• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Prologue

15 years ago:

"You may kiss the bride," The priest announced.

The two ponies then sealed their lips, a kiss that was a promise of a new life.

It was greatest day of Octavia's life, after many failed relationships, she had finally found the one, having the happily ever after that all those fairy tales promised, she was joyfilled.

Before Caramel and Octavia gotten married, Caramel proposed to Octavia only a few months into their relationship.

Octavia declined, saying that she was not ready, so he waited.

From that day on, Caramel proposed to Octavia every single day for a whole year. It was literally just like a fairy tale, the handsome prince waiting for his princess to become his queen and wife.

But there was one problem.

Real life does not end after happily ever after.

Life keeps going on, and sometimes it will keep going down hill.

10 years ago:

It has been five years since Octavia and Caramel been married.

At this point, Octavia imagined the two of them happily together somewhere, whether it was a beach or a cruise, or even at home. It didn't matter where, as long as they were together.

But today on this special day, Octavia was alone.

Caramel had been working all the time, he was never around to help with anything, not even when Octavia was extremely sick, her ensemble took care of her instead.

Octavia felt alone, abandoned even. She was unhappy.

So today, she was going to tell Caramel that.

Caramel promised to meet her at a restaurant for a romantic dinner. Octavia waited hours, ate by herself and left.

She stayed awake until very late into the night in order to speak to Caramel.

At around one in the morning, Caramel came home, and Octavia told him that she was unhappy.

He then started sobbing, begging for her to give him a second chance.

She agreed.

As she fell asleep in Caramel's hooves that night she believed it was a new start, and that their marriage would be saved.

But just like at her wedding, she was wrong.

1 year ago:

Octavia was done.

She had given up.

After that night when she told Caramel she was unhappy, it only became worse.

Unlike before where Caramel was never around, now he was always around. Before Octavia was always alone, now she was never alone. Caramel would force Octavia to spend all her time with him.

When Octavia would go out to see her friends, he would accuse her of not loving him and being cruel.

Caramel would constantly smother her. He would hug her and kiss her and never give her some space.

He would keep buying Octavia things, and if Octavia didn't pay enough attention to him, he would sob and roll on the floor like a foal.

When Octavia wanted to spend more time with Caramel, she never wanted this. Octavia never pictured her life in this mess.

Octavia had given up. She would never be happy.

When she tried to sort it out, Caramel became worse.

Octavia now could never be alone, even when she tried to get a divorce.

Caramel would not agree to the divorce, which meant that in order to get a divorce it would be not only hard but would cost a lot of money.

And so it seems Octavia would never be happy again.

And that is where our story begins