• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 30

"Perfect, I'm halfway done," Octavia announced to herself as the elevator went up.

She had spent yesterday working on her divorce papers while she was sick. Although it was not as fun as the time Vinyl spent with her it was still very useful.

Octavia stepped out of the elevator as it finally reached the office floor.

"Ok, now the next step is-" Octavia started when she was suddenly hit by something. She heard a small thud on the floor and she looked down to find a dart.

"What in Equestria," Octavia mumbled to herself as she examined the dart.

"ACK!" Octavia jumped as she heard somepony cry out in pain. She looked around until she heard chuckling from below her.

"Hey, Octavia! Long time no see!" Lyra greeted from the floor.

"Greetings, Lyra. May I ask why there are darts everywhere and why you are holding a toy gun?" Octavia asked, tilting her head.

"It's our annual nerf war!" Lyra exclaimed.

"And I’m guessing you’re out?" Octavia assumed to which Lyra nodded.

"Yep, we're all getting crushed by-"

"HA!" Vinyl laughed, "That's the best you've got?! Come at me!"

Octavia looked up to find Vinyl hiding behind one of the desks. The DJ turned and locked eyes with the cellist. In a blink of an eye, Octavia was on the floor with a happy unicorn crushing her.

"Tavi! You're back!" Vinyl said happily as she hugged the mare.

"It's nice to see you too Vinyl, but could you please get off of me," Octavia pleaded as she was losing air.

Vinyl jumped off and held out a hoof so Octavia could pull herself up.

"Sorry, I'm just happy to-" Vinyl started until all of a sudden, she pulled Octavia to the ground with her.

"Ah, Vinyl! What are you doing?" Octavia demanded.

"Shhh!" Vinyl shushed, "Ws need to keep our eyes opened, she could be anywhere."

"Who could be anywhere?" Octavia asked.

"The one who wins every year. The same pony who killed Lyra. I mean she brutally killed her! There were guts and-"

"Vinyl, Lyra is fine. I assumed you were the one wreaking havoc. So, who is this pony that somehow is beating the 'great DJ PON3'?"

"It's-" Vinyl stopped and her face went white. The unicorn then dramatically dropped to the ground as she clutched her chest.

"No! I've been shot!" Vinyl coughed, "You have to go on without me Octy! Don't worry, I'll be fine. I've always l-" Vinyl stopped speaking as she 'died'.

Octavia sighed, "Seriously Vinyl? You don't need to be so dramatic."

Octavia then felt a slight pressure hit her skin before another small thud was heard, she turned around to find Bon Bon holding a giant nerf gun.

"I win," Bon Bon stated in an almost evil tone.

Octavia sighed again, "Hello Bon Bon."

"Hello, Octavia!" Bon Bon greeted in her normal cheery voice, "I'm glad to see you're doing better!"

Octavia smiled, "Thanks. Might I ask why everypony is acting like we are in some kind of war?"

"We do this every year. It's our way of letting out some steam," Bon Bon explained, "As for why they act so dramatic, I have no clue."

"Cause it's fun," Vinyl replied, getting up from the floor.

"Seriously Bonnie, where did you learn to use a nerf gun like that? I've never seen anypony so good since the military!" Lyra exclaimed as she got up at well.

Bon Bon blushed, "That's sweet of you to say Lyra, but-"

"Oh Luna, save it for the bedroom," Vinyl groaned.

"Says the pony who talks about fucking Octavia all the time," Lyra snapped.

"What?!" Octavia exclaimed, causing Vinyl's face to go white...er.

"Heh, Tavi we can talk about this," Vinyl started, backing up.

Octavia didn't say anything, only glared and slowly walked towards her.

"I will kill you," Octavia said in the surest voice Vinyl had ever heard.

This was enough to cause Vinyl to start running, Octavia close behind.

"Vinyl never talks about sleeping with Octavia," Bon Bon said, looking over to her marefriend.

Lyra grinned, "I know, I just wanted to screw Vinyl over."

Meanwhile, Vinyl had made it back to her office and was trying to shut the door, however, Octavia was too fast.

Octavia crashed into Vinyl and the two tumbled onto the floor.

The two sat there on the floor for awhile. Vinyl was waiting for Octavia to kill her, but the cellist didn't do anything.

"You.... don't really talk about that, do you?" Octavia asked in a demanding tone.

Vinyl shook her head, "Nah, Lyra was just messing with you. I went along with it cause it seemed like fun."

Octavia rolled her eyes while Vinyl just smirked.

"I'm glad you're feeling better Octy," Vinyl said, nuzzling the cellist affectionately.

Octavia sighed contently as she enjoyed the moment with her marefriend. However, this moment was cut short as the door opened.

"Hey, Octavia, you dropped this," Lyra said, dropping the papers right by the two mares.

Vinyl grinned, "Did Bonnie get mad at you for teasing Tavi?"

Lyra smirked, "Yeah, but she said I'd get sexy times if I returned these papers."

"I did not need to hear that," Octavia commented as she straightened her papers.

Lyra's eyebrow raised, "Why are you two on the floor?"

"We were about to have se- OW!" Vinyl was cut off as Octavia hit her, "I mean... Octy was going to murder me."

Lyra snorted, "That sounds pretty accurate."

And with that, the green unicorn left the room.

"What are those?" Vinyl asked as Octavia got up from the floor.

Octavia sighed, "Divorce papers. I am working on serving Caramel."

"Serving Caramel? Like, serving him food or sexually?" Vinyl smirked.

Octavia rolled her eyes at the terrible joke before explaining, "When you serve somepony in a divorce, you first fill out some documents. Once you finish, you have to get them notarized by a notary. They will then hopefully serve the pony, which means they swear they sent the papers to Caramel. Once that is finished, you file it with the court."

"Ohhhhhhh," Vinyl said before she paused, "I don't get it."

Octavia sighed and then chuckled, "It doesn't matter Vinyl. All that matters is I am closer to getting a divorce with Caramel."

"So wait, does that mean you guys will be divorced in like a few months or so?" Vinyl asked, excited.

Octavia cringed, "No, you see, there are two types of divorces. Contested and uncontested. Uncontested divorces are when both ponies agree on the divorce, while contested means one of the ponies is fighting the divorce. The problem is, contested divorces basically means that I will have to meet with a judge more than if it was uncontested," Octavia sighed, "Which means it will take longer."

"Oh," Vinyl replied, her ears folded and her excitement gone.

Octavia sighed again, "Yes, and it will be even harder since I don't have a lawyer."

"Why don't you have a lawyer?" Vinyl questioned, tilting her head.

"I can't afford one Vinyl. I mean, it's not impossible to get a divorce without a lawyer but it will be harder."

"I can help you hire one," Vinyl offered, nuzzle Octavia on the cheek.

"Oh Vinyl, that's very sweet but this is my problem, not yours. I could not possibly ask you to pay for a lawyer," Octavia explained.

"But I want to! I want this to end, I want us to be able to date without a constant fear of Caramel doing something," Vinyl argued.

Octavia gave a sad smile before kissing Vinyl. "I know, I do too," Octavia said as she broke the short kiss.

Just then, the door to the office opened again. Lyra was on the other side again, except this time she was holding a phone in her magic.

"You got a call Oct- OH SHIT," Lyra shouted as she was almost hit by something. The unicorn looked down and smirked. "Hey Vinyl, you threw the same porn magazine that I threw at you when Octavia first came here."

"Wha- GIVE ME THAT!" Vinyl exclaimed as she chased after the laughing unicorn.

Octavia walked towards the door and watched the two unicorns chase. She shook her head before she picked up the phone from the floor.

"Hello?" Octavia asked through the phone.

"Hello, sweetheart. I was wondering if we could continue to discuss our plans. I also have a question to ask you," A stallion responded from the other side of the phone.

Octavia sighed, "Hello father. I was guessing you would call again soon. What did you want to ask me?"

"Do you remember that marriage counseling visit you and Caramel had? You never told me about it, I would like to know what happened," Octavia's father explained.

"Oh! Well, Caramel and I basically told the mare there, I believe her name was Remedy Cure, about our relationship. After a while I sort of... lost my temper, and stormed out."

"That's all? The mare didn't even give you advice?" Octavia's father asked, shocked.

Octavia shook her head before realizing her father could not see, "No father, may I ask why you wanted to ask me about that topic in particular?"

"Well," The father started, "they want to make another appointment."

Octavia opened her mouth to deny their offer but her father kept speaking.

"Alone."

"I beg your pardon?" Octavia asked, surprised.

"They would like to have a session with just you alone," He repeated.

"Oh, well I guess that's alright. May I ask when they would like to?"

"Next week," Octavia's father answered.

"Oh, alright. I'll be there. Now, what did you want to discuss about the dinner?"

"Oh! Well, your mother and I were wondering if Symphony will be joining us."

Octavia facehoofed. I forgot to invite Symphony!

"She has not answered yet, I will tell you as soon as I know," Octavia replied.

"Alright good. If we have any more questions, we'll be sure to let you know. Goodbye, Octavia, I love you."

"I love you too father, have a nice evening."

And with that, Octavia hung up the phone.

The cellist let out a sigh as she made a mental list of the things she had to do today.

I shall wait until lunch to talk to Symphony. After that, I should probably continue my work on these divorce papers.

Octavia's train of thought was broken by the door as Vinyl opened it.

"Well, I got my magazine back. I also got hit a lot by Bonnie," Vinyl announced as she rubbed the back of her head, the magazine in her magic.

Octavia raised her eyebrow, "Why did you want to get the magazine back so badly?"

Vinyl grinned, "So I can keep it forever and then one day when you bring over your boss I can creepily show it off."

Vinyl and Octavia shared a laugh.

"Nah, I just don't want the rest of my workers to see them," Vinyl said as she put a hoof around Octavia.

"If you don't want them to see it, then you should probably do a better job of hiding them," Octavia pointed out, giggling slightly.

"Good idea Tavi. You can take them home with you so you can study them for the next time we have some fun in bed," Vinyl teased, giving Octavia a sexual look.

Octavia's giggling stopped as she smacked Vinyl on the chest.

"Well, I better get to work. I don't want to have anything left to do tonight," Vinyl stated as she walked towards her desk.

"You actually want to do your work? Where are you and what have you done with Vinyl," Octavia teased.

"Don't worry Octy, this is a one in a lifetime thing."

"I better treasure this moment then."

They both chuckled.

"You better finish your work too, so you aren't busy tonight," Vinyl said.

Wait, is there something going on tonight? Did I forget a date we are having or something?

Vinyl noticed Octavia's confused look and smirked.

"Wow Octy, I thought I would be the one who forgets our date," The DJ teased, "Tonight's the musical duel between Fredric and Concert."

"Concerto," Octavia corrected in an unamused voice.

Vinyl waved her hoof, "Yeah yeah, Concert is much easier to say."

"Vinyl, there is just one more letter at the end, it's not that hard," Octavia said, annoyed.

"Whatever, just get to work so we can see your imbecile-"

"Ensemble," Octavia argued, her voice rising.

"Imbeclien."

Octavia groaned causing Vinyl to smirk.

"Goodbye Vinyl."

"See ya Tavi!" Vinyl waved.

Before Octavia left the room, she heard Vinyl call her name.

"Wait, Octy!"

"Yes Vinyl?" Octavia asked, turning towards Vinyl.

"I- uh," Oh come on dude! Just say it! Just say those three easy words! "I.... like you."

"I like you too?" Octavia replied in a confused tone as she left the room.

Once the door shut, Vinyl let out an annoyed sigh.

Seriously?

What?! I said two out of the three words, I should get some credit!

Meanwhile, outside, Octavia stood by the door as she thought about what just happened.

Was... was she going to say I love you?

Not now, Octavia, we need to focus on our work. We can think about this tomorrow.

~•~•~•~•~

Work carried on as normal. However, Octavia couldn't stop thinking about what had happened before she left Vinyl's office. This led to some awkward interactions between the two mares, almost every time they saw one another.

However, other than that everything was about the same.

Once lunch finally came around, Octavia grabbed her coat and started making her way to the theater her ensemble works at.

Once she got there, she realized the theater seemed... quiet.

Octavia walked around until she found about half of her ensemble, playing cards.

"So, what is this game again?" Symphony asked.

"You pick two random cards and figure out if they are a compatible relationship or not by reading the facts about them!" Beauty Brass explained.

"Why couldn't we just play charades," Harpo poured.

"You just want to have a chance to play your favorite movie characters again, Harpo," Octavia teased, causing all three ponies to jump.

"Octavia! What are you doing here?" Symphony asked.

"I wanted to ask if you can come to a dinner with Vinyl and me next week," Octavia explained, blushing slightly.

"What?!" Beauty Brass explained getting out of her seat, "No way! You two need to spend that time alone doing romantic things!"

"It's not a romantic dinner, Beauty," Octavia stated, "It's the dinner between our families."

"Ohhhh," Beauty Brass said in understanding.

"Of course Octavia!" Symphony exclaimed, "Only if I can spend the rest of today hidden inside your apartment."

"I guess that's al-" Octavia started before she was interrupted.

"NO!" Beauty Brass yelled, "Symphony cannot miss the love duel!"

"But I don't want to go!" Symphony whined.

As the two mares argued, Harpo walked up to Octavia.

"They've been like this all day, it's best if you run while you can," Harpo explained.

Octavia nodded her head before she snuck out of the theater.

~•~•~•~•~

Once Octavia returned from the theater, she continued to work.

The day went on normal until the office came to a close.

"So, you ready for this amazing battle of the bands?" Vinyl asked, bumping Octavia on the side.

Octavia chuckled slightly, "Well, I did already see how Symphony is taking this. Just by that reaction alone, I know this will be very interesting."

Vinyl smirked before the two started walking to the theater.

"Where's Lyra and Bon Bon?" Octavia asked, looking around.

"They're going to meet us at the theater," Vinyl replied, "Beaut is taking my employees, I swear."

Octavia giggled at that comment, causing Vinyl to smile.

The two continued to walk in silence until something entered Octavia's mind once again.

"Hey Vinyl, why were you acting so oddly before?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl immediately stiffened, "I thought I always act oddly."

Octavia's eyes narrowed slightly, that answer was definitely forced.

"Vinyl, is something going on?" Octavia asked, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah I know, I- I just- I l... No," Vinyl commanded as she stopped walking.

Octavia froze as she watched her marefriend, slightly worried. "Vinyl?"

"Listen, Octavia, I lo-"

"There you guys are! C'mon! The duels about to start!" Lyra exclaimed.

"Oh! Sorry Lyra! Yep, I'll go inside now!" Vinyl stammered as she quickly went inside the building.

Octavia frowned before she too walked inside.

Once they got inside, they found Harpo, Bon Bon, and Symphony all sitting in the middle of the seats. On stage, Fredric and Concerto were readying their instruments, both occasionally glaring at one another.

Symphony noticed the mares walking in, and immediately jumped up from her seat and galloped over to her sister.

"Thank Celestia you're here, I am panicking. Help me! You've dealt with this before, you have a husband and marefriend, GIVE ME ADVICE!" Symphony pleaded.

Octavia glared slightly at her sister before sighing, "Symphony, I have no advice I CAN give you. My situation is completely different, in the sense that I only like ONE of the ponies who is attracted to me."

"And luckily, I'm that one," Vinyl announced happily as she put her hoof around Octavia.

Octavia rolled her eyes before continuing, "If you want them to stop, you need to pick one of them. Or pick neither."

"Well, actually, they could be one of those couples who have like, multiple relationships," Lyra interjected.

Symphony sighed, "You're right, I guess I'll talk to them-"

"Attention, fillies and gentlecolts!" Beauty Brass announced from the stage, "It is time for the musical duel to begin!"

The lights turned off and two spotlights flashed onto Fredric and Concerto.

Symphony gulped before they all sat down in their seats as they waited for the show to start.

Once everypony was in their positions, Beauty Brass cleared her throat.

"Concerto will go first because.... alphabetical order."

Concerto smirked, causing Fredric to glare at him.

Concerto then started playing. Once he finished Fredric played. They each played one last time before they finished.

The whole time, Symphony had tears in her eyes from how amazing the pieces of music were. Octavia could tell by how Symphony's face kept changing, that she was having more and more trouble choosing which stallion.

Once Fredric finished his final song, the two stallions looked towards the audience. Everypony looked over at Symphony who was trying to sink further into her chair.

"Wait, so, how do we know who wins this duel?" Bon Bon asked.

"Symphony has to choose!" Beauty Brass announced from the stage.

"I hate my life," Symphony mumbled as she sunk into her chair.

"Well Symphony, who do you choose?" Concerto asked.

Symphony's response was to bury her face into Octavia’s neck. Octavia patted her sister's back before she let out a sigh.

"This is a stupid idea, you two need to wait for Symphony to make her own decisions," Octavia said.

"Or you can both take her out on a date," Bon Bon suggested, "That way, she can see how you two are in a relationship environment."

Concerto and Fredric looked at one another, both glaring slightly.

"Fine," They both said in an angry tone.

Symphony sighed, "Thank you, Octavia."

Octavia smiled at her sister.

"But which one of us played better?" Concerto persisted.

"In my opinion, you both suck," Vinyl replied with a shrug.

"Vinyl!" Octavia scolded.

"We weren't asking you," Fredric said, annoyed.

"You guys were meh," Lyra replied.

"We are asking Symphony!" Concerto explained, his voice rising.

"Or Octavia!" Fredric interjected.

"That's an idea. How about you end up with Octavia and I'll go with Symphony," Concerto suggested causing Fredric to glare at him.

Octavia opened her mouth to respond but Vinyl beat her to it.

"If Fredric wants to try to date Octy, he'll have to go through me," Vinyl paused, "And also Caramel, I guess."

Octavia blushed slightly at that, while Beauty Brass internally celebrated.

"How about Concerto takes Symphony out on Saturday while Fredric takes her out Sunday," Bon Bon said.

"But that's not fair, if they decide to have sexy times, Fredric and Symphony will have work the next day," Vinyl argued.

Symphony looked at the DJ mortified, while Octavia just looked at her marefriend with a look of 'I'm not surprised anymore'.

"Well then, I guess this whole musical duel was for nothing," Fredric stated as he started to put away his things.

"Not really," Symphony argued, "You two played amazing. And in a way, I could tell you guys opened up your souls to me when you played."

Fredric and Concerto both blushed but said nothing.

And with that, the ponies all went home.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia let out a sigh of relief as she finally got home.

On her way there, she and Vinyl stopped at a grocery store and picked up some food. Vinyl wanted to come over to Octavia's apartment to spend the night. The cellist was a little tempted but denied the offer as Caramel was most likely already there.

Octavia could hear the sound of a shower and the sound of Caramel's horrible singing as she walked by.

Octavia wanted to go straight to bed, however, she noticed some mail on the table.

She walked over to the table and started going through the mail. Although most of them were bills, one thing caught her eye.

"It's... my old high school," Octavia said to herself in shock.

She quickly pulled the paper out of the letter, which had already been opened, and read it.

Once she finished, she put the paper down and sat on the table to think about what she had just read.

"A high school reunion.... and Caramel has already read it,"

"Bloody hell."

Author's Note:

If you saw the reference, comment it below :twilightsmile:

So, this chapter was mostly made to set up some future story points.

I know how I want to end this story, but there are still a lot of things I want to do with it first. The problem is trying to connect all of them.

Thank you all again for your support, I am so glad that you all enjoy the story :pinkiehappy:

See you all next week! :twilightsmile: