, and just loves you because you're similar to me."

"Wow, great plan. Love how you skipped the part where you don't explain why she doesn't want to stay with you and instead goes after somepony who is 'similar' to you."

Caramel's eyes narrowed.

"By the way, what is your reason for Octavia leaving you?" Vinyl continued, "Because I put her under a spell? That can't be it since she was getting a divorce with you YEARS before she even knew me!"

"Fuck you," Caramel hissed.

"I never thought I would be the kind of pony to rationalize a situation," Vinyl laughed, "I always thought of myself as a pony who has trouble accepting new things, turns out there was somepony even worse than me."

"Get the fuck out of here before I kill you," Caramel growled, "You're a disgusting demon mare who can't ever learn to grow up."

Vinyl laughed again, "You're right. But you wanna know something? At least I don't fuck up ponies and screw them over for my own gain. You keep saying that you love Octavia, but you never know when to let her go. And you treat her like shit."

Caramel clenched his hoof.

"Octavia is the most beautiful, talented, and amazing mare to ever exist in all of Equestria. And it's sad to see that you threw her in a cage for fifteen years of her life. She deserves to be treated the way she wants to be."

Caramel started charging towards Vinyl. However, he was cut short by her magic.

"Y'know," Vinyl started, "I don't know what I was expecting to gain from this conversation. But I think I've realized something I've needed to all night."

With that said, Vinyl dropped Caramel, causing him to fall on the floor before the DJ galloped towards the group of ponies.

Downstairs, everypony waited, afraid to see what had happened between Vinyl and Caramel.

As the clock hit twelve, the doors to the mansion suddenly flung open, revealing the night sky.

"You're all free to go," The voice announced, "A limo is waiting for you outside."

"You all go," Octavia stated, "I'll stay here and wait for Vinyl."

While everypony looked unsure, they complied and made their way to the limo.

Once Octavia was alone, she sat on the floor and waited. As every second ticked by, she continued to feel more and more stressed.

"You alright babe?"

Octavia's head jerked up to find Vinyl standing there, her head tilted and a grin plastered on her face.

"Vinyl!" Octavia exclaimed, hugging the mare, "Ready to go home?"

Vinyl smirked, "Yeah, I just gotta do one thing."

Octavia's eyes went wide and a blush spread across her face and she felt Vinyl press her lips against her's.

She hadn't felt that sensation in weeks, and yet it felt just the same as before. Just as amazing as before.

Octavia sighed once they broke from the kiss.

"Let's go," Vinyl said, laying her head against Octavia's.


Meanwhile, a few minutes before Vinyl and Octavia kissed, Beauty Brass was sitting in the bushes using binoculars to watch them. Lyra stared down at Beauty Brass in shame.

“You do realize they can’t see you? You don’t have to sit in the bushes,” Lyra pointed out.

“SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Beauty Brass hushed.

She continued to watch until she saw the two kiss.

“MY SHIP LIVES!” Beauty Brass screamed as she threw the binoculars, which ended up hitting Lyra in the face.

“OW! What the hell!” Lyra yelled.

Vinyl, Octavia, Lyra, and Beauty Brass then walked to the limo, entered, and the limo drove away.

Meanwhile, inside the mansion, Caramel walked outside to find a cheap looking taxi waiting for him.

There was a note on the door which said,

"Hope you enjoyed your night! Especially that fun talk with Vinyl. And yes, I planned for this."

Caramel ripped off the note from the door as he started to sob. And he didn't stop sobbing until he fell asleep when he was finally back home in Mainhatten, and only after finding out Octavia wasn't home.

Author's Note:

Yay! Happy ending for this chapter! :pinkiehappy:

I had so much fun writing this chapter (Especially the train scenes). I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Now it is time, time for questions! :raritystarry:

Please! I beg of you alllllll! Comment your questions about Refound Love, Divina and I are DYING to answer some!

I would like to again thank you all for your support on this story! It's the reason this story has been around for so long. I can't believe it is ending.

Oh, you're probably wondering about that.:twilightsheepish: Well... On May 5th, the anniversary of this story, I will release the last chapter, and the epilogue for this story. In the author's note will also be the video of Divina and I talking about Refound Love (for hopefully not too long).

I shall see you all on May 5th! :twilightsmile: