• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 23

It had been a few days since everypony had returned to Mainhatten from Canterlot and life was getting back on track for everypony.

The ensemble continued to prepare for new members, Caramel started working again (thank Celestia), and Vinyl's office was back to its normal ways.

Although everything seemed to be going smoothly, there was a lingering feeling that something was going on... Which caused the employees to start to question their boss.

Now, they didn't think she was doing anything illegal, but they could tell that something was going on between her and their coworker, Octavia.

This was only made worse by the fact that the two mares seemed to be avoiding one another. This caused them all to think that they were avoiding one another in order to not cause any suspicion. But, there was actually another reason for this.

"I am so bored!" Vinyl whined as she smacked her head down onto her desk.

"Well then, maybe next time you will think about this before you decide to take another week of work off," Bon Bon commented with a glare.

Vinyl lifted her head from the desk. "It's not my fault that Caramel brought Neon here."

"That's true," Bon Bon agreed, "but you should have at least told us you needed a break or something! You scared everypony, especially Octavia!"

Vinyl's ears fell and she frowned. "Yeah."

"How are you and Octavia? It seems like you two are avoiding each other."

Vinyl raised her eyebrow, "What gave you that idea?"

Bon Bon opened her mouth but shut it when she heard the office door open.

"Hello, Bon Bon, hello Vinyl," Octavia greeted with a smile as she walked into the office.

"Hey, Tavi!" Vinyl replied with an enthusiastic wave.

"Oh! Hello, Octavia!" Bon Bon said with a smile, "I was worried you and Vinyl were avoiding one another."

Octavia raised an eyebrow, "What in Equestria made you think that?"

"Well, you two haven't said anything to each other all week since you got back from Canterlot," Bon Bon explained.

"Yeah Tavi, you haven't been giving me attention," Vinyl pouted, causing Octavia to giggle.

"That's because I don't want to distract you from your work," Octavia replied.

"Well, you are pretty distracting," Vinyl said with a grin causing Octavia to blush.

"I can see you two want to talk, I'll be with Lyra if you need me," Bon Bon said as she excused herself and left the room.

Once the mare was gone Octavia walked up to her marefriend, sat next to the DJ, and looked at the work on Vinyl's desk.

"How is it going?" Octavia asked, looking over to Vinyl.

"It's boring," Vinyl replied, slightly annoyed. She then turned to the cellist with a grin, "But it's much better now that you're here."

Octavia smiled and nestled her head under Vinyl's and closed her eyes. She then let out a content sigh.

After a few moments of silence, Vinyl spoke.

"How's Caramel?" Vinyl asked as she started working on her paperwork again.

Octavia then sighed again, "He is being his regular clingy self, which I guess is a good thing since at least he is not going all over Equestria with Neon trying to ruin your life."

Vinyl nodded. "Yeah.... How is Caramel... Himself?"

Octavia moved her head and looked at her marefriend with both confusion and disgust. "Since when did you start caring about Caramel?"

"Well... It's just that....," Vinyl paused to let out a sigh, "I've been thinking, and I feel kind of sorry for him."

Octavia opened her mouth to respond but Vinyl continued before she had the chance.

"It's just that, I've been in his position. I know how it feels to learn somepony you care for has been cheating on you and it sucks. I hate that feeling."

Octavia closed her mouth and thought about the words Vinyl had said.
The mood of the room quickly changed back to how it was during the weekend; the mood of uncertainty and regret.

Feeling this change Vinyl quickly started grinning.

"And also, I feel bad because he could never stand up to me."

Vinyl smiled as she heard her marefriend let out a chuckle.

"You always have to stroke your ego after everything you say, don't you?" Octavia asked, smiling at the DJ.

Vinyl shrugged. "It's a gift."

Octavia let out a sigh before placing her head back to where it was a few minutes prior.

"When are you guys going to start the marriage concealing?" Vinyl said, breaking the silence again.

Octavia cringed. "I forgot to tell you.... Didn't I?"

Vinyl looked over at the cellist with confusion, giving Octavia her answer.

Octavia let out a sigh, "Blast."

"Did your father cancel it?" Vinyl asked, a small amount of hope washing over her.

"Not... Exactly," Octavia replied, "It's starting after work today."

Vinyl frowned and her ears folded before she looked down to the desk.

"Oh..."

Octavia frowned at the sight of her marefriend. She quickly looked at the clock, getting an idea.

"How about this," Octavia started, causing the DJ to face her once again, "For lunch today, I will cook you whatever you want."

Vinyl's eyes went wide and her ears snapped back up. A giant smile, similar to a foal's, was plastered on the unicorn's face, "Really?!"

Octavia smiled at the enthusiasm that had returned to Vinyl, "Yes Vinyl, but first, we need to go to the store in order to buy the food."

In a flash, the DJ had jumped to her hooves before grabbing her black leather coat and galloping out of the room.

Octavia got up to her hooves before she started to chuckle.

"Sometimes, you are too easy Vinyl."

With that, Octavia followed after her very happy marefriend.

~•~•~•~•~

"Hey Bonnie," Lyra greeted as she walked into the kitchen area.

"Hello, Lyra!" Bon Bon greeted happily while she organized the food in the cabinets.

"What are you doing in here? I thought you were helping Vinyl in her office," Lyra asked as she sat at the table.

"I was, but Octavia came in and I decided I should leave those two alone," Bon Bon explained.

Just then, they heard the sound of galloping hooves run past the kitchen area and towards the elevators, at the same time, they saw a white blob go past the entrance to the kitchen. A few moments later, they saw Octavia walk by, a smile on her face and her purple coat on.

Once she was out of sight, Lyra and Bon Bon looked at one another with a knowing smile.

"Those two are so cute," Bon Bon commented before going back to her work.

"Yeah," Lyra agreed.

"They sure are," A third voice agreed, causing the two to jump.

They turned to find a very familiar blue mare standing by the front of the door.

"BEAUTY?!" They both yelled at the same time.

"Hi!" Beauty Brass greeted with a smile.

"What in Equestria are you doing here?!" Lyra asked.

"We have a problem!" Beauty explained, before seating herself at the table.

"What is it? Did Caramel contact more ponies? Did Neon get Vinyl drunk and sleep with her? Did-"

"What? No! This has nothing to do with Vinyl and Octavia!" Beauty Brass said, interrupting Lyra.

Lyra and Bon Bon looked at one another before looking back to Beauty Brass.

"So... What is the problem?" Bon Bon asked after a moment.

"The love triangle!" Beauty explained.

The... What?" Lyra asked. In response, Beauty took out a piece of paper that showed all of their friends with different colored lines connecting certain ponies.

"Beauty... What is this?" Bon Bon asked, slightly fearful.

"My shipping chart!" Beauty Brass explained with a smile.

"And.... What do we have to do with it?" Lyra asked, fearful as well.

Beauty then pointed to a stallion who the mares recognized as Fredric. Fredric had a pink line arrow pointing to a yellow mare who had the name 'Symphony' under her. There was another pink arrow pointing to Symphony but this one was from another brown pony that had the name 'Concerto' under him.

"Concerto?" Bon Bon asked, "Isn't that one of your new ensemble members?"

"Yep!" Beauty Brass replied.

"So... What does this mean?" Lyra asked, pointing to the pink arrows.

"The pink arrows indicate who somepony has a crush on," Beauty Brass explained, "For you two to fully understand, I will explain what happened earlier today."

~•~•~•~•~

"We need to be in tip-top shape to welcome our new ensemble members. Make sure all the instruments are tuned and are ready for playing!" Fredric commanded as he paced back and forth in the concert hall.

"Why are you so nervous Fredric, they aren't going to just leave because we were a little unprepared," Harpo commented as he watched the stallion.

"He's nervous because his marefriend is going to-" Beauty Brass started in a teasing voice before she let out a squeak when she was almost hit by a conductor stick.

Fredric glared at the mare, while Beauty Brass hid behind a chair in fear.

Just then, they heard a knock at the door, and Fredric practically galloped towards the door.

Harpo got up from his seat, went over to Beauty Brass, and helped his marefriend up from the floor.

"Are you okay?" Harpo asked.

Beauty Brass nodded before kissing Harpo on the cheek, "I'm fine! I'm used to almost getting hit by Octavia,"

"Wow you're lucky, I always get hit. Well.... Not as much as Vinyl I presume," Harpo said, causing Beauty Brass to let out a giggle.

The two ponies heard the sound of somepony clearing their voice. They turned to find Fredric standing there.

"Are you two done?" Fredric asked, causing Beauty Brass to glare at him.

"Shouldn't we have waited for Octavia to be here before the new members came?" Beauty Brass asked.

“We could not sadly. If Octavia chooses to spend time with that marefriend of hers, she can," Fredric responded, causing Beauty to glare more.

"Where are they, anyway?" Harpo asked.

Fredric let out a chuckle, "Why they are right next-"

Fredric paused when he turned to find nopony next to him.

Fredric then turned around and found Symphony and Concerto moving at a slow pace towards them, the two wrapped up in a conversation.

Harpo grinned, "Ooohhhh~ Looks like Freddy's got some competition."

Fredric gritted his teeth.

Beauty Brass looked between Fredric and the two ponies who were obviously enjoying each other's company before she let out a gasp and ran out of the building.

~•~•~•~•~

"So.... You just left your whole ensemble in the middle of practice to come and tell us about some love triangle?" Lyra asked once the story finished.

"Yep!" Beauty Brass replied with a grin.

"I thought you hated Fredric, why would you help him?" Bon Bon asked, tilting her head.

"I don't HATE Fredric, I am just upset with him at the moment. And I am not helping Fredric, I just want you two to help me find out who Symphony likes back!" Beauty Brass replied.

The two ponies looked at one another before facehoofing.

"What?" Beauty Brass asked.

~•~•~•~•~

"Vinyl!" Octavia yelled as Vinyl threw another thing into the cart.

"What? You said you would make me anything for lunch!" Vinyl pouted.

"Yes I did, but I am not going to make you a whole meal!" Octavia replied, her voice still loud.

Vinyl sighed before she used her magic to lift the item out of the cart, "Fine..."

"Good," Octavia said, nodding her head.

The two continued to make their way down the aisle. Vinyl looking at everything on the shelves, probably wanting to eat it all, and Octavia watched Vinyl, to make sure she wouldn't try to get more things into the cart that they didn't need.

"Can I at least have this?" Vinyl asked, lifting up a box of cake mix.

"Vinyl, I am not going to make you a whole cake," Octavia said, annoyed.

Vinyl groaned, "But everything you are willing to make is so.... Gross!"

"Vinyl! You haven't even tried half of the things I suggested," Octavia argued.

"That may be true, but I can tell by the way they look that they'll be bad!" Vinyl explained.

"The only things you want are foods that have sugar in them."

"Not the pizza!" Vinyl argued.

"Okay, MOST of the things. The rest are too much for me to make for a single pony," Octavia responded.

Vinyl let out a sigh before she started to put the box of cake back. She then paused.

"How about, you make me the cake," Vinyl started, putting her arm around the cellist, "And in return, I'll give you something to eat tonight~" Vinyl then started nuzzling behind Octavia's ear.

In Vinyl's past experience of relationships, this would have worked one hundred percent. However, the only pony she had dated before Octavia was Neon, which she realized once Octavia smacked Vinyl.

"Ow!" Vinyl cried as she rubbed her head.

Octavia was glaring daggers at her marefriend and she had a burning blush across her face.

"Vinyl! Why in Equestria would you think that was a smart idea?! And why the bloody hell would you do that to me in a STORE!" Octavia yelled, her voice full of anger.

"Uh.... Because it worked on other ponies?" Vinyl replied with a sheepish smile. Octavia let out a groan of anger before she continued down the aisle.

Octavia was still mad as she walked, she was so mad that she didn't realize that Vinyl had stopped walking with her. Octavia turned to find Vinyl looking down sadly at her hooves. She resembled a dog who had been yelled at and now had their tail between their legs.

Octavia let out a sigh. In the time she had spent with Vinyl, she was quickly learning how the mare worked. She had learned that Vinyl almost never had bad intentions, and most of the stupid things she did were a result of her not thinking them through.

"How about I make you a carrotdog and some fries for lunch?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl looked up, a glint of happiness in her eyes, "Okay, sure."

Octavia smiled, and she continued down the aisle towards the area where the ingredients were.

As Octavia searched for the things needed, she felt somepony tap her shoulder. Octavia turned to find Vinyl holding a cookie in her magic and she had a sheepish smile on her face.

"Uh, apology cookie?" Vinyl offered.

Octavia smiled. There was another thing she learned about Vinyl, that even when she makes a mistake, she will always try to fix it.

Octavia leaned in and took a bite of the cookie. Once she swallowed it, she looked over at Vinyl who was smiling a relieved smile.

~•~•~•~•~

"Huh, I would have thought Lyra and Bon Bon would be here," Vinyl commented.

Vinyl and Octavia had come back to the office from the supermarket. Once they got back, they went straight to the kitchen where Octavia started cooking for Vinyl. When they got to the office, Vinyl noticed how almost all of her employees were eyeing them, as if watching and hoping something would happen.

"It is quite odd," Octavia agreed, "Maybe they left work because they felt they should have as much time off work as you."

"Is everypony going to keep nagging about that?!" Vinyl whined.

"Well, you did scare everypony Vinyl." Octavia pointed out.

"I'm sorry." Vinyl apologized.

Octavia turned to the DJ, "I know you are Vinyl, and we forgive you, but we are still worried about you."

"But I'm a grown mare! I can take care of myself!" Vinyl argued, Octavia just raised an eyebrow but she said nothing.

The room went into silence as Octavia continued cooking. After a few moments, however, Vinyl started speaking.

"Hey, Octy.... What's this?"

Octavia turned to her marefriend to find Vinyl looking at a piece of paper.

"What does it say?" Octavia asked.

"It says 'shipping chart' and it has almost everypony we know on here," Vinyl replied.

Octavia walked away from the food to look at the paper. It was, in fact, a chart.

"I believe this is Beauty's" Octavia commented as she viewed the paper.

"What makes you say that?"

In response, Octavia pointed to a blue mare on the paper that had the word 'me' under it.

"Those could be initials," Vinyl argued.

Octavia raised an eyebrow at the DJ. But when all she got was a grin back, she ignored the mare, knowing there would be no way to win this battle.

"I wonder why Beauty was here," Octavia said.

~•~•~•~•~

"Symphony!" Beauty Brass called as the yellow mare came into view.

"Oh! Hello Beauty Brass," Symphony greeted as she turned to the mare. Symphony then noticed two unfamiliar mares following behind her. "Who are those two?"

"Not important," Beauty Brass replied, "I just need to know who you like."

"Why?" Symphony asked, tilting her head.

"Because, I need to know."

"Okay, but why?"

"Because then I can help you get with Fredric or Concerto!"

"How do you know I like one of them and not somepony else?"

"If you like somepony else then who is it?"

"Why do you-"

"WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST TELL HER!" The green unicorn begged, "I WANT TO GET THIS OVER WITH!"

"I still have no idea who you are," Symphony commented causing Lyra to let out a growl.

"Lyra, stop," The pale earth pony commanded. "Listen, Symphony, I am Bon Bon and this is Lyra. Could you please just tell Beauty what she wants to know so that we can go back to work."

Symphony looked between the three before a smirk spread across her face.

"A lady never tells her secrets."

"Well then I guess we can’t hope you get with the pony of your dreams!” Beauty Brass said dramatically.

Symphony’s eyes widened before she let out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. I like-

~•~•~•~•~

It was the end of the day, ponies were leaving the office, all excited that the weekend was finally here once again.

Lyra and Bon Bon still hadn't returned from where they had gone, but it seemed nopony noticed or cared. Except for of course Vinyl and Octavia who tried to contact them, only to find out their phones were off. The two made an agreement to wait at the very least a day to search for them.

Right now, Vinyl was in her office doing some paperwork, she was trying to finish everything before she had to leave for Ponyville the next day to see her parents. As she was working, she heard the door open.

"I am going now Vinyl," Octavia said from the door, her coat on, "Please don't overwork yourself."

Vinyl got up from her seat and walked over to her marefriend. "Don't worry about me Octy, just be careful during the counseling thing."

Octavia smiled, "I promise I will be careful. Now promise you will not work yourself ragged."

Vinyl smirked, "I promise. Now give meh a kiss ya big stick in the mud,"

Octavia giggled before moving in to kiss the DJ. Vinyl was expecting the kiss to be a short yet sweet one, but when she felt Octavia's hooves wrap around her neck, she realized that would not be the case. Not that Vinyl was complaining.

The two stayed there for awhile before they finally broke the kiss for air. When they broke it, Vinyl opened her eyes to see Octavia looking at the ground.

"You alright Tavi?" Vinyl asked, causing Octavia to look up at her.

"Yes... I just don't want to have to go to this thing with Caramel."

"I don't want you to go either. I was really hoping we could get some alone time instead," Vinyl said with a sad smile.

Octavia smiled a small smile. "If all goes well with your parents then we can go out to do something together, how does that sound?"

Vinyl smiled her regular bright and foalish smile that always made Octavia happy, "Yeah! That sounds awesome!"

Octavia then left, but not before giving Vinyl one more kiss, however, this one was a lot shorter.

~•~•~•~•~

Once Octavia got outside, she found Caramel in his car waiting for her. Octavia let out one last sigh before getting into the car with Caramel.

This was not going to be fun.

Author's Note:

This chapter was a bit more of a filler chapter before we got back onto the drama train.

I have some news, I have another proofreader/editor! Their name is Ashes!

I would like to thank you all again for your support and Ashes for editing this chapter! :pinkiehappy:

And don't worry, the next chapter will be back to it's dramatic ways.

See you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: